• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised I actually have 72 posts in here (73 now, I guess).

Half of you guys scare me with your near-encyclopedic knowledge of who's who in anime production and your ability to critique shot composition and stuff like that. I honestly just feel stupid most of the time when I post in here, so I don't bother much.

That said, I think it's started to rub off on me. I started catching up on HxH last night, and noticed a pretty awful-looking CGI background in episode 82. This is going to ruin anime for me forever, isn't it?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Half of you guys scare me with your near-encyclopedic knowledge of who's who in anime production and your ability to critique shot composition and stuff like that.
You could always try taking a class on film crit.

Branduil

Or just make up words and pretend you know what you're talking about.

iNLUesOMabJbx.jpg

Despera

Banned
One of the greatest dub scenes of all time:
How_de83dd_1052264.gif
I gotta rewatch Golden Boy one of these days. It's been a long time since I first watched it that I pretty much forgot most of it. Well, except for the main character's voice in the dub'd version :p

Also, a bit lttp but Attack on Titan was pretty awesome.

Kyousogiga is amazing. Great animation, good dialogue, great characters, if only I understood what was happening it would definitely be my anime of the season.

Saint Seiya Omega 76
tumblr_mv5m4leIm51s9mwh8o3_500.jpg
tumblr_mv5m4leIm51s9mwh8o4_500.jpg

Intense episode, phoenix ikki is just plain amazing, and even going into the lave like that to be reborn. We need more characters like these in animated action series.

And new OP! Saint Seiya Omega’s new opening from episode 78, November 3, on has been revealed to be the song "Flashing Strings" by the band Cyntia.

cajunator

Banned

Metrotab

Banned
Half of you guys scare me with your near-encyclopedic knowledge of who's who in anime production and your ability to critique shot composition and stuff like that.

This was very intimidating back when I just lurked, because I felt it would make my posts (which are completely lacking in artistical analysis in any way) non-contributory.

But since participating I feel the tone is more relaxing than I thought it was.

Half of you guys scare me with your near-encyclopedic knowledge of who's who in anime production and your ability to critique shot composition and stuff like that. I honestly just feel stupid most of the time when I post in here, so I don't bother much.

Don't be scared! There's room for all types in here; this certainly isn't some exclusive critic's club.

That said, I think it's started to rub off on me. I started catching up on HxH last night, and noticed a pretty awful-looking CGI background in episode 82. This is going to ruin anime for me forever, isn't it?

Only if you let it. As long as you remember to not let the recognition of flaws spoil your enjoyment of what is good about a work, you'll be fine. It's easy to become obsessed over negatives, especially as they tend to get magnified by the Internet, and speaking from experience the best thing to do when you feel you're doing so is to take a break, work the negative thoughts out of your system, and remember that this is a hobby which after all should be bringing you personal enjoyment.

Hopefully Im on the side of those that are not scary!

Articalys

Whoops, we were all deceived by reports about Yama no Susume. Seems that a second season actually wasn't announced and that even the Japanese blogs mistook a fansite's hopes and wishes for something official... somehow.

I dunno, the whole thing is really unclear right now. The official site/Twitter certainly haven't announced anything yet, at least.

Sorry about that.

cnet128

Banned
So I finally managed to drag myself away from BBCP to catch up on some animes. First up:

NouCome 3

Well, that was a pretty pantsu-tastic episode. What is it with this MC and having opinions I can't agree with, though? This time he proclaims that the greatest type of pantsu is garterbelt pantsu, which is frankly silly. Garterbelts are just tasteless. Clearly the true ultimate type of pantsu is pure white and simple. Maybe a little bit lacy. None of that fancy stuff.

...He could at least have gone for shimapan.

X TV 9

My favorite episode by far. It brought a strong horror atmosphere that the show up to now hasn't quite been able to capture. Lots of incredible surreal, dream-like imagery surrounding Subaru - reflections, bars, smooth yet disorienting shot transitions. Naoki Sato's music was used to its fullest potential. Sorata's scenes provided light comic relief during otherwise non-stop tension. Excellent direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom