• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I liked Gurren Lagann, albeit not as much as other people. In retrospect, though, it looks a lot better, especially compared to Kill la Kill.

Gazoinks

I'll take your word for it, but if a show is boring me after 3 episodes I'm not going to watch any more of it unless I have a really good reason.

Honestly, I found the pacing of TTGL pretty inconsistent, it's my main issue with it. That being said, when it's on it's on. The last 8 episodes were amazing.

Trigun Badlands Rumble (Movie)

So first off I should say that I've never seen this show before, and I only know of it because my sister has a lot of the show's DVD's. Also I think it showed on Toonami a long time ago.
I like how the Main character acts goofy but is really strong.
ibla4t2ye2wZaC.png
ibgMtF85OudG0e.jpg
So this wasn't that bad of a movie. I liked the animation, and the gun fighting was surprisingly good. I usually make fun of gun fighting anime because the fighting is boring. This movie proved me wrong, maybe gun fights aren't all that bad after all. Also the main villain looked awesome! I don't know what it is with villain's with huge robotic arms (Z from One Piece comes to mind) that makes them cool and badass, but I like it. I know movie's usually don't give enough breathing room for an antagonist to represent how bad they are, but this guy
robbed a whole city's power supply
, and defeated a ton of bounty hunters. That's good enough for me.
Any scene with a crowd or outside looked glorious
i9jgnGd2oNgZF.png
iuZuTNKckDh0t.png

The main character was likeable, the story for the movie is great, and an interesting ending. The visuals when the scene panned out to show the city, or a huge crowd of people really impressed me. As shown above this movie did a great job dealing with huge scenery. I wish the ending had
a more action packed battle
, but oh well. All the other
fights
in the movie makes up for it.

I'll give it an 8/10
Only because
the last battle
could have been better.

Polar Bear Cafe 19

Second video on Crunchyroll that had odd advertisement placement (because it was during a segment, and not after part a or right before the ending. Anywho

Part A: The Penkos are back! Poor Penguin. Could be worse though. He could've been a King Penguin, which would make him overshadowed by the bigger Emperor Penguins (granted Mr. Penguin seems to get overshadowed as well). Finally, Sasako gets to go somewhere with them... but got on the wrong train. I like her outfit though. Also ft 2 baby penguins rubbing against each other.

Part B: HUMAN joins the cast, on top of good black coffee. And new characters!

Protag

Banned
Been watching Samurai Flamenco, and its solid, i do hope the main character develops skills though, bc the series could fall flat.

Articalys

If people here don't mind I kinda want to make an OT for this show now that people can "legally" watch this.

I think it's worthy of having its own OT.
Go for it; it looks like the first three episodes will go live in about an hour and a half, if you want to time it around then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 4

This show is so good. Seriously, holy shit, surprise of the season. I mean, yeah, there's better shows, but I didn't expect this one to be as good as it is.

Did find it a bit odd that they resolved the cliffhanger from the previous episode so quickly, though. Otherwise, great episode.

Polar Bear Cafe 20

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see what Polar Bear, Penguin, or Sasako's place looks like. But god damn, tortoise is living the LIFE!

And Summer Festival Hijinx. Handa still can't catch a break, but hey, Panda's being a bro at least. Penguin also understands, considering he was in his position
but at least Handa won't worry about 7 Sasakos

I'll take your word for it, but if a show is boring me after 3 episodes I'm not going to watch any more of it unless I have a really good reason.

If you say so. I still don't think you could really understand why it's so popular/beloved after 3 episodes, just like I wouldn't be able to understand why Haibane Renmei is so beloved after 1 episode.

DiGiKerot

Man, I'm in the UK for the London Comic Con and suddenly the Crunchyroll roster doubled. Belgium fucking sucks :(

This is what I felt like when going from the UK (in London for MCM as well, as it happens) to the US for Otakon. I even watched some episodes of iM@S just for the heck of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
YuuSibu 4

So much hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg. Also the glorious return of
Hentai Picard
!

That is all I need to know to drop this show once and for all. he is awful and I hate him.
Seriously, fuck him and his flat out perverted sexual harassment being glorified.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That is all I need to know to drop this show once and for all. he is awful and I hate him.

I basically only like that he's a Trek reference. The actual Hentai part I could honestly do without. It's a bit uncomfortable, though after seeing shit like the creepy grandpa scene in Kotoura-san, I guess I have a high tolerance for stuff like this. Which is a bit unfortunate, now that I think about it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I basically only like that he's a Trek reference. The actual Hentai part I could honestly do without. It's a bit uncomfortable, though after seeing shit like the creepy grandpa scene in Kotoura-san, I guess I have a high tolerance for stuff like this. Which is a bit unfortunate, now that I think about it.

I have high tolerance for a lot of pervy anime stuff, but the shit he pulls legitimately pushes a few buttons of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom