• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. XD. People tell me I'm pessimistic but in truth I'm just acutely aware of what my shortcomings are.

Nothing wrong with being aware of your shortcomings, as long as you aren't in your head so much that you fixate on the negative. That seems like the precursor to motivation issues and all that. Please buy my book if you're interested in more armchair psychology.

I'm really liking Gingitsune but I can't read the relationship between Makoto and Gintaro. They better not pull some lovers shit because thats just awkward.

With Makoto being the only one that can see him, that would be more than simply awkward :p

Polar Bear Cafe 12

Animals do in fact, get bored on the rainy season. Although I don't know why BrockHanda won't let em play cards. I mean I'm sure people would pay to see that shit even on rainy days. Alas, he's too pure and innocent like an idol, but nowhere near the status of Panda and Full Time Panda, as their poop smells like lemons (based on how Honda explained it).

Can't help but feel like there was a budding towards the end.

If you want to improve your debate performance or discourse the best way is to broaden your knowledge base. Leaning about art of film will help you to recognize the techniques Directors use to convey their messages through film.

I find it nearly impossible to apply what I know about film to anime, and I'm not entirely sure why that is. I don't exactly know a ton about film, but I know a little.

I dunno, I could probably watch something by Oshii and try to see where he's coming from, but that's because I know for a fact that he's heavily influenced by film, especially Tarkovsky (whom I don't really like, but I've only seen Solaris, so I'd be willing to give him another shot). I haven't actually seen anything by him other than Ghost in the Shell, and that was a while back.

Maybe I just primarily watch really shallow anime.

cajunator

Banned
So I tried watching Sora No Otoshiwhatever before and I couldn't stand the main male lead since his whole persona was perverted clown with no cool features about him.

Does he get better throughout the series or does he stay as this?

IMO his attitude about things is refreshing in a harem. Hes not spineless. He acts like an actual guy might surrounded by beautiful girls. Hes also not an asshole. Well most of the time.

Yeah, I miss too such a gentleman. I hope all we talked about in here didn't create any serious friction between him and his missus. :-(

Man, I miss Extollere so much too :(

Why are we all still watching this? Are we expecting it to get better or do we simply think it's bad but not bad enough to drop?

Because Mirai is in it. She is the only excuse necessary!

I think Smile Charge, and think that name is rather derivative already. Who knows, it could be a sequel to Smile since everyone and their grandma sexualizes them the most, but I don't think this will be the name.

I dunno why people sexualize precures really. Seems pointless.

Hardly a catchy name. Hope it's not true.

Unless it means a Smile sequel, in which case go for it! There can never be enough Yayoi.

I do agree that a moenuke like Yayoi needs more screen time.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Zel: Just let Miku do the talking for you.

I should buy the Miku program. I don't know a thing about writing music though. XD

It's my favorite Kyoani show so far if that means anything.

I haven't watched 04 yet, but I like what I've watched.

Nothing wrong with being aware of your shortcomings, as long as you aren't in your head so much that you fixate on the negative. That seems like the precursor to motivation issues and all that. Please buy my book if you're interested in more armchair psychology.

So long as your book isn't expensive.

Unless that was sarcasm. I'm not good at detecting that on the interwebs.

Cwarrior

Also, Toei is making a new Marvel anime, Disc Wars: The Avengers, though the premise is closer to a "mons" series than a normal adaptation...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-23/toei-makes-disc-wars/avengers-anime-for-marvel

ydTJcAr.jpg

*throws self of balcony*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Btw, firehawk, I looked at the rain-on-window scene closely and I'm pretty sure it's CG. Just like how hair-blowing-in-the-wind in anime never happens in real life, water wouldn't move across a window so cleanly. There'd be trails, and they'd vibrate more (especially since the train is supposedly shaking).

Is there likely to be a better Season 2 of Titan? I'm halfway through S1 and am wondering if it's worth finishing to be caught up.

So long as your book isn't expensive.

Unless that was sarcasm. I'm not good at detecting that on the interwebs.

Just a joke about my elementary attempts to understand the human psyche.

cajunator

Banned
To be fair, it's not like they've been terribly creative to begin with. Futari wa Precure got a sequel, then the next series was basically White/Black over again.

The second series is so dull and boring and horrible. Even my love of cute couldnt save it.

Just found out there is a Hanasaku Iroha movie. Does anyone know if it's one of those recap movies or is it actually a sequel?

All these movies. Damn I have missed so many!

tumblr_mlu83rlI951qavd02o5_500.gif

Yo this gif is blowing my mind. This is how CGI should be done if it is CGI.

Its not CG as people said but it looks very good.

I'm not sure about 'lighthearted,' but for at least 'story-driven non-depressing' I might suggest:

Coyote Ragtime Show
Majestic Prince
Gunsmith Cats
Godannar

Also, you should watch Golden Boy (specifically the English Dub). It's not exactly story-driven, but it's one of the funniest things you'll probably ever watch.

CRT is an interesting choice. However gunsmith Cats is just fun to watch. Like one of those standalone rated R cop movies. except BETTER.

SMDH
Meat what have they donnneeeee?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's still like two weeks away man!
WHY MUST TIME MOVE SO SLOWLY.
I hope you are watching it in IMAX. And since it is such a short film, you could theoretically watch it 4 or 5 times in one day!
lol

Is Kyoukai no Kanata bad?

I've been enjoying it but I'm usually wrong about things like quality.
For me, it feels fairly rote. It has the same Chuu2 formula of two outsiders meeting and forming a mutually beneficial relationship together, except I almost miss the dead parent angst of Chuu2 because the supernatural stuff here is so bland.

Btw, firehawk, I looked at the rain-on-window scene closely and I'm pretty sure it's CG. Just like how hair-blowing-in-the-wind in anime never happens in real life, water wouldn't move across a window so cleanly. There'd be trails, and they'd vibrate more (especially since the train is supposedly shaking).
Hrm, okay. It just looks so real, or at least what I think is real anyway. lol
(The power of Cauron!)

sonicmj1

[Kyoukai no Kanata] - 4

Imagine a world where this wasn't, unfortunately, a bad series:

Also, when given the possibility to design an environment outside the rules and boundaries of reality they come up with...this:

knk419wq99.jpg

Lots of repeated geography of fairly boring every day things like trains and escalators. Is that really the best thing they could come up with too display this alien space? It seems a little boring.

Not every studio can be as good as Shaft.

There will be a season 2. Whether it's better though... I'd say that's unlikely.

For someone who has been reading the manga, I'd argue that, discounting the Battle for Trost taking WAY too many episodes, that was the peak of the manga. The good part of the second season once it comes out it's that there's a lot of backstory on the students, you figure out the identities of certain mysterious characters, and there's probably more battle chapters/episodes than before.

The downside is that titan vs titan is played out more and the steampunk spiderman aspect takes a backseat since a lot of the battles occur in the forests.

LordCanti

Samurai Flamenco 02

This show is the biggest disappointment of the season for me. The writing, animation, and music (especially) are just terrible. If they had made him some super famous guy that was going out and doing it...maybe? Maybe with the element of "He's gonna get cauuuuggghhttt" it would be better, but that wouldn't fix the animation or ridiculous background music.

Gah.

Samurai Flamenco 02

This show is the biggest disappointment of the season for me. The writing, animation, and music (especially) are just terrible. If they had made him some super famous guy that was going out and doing it...maybe? Maybe with the element of "He's gonna get cauuuuggghhttt" it would be better, but that wouldn't fix the animation or ridiculous background music.

Gah.

prepare to get nagged at. It's definitely the biggest disappointment of the season for me too since I was expecting something completely different, but I'm still... enjoying it? As long as it picks up steam.

RurouniZel

For me, it feels fairly rote. It has the same Chuu2 formula of two outsiders meeting and forming a mutually beneficial relationship together, except I almost miss the dead parent angst of Chuu2 because the supernatural stuff here is so bland.

I'm liking it, not so much for being original as well as being well presented. So...

Kyoukai no Kanata 04:

I rather enjoyed it. Nice build up, some character interaction, and a nice finish with Akihito's condition. I thought it was a rather well executed emotional moment once everything was said and done.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 27

Just in case you needed more proof that Pop is the best character in this series and is superior to Doremi in every way, this episode is just for you. Bullfighting Pop. Goddamn, what's next? Gunslinging cowgirl Pop? Astronaut Pop? Shit, they should just make her a full-fledged witch already.

Oyajide was also great in this episode. And Hana-chan. Especially when she was all happy and excited when the bull was rampaging through the classroom. Hana-chan loves her some chaos and destruction.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm liking it, not so much for being original as well as being well presented. So...

Kyoukai no Kanata 04:

I rather enjoyed it. Nice build up, some character interaction, and a nice finish with Akihito's condition. I thought it was a rather well executed emotional moment once everything was said and done.

I will say, whether by design or not, I'm recognizing a lot of Chuu2 and K-Onisms that make me like the show more than I probably would otherwise. lol

RurouniZel

I will say, whether by design or not, I'm recognizing a lot of Chuu2 and K-Onisms that make me like the show more than I probably would otherwise. lol

The main character is a girl who acts like Yui the Youmu killer who in the heat of a terrifying moment
killed a girl named Yui
OH MY GOD INCEPTION!!!

There will be a season 2. Whether it's better though... I'd say that's unlikely.

That seems like the realistic answer. I probably just need help summoning the conviction to drop more shows I'm not that into. I'd have have more time for the infinite backlog of shows I might love!

For someone who has been reading the manga, I'd argue that, discounting the Battle for Trost taking WAY too many episodes, that was the peak of the manga. The good part of the second season once it comes out it's that there's a lot of backstory on the students, you figure out the identities of certain mysterious characters, and there's probably more battle chapters/episodes than before.

The downside is that titan vs titan is played out more and the steampunk spiderman aspect takes a backseat since a lot of the battles occur in the forests.

You make an interesting case. Perhaps I'll catch up if feedback of S2 is positive when it airs.

The main character is a girl who acts like Yui the Youmu killer who in the heat of a terrifying moment
killed a girl named Yui
OH MY GOD INCEPTION!!!

If they had called the show Yui the Youmu Slayer and tried to bite Whedon's style instead of Nisio's I might be loving it right now.

Clannad After Story 16
..... OH GOD. WHAT HAS THIS SHOW DONE TO ME. I CAN'T. I CAN'T ANYMORE.

tumblr_lrnoyjBI821qcq3x3o1_500.gif

There's just a little bit of dust in my eye
That's from the path that you made when you said your goodbye
I'm not weeping 'cause you won't be here to hold my hand
For your information, there's an inflammation in my tear gland

I'm not upset because you left me this way
My eyes are just a little sweaty today
They've been looking around and are searching for you
They've been looking for you even though I told them not to
These aren't tears of sadness, they're tears of joy
I'm just laughing,

i-m-not-crying-o.gif

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

tumblr_mkoon0Q15H1rka58bo1_500.gif

I'M NOT CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYING!
CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYING!

Stop making me want to watch Flight of The Conchords for the millionth time.

Soooooo it met the hype? :p

Yes and no.

There are 3-4 arcs that made me bawl, but I'm very easy to made bawl. Assuming the quality of this season keeps up it'll mean that in general I really enjoyed... maybe 19 episodes of the show. The rest were quite boring. So in general it seems that half of the show could have been Dragon Ball Kai'd

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad After Story 16
..... OH GOD. WHAT HAS THIS SHOW DONE TO ME. I CAN'T. I CAN'T ANYMORE.

Yes and no.

There are 3-4 arcs that made me bawl, but I'm very easy to made bawl. Assuming the quality of this season keeps up it'll mean that in general I really enjoyed... maybe 19 episodes of the show. The rest were quite boring. So in general it seems that half of the show could have been Dragon Ball Kai'd

Told ya. Oh, and it's not done yet. The next couple of episodes are gonna wreck you.

LordCanti

prepare to get nagged at. It's definitely the biggest disappointment of the season for me too since I was expecting something completely different, but I'm still... enjoying it? As long as it picks up steam.

I don't mind getting nagged, because I know anyone nagging me is wrong. It's not even an issue of what the show is vs what people thought it would be at this point; It's a poorly produced show.

I'm a sad panda.

SAINT Seya Omega - 76

aka

Pheonix Ikki is a badass
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_01.jpg

Do you feel that badassery ?
This is one of those eps ..the good episodes of sain seya omega 2nd arc...
This episode was the kind of episode i just couldn't stop smilling , Ikki was kicking ass and that was beautifull

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_05.jpg

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_06.jpg

What is this brutal cosmo ???

Ikki gave it his all , badass one liner , badass skills , badass moves , badass all around !! Even the 4 main bad guys now know that "this guy", "that guy " can do it ..there was no contest.
This was so badass that even the main bad guy was impressed How could i not be.

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_02.jpg

Seriously , if you have one episode to watch in the second season of sain seya omega , this is IT

This episode not only was superb , but it even gave some insight on why subaru is such a bad character as it's now obvious that he is
the final main bad guy in disguise, this sucks since he probably won't die at the end of this arc , but this is better than nothing.

But let's go back to ikki , after getting all badass , ( did i say that ikki was badass , yet ? ) he even take a little of time to teahc the noob bronze saint , on what a saint trully is , i hope they have taken notes ! Seriously ikki , what would we have done without you ?
Better , we now know that yuna decision to leave the mask out was accepted and acknolodged by athena herself , nice triva and clever way to upgrade the setting.

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_03.jpg

Look at him acting all cool in the middle of a deadly battle , as if his opponent is nothing ...
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2076_04.jpg

Look at this delicious final attack

No seriously , Ep 76 is in the must see list if you plan to watch this arc abbridged , Don't miss it.... it's genuily good.

Ps: shiryu is fighting in the middle of the battle blinded and with no armor ? Ah ah , this one is good.

"i have walked througt hell , your flammes ? they don't even touch my skin !"

I don't mind getting nagged, because I know anyone nagging me is wrong. It's not even an issue of what the show is vs what people thought it would be at this point; It's a poorly produced show.

I'm a sad panda.

It's good to have confidence in your opinions. Just like I'm confident that you're wrong. :)

Not that the production values aren't mediocre, for they are, but I find the direction, the pacing, and especially the writing and characterization highly enjoyable. The music works for the tone the show is going for, and I particularly enjoy how the first two episodes have handled the transition into the ED theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom