• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

High Tier:
Log Horizon
Kyosogiga
Phi Brain S3 (seriously!)
Yozakura Quartet
Kill la Kill (ep 1,3)

Mid Tier:
Kyokai no Kanata
Kill la Kill (ep 2,4)
Golden Time
Samurai Flamenco
Outbreak Company
Machine-Doll

Low Tier:
Arpeggio
Galilei Donna
Yu-Sibu

jbug617

Banned
Watching:

Kuroko no Basket S2
Yowamushi Pedal
Ace of Diamond
Golden Time
Infinite Stratos S2
Kill La Kill
Non Non Biyori
NouCome

Watching in order of enjoyment:
Kyousougiga
White Album 2
Yowamushi Pedal
Yozakura Quartet

Soon to start:
Valvrave S2

On hold:
Gingitsune
Gundam Build Fighters
Log Horizon
Samurai Flamenco

Chronoexe

tumblr_msv8390ejT1s3cyh0o1_500.jpg

Is this some motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

Slowly waking up you look to your left and you exclaim "What the fuck is that!?". Jumping out of bed you only realize a second later that it is your Watamote Dakimakura.

what I don't even

she really looks creepy.

I'm watching Trigun Badlands Rumble right now since it's on TV. I've never seen Trigun before, but I know my sister has a lot of the DVD's for it.

It's not that bad so far.

Watching
Hajime No Ippo Rising
Magi S2
Blazblue Alter Memory

Dropped
Ore No Nounai Sentakushi

Gazoinks

God Tier
-Kyousougiga
-Kill La Kill

Pleasant Surprise Tier
-Log Horizon
-White Album 2

Steady Improvement Tier
-Samurai Flamenco
-Golden Time

Not Watching Tier
-Everything else

Gundam Build Fighter 1-3

So I just watched all these last night. And I know two things so far.

1) Dudes this is the most DTL shit I've ever seen. And I mean that in a good way. I'm honestly rooting for these two. I will be legit disappointed if Sei ends up with this chick in stead of his main man Reiji. Bros 4 Lyfe.

2) Sei's Mom is the tastiest christmas cake I've ever christmas'd. Can't wait to see the doujins that come out of this.

[EDIT] Bonus 3rd realization: No show designed specifically to sell me toys should be allowed to be this good.

I think Polar Bear Cafe and Samurai Flamenco are much more DTL than this.

But yes, Agreed everywhere else.

Reknoc

Naked tier:
Kill la Kill

Hot mum tier:
Gundam Build Fighters

I thought it would be nice to catch up on but CR's video player shits itself when I skip ahead but I swear if I heard this goddamn OP again I will hurt myself tier:
Hunter x Hunter

why arent you watching gundam

I can only speak for myself, but as someone who's not a fan of Gundam, Gundam mech designs, or really of mechanical animation, Gundam Build Fighters doesn't hold a great deal of appeal to me. It's OK and all, but it's not something that's going to grab everyone.

Soma

Top Tier
Kill La Kill - Just seems to get better and crazier with each episode. Not exactly what I was expecting from a few months ago but what it has become is so just so entertaining. Lots of great characters but I just can't waiver in my allegiance to Lady Satsuki.
Kyousougiga - Revisits the already wonderful world from the previous OVAs and does what I always wanted in the first place: fleshing it out. Not only is it doing that but has been doing it so well. The art direction, the characters, the mythos and the music are just fantastic. I'm in love with this series.
Valvrave S2 - This ride just never stops.

Great Tier
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - So far has been a really enjoyable experience. It's done a pretty great job at easing the audience into the large cast of characters and the history behind the city. Some of the best animated sequences of this season as well but can also turn people off with those frequent panty shots.
White Album 2 - My surprise of the season! I have more detailed thoughts here but this has turned out to be really nice, far more than I would've expected judging by the promotional artwork.

Good Tier
Golden Time - It's growing on me. The whole
memory loss
thing doesn't instill a lot of confidence in where the story might be headed but it's been pretty enjoyable so far. It's also pretty refreshing seeing these kinds of stories in a college setting too. I guess Koko has been growing on me as well and at least she isn't as obnoxious as Taiga.
Galilei Donna - I dunno I've been having fun with this show but I still haven't seen episode 3 as of this post soooooooooooo....

Other Tier
Kyoukai no Kanata
IS2

On hold so I can watch it all at once Tier
Teekyuu S3

RIP in peaces, Onii-chan Tier
Pupa

Defuser

Watching
Valvrave S2
Log Horizon
Kill la Kill
Yuushibu
Golden Time
Noukome
Strike the Blood
Outbreak Company
Nagi no Asukara
Samurai Flamenco
Galilei Donna
Unbreakable Machine Doll
Phi brain S3
Monogatari S2
IS 2
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Magi S2
Walkzure Romance

I have no tier unfortunately.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Legit:
Kyousougiga
Kill la Kill
Samurai Flamenco
White Album 2
Log Horizon
Yozakura Quartet

Okay I Guess:
Magi
Outbreak Company

Boring Shows I Don't Care About:
Gingitsune
Non Non Biyori
Hajime No Ippo

Complete Garbage:
Golden Time
Beyond the Boundary
I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.
Strike the Blood
Infinite Stratos 2
Nagi no Asukara
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Gravity

Worst Show of the Season:
Ore No Nounai Sentakushi

Ranking Time? (surprised we havent had a Assassination Classroom chapter called that yet).

Best
Samurai Flamenco
Gundam Build Fighters
Valvrave
KuroBas
Phi Brain
Tokyo Ravens

Would Buy
Diabolik Lovers
Nagi no Asukara

Entertaining
Yowapeda
Magi Kingdom of Magic
Ace of Diamond
Meganebu!
Beyond the Boundary

Decent
Miss Monochrome
Strike the Blood
Log Horizon

Guilty Pleasure
Super Seiysun Brothers

hatewatch?
BlazBlue

Dropped
Kill la Kill
Galilei Donna

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So we are playing this game again, another round of tier watching.

AOTY Candidate Tier
Kill la Kill
Gundam Build Fighter
Coppelion
Gingitsune

MASSIVELY Overrated but Good Tier
Kyousougiga

Good to Watchable Tier
Ace of Diamond
Log Horizon
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Walkure Romanze

The Middling/Boring Dropped Tier
Nagi no Asukara
Strike the Blood
Golden Time
Yuusha ni Narenakatta
Unbreakable Machine-Doll

The Shit Dropped Tier
Diabolik Lovers
Kyoukai no Kanata
Tokyo Ravens
Noucome
Samurai Flamenco

The Shit HATEWATCH! Tier
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Galilei Donna

Jesus I must be the only one in this forum that really doesn't get all the hype behind Kill La Kill. It's trying so hard to be wacky action that all it's accomplishing with me is making me want to watch Gurren Lagann for similar wackiness and better characters. Revenge stories are a dime a dozen for me so nothing has really interested me too much.

Also too lazy to quote but in a previous page somebody was discussing Golden Time and a possibility for not having a love triangle.

That's entirely up to Koko. Unfortunately the preview made it seem like she was still all over childhood friend's dick. I still will argue that Linda is simply a childhood friend and she might have some feelings for Tada but he won't reciprocate since he's so scared of his past. Koko is obviously starting to see that Tada is best guy but her life long obsession with the friend will probably make it where, at least at first, she won't fully let him go.

What I REALLY REALLY don't want to happen is for her to date Banri and then the childhood friend realizes he does love her and then she has to decide. That's an amount of melodrama I really don't wanna have to deal with.

cajunator

Banned
Jesus I must be the only one in this forum that really doesn't get all the hype behind Kill La Kill. It's trying so hard to be wacky action that all it's accomplishing with me is making me want to watch Gurren Lagann for similar wackiness and better characters. Revenge stories are a dime a dozen for me so nothing has really interested me too much.

Also too lazy to quote but in a previous page somebody was discussing Golden Time and a possibility for not having a love triangle.

That's entirely up to Koko. Unfortunately the preview made it seem like she was still all over childhood friend's dick. I still will argue that Linda is simply a childhood friend and she might have some feelings for Tada but he won't reciprocate since he's so scared of his past. Koko is obviously starting to see that Tada is best guy but her life long obsession with the friend will probably make it where, at least at first, she won't fully let him go.

What I REALLY REALLY don't want to happen is for her to date Banri and then the childhood friend realizes he does love her and then she has to decide. That's an amount of melodrama I really don't wanna have to deal with.

You know they're gonna throw that out there. Its set up perfectly to do so. Ill be surprised if they dont.

Branduil

Nah, you're not the only one.

Yeah, but... I hope we'll be surprised.

Yeah. It is being set-up too much, especially if Mitzuo/what's his face gets to see her sweeter/non obsessive side later on. You don't know what you got till it's gone syndrome. It's been done to death in many tv shows I really hope it won't be done here.

So far I'm being surprised with the show not following anime tropes entirely so who knows maybe they'll surprise me. This same topic was already done in Toradora so hopefully the author doesn't decide to repeat it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Watching
Kyoukai no Kanata

Not watching:
*insert or he Fall anime here*

Reason not watching much anime
Games
Art
GAF

CorvoSol

I think Polar Bear Cafe and Samurai Flamenco are much more DTL than this.

But yes, Agreed everywhere else.

Oh man I hadn't even considered thinking about PBC as BL but now that you say it oh man. Mr. Polar Bear. Panda. Oh man.
Polar Bear x Sasako
Wait what?

I need to look up when Trigun Badlands Rumble was made. I'm loving the fighting, and the main character right now.

I'm not interested in Kill La Kill either, and action/comedy are 2 of my favorite anime genres. While I can't comment on the show itself since I haven't watched it, it just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's because the main character's transformation, and her friend's over wackiness that makes me not want to watch it.

Maybe they should start an "Is it just me or..." thread.

I generally get stressed out when people use this question set up because, at least in other forums, it tends to be used by attention hoarders who know others probably have the same opinion but simply want to be responded to.

I only used it in this case because it seems that no matter where I look in the thread people seem to have it in their 'god tier' list.

I'm not interested in Kill La Kill either, and action/comedy are 2 of my favorite anime genres. While I can't comment on the show itself since I haven't watched it, it just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's because the main character's transformation, and her friend's over wackiness that makes me not want to watch it.
Yeah. Like I said characters like Mako and her family are trying so hard to make me laugh that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom