• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Flamenco 3

So ugly, so entertaining. This episode was a bit of a surprise, as I was expecting idol girl to become involved after her debut last episode. They cut to her at the end of this episode so I assume she'll turn up soon. I like that Goto is being played as a good sport that's humouring Hazama and not just nagging him to stop all the time, like a worse show might have done. Joji is weird but I don't dislike him and I don't think they pushed his personality too far in any one direction.

The action was surprisingly decent, but I would have liked an elaborate transformation sequence for Red Axe. Ain't no luxuries in this show though, just good writing and serviceable everything else.

One thing I forgot to mention about White Album 2 3 last night: I want to live in this world where concert pianists are household names. Also, props for using Beethoven's excellent Farewell Sonata instead of just the freaking Moonlight Sonata again.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 04

Well if there was any doubt that new girl is the best , this episode put some serious arguments on the table..

Yep this episode was good by infinite stratos standards , but that's not saying much

Gundam Build fighters - 03
Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20-%2003.jpg

Ahah i never expected them to go this route !
So_good.gif

This show is so good ..... So fun to watch ....

They are seriously hyping me up for the next battles.

Romantic interest is working hard to understand his beloved hobby , i like that

Kill la Kill - 4

Best episode yet, and this is still my anime of the year unless something else really blows me away. Feels to me like Gurren Lagann dialed up to 11...and Gurren Lagann was pretty crazy to begin with.

Andrew J.

Galilei Donna 04

Film Crit Hulk is right, don't belabor the refusal of the call. There's no story if the hero (or one of the heroes, in this case) doesn't set out on the journey, so there's no point trying to get tension out of it; you just annoy the audience.

Everything else was inoffensively entertaining enough, although I wonder if
I guessed that Adnimoon was behind the "air pirate" attacks before the speech was even over because I've been exposed to so much media, or if this show is just that predictable.

sonicmj1

Samurai Flamenco 3

I'm enjoying this show more and more as it goes on. There's a great rapport between the leads, Masayoshi's quest provides a clear thematic throughline, and I like how everything seems tied up in the way that the Japanese entertainment industry works. I'm curious how deep they'll go down that hole, but this episode alone seemed a lot more realistic about things than most shows about idols and whatnot.

I just hope it stays as good as it is.

BluWacky

Thanks for the link.

As usual I take issue with some of the questioning. How can you bring up fujoshi and not ask Minami about Ouran, let alone No 6? It's also interesting that he's sticking to the "we don't do moe" line after Gosick and elements of DtB2 and E7 Ao.

Nonetheless, I admire Minami for sticking to his guns, at least in interviews.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Golden Time
Caught up. I guess it really is just as wacky as Toradora, but apparently more frontloaded with "dorama". The revelation at the end of episode 4 is just silly though, because why
wouldn't he, as a Japanese dude, notice someone named Linda in his yearbook even with his amnesia. :p

Also:
KJdTpxel.png

wRvsBYbl.png

Subtle! lol
I guess that pretty much confirms the canon pairing anyway. Hopefully they'll forgo love-triangle angst because, well, it's just such a familiar well that would be so easy to dip into.

Nordicus

Astro Fighter Sunred 2, episodes 21-23

It's such a bummer that I only have a few episodes left. I've watched over 40 episodes in total right now, yet the jokes still work.

Btw, I wonder how they came up with the idea of having Sunred's girlfriend and the supervillain star in a legit cooking show bit every couple of episodes. I don't know why, but I actually pay attention during those. Maybe it's due to how little I know about Japanese cooking?

Monster recruitment companies are weird

Golden Time
Caught up. I guess it really is just as wacky as Toradora, but apparently more frontloaded with "dorama". The revelation at the end of episode 4 is just silly though, because why
wouldn't he, as a Japanese dude, notice someone named Linda in his yearbook even with his amnesia. :p

Subtle! lol
I guess that pretty much confirms the canon pairing anyway. Hopefully they'll forgo love-triangle angst because, well, it's just such a familiar well that would be so easy to dip into.

We've all been to this rodeo before. The only way it can go is love triangle angst.

Golden Time
The implication that I got was that he hadn't looked through the yearbook since he lost his memories, it was stored away in a box. He hadn't met with his old friends and seemed to have been deliberately casting off his old life. Linda is a nickname anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The implication that I got was that he hadn't looked through the yearbook since he lost his memories, it was stored away in a box. He hadn't met with his old friends and seemed to have been deliberately casting off his old life. Linda is a nickname anyway.
The name is written on the photo though. It's how he recognizes her, presumably, because she has a different haircut. As for all the other stuff, I suppose it just remains to be seen what the reason he never bothered to look after his old life after his accident turns out to be.

I still don't buy it because you'd think his parents would at least have shown him that stuff since they want to get his memories back.

I still don't buy it because you'd think his parents would at least have shown him that stuff since they want to get his memories back.
They didn't even tell him he had a girlfriend. And with the way those photos fell out of the yearbook, it's hard to believe he could have looked through the yearbook without seeing them.

They didn't even tell him he had a girlfriend. And with the way those photos fell out of the yearbook, it's hard to believe he could have looked through the yearbook without seeing them.

I think I should have been more clear.
I'm calling the fact that no one showed him his yearbooks after the accident or told him about his Girlfriend an oversight in the writing. One that is straining my suspension of disbelief.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tumblr_msv8390ejT1s3cyh0o1_500.jpg

Is this some motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

Slowly waking up you look to your left and you exclaim "What the fuck is that!?". Jumping out of bed you only realize a second later that it is your Watamote Dakimakura.

sonicmj1

I dunno, it seems you're just seeing stuff! Males have friends who are also males!

Friends are people who are one step away from realizing their true feelings for each other.

Enemies are people who use their hate as a way to hide their boiling sexual tension which will inevitably explode.

I think I should have been more clear.
I'm calling the fact that no one showed him his yearbooks after the accident or told him about his Girlfriend an oversight in the writing. One that is straining my suspension of disbelief.

Oh, I'll agree there. It's a definite contrivance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom