• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I actually really liked that music in the English dub. It made me think of Mario Galaxy. I need to see the Japanese version of Zeta, to find out if it improves my feelings of the show at all, 'cuz the English dub left a bad aftertaste.

Im listening to Mario Galaxy OST at this exact moment!

You gotta link to some of this music? Idl ike to hear it!

Gazoinks

White Album 2 04

So uh it seems that best girl might be winning if it keeps going in this direction. I also am surprised that idol song had as much guitar as it had. I'm looking forward to the protagonist being able to play that. And yeah last scene made it seem like there might be a bit of drama later on.

Again I'm really liking how confident the protagonist is. When the girl was fixing his hair he didn't spaz out.

I guess it's a good sign when I can't decide which of the girls I like more. I was surprised how much this episode was pushing Tomou though.

It is. Rugby, hot springs, and the virus episodes are all masterpieces.

They definitely are. Fumoffu is an integral part of the experience for me. I have a hard time imagining FMP without it.

Oh good. I'll start it up now I can watch without fear of disenchantment.

The Pony episode was fantastic.

"Pony"
"Fumoffu"
"Pony Pony"
"Fumoffu fumoffu"

Not wild about the haunted house though. "Hostility Passing-By" with the gym coach losing his fucking mind was amazing.

That scene stuck in my mind because a friend I used to play MMOs with always used "Fumoffu" as his character name and people would regularly shout "pony pony" at him when passing by. It never really got old either.

Log Horizon 4

Great episode. Combat was enjoyable and the explanations were quick and easy to understand.
Shirou miscalling Demikas's name on purpose was hilarious yet I was a bit disappointed on Serara's lack of presence on the fight. What I mean was that I had this feeling Shirou's enchanter class had an ability to 'stack' an ally's spellcasts then with enough stacks would deal tons of damage. Goes to show I play video games too much, oh well still a great episode nonetheless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
chihayafuru 2 ova
fknPWJ7.jpg
Chihayafuru's one dimensional characters sit in an empty room, flexing off their single trait a few times as they spend twenty minutes of this OVA's run time deciding whether or not they want to do a play. The last twenty seconds are the play itself, a flat and crudely drawn punchline.

I guess it's a good sign when I can't decide which of the girls I like more. I was surprised how much this episode was pushing Tomou though.

I think Tomou is best girl so I don't mind. There are plenty of shows where the character is interested on the sweet girl. Also plenty where he ends up with a tsundere.

Shows where he ends up with the serious yet playful and confident 'big sister type' are very few. Plus she has a cute side, like with the restroom scene. Plus she only gets this playful with the protagonist and is very bold.

Lupin III VS Detective Conan (Movie)

I saw this movie while randomly scrolling Youtube for Lupin, so I watched it. Not that bad of a movie, I haven't seen Detective Conan or Lupin in a long time. So it was quite the refresher to remember what they're both like. I thought the movie focused a little too much on Conan, but overall it was enough Lupin screen time to satisfy me.

It was like a normal episode of Conan but with Lupin in the mix, so I don't have much to say about the movie. I enjoyed it!

I swear I'll never be able to tell when it's Lupin in disguise or the real person. He's good.

What kind of games were they? I remember they made alot.

Visual novels mixed with tactical space stuff.

Games were divided into 2 types of gameplay ..

-the classic visual novel stuff ( you have free time on the vessel and you can choose many place to go , sometimes there is a girl there and you can talk to her ( or them ) , by doing so you can raise affection and trust .There are also mandatory events that are dictated by the story. At the 2/3 of each game there is a big event were you have to choose 1 girl across all 5 or 6 and then the last 3rd of the game is kinda different( various changes ) ending with a final battle unique within each route.

- The space battle stuff.
Each girl has a ship , specially in something , ( mint is long range barrage attack , forte is precise attacks ( mid- range ) ranpha is close attacks , milfeuille is critical attacks and the list goes on .. during space gameplay , you have a 3D map were your ship move on all dimensions , you're playing as the commander of the fleet and giving them orders . Your goal depeds on teh story , but it can range from a classical "take out all ennemies" from a "defend a civilian ship" , get past a certain point , the game objectives are somewhat varied . It plays like HOMEWORLD the game but simplied.

Each ship behind focused on something has a hp jauge, and fuel jauge and a special jauge
*Hp being reduced to zero will force the ship to fall back ( and the girl will lost trust in you the commander , sometimes it's game over )

*Fuel is important because without it , the ship cannot attack , so you make them fall back to either your ship ( that is also on the field ) or a ressuplying ship . you have to think about ressuplying because otherwise you could halt the flow of your attack and your ennemy could exploit that to do more damage. The girls ressuply when it's low , so it's in your best interest to tell them to ressuply when you have the chance to .

*Special is an unique attack for one ship available when your ship as done well during a battle or if your trust relationship is good with the girl

At any point during space gameplay , you can pause the game and give orders or you can play without pausing the timer, everything in real time.

All missions have a timer , meaning game over if you can't do the objective in time.

You can see a bit of gameplay here ( quick youtube link ) Guy play correctly but does make some mistakes IMO.

As you can see the girl talk a LOT during the missions ( the talk is different regarding if they trust you or not or regarding if a story even has occurred )

All 4 galaxy angel games are sequels , and aside from the last , you have the option of continuing your relationship with each girl across all games :)

Gazoinks

I think Tomou is best girl so I don't mind. There are plenty of shows where the character is interested on the sweet girl. Also plenty where he ends up with a tsundere.

Shows where he ends up with the serious yet playful and confident 'big sister type' are very few. Plus she has a cute side, like with the restroom scene. Plus she only gets this playful with the protagonist and is very bold.

Yeah, I liked Setsuna more from the get-go, but Tomou's growing on me, which is definitely by design. It would be a nice shake-up too, since they're both relatively bold people. Not too much dancing around things I hope?

Harem ending gogo

Log Horizon 4

Great episode. Combat was enjoyable and the explanations were quick and easy to understand.
Shirou miscalling Demikas's name on purpose was hilarious yet I was a bit disappointed on Serara's lack of presence on the fight. What I mean was that I had this feeling Shirou's enchanter class had an ability to 'stack' an ally's spellcasts then with enough stacks would deal tons of damage. Goes to show I play video games too much, oh well still a great episode nonetheless.

Yeah I was hoping that when he
kept telling her to cast healing spells that there was a plan behind all of this but it ended up being just to give her confidence. Which is fine too but I was hoping for some cool rpg mechanics

Because Jarmel asked, my 3DS Friend Code is the Following:

3007-8307-7332

I have Pokemon X, Theatrhythm, MK7 and so on, so himme up if y'all want. Anyway that is my friend code.

0473 7773 4219

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 4

Talk about similarities. Kinda makes you want Aoki to win though. And then there's the fact that the audience kinda makes it feel like he's a Comedy Boxer (which is true).

Joe Molotov

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 03 - 07

OMG, this show is so precious. ^_^

The "bads" in this series are bunch of Greenpeace hippie ecoterrorists that are trying to get rid of pollution and trash and turn the Earth back into a more primal state. This is because they're animal aliens (or Anamalians if you wish) who are awesome alien/human hybrids that just wanna live in the jungle and stuff. They're basically like vampires too in that if they bite you, it causes your DNA to get re-written and you turn into anamalian as well. Which really doesn't seem all that bad, you just become a human who can also transform into an animal. Pretty badass, in fact.

So to accomplish their villainous(?) scheme, the evil boss lady sends out her super-bishie henchmen on a "Seduce and Destroy" mission to woo and then bite as many women as they can. However, they don't do a very good job, mainly because of them being dumber than fuck.

Basically this is the greatest show ever.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun OVA

Hah, that was an amazing OVA. Combines the nice romance of the series and its characters and also has some pretty funny wacky moments as well.

I'll miss this show (and the manga!)

cajunator

Banned
Visual novels mixed with tactical space stuff.

Games were divided into 2 types of gameplay ..

-the classic visual novel stuff ( you have free time on the vessel and you can choose many place to go , sometimes there is a girl there and you can talk to her ( or them ) , by doing so you can raise affection and trust .There are also mandatory events that are dictated by the story. At the 2/3 of each game there is a big event were you have to choose 1 girl across all 5 or 6 and then the last 3rd of the game is kinda different( various changes ) ending with a final battle unique within each route.

- The space battle stuff.
Each girl has a ship , specially in something , ( mint is long range barrage attack , forte is precise attacks ( mid- range ) ranpha is close attacks , milfeuille is critical attacks and the list goes on .. during space gameplay , you have a 3D map were your ship move on all dimensions , you're playing as the commander of the fleet and giving them orders . Your goal depeds on teh story , but it can range from a classical "take out all ennemies" from a "defend a civilian ship" , get past a certain point , the game objectives are somewhat varied . It plays like HOMEWORLD the game but simplied.

Each ship behind focused on something has a hp jauge, and fuel jauge and a special jauge
*Hp being reduced to zero will force the ship to fall back ( and the girl will lost trust in you the commander , sometimes it's game over )

*Fuel is important because without it , the ship cannot attack , so you make them fall back to either your ship ( that is also on the field ) or a ressuplying ship . you have to think about ressuplying because otherwise you could halt the flow of your attack and your ennemy could exploit that to do more damage. The girls ressuply when it's low , so it's in your best interest to tell them to ressuply when you have the chance to .

*Special is an unique attack for one ship available when your ship as done well during a battle or if your trust relationship is good with the girl

At any point during space gameplay , you can pause the game and give orders or you can play without pausing the timer, everything in real time.

All missions have a timer , meaning game over if you can't do the objective in time.

You can see a bit of gameplay here ( quick youtube link ) Guy play correctly but does make some mistakes IMO.

As you can see the girl talk a LOT during the missions ( the talk is different regarding if they trust you or not or regarding if a story even has occurred )

All 4 galaxy angel games are sequels , and aside from the last , you have the option of continuing your relationship with each girl across all games :)

Nice. thanks for the info. doesnt really sound like a game Id play. I do have all the anime series except for rune because its awful.

Nice. thanks for the info. doesnt really sound like a game Id play. I do have all the anime series except for rune because its awful.

Those are pretty good games , especially mint route were your protagonist realise that she love stuffed animals & sweets and all the trouble with her familly that doesn't accept her being in the angel team ... it's a SWEET route that i think you would enjoy.

-----------
Strike the blood - 04

This was a nice episode .. the common point with index are quite obvious ( artificial city , lots of magic stuff , main heroine being a product of a magical association , 2nd main heroine being good at computer ( also tsundere ) and i could go on and on.

The episode in itself was good, predictable for a first arc and it wasn't badly done so it's alright.

cajunator

Banned
Those are pretty good games , especially mint route were your protagonist realise that she love stuffed animals & sweets and all the trouble with her familly that doesn't accept her being in the angel team ... it's a SWEET route that i think you would enjoy.

-----------
Strike the blood - 04

This was a nice episode .. the common point with index are quite obvious ( artificial city , lots of magic stuff , main heroine being a product of a magical association , 2nd main heroine being good at computer ( also tsundere ) and i could go on and on.

The episode in itself was good, predictable for a first arc and it wasn't badly done so it's alright.

Thanks. Sounds like a possibly fun and squee time. Probably hard as hell to find those games though.

If you like that you'd probably like the whole Zeta soundtrack. The whole thing is really good, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5JXl8QKzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3yY8EncET0

And my favorite in particular, theme of Axis (Neo Zeon):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYQTFLTKxg

Good stuff. I dontl ike Gundam much but I LOVE the music sometimes.

CorvoSol

The Pony episode was fantastic.

"Pony"
"Fumoffu"
"Pony Pony"
"Fumoffu fumoffu"

Not wild about the haunted house though. "Hostility Passing-By" with the gym coach losing his fucking mind was amazing.

I confess that the reason I'm a fan of the haunted house episode has nothing to do with the episode and everything to do with Sousuke and Chidori's ride home.
Something about being out late on a bike is already kinda romantic, then there's the whole part where tough guy Sousuke admits that the one thing that frightens him is the thought of her getting hurt. It's a good set up for everything that happens from TSR on.

It's much better in Japanese. They went with a different voice over company rather than the ocean group for english dub Zeta and they did a horrible job.

Amuro Ray = Braid Swaile, Char = Michael Kopsa no exceptions.

Yeah I will probably rewatch MSG-Unicorn while I watch the other members of the classical mecha pantheon. I'll definitely go with Japanese this time around, even though the English dub of MSG is fine.

Im listening to Mario Galaxy OST at this exact moment!

You gotta link to some of this music? Idl ike to hear it!

Others have already posted it, but I kinda prefer the English opening.

Oh good. I'll start it up now I can watch without fear of disenchantment.

That scene stuck in my mind because a friend I used to play MMOs with always used "Fumoffu" as his character name and people would regularly shout "pony pony" at him when passing by. It never really got old either.

FMP is my favorite anime series ever, so I am not exactly unbiased here.

0473 7773 4219

What does Bowser Communism even MEAN?

By the way, it was a complete and utter privelege listening to that Gundam music just now. My god what an enjoyable piece.

The English one? Cuz yeah that one is nice I think.

Thanks. Sounds like a possibly fun and squee time. Probably hard as hell to find those games though.
If you want a legal copy of the game , you'll have to cough +150$ for the pc version and a little less for the ps2 version.( it's a lot given how OLD those games are ) i'm fortunate since i have a copy ( bought when it was released at the time for way less )

Given how hard it is to find them , everyone playing was forced to "cheat" if you understand what i mean.

cajunator

Banned
I confess that the reason I'm a fan of the haunted house episode has nothing to do with the episode and everything to do with Sousuke and Chidori's ride home.
Something about being out late on a bike is already kinda romantic, then there's the whole part where tough guy Sousuke admits that the one thing that frightens him is the thought of her getting hurt. It's a good set up for everything that happens from TSR on.

Yeah I will probably rewatch MSG-Unicorn while I watch the other members of the classical mecha pantheon. I'll definitely go with Japanese this time around, even though the English dub of MSG is fine.

Others have already posted it, but I kinda prefer the English opening.

FMP is my favorite anime series ever, so I am not exactly unbiased here.

What does Bowser Communism even MEAN?

The English one? Cuz yeah that one is nice I think.

I was referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GELJElIllh8&list=FLNFUrSlf5rFlnSpbz9jbzpg&index=1

Absolute audio joy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
log horizon 04
pretty lame episode, largely due to the fact that it was tied to a single floundering action scene. direction and art were noticeably worse than usual for the series, and frankly it is rather boring to have the main cast be what are essentially super elite unbeatable super heroes. in a world already struggling to find an identity, it loses a lot of its bite when nothing is particularly threatening.

also, your game would have to be super poorly designed to allow a root spell with a 15 second cooldown to last a full fifteen seconds. logically you could just root lock anything at that point and just walk away. even though there are more in depth game elements to the show the story resorts to misconstruing how things work in order to sensationalize key moments in the action.

also also, the cat is dumb.

cajunator

Banned
log horizon 04
pretty lame episode, largely due to the fact that it was tied to a single floundering action scene. direction and art were noticeably worse than usual for the series, and frankly it is rather boring to have the main cast be what are essentially super elite unbeatable super heroes. in a world already struggling to find an identity, it loses a lot of its bite when nothing is particularly threatening.

also, your game would have to be super poorly designed to allow a root spell with a 15 second cooldown to last a full fifteen seconds. logically you could just root lock anything at that point and just walk away. even though there are more in depth game elements to the show the story resorts to misconstruing how things work in order to sensationalize key moments in the action.

also also, the cat is dumb.

This kind of phrasing is the stuff that intimidates me with MMOs. I have no idea wtf any of it means.

jediyoshi

Sora no Woto 7

Cute girls doing cute..

ElRiiP2.png

Welp. Glad I've been saving this for a rainy day. Was expecting an episode exactly like this way earlier, but I guess it makes sense to push it up so it didn't set weird expectations. So many feels, especially those last scenes. And jesus, the quality of the CG is bananas.

4nUeRcH.png

Sora no Woto 7.5

VuscpU0.png

Aw yiss. It's weird, I saw the twist as it was happening, but never connected it with the events of the episode as they were actually playing out.

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto 7

Cute girls doing cute..

ElRiiP2.png

Welp. Glad I've been saving this for a rainy day. Was expecting an episode exactly like this way earlier, but I guess it makes sense to push it up so it didn't set weird expectations. So many feels, especially those last scenes. And jesus, the quality of the CG is bananas.

4nUeRcH.png

Sora no Woto 7.5

VuscpU0.png

Aw yiss. It's weird, I saw the twist as it was happening, but never connected it with the events of the episode as they were actually playing out.

Is Noel the best or is she the best?

Vecks

Log Horizon 4

A seemingly short episode, mostly because it's whole focus came down to a pvp battle. Maybe it's because I like PvE better in general, but I preferred more of the adventure/boss hunting stuff in episode 3. The pacing of this episode felt really weird. By the end of it, I could hardly believe that Akatsuki had such little screen time.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon 4

A seemingly short episode, mostly because it's whole focus came down to a pvp battle. Maybe it's because I like PvE better in general, but I preferred more of the adventure/boss hunting stuff in episode 3. The pacing of this episode felt really weird. By the end of it, I could hardly believe that Akatsuki had such little screen time.

Absence of Akatsuki seems fine as long as Serara is involved.

jman2050

Monogatari S2 17 (Oni 1)

See this is why Ararararararagi-san is the best harem MC. Dude knows how to keep dem bitches in line!

Yotsugi is kind of turning out like Mayoi where she gets better every time she shows up. Seems like she might play a bit more prominently in the future, which I wasn't expecting after Nise.

Also everything about the after-credits scene was amazing.

White Album 2 04

Show continues to have really good music, including a great ending theme.

Fan service felt out of place, but it wasn't over the top or anything.

I was starting to get a bit worried about Kitahara becoming the usual bumbling idiot on the train, but he stays solid.

Sort of saw the ending coming, but still a good set up.

I'm also leaning towards Touma now. Maybe I'm just a sucker for tsundere...

:/

More pls

log horizon 04a root spell with a 15 second cooldown to last a full fifteen seconds.

so it's like doto?

Yusibu 4

Great to see the old man make his triumphant return.

Elza, Lam, and Fino had some very nice interaction in this episode. Almost wished Fino decided to stay since those two are actually quite good at mentoring her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom