• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polar Bear Cafe 9

Rin Rin's rather... passionate about Panda. Enough to say fuck work for the day. This is what happens when you're given a distinctive character design early on. You're expect to be used, and he's being used.

And Penguin still has love troubles. He kind of reminds me of someone who puts a label on a girl to identify her and then tell everyone about the little things he did with her, and also wishes that she was there to witness his "awesomeness". And obviously others just tell him to get on with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, the latest pair (trio?) of novels gave them plenty of focus and they were heavily involved in the climax, so it does feel like their "arc" has been given a sort of closure, and if someone wanted to do an anime adaptation it would be a pretty decent cutoff point. But it doesn't really feel like their story is over yet.
Ah well, at this point, I assume any hopes for an anime are pretty much done given everything that's been said in the thread.

geukGA6.png
Wat. I guess she isn't "really" blonde like the dude and his sister, but they could have at least went with lighter brown hair.

jman2050

Kyoukai no Kanata 4

Ehhhhhhh. It was okay I guess?

Getting real sick of Mirai honestly. I'd say that KyoAni is futilely trying to elevate bad source material but given that they've apparently been gutting the source material wholesale to do their own thing and this is the best they can come up with I can't give them that much credit.

On the other hand,
the scene with Akihito going crazy was actually pretty well done. You have plenty of cases where someone is implied to be incredibly destructive and dangerous to all living things around him, but the visuals and events usually never seem to "sell" this implication properly, and fortunately that wasn't the case here.

Jex

[Kyoukai no Kanata] - 4

Imagine a world where this wasn't, unfortunately, a bad series:

knk42taonq.jpg
knk431apr5.jpg

knk44eiov0.jpg
knk45iurp0.jpg

knk46z8oag.jpg
knk47p8rqv.jpg

knk482dr8u.jpg
knk99wypde.jpg

Leaving aside criticisms of the story, because I have nothing else to say about how weak it is, I do actually have some criticisms of the visuals. While the episode contains numerous well animated (as in, fluid) sequences of action I find that most of the action feels rather weightless, when it should have some weight and force behind it.

Moreover, I don't find the action sequences to be particularly well choreographed with some weird editing and the camera placed usually too close to the action itself so that you can't get a good feel of what's actually happening. I really dislike all the visual effects they slap on top of the action especially the motion blur which is extremely ugly. Where's my nice clean lines KyoAni? Why must you destroy them?

The background art is pretty good in a number of key scenes, but very flat in others. A 'mixed bag' for sure.

Also, when given the possibility to design an environment outside the rules and boundaries of reality they come up with...this:

knk419wq99.jpg

Lots of repeated geography of fairly boring every day things like trains and escalators. Is that really the best thing they could come up with too display this alien space? It seems a little boring.

Now that Bayonetta: Bloody Fate made its premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival this past weekend, here's a new trailer for the movie:

http://www.bayonetta-movie.com/trailer.html

Also a new key visual on the site.

Will watch

Hilariously bad.

Has this trailer for Kaguya-hime been posted?

Well, I'm interested.

Looks so lovely.

Also, Toei is making a new Marvel anime, Disc Wars: The Avengers, though the premise is closer to a "mons" series than a normal adaptation...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-23/toei-makes-disc-wars/avengers-anime-for-marvel

What is this filth?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Had never seen 3 of those shows and will be adding them to my list.

The best thing of coming to this forum has definitely been the recommendations of anime I may have previously ignored while going through MAL or simply never found.

Awesome, glad I could help. Some of those aren't the best, I'll admit, but I personally had a good time watching them. Golden Boy on the other hand is fucking stellar 11/10 and everyone should watch it.

jman2050

Lots of repeated geography of fairly boring every day things like trains and escalators. Is that really the best thing they could come up with too display this alien space? It seems a little boring.

This is what happens when you try to beat Shaft at their own game. Should've just commissioned Inu Curry!

Kyoukai no Kanata 4

Ehhhhhhh. It was okay I guess?

Getting real sick of Mirai honestly. I'd say that KyoAni is futilely trying to elevate bad source material but given that they've apparently been gutting the source material wholesale to do their own thing and this is the best they can come up with I can't give them that much credit.

They haven't been. I heard from someone who's read the novel that it's been a fairly faithful adaptation so far.

Jarmel

Banned
[Kyoukai no Kanata] - 4

Leaving aside criticisms of the story, because I have nothing else to say about how weak it is, I do actually have some criticisms of the visuals. While the episode contains numerous well animated (as in, fluid) sequences of action I find that most of the action feels rather weightless, when it should have some weight and force behind it.

Moreover, I don't find the action sequences to be particularly well choreographed with some weird editing and the camera placed usually too close to the action itself so that you can't get a good feel of what's actually happening. I really dislike all the visual effects they slap on top of the action especially the motion blur which is extremely ugly. Where's my nice clean lines KyoAni? Why must you destroy them?

The action scenes definitely lack a sort of energy behind them. The scenes are very fluid but not that interesting to watch. Partly because there is a lack of choreography. There are some scenes with choreography and they do look nice but the motions themselves are way too fast. It's a blur on screen most of the time and it would probably benefit from slowing the actions down.

I don't think the weight component is that big of a deal as it's been established the characters aren't necessarily following the laws of physics. I have more of an issue with the combat style itself.

fertygo

Beyond the Boundary - 04

Well shit, that was might be the most visually impressive episode on this season so far.. And I'm sure not regretting watching this episode for that fact. Also not sure why people saying first half is boring, yeah the second half are on another level.. but the action already kicking and visually impressive since the first half, definitely best episode so far.

Despite that though, I still can't say its good episode and its a enjoyable watch though.. ugh.
The dialogue still awful like trash, almost no real tension at all.beside that one scene, the worst among all though, Mirai so fucking unbearable with her forced kyoanus moeblob act. Fuck you KyoAnus.

I wonder if this good time to drop this, we already pass the action heavy episode and we gonna go full throttle with their awful LN unfunny banter now.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Will you not like it if people tell you it's bad?

No, but I'll keep quiet about it and not post about it.

I'm not very articulate in defending the stuff I like. Which in turn leads to me liking it because it's as dumb as I am. And since RurouniZel ist ünd dumkoff and can't write an intelligent opinion that's intelligent to anyone other than myself, I get told 500 ways from Sesame Street how wrong I am, and then I get frustrated and angry at my own incompetence and stupidity, and nothing productive gets done. My art ends up procrastinated, games sit unplayed, and I don't sleep well.

Everybody here swears to high heaven and back that Psycho-Pass is bad while I really like it. And so do many others.

While the peer-pressure group think is strong in the forum and will cloud the judgement of the weak-minded, if you are enjoying it you'll be fine.

It is by no means a HORRIBLE anime, it's just that people (including myself) expected so much more from the studio that gave us Hyouka and Nichijou. We wanted a good ol' texan juicy steak, we got bologna.

jbug617

Banned
KnK 4

Just throwing it out there but I think
Akihito is going to be the enemy by the end of this and Kuriyama will be the one to end it for him.

Polar Bear Cafe 10

His lunch looks like a grandma lunch. It was unappealing.... So I ate it. Now lets be jackasses and talk about it right in front of his face Ahahuahuahuahua

Panda and (to a lesser extent) Polar Bear stole the date, and Handa's occupation saves him. Girls love animals dude! In a way, it's also a bit creepy when you consider this is a date and they're mostly reacting to the animals.

Tenumi

Banned
I dropped Strike the Blood. It was alright, just.... average, I suppose. Not really interested in continuing it.

I learned long ago that I've got some quite different opinions on some series than the rest of AnimeGaf. And yeah... I'm starting to turn more cynical. I blame life for that.

Jex

KnK 4

Just throwing it out there but I think
Akihito is going to be the enemy by the end of this and Kuriyama will be the one to end it for him.

Specula:
That seems almost inevitable. If this show wasn't so badly written maybe Akihitio would actually get killed (or nullified) but that probably won't happen.

RurouniZel

Everybody here swears to high heaven and back that Psycho-Pass is bad while I really like it. And so do many others.

While the peer-pressure group think is strong in the forum and will cloud the judgement of the weak-minded, if you are enjoying it you'll be fine.

It is by no means a HORRIBLE anime, it's just that people (including myself) expected so much more from the studio that gave us Hyouka and Nichijou. We wanted a good ol' texan juicy steak, we got bologna.

It's less-so peer pressure for me. It's that I can put up an intelligent debate with my fellow GAFers. Two or more people can debate a show to high heaven and still not agree on anything afterward. However if both sides are intelligently presented and well-thought out, the two sides can have respect for one another. But any time I try to debate anything I like, I get thoroughly owned and no respect is earned or exchanged.

jman2050

Debate is a skill just like anything else and being exceptional at it it isn't even all that necessary unless you're an academic.

Sometimes the winning move is not to play.

cnet128

Banned
BlazBlue Alter Memory 3

Well, it's the third episode and we're already well and truly into Continuum Shift territory, giving new viewers a giant "fuck you no we're not going to explain anything ever" in the process. I recall saying that at least this was never going to be as bad as Danganronpa, but I'm feeling tempted to take that back now, because it's falling into exactly the same pitfalls, most notably covering material without giving any of the relevant character background to earn its emotional impact first. And where Danganronpa left out all the clues that made the murder mysteries work, this show is leaving out all the details that make the plot work.

Also I'm pretty sure there's less animation in this than JoJo.

And lol still no Bang or Tager even though we've met Kokonoe and Relius. WhatisthisIdon'teven. At least we did get a bit of secret best girl Linfa.

Good things about this episode: listening to the character voices, particularly lots of Nakamura Yuuichi's delicious Hazama/Terumi voice. That man was born to play this character. But hey, guess what, I'm going to be listening to plenty of delicious BlazBlue voices anyway tomorrow when Chrono Phantasma comes out. Soyeah.

RurouniZel

Debate is a skill just like anything else and being exceptional at it it isn't even all that necessary unless you're an academic.

Sometimes the winning move is not to play.

And my debate skills are as terrible as they come. For me it's not about winning or losing; it's about being able to earn respect. But I find every time I stupidly open my mouth to defend an opinion of mine (at least where anime is concerned), I lose respect rather than earn any.

And that's why I asked about KnK. I've lost enough respect/friends as is. I don't want to lose more.

It's less-so peer pressure for me. It's that I can put up an intelligent debate with my fellow GAFers. Two or more people can debate a show to high heaven and still not agree on anything afterward. However if both sides are intelligently presented and well-thought out, the two sides can have respect for one another. But any time I try to debate anything I like, I get thoroughly owned and no respect is earned or exchanged.

It's not your lack of vocabulary or sentence structure. So it might just be that it's easier to nag at something than to debate the positives. Most of the time all the negative party has to say is:

- X is bad because of Y.

While the supporting party has to show why X isn't bad/that bad and how it may have worked in another show. To show the positive you have to get past the superficial issues such as bad dialogue or poor humor to demonstrate the theory as to why the show is good. And that shit just takes too much effort.

edit: as to respect, I don't think I would be exaggerating when I said that respect shouldn't be greatly lost as long as feelings aren't brought onboard and you concede points. That'll show the other party you're at least able to change.

Articalys

I mean, for me right now, am I still more or less enjoying Kyokai no Kanata? Sure. Does it look fantastic? You bet. Is the story really engaging me right now? Not so much.

Example: in episode 4 today, the scene with
youmu Akihito being able to shrug off all the sealing spells, knock everyone out, pretty much nuke the surrounding area, and still get calmed down from being hugged by Mirai
honestly felt a bit stupid to me. But damn was it pretty to watch.

If you want to improve your debate performance or discourse the best way is to broaden your knowledge base. Leaning about art of film will help you to recognize the techniques Directors use to convey their messages through film.

RurouniZel

If you want to improve your debate performance or discourse the best way is to broaden your knowledge base. Leaning about art of film will help you to recognize the techniques Directors use to convey their messages through film.

While I admit I know a thing or two about illustration, film technique is completely foreign to me; I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Dresden

Any time you get all self conscious about what you like, you should take a step back and think about why that matters at all, and realize it doesn't.

RurouniZel

Any time you get all self conscious about what you like, you should take a step back and think about why that matters at all, and realize it doesn't.

This is part of my quandary; I enjoy talking about things I like, but I despise my inability to articulate it well which reduces my ability to discuss those things I like.

Gazoinks

I am finally here again, so thank you for your recommendations, folks! I'll probably watch Usagi Drop since that one got the most recommendations, and I'll also check out Golden Boy.

NeonZ

Interestingly enough, I apparently came across someone who said fansubbers or something didn't really like the ending to Smile, said it was rather, derivative. That was surprising.

The drama and resolution in Smile's finale was very similar to the ending of the 3rd All Stars movie. Even the fake out is the same. It's not just a matter of using concepts that had been tackled before (unlike the Bad End Cures), it was basically reusing a storyline with different characters.

Pooya

METAL GEAR SOLID - Coppelion 4

This episode was like a near ending of some Metal Gear game indeed lolz. Big set piece, some absurd action scene complete with onscreen timer! obvious plot 'revelation' and oh, heavy handed drama at the end, it only needs some mecha, which I think we will get eventually looking at that OP... Cool stuff, loved it all pretty much except the drama part and them suddenly crying still feels odd.

Oh, and it was beautiful. They actually had good amount of red this week, it wasn't all blue and green!

ib1fHPGdUVU6Y6.jpg

i2JUIoUpvtqXX.jpg

Ibara is right,sky looked really good! nice clouds too.

iZFUz89VI0ZyO.jpg

iSh9jmd9L9miN.jpg

more nice backgrounds yet again

preview of next episode looks interesting.

I feel confident enough about it now, this show is my 'guilty pleasure' this season though I don't think it's bad, it just clicks with me better than anything else I watch while it has obvious problems which I can overlook.

this week's omake!

ibo8QxHVQeCqB0.gif

I'm really liking Gingitsune but I can't read the relationship between Makoto and Gintaro. They better not pull some lovers shit because thats just awkward.

To be fair, it's not like they've been terribly creative to begin with. Futari wa Precure got a sequel, then the next series was basically White/Black over again.
While splash star definitly started like that it became something else after 20 eps ..

BlazBlue Alter Memory 3

Well, it's the third episode and we're already well and truly into Continuum Shift territory, giving new viewers a giant "fuck you no we're not going to explain anything ever" in the process. I recall saying that at least this was never going to be as bad as Danganronpa, but I'm feeling tempted to take that back now, because it's falling into exactly the same pitfalls, most notably covering material without giving any of the relevant character background to earn its emotional impact first. And where Danganronpa left out all the clues that made the murder mysteries work, this show is leaving out all the details that make the plot work.

Also I'm pretty sure there's less animation in this than JoJo.

And lol still no Bang or Tager even though we've met Kokonoe and Relius. WhatisthisIdon'teven. At least we did get a bit of secret best girl Linfa.

Good things about this episode: listening to the character voices, particularly lots of Nakamura Yuuichi's delicious Hazama/Terumi voice. That man was born to play this character. But hey, guess what, I'm going to be listening to plenty of delicious BlazBlue voices anyway tomorrow when Chrono Phantasma comes out. Soyeah.

I feel exactly the same way ... given doing worse than dangaronpa is NOT HARD , but blazblue trully feel like nobody paid attention to the setting , just to the plot and didn't realise that most of the big moments in blazblue work only BECAUSE we know the characters ( plenty fo flashback and talking to know them properly ) it's part of the franchise and removing that would make the entire plot meaningless.

Zel: Just let Miku do the talking for you.

For some reason this sentence resonnated within my heart

KrUC3YU.jpg
mBDKKXk.jpg

Hopefully these pictures are safe enough to post.

Idol Wrestling 3

I actually decided to listen to that last sparring match with my eyes closed because of reasons.

5 minutes later, I almost forgot I was listening to this and not some girl being NTR again.

The drama and resolution in Smile's finale was very similar to the ending of the 3rd All Stars movie. Even the fake out is the same. It's not just a matter of using concepts that had been tackled before (unlike the Bad End Cures), it was basically reusing a storyline with different characters.

That it did. Although in fairness to the movie, they can't just go destroy the status quo, especially since it wouldn't make sense for Hibiki and Kanade to lose Hummy considering they're not even 1/10th of the way through their adventure.

Rotoscoping for musical performances is very common since the alternative is so expensive and time-consuming.

Kids on the Slope used both rotoscoping and CGI for closeups of hands playing the piano.

The instrument porn was what got me hooked on the series. I already enjoyed jazz, so I'd probably have watched it anyway, but seeing Sentaro's drum solo in the trailer pretty much sold me.

cajunator

Banned
We're getting a 2nd Sora no Otoshimono movie? Whatever came of the 3rd season that was supposed to happen?

Dont remind me that there isnt more. I love this series so much. One of my favorite harem leads because he dont give a fuck lol.

Roundup of some of the Anime Sols series status, as of two days ago:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?p=210270#post210270

Im still not really sure what this is but you posted it on the bottom of page so I wanted to quote it.

Forget about that oft-rumored third TV series: the newest issue of Shonen Ace seems to be reporting a new Sora no Otoshimono movie is hitting theaters in 2014.

OMG theres SnO movies? Why didnt I know?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom