• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jeff

Details on the D-Frag! anime:

Director: Seiki Sugawara
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu
Animation Production: Brains Base

Cast remains the same as a previously-released drama CD, with Katsuyuki Konishi and Kana Hanazawa in the lead roles along with Jun Fukuyama, Aki Toyosaki, Emiri Kato, Ami Koshimizu, Shizuka Itou, and Chiwa Saito in supporting roles.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-25/d-fragments-tv-anime-staff-cast-unveiled

http://www.d-fragments.net/
Kana Hana, Chiwa, Itou, Kato and Koshimizu? What have I done to deserve this kind of cast. I hope the insanity makes the transition well.

The Hoozuki no Reitetsu anime will begin airing in January. Key visual and staff:
Wit Studio huh? Hopefully they'll have had time to rest up after Titan.

Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai 3

You know,, I thought this was over, didn't expect a new episode but hey, here it is!

And before starting, it progressively got more disappointing, mainly because of the focus and teasing of character like the loli president. They showed lewd images but did nothing with her. on top of usage of showers and whatnot.

This episode.... did nothing to fix it. It was more focused on a character, like the first one, so the "president" loli still did not get any usage. Why is she even there to begin with? Shit. Nevermind it was on the blonde character, who was pretty much the star of the episode.

You could just play the game instead seeing as it's in English? Then you'll get all the president you want.

cnet128

Banned
Oh god all those Madoka spoilers. Disappointed to see that a lot of people seem to think the movie is a joke/mess, but that does not change the fact that I'm now going to have to avoid seeing any spoilers for many months until I get the chance to see it for myself >.>

I already clicked on one by accident >.> Thankfully it was quite vague...

AW HELLS YISS. The one slightly disappointing thing about the show (that its ending didn't feel quite conclusive enough) is now solved. I welcome the return of our lord and mistress Hajime.

...And yeah, no idea where the plot of the second series is going to go. But it will be fun finding out!

Log Horizon 4

Best episode so far, good fight and all. Still the enemy was dull (mage was far better antagonist). Cool down explanation felt unnecessary and I was a bit lost on how their healing was far more faster and effective than Serara's. Seemed way too generous among all the MMORPGs Ive experienced.

cajunator

Banned
This was very intimidating back when I just lurked, because I felt it would make my posts (which are completely lacking in artistical analysis in any way) non-contributory.

But since participating I feel the tone is more relaxing than I thought it was.

I really hope this thread isnt too intimidating. As a heavy contributor (postwise) I try to be as squee and friendly as possible.

X TV 8

I wonder what it is with Japan and the sexy Catholic girl.

Saint Tail isnt a sexy catholic girl but shes really adorable!

And now we have formal confirmation that NISA has indeed licensed The Eccentric Family for home video release. No comment on the release format yet though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...enses-the-eccentric-family-for-retail-release

SWEET
This further proves that Hulu streaming shows show up later as NISA releases.

How often does NISA do BluRay releases?

Quite often actually.

Outbreak Company ep 4
http://i.imgur.com/DX6yD1k.png

At least the show knows who is the best precure to sexulise.

I said wow...

Utena 2
BXd9tUQCMAArH3e.png

Animated perfection, why is there such a good character that no one had ever told me about before, and then Saionji too. Only thing thats rotten is Anthy always getting in his way and ruining things but thats to be expected. In any event, I do like the guilty crown-esque thing still going on, makes it fun for the lead characters as I like that kind of concept thing, pulling out swords never gets old.

Music is amazing and I wish I had a printout of the lyrics, why are we singing about geologic time periods and early life forms like that, and then the main theme is extremely catchy, makes me easily forget and overlook the overly lovey lovey mushy stuff in utenas class...

Blue Hair, Red, and Saionji have the best eng voices.

Oh my DTL is watching Utena dubbed..
*disgonnabegood.gif

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episode 23

Yamato ftw. Good action moments and what not,
I guess I didnt expect it to wrap up that fast. Hoping Dessler wasnt truly defeat just like that as I wanted a true tactical showdown at least. In any event, The dual display of the wave motion cannon from both parties was good. Anyway I hope the citizens have a better view of Yamato after that event and how it saved them.

duckroll

Gunpla Builders - Beginning G (Rewatch)

This was the promo film made years ago which originally featured the theme of kids building gunpla and then doing battle with them with other players. It was directed by Ko Matsuo, and I remember liking it a lot when it was first released. I was actually disappointed that Matsuo wouldn't be able to return to direct the Build Fighters series when it was announced, because he was busy with Valvrave.

In retrospect though, it's not really that fantastic. For a promo film, it's pretty entertaining and has some really nice battle scenes, and lot of mech fanservice, but it really shows that it was created first and foremost as a promotional tool for toy events rather than something with depth.

The dialogue and characters are extremely on the nose with regards to their aim. The main character is a gunpla noob who discovers the "joy of building a model himself", and then he gets introduced to how to "improve the quality of his model" by using filing, painting, etc. And finally he learns how to customize his gunpla with custom parts to make it "more unique" or whatever. It's less of an actual story and more of a propaganda piece for model kits - much like the video the school screens about Tankery in Girls und Panzer. Lol.

The production values are also not as good as I remembered. The character designs are pretty stiff and not very expressive. In comparison, Build Fighters has designs which are really kiddy, but they are much more expressive and alive. Gunpla Builders also uses a lot of low detail shots for mecha scenes, which is pretty weird. It's something which works for human characters, but not something you'll usually do for extended shots of mechanical stuff.

All in all, it's definitely not as good as I remember it, but it remains a very important stepping stone without which Build Fighters would never have been made. But it makes me appreciate how much better Build Fighters is, and how fleshed out it is in terms of characters, worldview, production values, etc to make it a really enjoyable full TV series.

Westlo

More based Iwasaki!

Cast remains the same as a previously-released drama CD, with Katsuyuki Konishi and Kana Hanazawa in the lead roles along with Jun Fukuyama, Aki Toyosaki, Emiri Kato, Ami Koshimizu, Shizuka Itou, and Chiwa Saito in supporting roles.

Takao (Shizuka Itou) for best girl, also the most prominent character after the two mains.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Boy 6 END

This was vaguely meta. I think this one was actually my favorite episode. I liked the way they brought all the girls back to help out.

Overall this was a fun and funny series with a beautiful dub. The ecchi at times was a little bit too much for me, but I could roll with it because I liked the show as a whole. A big help is Kintaro's character. He's a pervert, but he's a good guy and he always leaves before anything actually happens with the girl, so he doesn't come off too skeevy.

Plus this show is just so informative! Study study study study study study study study.

Yeah this episode was pretty awesome how it brought everyone back.
This is one of my favorite OVAs. Partly because of nostalgia, and partly because its so damned funny.

Director: Seiki Sugawara
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu
Animation Production: Brains Base

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-25/d-fragments-tv-anime-staff-cast-unveiled

http://www.d-fragments.net/

I see cute people.

Pacific Rim

I have just witnessed the child of action/mech anime and Hollywood cinematography. Too damn good. I don't give a shit if it's not real anime, this movie had so many anime-vibes to it.

Yes. One of my favorite movies now! It is very anime in feel.

sonicmj1

All in all, it's definitely not as good as I remember it, but it remains a very important stepping stone without which Build Fighters would never have been made. But it makes me appreciate how much better Build Fighters is, and how fleshed out it is in terms of characters, worldview, production values, etc to make it a really enjoyable full TV series.

There are definitely things I like more about the current Build Fighters series, but it won't truly be superior until Beargguy shows up.

Caesnd

The production values are also not as good as I remembered. The character designs are pretty stiff and not very expressive. In comparison, Build Fighters has designs which are really kiddy, but they are much more expressive and alive.

This is definitely something that stood out to me as well with Build Fighters.
The only other Gundam series that comes to mind that does something like that are probably G Gundam and perhaps War in The Pocket, but even those don't go as far with it, as far as I recall.
Things like that on top of good (or at least adequate, in Build Fighters case) character design really help establish a world setting into something more believable with more perceived depth.

The layouts and shot designs for the show have been pretty good as well, which on top of good pacing keeps the progression from ever really becoming dull.

I hope they can keep it up.

Strike the Blood 4
tumblr_mv95mwgSQ81qcsesho1_500.gif

Good action and pretty funny all around even if he is a bit pervy. I wonder if best friend will get in on the action instead of just observing. He has to have some talent I imagine as he is in the OP and ED. Tag teaming with Akatsuki would be good, especially since the Regulas Arm and any other familiars he attains would be compatible in fights with everyone else.

fertygo

I still remember you tried to kill my hype everytime mentioning the TV series :(
Oh well, all is good now!

They need to deliver the customing aspect in the promo though, they have Heavy arms Zaku jebus. so far we only get fixed unit aside Sei's gunpla (CMIIW)

Strike the Blood 4

This show really feels like Index with vampires.

only because both show use whatever setting they want to fullfill whatever purpose they wish ( everything is real in both shows )

The MC having plot armor 300% is just a coincidence.

PS: why was everyone yelling earlier ?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 4:

Ah yes, this show is stepping up and improving by the episode and is ever more becoming my favorites of the season. This episode certainly featured the best combat to date, even if it did suffer from SHONEN EXPOSITION at the end there. You know this thing, where somebody does an attack or attack sequence and then every last detail has to be spell out for five minutes afterwards. Brigandia was your generic every day PK Guild of generic evilness and I am glad they were a short term villain. Well, that is to say the mage was being foreshadowed as the true villain that will give our heroes many a headache. Anyway, I just really love all of the MMO tropes, tactics and terminology that Log Horizon has. You think Sword Art Online would pull out shit like cast times and cool down times unless it was needed for the plot? JUst another reason to send that series down the pit of spikes.

duckroll

I still remember you tried to kill my hype everytime mentioning the TV series :(
Oh well, all is good now!

They need to deliver the customing aspect in the promo though, they have Heavy arms Zaku jebus. so far we only get fixed unit aside Sei's gunpla (CMIIW)

All the "hero" mechs are custom though - Build Strike, Zaku Amazing, Build Mk-2, Wing Fenice, X Maou, Beargguy-III, Sengoku Astray, Qubeley Papillon. What they're doing is pretty smart. They promote custom models which they can sell as brand new model kits tied to the show, and they use the supporting characters to introduce old mechs in vanilla flavors so they can promote the sales of existing model kits.

To be honest, three episodes of Gundam Build Fighters have convinced me to go and buy Gundam Breaker next week for the Vita.

I MUST GET MY DIGITAL GUNPLA ON.

wonzo

Banned
Man, I thought Indigo Prophecy was anime as fuck but Heavy Rain is just… it's just too stupid for that.

it's… beyond anime

Then again, as that ending was a little, eh ambiguous, I'm surprised that there was any more to do! It seems like he had said what he wanted to say about the subject.
Yeah it is pretty weird. I was really only expecting some kinda epilogue OVA at the most but a second season does seem pretty excessive.

Still, more Hajime owns~su.

tumblr_m1iku9HcEz1qf0w0oo1_400.gif

So I just read myself up on some Madoka Rebellion Spoilers. That right there is the state I'm in now. I'm not going to say anything else. I'm just going to leave this here as my two cents, since the spoiler thread is practically dead.

Seriously, what the hell?!?

YES

C: The Battle Anime That Tries to be Edgy 3-5
It's trying to be serious but there is not really a difference between other battle anime other than themes of money. I do like however they try to mix it up by actually making the win condition to try to win by as little as possible and the English by the bureaucrat

Log Horizon 4
This episode confirmed my suspicions that the cat man was the best character

cajunator

Banned
WOW
SUCH EAT PERSON
WOW
REEL THREAT
SUCH AOTEAR

Yukari is so great. She and Daikichi are probably one of the cutest of anime couples.

Mmmmm loved that movie.

On the other hand, unlike most mecha anime, the CG Robots didn't look like they'd come out of someone's ass, so there's that.

Anime of the Forever.

Yes. Everything about Usagi Drop is the sweetest most precious stuff ever.

OMG

What I'm learning now is that almost everyone else here actually cares so little about Madoka Magica (or specifically the movies, at least) that they're willing to completely spoil Rebellion for themselves rather than wait the month to see it in theaters (for U.S. people) or the many months to see it on Blu-ray (for everyone else outside of Japan). And that having a catchall thread for everything anime is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to high-profile spoilers like these.

I dont think thats true. However Madoka Magica is so crazy already that knowing a few spoilers should ruin much.

Wow you actually did it. Nice work.

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 3

This is definitely one of my favourite shows of the season.

I actually don't think this episode was quite as strong as the first two, but it's really fun to see the story moving forward, and this episode's little conflict was rather entertaining.
I have no idea how anyone was fooled for a second by the fake Samurai Flamenco, mind. I mean, surely anyone could tell at a glance that his voice and build were nothing like the real thing in the YouTube footage. Heck, wasn't the voice matching up one of the reasons Masayoshi was suspected in the first place?

Looking forward to seeing the idols get more involved next episode!

Little Busters! Refrain Episode 4

Kyousuke ftw, though he never answered how he always knows everything, still
if he vanishes or something, I dont think I could handle it, they are throwing so many hints, I hope its simply misdirection!

The environment and leaves and tree did look nice at end of episode.

cnet128

Banned
Outbreak Company 4

Truly Shin'ichi's lessons are the greatest teachings this world has ever known.

Also "werewolf" girl is pretty adorable. I can't fault Shin'ichi's blind defence of her in the slightest.

cnet128

Banned
Valvrave 15

Pretty cool episode. Nice to see the Kamitsuki's body-jacking and immortality abilities finally being out to good use; probably my biggest complaint about this series so far has been that it gives its characters these cool abilities and then completely ignores them 99% of the time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's quarter past five in the afternoon so for no other reason its time for an
animenewsupdate.png

While I question my sanity for reading so many pages of gibberish I bring you news that

[post=86686753]Toradora Portable's english patch gets an ETA of October 26th, which is today! It's taken a while because 62,000,000 instances of "Shut up" takes a long time to type out.[/post]

[post=86694010]Save 'N Quit spent 15 hours cleaning and rearranging his entire room just to fit in a new queen size bed. What a drag.[/post]

Lots of people have finally started watching Polar Bear Cafe. Seriously guys, do you purposefully ignore all my recommendation cos I've been mentioning it for ages? This is the kind of thing that could cause me to abandon AnimeGAF for a day.

[post=86709238]KirbYayoi apparently doesn't browse AnimeGAF in the nude like most normal folks.[/post]

[post=86722690]Articalys is worse than me at laser tag. You know where I came when I played with my fellow BritGAFers at a meet? Number one baby. Articalys on the other hand didn't.[/post]

[post=86724955]Looney Tunes was Nichijou all along.[/post]

[post=86749543]Articalys takes his revenge for not winning the laser tag and decides to destroy AnimeGAF's dreams.[/post]

Oh and guess who told me it was a hoax when I quoted the original post and thought it was true? No one. You're all a bunch of meanies.

Wakanim UK is up, which is basically All The Anime in a new guise since they are sharing content.

The future of Japanese fashion is being questioned as it has come to light there are people who will buy [post=86921125]this[/post] and [post=86921611]this[/post].

The 2012 Oriemo game has been ported to iOS. The publishers, being a bunch of crafty folk, pretend the game is free but to actually get what you want from it you have to pay.

[post=86969299]There's going to be a special announcement for Mushishi in late November.[/post]

The Kill Me Baby album is the most sought after CD in the whole of Japan. We haven't seen mass buying for music like this since Elton John released Candle in the Wind in 1997.

[post=86989399]Mr. Jeff tricks everyone bar me into thinking it was Nafe's birthday.[/post]

[post=86998504]Lain drops truthbombs in the thread but everyone is used to them by now.[/post]

[post=87012061]A PV for Hamatora is released but it contains no footage from the show so the whole thing is entirely pointless. (I don't actually know since I haven't watched it. Too many posts to read)[/post]

[post=87025885]Beloved ex member novid is still doing what he does best outside of GAF. This time he is telling us how Aku no Hana is a secret tax scam.[/post]

[post=87046153]NOt really news, but further proof that novid was right and Crunchyroll is run by a bunch of nincompoops[/post]

Then I got to the end of page 125 and realised I had just under 20 more pages to go and gave up.

Narag

Good news about Mushishi and the Oreimo game, BGBW. Thanks for the news as always.

Also shame on Mr. Jeff for turning villain in regard to Nafe's unbirthday.

Defuser

I
[post=86686753]Toradora Portable's english patch gets an ETA of October 26th, which is today! It's taken a while because 62,000,000 instances of "Shut up" takes a long time to type out.[/post]

All that energy should have been put in translating VC3 instead.

cajunator

Banned

This is the best way to watch it. With THE MENU

There are a lot of SyFy monster movies, GHOST HUNTARZZZ shit, and Asylum mockbusters. The bar could not possibly be lower.

e: the only anime in our whole library consists of the first volume of Angel Tales, a couple of random .hack volumes, a Gaiking OVA, and fukken Nuku Nuku of all things :lol It definitely needs more.

So its like my collection a little bit. Except I have all of Angel Tales because squee thats why. Nukunuku is a goddamned classic and youd best respect it son!

do want

do not want.

in agreement.

Strike the Blood 4

This show really feels like Index with vampires.

Well you got my attention.

Man, I thought Indigo Prophecy was anime as fuck but Heavy Rain is just… it's just too stupid for that.

it's… beyond anime

Yeah it is pretty weird. I was really only expecting some kinda epilogue OVA at the most but a second season does seem pretty excessive.

Still, more Hajime owns~su.

More Hajime is good for the world. May her genki spirit live on forever.

Woo! Look at what I got today!

5w1q.jpg

TrueHD 5.1 sound bitches!

I wanna thank yall again for helping me order this. My copy is currently in Chicago at the customs office and will probably resume its trip here on Monday. So fuckin excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom