• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

WOW
SUCH EAT PERSON
WOW
REEL THREAT
SUCH AOTEAR

Usagi Drop 08

Masako is a kind of interesting character. She's kind pathetic, but sympathetic. She obviously regrets giving up Rin, but she probably wasn't capable of caring for her. She's the opposite of Daikichi: Sacrificing a child for work. I like the timespan of this series, it seems like it's around an episode per month or something?

Daikichi/Yukari OTP.

Yukari is so great. She and Daikichi are probably one of the cutest of anime couples.

Pacific Rim

I have just witnessed the child of action/mech anime and Hollywood cinematography. Too damn good. I don't give a shit if it's not real anime, this movie had so many anime-vibes to it.

Mmmmm loved that movie.

As badly written as most anime, yes.

On the other hand, unlike most mecha anime, the CG Robots didn't look like they'd come out of someone's ass, so there's that.

Inferno Cop 1-7

Anime of the year all years. Even retroactively.

Anime of the Forever.

The Eccentric Family Episodes 3-8
This anime is still breathtaking. It's kept me up at night thinking about how much I enjoy the characters, the animation, the dialogue, the music, the everything. I only have one gripe....it can't seem to make up it's mind on how everyone feels about the death of the father. Am I supposed to take it serious? Be nonchalant about it as some of the characters are? Funny? Sad? I don't know. The show is walking the line pretty damn well, except for the episode where
Yasaburou is entertaining some of the Friday Fellows with Benten. I still have no idea what I think about that episode.

I can't wait to see how the show ends---I've got no clue. But there is no way they are going to top the scene between
Yasaburou, Yaichirou and Yajirou at the well. It pulled at my heartstrings when Yajirou admits he left their father when they were drunk. The combination of the music, scenery, dialogue and acting was perfect

Madoka Magica Movie 3: Rebellion:

Lololololololololololololololololololol

Massive spoilers:
well that was the dumbest fucking heel turn ever

Yeah, so that was a thing.

Gazoinks

The Eccentric Family Episodes 3-8
This anime is still breathtaking. It has actually kept me up each night in bed thinking about how much I enjoy the characters, the animation, the dialogue, the music, the everything. I only have one gripe....the show can't seem to make up it's mind on how everyone feels about the death of the father. Am I supposed to take it serious? Be nonchalant about it as some of the characters are? Funny? Sad? I don't know. The show is walking the line pretty damn well, except for the episode where
Yasaburou is entertaining some of the Friday Fellows with Benten. I still have no idea what I think about that episode.

I can't wait to see how the show ends---I've got no clue. But there is no way they are going to top the scene between
Yasaburou, Yaichirou and Yajirou at the well. It pulled at my heartstrings when Yajirou admits he left their father when they were drunk. The combination of the music, scenery, dialogue and acting was perfect

I've heard only good things about this show. I think I'll start it up when I finish Usagi Drop.

wonzo

Banned
Madoka Magica Movie 3: Rebellion:

Massive spoilers:
well that was the dumbest fucking heel turn ever

Yeah, so that was a thing.
Spoil everything asap.

e: nvm found some spoilers and this sounds dumb as fuck. :gen

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 45

Until Onpu met that one special person, she was merely an actress around normal people. But meeting Doremi changed everything. PAIRING.

But more importantly, it's the end of the Kayako arc. I think I know the best way to describe this episode.

"#rekt"

I think, what this basically stated was that it was the origin of Rinno's dickery. Not at the beginning of the first semester, but because he was relied on a lot by Kayako, so he decided to be strict. Rewind a bit, but I'm rather happy that Seki brought in the students as she was explaining her story, in order for them to understand what caused her to stop going to school. The realization of their actuals, we see a sincere Rinno, but then see how it pained her family as a whole to the point of slapping...

God damn, the weight, from the "unintended" bullying and whatnot, which I get considering my sister was bullied before. The unintended pressure from Ichikawa, which I can't help but feel like that.... she was actually referenced to earlier in the series. I might have to comb back to the earlier seasons or something to check that out.

But the support... that was gross, I mean throw up in our shirts. Gross man. But the conclusion overall... feels like a great way to wrap up this plot line.

Gatchaman Crowds season 2 confirmed

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131026-00000001-mantan-ent

nbjNAyg.jpg

GATCHA!

Ookiku Furikabutte 14

Haha, I rather enjoyed the focus on the cheering squad. And man, this looks like to be a challenge which is pretty interesting.

Branduil

Maybe this is Gen's way of trolling viewers for wanting to see a movie sequel to a story that was already satisfactorily conclusive in its TV run.

Wow. The more time I have to think about Madoka: Rebellion, the more aggravated I get.

END Spoiler:
The last few shots in particular are just kind of fucking stupid too. Oh look, Incubator's on the ground quivering and beaten in Homura's presence. Oh it's a shot of his eye, that's creepy right? Oh and then it's the window imagery again but now it's sealed shut!

HARDY HARDY HAR HAR THIS IS DEEP RIGHT?

duckroll

Maybe this is Gen's way of trolling viewers for wanting to see a movie sequel to a story that was already satisfactorily conclusive in its TV run.

I don't think he needs to specifically troll any of his viewers. He just needs to keep writing. The trolling comes naturally.

Further Madoka Rebellion spoiler rage:

"OH MAN HOMURA, WHAT ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DOOOOO?"

"I GUESS I'M THE DEVIL. HAHAHAHA GET IT CAUSE MADOKA IS A GOD RIGHT?"

"SHE IS ALL MINE THO SO I RESET THE WORLD AGAIN AND EVERYBODY IS ALIVE AND STUFF, BUT OH SHIT MADOKA REMEMBERS KIND OF I GUESS I SHOULD HUG HER AND GIVE HER A RIBBON."

"SUP SAYAKA"

"YO WHY YOU DOIN' THIS BEAT BOX HOMURA?"

"BECAUSE I"M A DEMON YO."

"I'LL NEVER FORGET. EVEN DO YOU TOOKS MAH POWERS. I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY THE DEVIL."

"THAZ COOL. I'M JUST GONNA SIT HERE AND DRINK MY DRINK UNDERNEATH MY UMBRELLA THING."

*FALLS OFF CLIFF HOLDING JEWEL CAUSE Y NOT*

Branduil

"SHE IS ALL MINE THO SO I RESET THE WORLD AGAIN AND EVERYBODY IS ALIVE AND STUFF, BUT OH SHIT MADOKA REMEMBERS KIND OF I GUESS I SHOULD HUG HER AND GIVE HER A RIBBON."

"SUP SAYAKA"

"I'LL NEVER FORGET. EVEN DO YOU TOOKS MAH POWERS. I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY THE DEVIL."

"THAZ COOL. I'M JUST GONNA SIT HERE AND DRINK MY DRINK UNDERNEATH MY UMBRELLA THING."

Hahahaha.

Quasar

My Little Monster OVA - If it wasn't for that wacky end I would have said I preferred this to the actual series. I still might.

How it ends:
Homu asks Madoka which is more important: The state of the world or someone's happiness? Madoka feels that being selfish is wrong. Homu then tells Madoka that they will become enemies one day. Madoka is shocked. END.

The "wat?" scene after ED
There is a part after the ED.
Homu sits on a chair on a cliff?
There is half of a moon above her.
Grass rustles behind her.
Homu gives the impression that she thought Madoka is behind her.
Its QB.
Homu stands up and starts dancing. ???
Her marking at the back of her hand floats up.
QB is destroyed.
Next scene, Homu sitting on a chair falls from the cliff.
Last scene, close up of QB's eyes. They are cloudy.

Jarmel

Banned
I really need to read a full detailed breakdown or summary because in theory it sounds fine. It's not the most original of story ideas but it's also somewhat logical to an extent.

Branduil

Ok, now it's becoming more coherent, but you guys really aren't helping there. I wanna laugh too.

This is what I got from AnimeSuki:
So, at some point, Homura reachs the point of no return and her soul gem is about to be collected by Madoka. QB uses some shady alien tech to stop this, but he inadvertently traps Madokami inside Homura's soul gem in the process.

So, the movie takes place inside a barrier. Homura fights because, in order to break the barrier and free Madoka she needs to create suffering (this is really screwed up).

Homura is about to succeed but she begins to turn into a witch.

Anyway, the other girls + Nagisa fight witch Homura. They defeat her and the barrier finally breaks as Homura planned.

So the world resets, Madoka is restored as God and Homura is about to die. This is the epilogue, and when things begin to turn really really weird:

Madoka appears to purify Homura, but Homura tells her to stop as she reaches out to the soul gem. Homu grabs Madoka's hand, the soul gem blackens, the planet blackens, the universe blackens. Homu crush the soul gem by biting it, creating a new object. QB asks her what she is doing. Homu tells him that this is what he will never understand, love.

Homura now is neither witch nor magical girl.

Sayaka becomes Mermaid Witch (the world has reset, remember). Homura makes the witch disappears with a clap, she states that she is greater than God.

Homura vanishes.

The scene changes:

Madoka is a Japanese returning from USA. The entire story is inversed, Madoka is the transfer student now. Homura (she's god, a dark god) takes Madoka to the infirmary. Madoka feels wrong midway and starts turning into God Madoka. Homu reversed it by hugging her (with her own god powers Homu is suppressing Madoka's god powers). Homu is using her design at the end of the TV series throughout this scene. Homu returns the ribbon to Madoka, says it fits well.

Homu asks Madoka which is more important: The state of the world or someone's happiness? Madoka feels that being selfish is wrong. Homu then tells Madoka that they will become enemies one day. Madoka is shocked. END.

Notes: It seems Homura with bow and wings fighting for Madoka's world was retconned, or happened way before the time this movie takes place. More likely the later. Also, it's no clear if God Homura is collecting soul gems like Madoka was doing before. I think she does in so way but it's a way that would cause some problems at some point.

"SUP SAYAKA"

I'm trying to understand this, but I really don't fucking get it.

This is what I got from AnimeSuki:

You missed the part where
Homura refers to herself as a demon.

Also
QB isn't destroyed. He gets up out of the grass and collapses. His fur is dirty and disheveled, but that's about it. Esp compared to the thousands of QBs that get killed earlier.

duckroll

I really need to read a full detailed breakdown or summary because in theory it sounds fine. It's not the most original of story ideas but it's also somewhat logical to an extent.

Trying to sound smart and informed by analysing second hand information is so stupid though. If you really want to have a good opinion on something, you should just watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom