• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Kyousougiga 3

Well, this episode made me really like the not-quite-human monk kid guy, who I can't honestly say I really cared about before, so I think it achieved its purpose.

Meanwhile this show clearly has the best Shouko of the season, though Valvrave's isn't far behind. Machine Doll's is in last place, of course, though she does have a fair bit in common with this one, both being genius inventor types and all. That said, I'm more inclined to associate this Shouko with Kokonoe from BlazBlue.

Show continues to mix in old ONA material with new stuff, which is fine by me, because the old ONA shorts definitely bear rewatching. This time, pretty much the whole first half of the episode was new stuff, while the second half was mostly taken up by the good old "Shouko loses her remote control" story from the second ONA short. Fun times.

Articalys

And now we have formal confirmation that NISA has indeed licensed The Eccentric Family for home video release. No comment on the release format yet though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...enses-the-eccentric-family-for-retail-release
xcOoZ7M.jpg

Quasar

Seeing as others have done it, an updated watch list.

Watching
Coppelion
Freezing Vibration
Gingitsune
Golden Time
IS
ValvRave
Little Busters
Monogatari
Nagi no Asukara
Non Non Biyori
Strike the Blood
White Album 2

On the Fence
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Kyoukai no Kanata
Log Horizon
Outbreak Company
Unbreakable Machine Doll
Tokyo Ravens
Walkure Romanze
Yowamushi Pedal
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.

Dropped
Super Seisyun Brothers
Miss Monochrome
Kill la Kill
Meganebu!
Diamond no Ace
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco
Noucome

Never tried
Everything Else

Ranma 1/2 Episodes 3 and 4
BXdopo6CYAEI4eT.png

Wow this anime is really strong and impressive just four episodes in, I have no complaints about it and kind of hope we get even mroe for these 160 something episodes. Glad NeonAlley is airing it as I wouldnt have ever even tried it out before or had even heard of it before it was picked up. OP is catchy and Ranma and Kuno are amazing. Fight more often I hope.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
vvv 13
I only watched the first season a few weeks ago and I already forgot half of what is going on. Otherwise it was still pretty zzz.

Branduil

David Cage makes Okada look like a literary genius.

I certainly don't think Mari Okada would say something this dumb:

Actually, no, because this is what Hitchcock calls a MacGuffin. He said a very interesting rule is that you can only have one MacGuffin in a story. A MacGuffin is something that is not explained. And one is okay -- if you have three, then that story doesn't make any sense. But if you have something where you leave the audience space to, you know, try to understand and make up their own answers for that, that's fine.

wonzo

Banned
David Cage is the Reki Kawahara of video games.
i cant wait for the sao arc where the homeless invisibles fight the ancient angel alien ai bug monster summoning mayans through the power of kung fu floating matrix mocap artifact child stealth sequences and the cops that piece it all together with the help of racist stereotyped chinese librarian and that one jive abusive murdercop that gets the fuck out of dodge about 2/3 of the way through with his crack addicted looking girlfriend

also sex scenes, misogyny, and INDIGO CHILD macguffin

Alright the Kyousogiga OT is up.

Feel free to post your impressions and thoughts.

(Please don't let my thread die too fast ;_;)
Yesss.

And now we have formal confirmation that NISA has indeed licensed The Eccentric Family for home video release. No comment on the release format yet though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...enses-the-eccentric-family-for-retail-release
Yesssss.
- - - -

Great
Kyousougiga
Kill la Kill
Valvrave S2

Good
White Album 2
Yozakura Quartet

Okay
Gundam Build Fighters
Samurai Flamenco
Gingitsune

Flatlining
Galilei Donna

wonzo

Banned
David Cage makes Okada look like a literary genius.
~the experience~

e: actually the best thing about this is the tutorial at the beginning where david cage literally inserted himself into the game and explains why it'll change everything ever

and kung fu helicopters

CorvoSol

i cant wait for the sao arc where the homeless invisibles fight the ancient angel alien ai bug monster summoning mayans through the power of kung fu floating matrix mocap artifact child stealth sequences and the cops that piece it all together with the help of racist stereotyped chinese librarian and that one jive abusive murdercop that gets the fuck out of dodge about 2/3 of the way through with his crack addicted looking girlfriend

also sex scenes, misogyny, and INDIGO CHILD macguffin

Wasn't that the fourth episode?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Excellent:

Strike the Blood
Golden TIme
Kill la Kill

Good:

YuuSibu
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped:

Wrestletits
Super Seisyun Brothers (not due to the show, but due to bad subbing)

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 4

You know, it's a good thing the loli duo are such cool and adorable kids, because if they weren't, there would be nobody in the show even close to competing with Manaka's ridiculous best girl levels. I mean, my god she's amazing.

I'm not surprised the other major female character's main source of angst seems to be a Manaka-induced inferiority complex. To paraphrase Oshino from Nekomonogatari Black, it's got to be hell for her spending every day in the presence of someone so utterly perfect. That would make anyone feel pathetic. (It's probably a testament to how justified she is in feeling overshadowed that I can't even recall her name.)

Anyway, this show continues to be really enjoyable. It's not doing anything particularly new here with its themes of prejudice and overcoming it (with a healthy dose of awkward misunderstandings thrown in for good measure), but it's still really satisfying to watch these characters struggling with one another with such zeal and emotion.

tl;dr DISCRIMINATION IS BAD YOU GAIS.

I feel like half the games I have on my 3DS are anime at the moment. Liberassion Maiden, AA5, Tales of the Abyss, Kid Icarus Uprising, Project X-Zone and Code of Princess to wit.

The funny thing is, Tales of the Abyss actually has an anime. Like, a full-length 26 episode series of the game's entire story.

sonicmj1

Haha, basically Wolf Children was going to be good, and as anime fans we couldn't help but willingly associate ourselves with it.

Over a year later, I still haven't recovered.

Half of you guys scare me with your near-encyclopedic knowledge of who's who in anime production and your ability to critique shot composition and stuff like that. I honestly just feel stupid most of the time when I post in here, so I don't bother much.

I haven't been making crazy posts since I finished Aoi Bungaku, but any high-minded-sounding criticism I write is the result of a one-semester film history course and reading the posts of other people who probably have as little formal "training" as I do. That, and some practice.

Ideally, the whole point of trying to use all that stuff is to explain why you feel the way you do about a given episode or show. None of it should replace your honest opinions; it should complement them. And if you don't need it to get your views across, then you don't need it at all. So don't sweat it too much.

Personally, I'd say that as long as your impressions aren't just a recap of everything that happened in an episode, they're as valuable as anyone else's posts.

Best Shows Ever
Kuroko no Basket 2
Kyousougiga
Samurai Flamenco

High Enjoyable Shows
Kyoukai no Kanata
Strike the Blood
Yuusha ni Narenakatta
Log Horizon
Ace of Diamond
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Yowamushi Pedal
Tokyo Ravens
BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Meh Shows
Outbreak Company

Not Watching Anymore Shows
Diabolik Lovers
Nagi no Asukara
Kill La Kill
Meganebu!
Gingitsune
Noucome
Galilei Donna

cnet128

Banned
Galileidonna 3

I've seen a lot of negative impressions about this episode around here, but I can't say I see the problem myself. This felt like a pretty natural progression of the themes and narrative the show has been presenting so far, and I found it pretty enjoyable. Gotta love the triumphant return of Sky Pirate Kamiya Hiroshi.

AnimeGAF in general seems to be hating on Kazuki, but I thought her reactions in this episode were pretty reasonable. One of the clear themes of this series is how although the sisters are all family and descendants of Galileo, they're all quite different and had all drifted apart from one another before being suddenly thrown into this mess together, so it's going to take some time for them to work out their issues and become a true family who can live up to their Galileo legacy.

Hozuki has clearly always embraced their legacy and is a good girl who cares about her family (not to mention a genius), so she was the quickest to adjust. Hazuki was never really interested in the whole Galileo thing, but she is pretty competent and distinctly stubborn and impulsive, so she's fairly quick to take up the challenge of the quest that's been thrust upon them as well.

That leaves Kazuki as the sole voice of normalcy who appreciates just how crazy and terrifying this whole situation is, and I think that's an important aspect to depict at this stage in the story. She's clearly the most "normal" of the three sisters, and feels way out of her depth suddenly having to leave behind the comforts of her daily life to fight against the whole world in some crazy hunt for a treasure that may or may not exist. I think it's also pretty clear that what's going to win her over in the end is the whole "family" aspect - as the most down-to-earth character she may not care about Galileo or his treasures, but she does care about her sisters deep down.

...And for what it's worth, I also enjoyed the delicious underwear fanservice Kazuki provided in this episode. Mmmmmmmyes. This director certainly knows how to do fanservice right.

Utena 2
BXd9tUQCMAArH3e.png

Animated perfection, why is there such a good character that no one had ever told me about before, and then Saionji too. Only thing thats rotten is Anthy always getting in his way and ruining things but thats to be expected. In any event, I do like the guilty crown-esque thing still going on, makes it fun for the lead characters as I like that kind of concept thing, pulling out swords never gets old.

Music is amazing and I wish I had a printout of the lyrics, why are we singing about geologic time periods and early life forms like that, and then the main theme is extremely catchy, makes me easily forget and overlook the overly lovey lovey mushy stuff in utenas class...

Blue Hair, Red, and Saionji have the best eng voices.

Taruranto

Holy shit, DTL started Utena, how did I miss that!!!

Animated perfection, why is there such a good character that no one had ever told me about before, and then Saionji too. Only thing thats rotten is Anthy always getting in his way and ruining things but thats to be expected. In any event, I do like the guilty crown-esque thing still going on, makes it fun for the lead characters as I like that kind of concept thing, pulling out swords never gets old.

Oh, this will be fun.

X TV 12

This is the place where you know the series is going to go, but you don't want to see it go. Much like several of the characters themselves would like to change the oncoming future, but are unable to. CLAMP's story taps into the theme of fate vs. human agency, predestination vs. free will, a theme which has occupied both philosophers and ordinary men for the span of recorded history. Can we change the future by our actions or is everything preordained by some power over us? I imagine it's taking this theme and wrapping it up in the personal tragedy of Kamui, Fuma, and Kotori that has gained this series its fans. The handling of Fuma's character in particular is troubling to me here, but I'll give some more thought to it.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where the second half of the series goes, now that the buildup is over and things have been blown wide open. It's a good midpoint.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 35

Goddamn Rinno-kun was such a cuntish jackass. Why the hell should anybody vote for you for class president huh? You're the guy who has massive daddy issues and runs away from home as a cry for attention right? Also I have it on good authority that you're a heroin addict. And you're an ass. Maybe you should realize this before you go on to fail at life by pissing off everybody you meet.

President Tamaki Reika is pretty worrying, but better than president shitfuck Rinno-dick.

e: Also did Aiko really say "She hasn't taken a dump in days" in the preview? Awesome. Aiko should be class president.

CorvoSol

Utena 2
BXd9tUQCMAArH3e.png

This is going to be the greatest anime viewing of all time. I really, really, REALLY need for you to watch the movie when you finish the series.

Blue Hair, Red, and Saionji have the best eng voices.

This is the worst anime viewing of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom