• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost time for phoenix wright my brothers.

anime of the year.

iHQ9P7pp9iUPf.gif

Nafe

Aww, sorry Nafe! I got the date from this fiendish poster here and considering you never offered any corrections, I just assumed it was the right one. Of course, after Hito posted that image I know realise the date was a Sailor Moon reference more than anything...

Oh, so that's where the date comes from. I guess that's where Narag got that date from as well. A joke about my using Minako as an avatar it seems.

Seeing Chet's post there I remember that now. I guess I should have said no there. Well, it's no big deal and I still appreciate the thought and picture. :)

Oh yeah, while I still haven't gotten to the next part of Banner of the Stars yet, I'd recommend taking a look at Space Battleship Yamato 2199 if you haven't already. I think it might be the kind of show you'd like if you're already a fan of something like "of the Stars".

Branduil, I'd recommend you keeping close with you a tab on your preferred browser with GEARS Online encyclopedic compilation of translated additional information about The Five Star Stories' lore:

Five Star Stories - GEARS Online
http://www.gearsonline.net/series/fivestarstories/

Instantly useful, warranted!

Ah, I might have to look into this and the manga myself. The first part that the movie introduces I thought was interesting enough. Reading zeroshiki's comments about Gothicmade and it sounded like it had a similar story or themes to it as that of Five Star Stories as well.

Do you like it to the point of doing a pilgrimage? :)

And that digital disc release of the HanaIro film has been out in Japan for a week!

Ah, thanks. I think these comparisons pieces like this are always interesting to see. While maybe not being able to visit some places personally, I think it's interesting to sort of be there by using Google's "Street View" option in it's maps, to sort of take a little bit of a virtual tour of different places.

I see that now about HanaIro,haha. Maybe I just unconsciously knew or remembered about its release. I personally liked the show so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the cast again.

But tell us, oh my empress, which day was this exactly?

I don't see fair that the one who congratulates us the most and in such a nice way is the one to not share her birthday for us to do the same, as it should be. ESSENTIAL RECIPROCITY!

jERfN8BOcmpsZ_e.jpg

What I really liked about the umbrella plot is Goto casually dismissing umbrella theft during the dinner as an unimportant trifle no one should get worked up about, but when his umbrella was stolen he was all "We can't stand for this!" Isn't that so typical of human behavior? We casually dismiss other people's problems as unimportant, but when it happens to us suddenly it becomes the most important issue in the world which everyone should be focusing on. Ah, the self-centeredness of man.

If you watch the OP through the end, it clearly establishes that the action sequence is Masayoshi's dream.

While Masayoshi can maybe be a bit extreme or eccentric with his ideas, I can certainly agree with him about a lot of things. Even before what happened later in the episode I'd say I preferred his way of thinking that just because someone took your umbrella doesn't mean you should take someone else's. While many things are maybe just a small problem, they could be easily avoided if people didn't have the attitude that "people are just like that." It's annoying that a store will even have shopping cart return spots in their parking lot and someone is maybe parked two spots away and is still too lazy to return their cart for example.

I watched a documentary talking about people and politeness and the changes from in the past and how everyone seems to be in a hurry now-a-days. It's pretty sad how someone can get really surprised that I'm actually holding a door for them like it's some rare event now. :(

KnK4
http://i.imgur.com/uLQYLn5l.png
Sakuga peeps, is this real rain?

After the talk of rotoscoping just before your post I jokingly thought maybe the rain is rotoscoped,haha.

That "blonde" hair.

This reminds me again of someone complaining about the fact that Mion didn't have green hair in the live action movie adaptation of Higurashi.

Jexhius, stop watching anime and plan your life around how many times you will watch Gravity.

Out of curiosity, does Gravity have any mono no aware in it?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hey guys you wont believe what I saw today I saw a b2 bomber get out maneuvered and chased by a jeep carrying high school girls who then shot at it with a hand rocket after the b2 missed with its two missiles at practically point blank range so aint that something huh?

anime

EDIT: Also black crows fly hundreds of miles per hour.

zeroshiki

I will! I'm definitely a fan of them. I think you should watch Yamato 2199 as it's a good show as well. :)

That reminds me. Did you ever buy the most recent Seikai book? Hitokage mentioned he did but I'm not sure how much he's read.

I've only read the first 3 Crest books in English. I haven't bought any Banner books because I don't have the time to read books anymore unfortunately :(

Gazoinks

Usagi Drop 1

Welp my heart is warmed.

qeGS59H.png

Rin 2kawaii4me

Good first episode. Sort of sad, but really sweet. I like the kinda simplistic watercolory art style. Daikichi seems like a likable dude and Rin is yeah see above. Kinda want to slap the rest of his family around a bit, but that's okay.

zeroshiki

The most amount of sad in an episode in Usagi Drop is basically the first and one more in the middle. Other than that its just happy happy all around. Just like the OP says!

Kyoka no Kanata EP 4
I enjoyed this episode's second half a lot more than the first, but I consider it a good overall watch. The train portion was not striking, but the action in the other parts of the episode were good. The awkward stills did get to me though. Those were not expected after the fluid motions in the earlier episodes, but it's not like they dominated the action either. Anyone could totally see that "I told you so" coming from a mile away when Akihito told her to man up and finish what they started. I didn't expect
him to go all Touhou
which was admittedly awesome.

I read the bit a few pages back about the number of volumes and I gotta say the author's Mirai is better than what they came up with for the show. They really overdid it on her clumsiness and mannerisms. Still, the fighting kept those mannerisms and clumsiness at a minimum. I expect continuing disappointment and a lot of gaf hatewatch if they continue down this road for the coming slow episodes. God help Nase if her bro steps on the scene.

Steins;Gate EP 12
Shit just got real and a major betrayal just occurred. Here I thought Suzu was supposed to be a warrior too. The first eleven episodes were slow, but I enjoyed watching budding friendships and the exchanges between Okabe and Kurisu. Mayuri's eyes freaked me out (girl looks soulless), but she was too good to be treated like that. Damn... fuck that traitor. I can't wait to see how this continues to develop now that the gears are really turning.
Usagi Drop 1

Welp my heart is warmed.

Good first episode. Sort of sad, but really sweet. I like the kinda simplistic watercolory art style. Daikichi seems like a likable dude and Rin is yeah see above. Kinda want to slap the rest of his family around a bit, but that's okay.
Congrats on the start of a wonderful anime.

This show will make your heart grow three times it's normal size.

Chronoexe

Usagi Drop 1

Welp my heart is warmed.

Rin <3

This remind me I still have to read the manga.

I need to know.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate EP 12
Shit just got real and a major betrayal just occurred. Here I thought Suzu was supposed to be a warrior too. The first eleven episodes were slow, but I enjoyed watching budding friendships and the exchanges between Okabe and Kurisu. Mayuri's eyes freaked me out (girl looks soulless), but she was too good to be treated like that. Damn... fuck that traitor. I can't wait to see how this continues to develop now that the gears are really turning.

Oh boy. :D

Rin <3

This remind me I still have to read the manga.

I need to know.

Ugh, I accidentally read a bit about the ending and all I can say is I'm glad the anime only adapts the first arc.

cajunator

Banned
Debate is a skill just like anything else and being exceptional at it it isn't even all that necessary unless you're an academic.

Sometimes the winning move is not to play.

Words of wisdom

And my debate skills are as terrible as they come. For me it's not about winning or losing; it's about being able to earn respect. But I find every time I stupidly open my mouth to defend an opinion of mine (at least where anime is concerned), I lose respect rather than earn any.

And that's why I asked about KnK. I've lost enough respect/friends as is. I don't want to lose more.

I shall always love the Zel &#9829;

Any time you get all self conscious about what you like, you should take a step back and think about why that matters at all, and realize it doesn't.

It totally doesnt unless your job is being a critic.

I am finally here again, so thank you for your recommendations, folks! I'll probably watch Usagi Drop since that one got the most recommendations, and I'll also check out Golden Boy.

Yes. These will suit you nicely.

Kyoukai no Kanata continues to have great animation for a series that has mediocre characters and story.

It has a pretty great ED, too. It's kinda weird, because the song's not really the sort of thing I'd listen to if it weren't in an anime ED, but I really like it. It really goes well with the animation.

I'm pretty sure I'm hooked on the drum beat, mainly, plus the production and arrangement in general. The bitcrushed synth and backwards guitars at the beginning and during the verse really add a lot of atmosphere. And I really love the drum sound. The beat itself isn't all that special, but I really like the way the drums sound.

The swung-16ths feel is also pretty nice. That's probably a major reason why I dig the song so much. The vocal hooks are kinda dependent on it.

Branduil

Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home

Yep it's more Hanasaku Iroha. It's not so much a movie as it is an extended episode. If you enjoyed the better parts of the series, you should enjoy this, as it hits similar notes.

There's a few cuts of pretty good animation; to balance it out they added some ugly CG people. Like I said, it's basically an extra-length episode of the series, with the same visuals.

Also, they actually did it, LOL.

Mature

The Eccentric Family - 5
Sorry to have neglected you. So glad to be back. I was worried that having neglected this for a few weeks I wouldn't be privy to the finer nuances of the characters and the world they inhabit, but from the moment I heard Yasaburou and Benten's voice I was quickly back into the world of Tanukis and Tengu again. To say that not a lot happened in this episode might lead someone to conclude that it wasn't good, but I think what makes this such a captivating series is, from set piece to set piece, a perfectly tempered mood and feeling is established. Like the one shown above; it wasn't a defining moment for either of the characters, but it was beautifully somber, and managed to say a lot about Benten through her almost lack of enthusiasm and lackadaisical demeanor, coupled together with their rooftop walk. It was, as most of the scenes are, well composed and articulated through mood.

So, that is to say, it was lovely as usual and I look forward to more— as usual.

I think between this and Kyousogiga, anime is really great for me right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This reminds me again of someone complaining about the fact that Mion didn't have green hair in the live action movie adaptation of Higurashi.
Yeah, but the whole point of his character is that he's blonde. Now he looks like an albino. :p

Out of curiosity, does Gravity have any mono no aware in it?
Actually, it does. lol
Haly even trolled me about it!

We agreed never to talk about that which must not be mentioned. It makes for a happier place around here.
Manga end is best end. They're going to make a movie sequel when the actress grows up!

Fixed , because i had to
Don't remember the ED at all, unfortunately.

Lupin III: Part One - 01

DABBA DABBA DABBA DABBA DABBA DABBA DABBA DA (DUN DUN) LUPIN THE THI-IRD!

Well that was a fun episode. Really liked the way that Jigen and Lupin switched places with the clock ticking down. I noticed how the subs said "Scorpion" but inside of their base it was missing the R... And did they really try to kill Fujiko with a tickle machine?

CorvoSol

i know dat feel

haven't wqatched anime in a long time because of Arcanum, aka one of the greatest games ever made, rest in peace Troika

Why must video games interrupt my anime life?

AA5 is coming out in like, 12 hours. I have to finish the last case of Apollo Justice before that. Which means enduring Klavier Gavin, but hey, I'll do it for Trucy.

But AA is anime, you can't escape it. Just like when I stopped watching anime to play Fire Emblem: Awakening.

FE:A was way more anime than AA. Well, actually, I kinda feel AA has gotten more anime as it's gone on. Like Nick and Edgey have sorta realish faces but by the time AAI rolls around Kay's face looks hilariously cartoony compared to theirs.

AA5 is BONES. So it is literally anime!

BONES? Pre-order cancelled due to still being raw about Eureka 7 AO.
I'm lying Liberation Maiden redeemed them in my eyes.

almost time for phoenix wright my brothers.

anime of the year.

iHQ9P7pp9iUPf.gif

Athena is good, but we all know Ema has skye rocketed to best assistant since taking over Gummy's role in AA4. Kay thought she would steal Gumshoe's role, but nope. It was always gonna be Emmmmmmmmmmmmmma

Usagi Drop 1

Welp my heart is warmed.

You have made a wise decision, my friend.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 30

Will the mothers of the potential future queen be give the potential solution to restoring her magic that is being drained by a horrible curse that causes you to hate vegetables? We will decide this the only way possible: with a bake-off.

And they only won by pouring the magical ingredient on her that brought back a nostalgic song. It's like when Bender won the Iron Chef cookoff by putting the LSD on his food.

Clannad 02-03

Series is alright so far but hopefully a plot will show up soon as right now its just slice-of-life scenes.
Wonder what the beginning of each episode is leading to concerning the girl and the robot?

duckroll

Kyoto Animation Presents The New Sword Art Online - Episode 4

I think this is the point where I accept the show for what it is. I actually "enjoyed" this episode in it's entirety, just like I "enjoyed" much of Sword Art Online. Once I move on from expecting anything respectable or artistic about the work, and just shifting to accepting that it is a trashy action packed product aimed at teenagers filled with silly pandering and obvious relationships and plot directions, it's a lot easier to just sit back, shut my brain off, and enjoy the technical mastery at work. It's a very pretty show, the direction of scenes and the staging are very impressive. The narrative is a huge steaming pile of young adult garbage, but whatever, my body is ready for the remaining 9 episodes!

Next week, Yamada directs! The preview sure looks like K-On! Lol.

I think this is the point where I accept the show for what it is. I actually "enjoyed" this episode in it's entirety, just like I "enjoyed" much of Sword Art Online. Once I move on from expecting anything respectable or artistic about the work, and just shifting to accepting that it is a trashy action packed product aimed at teenagers filled with silly pandering and obvious relationships and plot directions, it's a lot easier to just sit back, shut my brain off, and enjoy the technical mastery at work. It's a very pretty show, the direction of scenes and the staging are very impressive. The narrative is a huge steaming pile of young adult garbage, but whatever, my body is ready for the remaining 9 episodes!

Stockholm syndrome has set in. How sad.

Kyousougiga - 3
There are a few moments in this episode and in the two prior that have this captivating sense of wonder that I absolutely love. The harmony of great music, visuals, and dialogue, whether it's involving a touching heart to heart or a character coming to a realization, really gets me swept up in the moment as I've said before.

Also, I've been pretty surprised by how episodes are structured. When word came out that episodes were split into chapters, I was a bit too quick to assume that they would play out like multiple vignettes in an episode about the overall world and its characters with little to no continuity. I was thinking something more along the lines of Nichijou with less sketch comedy, but I am very glad to have been wrong about that. I've really enjoyed the structure and its handling of flashbacks.

Andrew J.

Once I move on from expecting anything respectable or artistic about the work, and just shifting to accepting that it is a trashy action packed product aimed at teenagers filled with silly pandering and obvious relationships and plot directions.

If you didn't do this around mid-way through the first episode, you're slow on the uptake.

Just don't read the manga. Stay as far away from the manga as you possibly can.
stahp pls

lol

Welp, shit.
Stockholm syndrome has set in. How sad.
LOL!
No! Stockholm syndrome would be if I keep watching while thinking it's awful and I want to stop watching! This is just the part of my brain which enjoys Bayformers talking!
Whatever you say.

*winks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom