• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control 1-2
I just randomly found this and thought it looked cool. Fairly interesting. The overarching evil being preys on people's greed to get them to destroy each other. The fights look pretty good despite the CGI.

Clannad 02-03

Series is alright so far but hopefully a plot will show up soon as right now its just slice-of-life scenes.
Wonder what the beginning of each episode is leading to concerning the girl and the robot?

Oh don't worry, things will pick up in the feels department once the Fuko arc starts up.

Gosick - 1

This show's OP sounds somewhat similar to Gurren Lagann's for some reason.

For an introductory episode, this wasn't too bad. Victorique went from only slightly adorable to really adorable when her curiosity exploded outside. So it's good to know that our supporting female isn't an all-serious bore-fest. Still though, I'm hoping they pick up the pace in the suspense department, because that's the one thing I felt was lacking here. Ah well, it's only the first episode.

Noukome 3

fJyPePx.jpg

Dude went through every modern panty censorship technique. Awesome.

Polar Bear Cafe 13

Clearly my watching of mahou shoujos have given me experience at reading signs when it comes to romance, both straight and in yuri, no matter how delusional it is. And it basically states that yes, in fact, I was totally correct that the last episode caused something to bud. It's like BAM, suddenly another reason for Sasako to exist, beyond being the only human working at the store, and probably being the most normal (that doesn't stop her from indulging them).

Now Brock knows what to do! Maybe Penguin will also stop being awkward...

Shergal

@Usagi Drop manga: if we're gonna talk about it, let's not pretend it was only tainted by a bad ending.
The entire second part after the timeskip is terrible.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 02-03

Series is alright so far but hopefully a plot will show up soon as right now its just slice-of-life scenes.
Wonder what the beginning of each episode is leading to concerning the girl and the robot?

Fuko will take center stage in a bit. It picks up from there, for the most part.

zeroshiki

I'm getting flashbacks of those awful starfish. Clannad definitely spent waaay too much time on Fuuko at the expense of other storylines.

CorvoSol

Just don't read the manga. Stay as far away from the manga as you possibly can.

What are you talking about? There's no such thing as a Bunny Drop Manga. You shouldn't mislead people into thinking there is. There's a movie, but no one ever ever ever made a manga.

@Usagi Drop manga: if we're gonna talk about it, let's not pretend it was only tainted by a bad ending.
The entire second part after the timeskip is terrible.

We're not going to talk about this. Because it doesn't exist. Don't spread lies.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 31

Almost all of those characters that cajunator keeps talking about how cute they are are meth-addicted marmots rolling around in cow shit compared to Hana-chan. There I said it. Oh, and now she's back in the regular fold of things. Awesome.

Green peppers are good and Onpu should feel bad about hating them.

Clannad 04-05

Fuko automatically is best girl for having the same VA as Kyouko from Madoka Magika (I knew the voice sounded familiar and was ecstatic in figuring it out).
Anyways I'm enjoying Fuko's arc so far, those wooden starfish are very cute. Comedy is also good and feels well-paced.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 31

Green peppers are good and Onpu should feel bad about hating them.

So I'm not insane for liking green peppers. Nice

Polar Bear Cafe 14

Hahaa, good stuff in this episode. I bet Polar Bear made Panda's job harder by doing better at Panda's Job. Good stuff after some of the character development for the past few episodes.

Kyousougiga TV 03

I really do like this structure of intermixing the ONAs with new material. It really helps established the once random episodes that I saw earlier and give them a bunch of context and backstory that I never knew I wanted but want even more now.

The great music helps with this too.

duckroll

Kyousougiga TV - Episode 3

I really enjoy the expansion of the character backgrounds and the world building here (in this case, one of the chapters was literally about... world BUILDING... lol), but there's something a little strange about the overall narrative. The aspect of the Shrine in the "real world" being at odds with the mirror world is a new plot element, and it's a layer I'm not really convinced of yet. It feels rather unnecessary on top of all the things already going on, and smacks of a convenient way of crafting a dramatic antagonist out of existing elements in the worldview.

Why would you be insane for liking green peppers? Green peppers are good stuff. Not as good as some other peppers, but still good. And stuffed pepper are really good.

I don't know, anime makes me feel like a weirdo because of the large amount of green pepper hate.

And yes, Stuffed Peppers are awesome

tokyo ravens 3

a bit confused what they were talking about at the end about ribbons and what not.
She's wearing Hokuto's ribbon, because Hokuto was her familiar. MC is too dense to realize it, but Touji is having fun with Natsume because he knows he already met her when she was controlling Hokuto.

cajunator

Banned
METAL GEAR SOLID - Coppelion 4

This episode was like a near ending of some Metal Gear game indeed lolz. Big set piece, some absurd action scene complete with onscreen timer! obvious plot 'revelation' and oh, heavy handed drama at the end, it only needs some mecha, which I think we will get eventually looking at that OP... Cool stuff, loved it all pretty much except the drama part and them suddenly crying still feels odd.

Oh, and it was beautiful. They actually had good amount of red this week, it wasn't all blue and green!

preview of next episode looks interesting.

I feel confident enough about it now, this show is my 'guilty pleasure' this season though I don't think it's bad, it just clicks with me better than anything else I watch while it has obvious problems which I can overlook.

this week's omake!

ibo8QxHVQeCqB0.gif

Good lord this show has gorgeous backgrounds. The rest looks bad though.

Zel: Just let Miku do the talking for you.

miku is a damn good spokesvocaloid.

When Hyouka is licensed.

Thats never gonna happen.

Big Windup! 1-END

This was pretty great. It's nice to have a sports anime that is focused mostly on the competitive aspect of the sport itself. The entire 2nd half of the season takes place during one game, and they managed to keep compelling through those whole 12 or so episodes. On to season 2.

Articalys

Speaking of Tokyo Ravens, it seems that they're going to do a series of videos on YouTube explaining terms, concepts, and story elements in the series, all narrated/presented by the character Kon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAonHK0fPz4

Or something like that. It's all in Japanese (of course) so I'm only guessing at what it is; would appreciate someone taking a look and clarifying.

Kyoukai no Kanata 04

Heh, I really liked the visuals for the first part of the episode and the fight. It was pretty cool.

Second half wasn't bad, a little typical though.

Valvrave the Liberator 8

You're a bitter man, L-Elf.

The battle was pretty neat; exciting action and good strategy from the Master himself. Interesting backstory for him too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kyousougiga Episode 3

Oh hey, it is the well animated series that doesn't have the shit light novel writing or the bad character interactions. I am seriously not understanding why so many are continuing to watch Kyoukai no Kanata and try to justify watching it by pointing out the pretty visuals or that it has gotten slightly less bad writing wise where there are series like this existing this season. That being said, this was a rather uneven episode for me, the first part for me was boring and redundant to the point where I almost fell asleep.

I don't think show does straight backstory very well at all, too dry and mechanical. I suppose it doesn't help that I find Koto's children kind of boring in and of themselves. Honestly, I am here more for the likes of Koto and Shoko and their antics. Also, the structure of things, is getting a bit tedious. Okay, I get that the original OVA was a very dense and symbolic and VERY challenging watch and explaining shit is important, but that is the lion's share of what they are doing, just explaining and explaining and explaining and I kind of want to see what happens next. All and all, one of the better shows of the season if a tad overrated. Stil going to watch the full series.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 32

Today we learn that letting a one-year old eat three puddings is not a good idea. Still, I get how Hana-chan's eyes can be very hard to say "no" to. Still though, three? How the hell does that happen?

I like Dodo and company better when they're in their original forms and can only say their names. I wonder what they were discussing over tea while the others were moving all the stuff for Hana-chan's room. I'm guessing the IMF.

Clannad 06-07

Starfish vs Dango who will win?
I'm team Starfish. I wonder why Fuko is starting to be forgotten, maybe a correlation to her physical body's condition in the hospital?
Another thing about the comedy, I really do enjoy Tomoya's humor in pulling pranks, all of them made me chuckle so far.

Gazoinks

Golden Boy 2

ZxB5PM1.png

So this is what you've got up to since quitting Blue's Clues, Steve.

This episode was a bit weaker but still pretty good. I like that even though he's an enormous pervert, Kintaro is basically a good guy.

fertygo

Big Windup! 1-END

This was pretty great. It's nice to have a sports anime that is focused mostly on the competitive aspect of the sport itself. The entire 2nd half of the season takes place during one game, and they managed to keep compelling through those whole 12 or so episodes. On to season 2.

More people need to follow you!

Baseball maybe the only team sport that can be entertaining in anime due to its turn based nature, also Oofuri have compelling strategic element for the game that only can help make thing interesting. The characters also pretty likeable.

Now I have urge to rewatch this.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Saikano 5

Uh wow, Shuuji you're getting really unhinged. Maybe less overtly so as Chise, but damn son.

Goddamn this shit is getting fucking dark.

Valvrave the Liberator 9

I suppose the twist at the end wasn't particularly shocking, but it was still cool to see it revealed like that.
I didn't expect everyone in the module to be in the military though.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 06-07

Starfish vs Dango who will win?
I'm team Starfish. I wonder why Fuko is starting to be forgotten, maybe a correlation to her physical body's condition in the hospital?
Another thing about the comedy, I really do enjoy Tomoya's humor in pulling pranks, all of them made me chuckle so far.

Tomoya's pranks are the fucking best.

Golden Boy 2

This episode was a bit weaker but still pretty good. I like that even though he's an enormous pervert, Kintaro is basically a good guy.

Plus he's got all the best one-liners ever.

Hattori

Banned
Pokeyman XY 1-2

Froakie is awesome! Ash's new partners are much more interesting than the previous ones. Team Rocket is back to being themselves :)

Once Tokyo Ravens starts to catch up with the manga I'll start watching again. At this pace though the manga will be ahead for another 2-3 months. If not more.

As to Clannad, Fuko is great but she's not best girl. I chuckle at your choice.

CHUCKLE I SAY. We all know Tomoyo is best girl.

Time to watch Kyousougiga. For all those college students in this thread, you know those exams where you and a group of lab/group members study together and you all agree the exam is gonna suck coxndix? Yeah that happened. I need a breather before I sleep and wake up in 4 hours to continue studying. So Kyousougiga and Panda Kun here I come.

edit: As to the previous page's discussion of Usagi Drop, I unfortunately read the manga before the anime. So to those who are curious as to why people tell you to stay away I'll spoiler it. It doesn't happen till much later in the story when there's a time-skip (unless you're talking of something else)

what's her face, the cute kid, falls in love with her father figure when she's in high school. And it basically turns into weird incestuous-love from her part which kind of ruins the sweetness of the father/daughter relationship from the earlier part. They also get married.

So yeah stay away from manga. At least don't read last few chapters.

duckroll

Valvrave the Liberator 9

I suppose the twist at the end wasn't particularly shocking, but it was still cool to see it revealed like that.
I didn't expect everyone in the module to be in the military though.

Do you think the Modules in Valvrave could be the future of Japan envisioned in Girls und Panzer?! First city ship schools, then space colony schools!

Gazoinks

Usagi Drop 3

What no I didn't tear up a little at the nighttime talk I just have something in my eye shut up.

I have an adopted 5-year-old sister, so this series hits pretty close to home for me, minus the whole single parent thing obviously.

Anyway, glad to see the rest of the family warming up to Rin, and Daikichi starting to seriously restructure his life to care for her.

Polar Bear Cafe 15

Penguin got shit, being the only one who gave a fuck about the weeds while everyone was fucking with him! BUT HEY

Mr Penguin finally confesses his love!

And he was doing it every single day. No wonder she didn't get fed up with it. TURNS OUT THERE'S SEVEN FEMALE PENGUINS! ONE A DAY! Cold blooded punch line

Kyousougiga TV 03

Favorite anime of the season? Favorite anime of the season.

Great expansion of characters. Correct me if I'm wrong but the voice of Koto is the voice of Kagura from Gintama right? It sounds TOO familiar to not be it. Nothing against the children but I'm hoping we eventually go back into

figuring out what's going on with the head priest and bunny koto. Those two are my favorite characters. I also want more father/daughter love between child koto and head priest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom