• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Do you guys ever feel like just stopping watching new stuff or stuff that's new to you and rewatching old favorites? Cuz that's me today. I look at Angel Cop and Dual! and Panda Cafe and I'm like.

"Yeah or I could rewatch FMP, G Gundam and Utena. I mean it's been like 3 months, right? Time to do it again."

Not really. I have so much new shit to watch, and by new I mean old, that if I went back any more than I do, my ass would never catch up.

cajunator

Banned
Quick alert for those across the pond: MVM just licensed Familiar of Zero seasons 1-3 for the UK.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/394172926645121024

This is another strong indicator that Sentai has or will soon have them as well.

They also announced a lot of other stuff that was already licensed in the U.S. (Girls und Panzer, Infinite Stratos S1, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, From the New World, etc.), along with Manga UK picking up a few things like Evangelion 3.0 and Psycho-Pass, so check out this news wrapup for more:

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/MCM_London_Comic_Con_October_2013_anime_licensing_round-up.html

Nice pick ups. Also I guess I might pick up the other seasons of Familiar of Zero if Sentai gets them because Louise is kinda cute sometimes despite being kugiloli.
Its really only Shana that I really fucking hate.

White Album 2 4

Next in our line of shows that have no right to be as good as they are... Shower scenes. Well, I guess you've got to meet your fanservice quotas somehow. Otherwise this was still a pretty good episode. Looks like we've got some vague feelings developing amongst the triangle. Touma's becoming more likable, which is good. What was in the notebook?

Love triangle drama next time? Eeeeh. I do hope this series doesn't go too far into melodrama. I like the more mellow tone, and I like the interaction between the trio.

Love triangle melodrama is bound to happen. We got a glimpse of it in the first episode with the flashforward.

Log Horizon 04

Jesus Fucking Christ, Shiroe and Nyanta are badasses. I think this is the first time we were genuinely able to see why Shiroe is a proper badass. Look at all the planning that went on without talking.

I really do hope that Nyanta stays as a permanent party member, his swashbuckling may not be OP but combined with Shiroe? Say no more say no more.

Also looks like Akatsuki got a bigger crush. While I'm not asking for the show to have hardcore romance, it'd be nice if these two ended up together.

Log Horizon 04

I really do like how we get more information about the MMO and all the classes and such as they first appear in the show. I also really like how they are using aspects of MMOs in general.

Nyanta is also the best character too.

Gazoinks

Love triangle melodrama is bound to happen. We got a glimpse of it in the first episode with the flashforward.

Log Horizon 04

Jesus Fucking Christ, Shiroe and Nyanta are badasses. I think this is the first time we were genuinely able to see why Shiroe is a proper badass. Look at all the planning that went on without talking.

I really do hope that Nyanta stays as a permanent party member, his swashbuckling may not be OP but combined with Shiroe? Say no more say no more.

Also looks like Akatsuki got a bigger crush. While I'm not asking for the show to have hardcore romance, it'd be nice if these two ended up together.

Yeeeah, I know. I can still resist it by force of will. :p

Judging by the ED, it seems likely Shiro and Akatsuki will end up together.

Do you guys ever feel like just stopping watching new stuff or stuff that's new to you and rewatching old favorites? Cuz that's me today. I look at Angel Cop and Dual! and Panda Cafe and I'm like.

"Yeah or I could rewatch FMP, G Gundam and Utena. I mean it's been like 3 months, right? Time to do it again."

Pretty much what I'm doing right now. Been marathoning Zeta Gundam. Its served to remind me how annoying it is that they took out the original Z Toki Wo Koete opening, and replaced it for some Star Trek sounding non-sense in the english version. I mean it sounds okay, but its not the original awesome sauce Z toki.

Conan-san

tumblr_m1iku9HcEz1qf0w0oo1_400.gif

So I just read myself up on some Madoka Rebellion Spoilers. That right there is the state I'm in now. I'm not going to say anything else. I'm just going to leave this here as my two cents, since the spoiler thread is practically dead.

Seriously, what the hell?!?
Yeah, I just looked at them (assuming you mean the wiki's list of spoilers). Well, that's a way to end a series, I guess.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon 04

I really do like how we get more information about the MMO and all the classes and such as they first appear in the show. I also really like how they are using aspects of MMOs in general.

Nyanta is also the best character too.

From the sounds of it, this show is much less insufferable than SAO was.
Way cuter too.

While I do sneak in a re-watch every now and then, KyoAni's recent output is making me want to re-watch their older stuff like FMP more than usual. I'm also interested in seeing if Fumoffu is as funny as I remember it being when I was 14 or whenever I watched originally.

Quick alert for those across the pond: MVM just licensed Familiar of Zero seasons 1-3 for the UK.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/394172926645121024

This is another strong indicator that Sentai has or will soon have them as well.

They also announced a lot of other stuff that was already licensed in the U.S. (Girls und Panzer, Infinite Stratos S1, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, From the New World, etc.), along with Manga UK picking up a few things like Evangelion 3.0 and Psycho-Pass, so check out this news wrapup for more:

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/MCM_London_Comic_Con_October_2013_anime_licensing_round-up.html

Awesome news. If GuP and FTNW get BDs I'm all over both.

From the sounds of it, this show is much less insufferable than SAO was.
Way cuter too.

If you haven't started watching and are interested in rpg's at all, give it a watch. I'm not even a huge MMO fan, basically dislike them, but as a gamer? I'm absolutely loving this. The animation is subpar to be honest, but everything else is fantastic. Akatsuki is the 'cute' character of the anime you may go for, and I like that she's not tsundere.

SAO was basically an action romance melodrama that happens to take place in a fantasy world that happens to be an MMO. The only time they really mention rpg stuff is, and I don't think im exaggerating here, when they want to show just how OP Kirito is and how he is the strongest motherfucker around. Shiroe, this show's protagonist, has shown his strength so far entirely by using his brain which I love.

cajunator

Banned
If you haven't started watching and are interested in rpg's at all, give it a watch. I'm not even a huge MMO fan, basically dislike them, but as a gamer? I'm absolutely loving this. The animation is subpar to be honest, but everything else is fantastic. Akatsuki is the 'cute' character of the anime you may go for, and I like that she's not tsundere.

SAO was basically an action romance melodrama that happens to take place in a fantasy world that happens to be an MMO. The only time they really mention rpg stuff is, and I don't think im exaggerating here, when they want to show just how OP Kirito is and how he is the strongest motherfucker around. Shiroe, this show's protagonist, has shown his strength so far entirely by using his brain which I love.

I know how squee Akatsuki is already. BUt yeah it looks less ridiculous and like a self insertion fantasy and more like an actual good story. Or at least a fun one.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 29 – There is Only One Answer
tumblr_mvajkck8Qw1r1xo14o1_500.gif

Aomine is not only skilled on court but also off the court to pull of daring moves like that, impressive. Wonder when his game comes since were on Midorima now. Alright start, but just reminded me why he and Murasakibara are my least two favorite of the GoM. Oh well, at least I have Takao there who is good and has best jokes, and shared a moment with Kuroko. Expecting a fast match though too hard to guess the outcome.

Rules are unclear, could either lose and still defeat another team to still gain entry to the winter cup?

mhs004

Me watching Fist of the North Star has taught me I don't have as much time as I used to have. I watched all of Toriko, One Piece, and Naruto within a year but it takes me 3 months to watch 50 episodes of North Star.

Me watching Fist of the North Star has taught me I don't have as much time as I used to have. I watched all of Toriko, One Piece, and Naruto within a year but it takes me 3 months to watch 50 episodes of North Star.

Thats reminds me of me watching ~100 episodes of Cardfight vanguard relatively fast but I can barely stay on track to watch Gintama, think Ive only got through 30 episodes in multiple months :(

mhs004

Thats reminds me of me watching ~100 episodes of Cardfight vanguard relatively fast but I can barely stay on track to watch Gintama, think Ive only got through 30 episodes in multiple months :(

I also finished Gintama less than half a year as well. Once you get to the multiple arcs it goes by faster. I remember it took me a while to watch the episodic parts.

Tweeny Witches

Longer than I was hoping for...

Well I hesitate to use Ojamajo Doremi as an example here, because I'm more willing to take breaks...

But I think Precure was like a display that I didn't have as much time as I use to, considering I blasted through Dub Piece at a faster rate than I did with like half of the series.... granted, a lot of that was based on bandwidth.

cajunator

Banned
Longer than I was hoping for...

Well I hesitate to use Ojamajo Doremi as an example here, because I'm more willing to take breaks...

But I think Precure was like a display that I didn't have as much time as I use to, considering I blasted through Dub Piece at a faster rate than I did with like half of the series.... granted, a lot of that was based on bandwidth.

Tweeny witches is too long? Its like 12 or 13 eps.

Mr.Jeff

it cant be worse than Saya no Uta
From what little I've played of Saya no Uta*, it doesn't really have that kind of vibe. It's more that the person Zach's focused on has certain....tastes shall we say.

*I regret trying to play this at midnight with no lights on.

CorvoSol

I'm actually more guilty of going back to those old (and still airing ) shows to rewatch my favorite parts ad nauseam. Rewatched the ending of G Gundam a couple times yesterday, Jojo vs Wham, the Build Fighters OP a thousand times, etc.

The ending to G Gundam is so awesome. I love that show so much.

I do this all the time. I watch/rewatch older favorites on disc way more often due to being able to marathon and bring it over to friends houses to watch it with them. I was rewatching Tari Tari and AKB0048 for example, as well as just restarted Kokoro Connect. Just finished up Tsuritama again too. probably one of my recent favorites. This is why my backlog just keeps growing.

See what I'm thinking is I will finish all these shows I'm watching now, finally earn my Mecha Stripes by watching Mazinger/Getter/Macross, and THEN treat myself by just mainlining my all-time favorites. Also I should just add that I'm grateful to those who peer pressured me into watching Utena, 'cuz that show is an all-time fave now.

Well I did rewatch Nichijou a while back when I was having tech problems. And I kinda rewatched a bit of Kiniro Mosaic as well.

I've never even watched Nichijou, haha.

I'm one of those people that finishes something and moves on to the next thing, although there are some shows i want to re-watch eventually (I'm looking at you, Toradora!).

I need to be like this, but my old favorites are like coming home.

I do rewatches all the time, usually on a yearly basis but also if I need a pick-me-up from life things.

I wish I could limit it to a yearly basis, haha. It's kinda like how I find myself replaying FF6/CT/EB every two years or so.

Not really. I have so much new shit to watch, and by new I mean old, that if I went back any more than I do, my ass would never catch up.

This is my actual situation. I need to watch like, five million recommended Mecha shows and also people keep telling me to see movies and we all know how I drag my feet on that.

Pretty much what I'm doing right now. Been marathoning Zeta Gundam. Its served to remind me how annoying it is that they took out the original Z Toki Wo Koete opening, and replaced it for some Star Trek sounding non-sense in the english version. I mean it sounds okay, but its not the original awesome sauce Z toki.

I actually really liked that music in the English dub. It made me think of Mario Galaxy. I need to see the Japanese version of Zeta, to find out if it improves my feelings of the show at all, 'cuz the English dub left a bad aftertaste.

While I do sneak in a re-watch every now and then, KyoAni's recent output is making me want to re-watch their older stuff like FMP more than usual. I'm also interested in seeing if Fumoffu is as funny as I remember it being when I was 14 or whenever I watched originally.

They definitely are. Fumoffu is an integral part of the experience for me. I have a hard time imagining FMP without it.

It is. Rugby, hot springs, and the virus episodes are all masterpieces.

Oh man those three episodes are the best. Although I confess I have a HUGE soft spot for the haunted house episode and the pony episode.

From what little I've played of Saya no Uta*, it doesn't really have that kind of vibe. It's more that the person Zach's focused on has certain....tastes shall we say.

*I regret trying to play this at midnight with no lights on.

I'll probably look at CG before I even play it since I share a room, but this really is making me all the more curious.

CorvoSol

Because Jarmel asked, my 3DS Friend Code is the Following:

3007-8307-7332

I have Pokemon X, Theatrhythm, MK7 and so on, so himme up if y'all want. Anyway that is my friend code.

Log horizon - 04

Shiroe
was magnificient when he was messing demikas name on purpose to anger him

Nya - san is a superb character as expected.

Can't wait to see more ..

Supposition : given by what was shown in the preview , i think that the secret is
how to make food that taste edible.

There needs to be a new Galaxy Angel anime, is Broccoli dead or something?

Unfortunatly , broccoli doesn't make galaxy angel games anymore , so no anime will be made, unless they decide to remake the old ones ( that would be cool because they are genuilly fun )

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 4

They really are not holding back on the Crownless Generals.
They even go as far to foreshadow you on the last 3.

When you get to see the story of Kiyoshi and Makoto the fireworks are going to go off.

Good to see they are not holding back on the pacing of the story. I really didn't think we would get to see the beginning of the Shutoku match. Also like we get more animation for this game than the other.

cajunator

Banned

Fuck yeah. BEST GIRL.

Log horizon - 04

Shiroe
was magnificient when he was messing demikas name on purpose to anger him

Nya - san is a superb character as expected.

Can't wait to see more ..

Supposition : given by what was shown in the preview , i think that the secret is
how to make food that taste edible.

Unfortunatly , broccoli doesn't make galaxy angel games anymore , so no anime will be made, unless they decide to remake the old ones ( that would be cool because they are genuilly fun )

What kind of games were they? I remember they made alot.

LordCanti

Shinobu Tiemu 01

This was my thought process during the episode:

"Well,
Gahara-Sama
isn't going to be pleased about that, but I guess she'd underst-

i1V7jMDZXFjao.gif

Araragi
gonna get murdered."

LayLa

Visiting relatives in Scotland for the first time in years and of course I caught the flu while travelling
So I've spent the last couple of days shivering in bed rewatching anime in my brothers iPad, hooray for streaming services

Durarara 1-12

This was as good as I remember, and I get a lot more of the references that the otaku couple make now, spotted some Sora no Woto posters in the background at one point. Really want to watch Baccano now.

Working S2 1-6

I love the way this show animates faces (granted they don't really need to animate much else)

Also finally got round to reading Kizumonogatari, your move lazyShaft-kun.
Oh and I signed up for the free month of Netflix and the anime selection is laughable in the UK, about 7 films, most of which are GiTS or Afro Samurai.

I actually really liked that music in the English dub. It made me think of Mario Galaxy. I need to see the Japanese version of Zeta, to find out if it improves my feelings of the show at all, 'cuz the English dub left a bad aftertaste.

It's much better in Japanese. They went with a different voice over company rather than the ocean group for english dub Zeta and they did a horrible job.

Amuro Ray = Braid Swaile, Char = Michael Kopsa no exceptions.

White Album 2 04

So uh it seems that best girl might be winning if it keeps going in this direction. I also am surprised that idol song had as much guitar as it had. I'm looking forward to the protagonist being able to play that. And yeah last scene made it seem like there might be a bit of drama later on.

Again I'm really liking how confident the protagonist is. When the girl was fixing his hair he didn't spaz out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom