• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Maybe in the feels department but I wasn't quite a fan of how things went down.
The ending only made it more puzzling.
18 is legitimately the best episode in the series
that isn't the Kyou OVA bwahahaha.

I actually came to like that ending, tbh.

And I think you mean the
Tomoyo OVA
. ;3

cnet128

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 4

Okay, that was pretty damn cool. Both
the battle with the core of the Shadow
and
Akihito's subsequent frenzy
were really awesome to watch and showed off KyoAni's skills with action/effects to the max. The sheer sense of force and impact behind some of that stuff...goddamn. Narrative is still nothing special but it's not completely awful.

Butyeah, why can't all anime look like this ;_; If BlazBlue Alter Memory had even a tiny fraction of this animation quality, it would be a joy to watch and pacing issues be damned. And if the likes of JoJo had this kind of quality...the world would probably explode from the awesome.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Filterppelion Episode 4:

Right, ways for me to get me to love your show, extended chase and missile batter between a jeep and a stealth bomber.

Ways for me to get me to hate you show, pull an environmental morale right out of the ass of Captain Planet and then start getting all melodramatic about it.

We will call this episode a wash since it contained both and I will watch this show for the rest of the season.

hO3egSG.jpg
gFctEDP.jpg

Kill la Kill 3

Ten minutes in and my body was definitely not ready for more sexy sensei.

Also is there a #TeamSatsuki I can join or something?

Because I could not help but say DAMN when her ass was shown.

Orchestral version of "Don't lose your way" sounds extremely good. I want that in my Ipod right this second.

Tenumi

Banned
Nagisa Furukawa.... Always my favorite anime character ever.

Anyway, other news...

Squid Girl Season 1 (Netflix, English Dub) (END)

This was definitely a worthwhile watch, comedy-wise, but towards the middle, things started to feel... repetitive, for lack of a better term. It wasn't literally repetitive, but it felt like the shtick was growing old. The last episode with
Squid Girl losing her powers temporarily
did help the series overall, though. I'm just not sure that I particularly care to watch a sequel, at least not right away
and without english dubbing!

Clannad AS 18

Fuck me I'm crying worst than before. Fuck you Clannad don't toy with my emotions like this. What's fucking next? He'll buy a dog and have to put it down while the dog protects him from bears?

LordCanti

It's good to have confidence in your opinions. Just like I'm confident that you're wrong. :)

Not that the production values aren't mediocre, for they are, but I find the direction, the pacing, and especially the writing and characterization highly enjoyable. The music works for the tone the show is going for, and I particularly enjoy how the first two episodes have handled the transition into the ED theme.

Embrace the knowledge that it's a poorly done show, for you already know it to be true. Everything else is a matter of taste.

I won't argue over the characterizations or script, but come onnnnnnn about that music. It's like they picked the most generic royalty free music they could find. I'm talking about the insert music specifically, and not the OP/ED.

Gazoinks

So, uh, whatever happened to Pupa? I was only vaguely interested in it, but it seems like it's kind of... vanished except that one PV. Is it still coming out this season or what?

I should buy the Miku program. I don't know a thing about writing music though. XD

Amusingly, from my cursory research, the western Miku pack contains pretty much everything you need to get started making electronic music: there's a DAW and a bunch of plug ins thrown in. The obvious downside is that it's a no-name DAW, so tutorials won't match up, and of course I wouldn't be able to tell you how good any of that stuff is. But yeah, you can theoretically go from 0 to music via Miku.

Anyway, on to something that's vaguely on topic.

Kill la Kill 1 + 2
Well, that was something. I'm not entirely sure what exactly it was, but sure. OK Trigger. I'm on board with this.

If I had a nitpick with this series, is that the fanservice dial is a bit too high for my tastes. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but turning it up to 11 only goes so far when 10 will probably do. This is the point where I reheat my salty spag bol metaphor from the KlK thread that will probably get me on @NeoGAFWorstPosts and a hashtag #GAFNoAnalogies.

So, er, yeah, what was my point again (aside from pointing out that these goes to eleven).

So, uh, whatever happened to Pupa? I was only vaguely interested in it, but it seems like it's kind of... vanished except that one PV. Is it still coming out this season or what?

It's still supposedly planned to be streamed on NicoNico sometime this season. That's all we really know.

Embrace the knowledge that it's a poorly done show, for you already know it to be true. Everything else is a matter of taste.

The art is mediocre and the art setting bland, but it's not offensively ugly like, say, Tokyo Ravens. It's just serviceable, which is fine by me when the rest of it is as good as it's been. I'd certainly take this over high production values and garbage story and direction as in Kyoukai no Kanata.

I won't argue over the characterizations or script, but come onnnnnnn about that music. It's like they picked the most generic royalty free music they could find. I'm talking about the insert music specifically, and not the OP/ED.

"Insert music" would generally refer to insert songs, not to the soundtrack/background music proper, at least to me. I probably wouldn't listen to the soundtrack on its own, but it works in the context of the show.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 28

Yo, what the fuck did that bitch do to Hana-chan this time? Fuck show, don't leave me hangin' like that. And the next episode isn't even about that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Samurai Flamenco 02
I wasn't super hot on the first episode but I was really impressed with the show this week. The setup was pretty tedious when the premise is so basic, and now that the show is past that it can really emphasize its delightful casual tone. Being able to follow the characters through their daily lives is what really makes the show interesting, and it seems better served by the hero incidents being supportive pop ups that push the story forward.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 02
I wasn't super hot on the first episode but I was really impressed with the show this week. The setup was pretty tedious when the premise is so basic, and now that the show is past that it can really emphasize its delightful casual tone. Being able to follow the characters through their daily lives is what really makes the show interesting, and it seems better served by the hero incidents being supportive pop ups that push the story forward.

Anyone else hoping he ends up with his own hero show? I could see the show taking that direction, especially since he already has a public image.

Branduil

I've only seen the first episode, but the music was definitely bad, to the point of being distracting. The other aspects of the production aren't as bad, they're just extremely mediocre and bland.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tokyo Ravens Episodes 1-3

The fuck am I watching?

The CG for the shaman mechs is from a terrible kids show or from the early 2000's. The Dragon looks like a cellshaded thing from Naruto Ultimate Storm.

The animation seemed alright in the first episode. High degrees of QUALITY appeared in increasing order in Episodes 2&3.

Best girl
died
. She was nothing but a
paper doll

Seems like commentary on the 3D vs. 2D Commentary.

Clannad AS 22: END

I was in pain so I skipped a bit through the episode because fuck it.

tumblr_m4lkartbKY1qgv1ar.gif

My tears weren't for nothing. My tears... weren't for nothing.

Over-all the better of the Key adaptations imho. I'd say the first two major arcs of Clannad, the cat arc in After Story, and everything after they start living as adults makes this very worth it. So yeah. Almost a season among all the episodes are masterful.

Just do it. Every laugh, every smile, every tear: they're all worth it.

Until the ending
makes them all for naught.
Goddamn I hated
the ending and I am usually all for happy endings (and yes I know that it actually makes sense in a way and the anime had build the ending for sometime but I still hated it).

Blazblue - alter memory .03

Lol i cannot understand how someone took the decision to adapt blazblue like that ..

First the fights ..they are too short

Second the fights ... the aren't that much animated

Third the plot ... ok glad that they are adapting the true route , but anyone not familliar with the game won't understand A THING, who is this squirell girl ? who is this pink cat girl , why did the white dude disapear ? what is the eye ? what did you waste 2 minutes on rachel ? why is that important ? What are the units ? EXPLAIN THE SETTING GUYS !
There was no attempt to explain the world , the characters , the setting , the timeline ...and did this happen during the day , those events were supposed to happen during the NIGHT ... they aren't even following the game story properly.

I know the answer to those question but i've played the game... given how they adapted things i doubt anyone would understand it properly.. the viewer is given barely the less amount of information possible. Why would a blazblue noobie even understand what is at stake , they brushed aside the first day in 2 episode , failed to introduce the cast properly this is ridiculous
I mean the ENTIRE point of the first game was the effect of the boundary and the deadlock but they ignored that ..that could have been the PERFECT WAY to introduce the whole cast without messing things up. heck you could have given us some nice fights as a result

Fourth the graphisms , i don't want to say :wonzo but seriously , sometimes ... it's horrible

Fifth blazblue has an incredible soundtrack, here it's badly utilised..is it a attempt to stir my nostalgia ? it's not working then !

If terumi wasn't such a great vilain , i would have dropped this already ... i'll continue hoping that they will give us a proper showdown but it's not going to happen.

Hattori

Banned
:lol that's funny Gaz, cause I'm kind the same after watching depressing and emotional animes. I definitely didn't watch anything like it afterwards that's for sure.

Shergal

[Kyoukai no Kanata] - 4

Also, when given the possibility to design an environment outside the rules and boundaries of reality they come up with...this:

knk419wq99.jpg

Lots of repeated geography of fairly boring every day things like trains and escalators. Is that really the best thing they could come up with too display this alien space? It seems a little boring.
fairly boring things like trains
Watch your words. You've effortlessly offended a whole fandom here!

Gazoinks

:lol that's funny Gaz, cause I'm kind the same after watching depressing and emotional anime's. I definitely didn't watch anything like it afterwards that's for sure.

Alternatively you can just go into a downwards spiral of tears and sadness. Watching Clannad and Anohana at the same time is obviously the best option here.

NeonZ

Ps: shiryu is fighting in the middle of the battle blinded and with no armor ? Ah ah , this one is good.

Shiryu recovered his senses after the mark of darkness disappeared. It's just that he's often shown with his eyes closed now in spite of that.

I was kind of annoyed that they just lumped Haruto with the other Bronzes there while Ikki went on that rant, considering how Haruto fought against Mira the first time exactly by putting his own cloth and body in danger, but then I noticed that Haruto just disappeared for a while during that scene and wasn't shown to be hit by Ikki's shockwave. So, whatever.

Shiryu recovered his senses after the mark of darkness disappeared. It's just that he's often shown with his eyes closed now in spite of that.

I was kind of annoyed that they just lumped Haruto with the other Bronzes there while Ikki went on that rant, considering how Haruto fought against Mira the first time exactly by putting his own cloth and body in danger, but then I noticed that Haruto just disappeared for a while during that scene and wasn't shown to be hit by Ikki's shockwave. So, whatever.

Oh yeah i forgot .. that's better no cloth , and nobody strong enough to make him open his eyes , then. you'd realise that shiryu could take the gold armor to join the fight for real but that would be overkill in term of story

Indeed, ikki attack produced different results , eden blocked it , haruto dodged it , the rest however....

Until the ending
Goddamn I hated
the ending and I am usually all for happy endings (and yes I know that it actually makes sense in a way and the anime had build the ending for sometime but I still hated it).

First off let me just say that I also watched the "epiloque" in the summary episode. 'twas nice.

Now unto the feels discussion of AS
I too felt the happy ending was a bit too much, but I'm glad it happened. If it had ended with both his wife and little cute moe daughter dying of a similar weakness disease I would have punched a wall. There are certain things you just don't do, this being one of them. The plot with the robot and the interdimensional girl was 'tarded though. Sorry Key, I would have preferred if you had used the dream cop-out or an angel or even a time travel. But this? It was stupid.

I'm glad it ended happily though.

my evening would have been ruined if it wasn't for that. Gotta study for an exam. Can't do that with tears muddying up the paper.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I might try starting Clannad soon.

Do it....is this an echo chamber?

I will... sometime! I have to watch something lighter first though, I just did Steins;Gate and Fate/Zero in a row. Maybe not as emotionally wrecking as Clannad apparently is, but still plenty of feels thar.

Clannad is soulcrushing. Not best thing for you right now.

lol at how games like Clannad made by that company are called Crying Games.

That's their bread and butter, man. They do what they know.

Clannad AS 22: END

I was in pain so I skipped a bit through the episode because fuck it.

tumblr_m4lkartbKY1qgv1ar.gif

My tears weren't for nothing. My tears... weren't for nothing.

Over-all the better of the Key adaptations imho. I'd say the first two major arcs of Clannad, the cat arc in After Story, and everything after they start living as adults makes this very worth it. So yeah. Almost a season among all the episodes are masterful.

Naw don't skip around! Experience it!

But yeah, when they start getting into After Story is when it really takes off, but even all the boring arcs still build the characters and the relationships so much.

Until the ending
Goddamn I hated

Well, I mean, I disagree.
Yeah, we both agree they were building to it. The theme of wishes and miracles gets pushed a lot. The lights in the sky it pushed subtly at times and more overtly at other. Besides, what would've the ending be? Would you've been satisfied if they ended on 21 with Ushio's death? And just went "Okay, that's the ballgame, ladies and gents!" I mean, I just don't see anyway to end that show sad and with Ushio and Nagisa both dead AND build the wish angle at the same time.
I guess the Clannad movie kinda has your wants maybe with
Ushio not dying but Nagisa not coming back to life
but the movie version is really meh, so...idk. I felt is was good.

First off let me just say that I also watched the "epiloque" in the summary episode. 'twas nice.

Now unto the feels discussion of AS
I too felt the happy ending was a bit too much, but I'm glad it happened. If it had ended with both his wife and little cute moe daughter dying of a similar weakness disease I would have punched a wall. There are certain things you just don't do, this being one of them. The plot with the robot and the interdimensional girl was 'tarded though. Sorry Key, I would have preferred if you had used the dream cop-out or an angel or even a time travel. But this? It was stupid.

I'm glad it ended happily though.

my evening would have been ruined if it wasn't for that. Gotta study for an exam. Can't do that with tears muddying up the paper.

You still have an OVA to watch, don't you? Did you want the bonus episodes too?

Kyoukai no Kanata - 4

I don't think I've ever been more bored by a bunch of action scenes more than in the first half of this.

Second half was alright, I guess. I'm not entirely sure why I'm still watching it and not dropping it for Kyousougiga or something.

To be completely honest I watched the stories with the different girls after finishing Clannad season 1 since the way I play visual novels in general is to do the story of every girl besides main one first. I may have done it differently here since I still don't think Nagisa was best girl.

Fortunately the few VN's I've played with the choice, best girl was main girl.

Soma

Kyoukai no Kanata - 4

I don't think I've ever been more bored by a bunch of action scenes more than in the first half of this.

Second half was alright, I guess. I'm not entirely sure why I'm still watching it and not dropping it for Kyousougiga or something.

Uhhh if it's keeping you from watching Kyousougiga I would advise dropping it.

Kyousougiga is one of the (if not the) best shows this season.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
To be completely honest I watched the stories with the different girls after finishing Clannad season 1 since the way I play visual novels in general is to do the story of every girl besides main one first. I may have done it differently here since I still don't think Nagisa was best girl.

Fortunately the few VN's I've played with the choice, best girl was main girl.

Ah okay. There are two bonus episodes with Nagisa though.

Gazoinks

Uhhh if it's keeping you from watching Kyousougiga I would advise dropping it.

Kyousougiga is one of the (if not the) best shows this season.

I was about to say this. Kyousougiga should be sacrificed for nothing! Nothing!

my avatar makes me slightly biased

Well, I mean, I disagree.
Yeah, we both agree they were building to it. The theme of wishes and miracles gets pushed a lot. The lights in the sky it pushed subtly at times and more overtly at other. Besides, what would've the ending be? Would you've been satisfied if they ended on 21 with Ushio's death? And just went "Okay, that's the ballgame, ladies and gents!" I mean, I just don't see anyway to end that show sad and with Ushio and Nagisa both dead AND build the wish angle at the same time.
I guess the Clannad movie kinda your wants maybe with
Ushio not dying but Nagisa not coming back to life
but the movie version is really meh, so...idk. I felt is was good.

That would have been perfect ending for me.
Ushio miraculously lives and they will live happily ever after with Tomoya. Perfect end for that arc. Now it just left me feeling kinda empty to see that amazing arc where Tomoya grows to love and care for his daughter after Nagisa died and then suddenly the series goes ''I was just playing with you guys'' ->Nagisa comes back to life. It just felt to me that all those feelings that I had during the latter part of the series ( I actually shed manly tears that I don't do often) were for naught.
It was kinda strange actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom