• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I dunno. Like it's been pretty classy so far then suddenly 2 random shower scenes in one episode.
I'm half joking. I guess the VN isn't very heavy on sexual content anyways, and the episodes of the show I've watched so far were pretty restrained.

CorvoSol

It was a reference to a NSMBWii LP. Forgot which group, it was either Freelance Astronauts or the Runaway Guys. Probably the former.

Fun fact, Nintendo was more okay with Bowser Communism than Kill la Kill.

Bowser Communism seems like such an odd idea. Dude's a tyrant through and through. Though I could see Mario's son wearing a shirt that said "Bowser was right" in teenage years.

Zeta's score was one of its strongest points. Really, I see why people prefer it to the other two shows in the trilogy, even if I feel its weaknesses prevented it from being the best of the three.

I pretty much treasure the entire 0079/Z/ZZ OST pantheon.

Silent Voice is my JAM.

Mr.Jeff

Its still pretty complicated sounding.
Maybe the tiny bit of SAO I could have enjoyed if I knew what all this terminology meant.
Basically he's saying that if there's a spell which allows you to immoblise an enemy for 15 seconds which you can coincidentally only use every 15 seconds is a bit overpowered since you can either run away from anything with no problems or you can keep the enemy immoblised near enough constantly and attack it from a safe distance.

cajunator

Banned
Basically he's saying that if there's a spell which allows you to immoblise an enemy for 15 seconds which you can coincidentally only use every 15 seconds is a bit overpowered since you can either run away from anything with no problems or you can keep the enemy immoblised near enough constantly and attack it from a safe distance.

Ah I see. that does seem like it would break the shit out of a game.

jediyoshi

Is Noel the best or is she the best?

pJsZOMB.gif

10/10

all else: 9.99/10

/XX/

Surely it must be normal imagining those involved on this project as having fun managing specially limited animation on this way. There's no time to relax even on "filler"!

We always assumed that Inferno Cop was being made as it was due to having the budget of a cup of ramen. But I think this episode raises an important question.

What if Inferno Cop was made the way it was because that's exactly how they wanted to make it?
It always seemed like a clearly intentional choice to me?
Exactly, on purpose like Mr. Ōtsuka said. A refresher for newly independent creators on such supposed humble beginnings. Being back-to-the-basics should be a valuable lesson always.

Ah, I might have to look into this and the manga myself. The first part that the movie introduces I thought was interesting enough. Reading zeroshiki's comments about Gothicmade and it sounded like it had a similar story or themes to it as that of Five Star Stories as well.
Yeah, both are the same even. Be GOTHICMADE a prequel, parallel universe or whatever else is being said about it (because of references like the typical 'Knight Master' wing symbols seen, or specially suspicious after the 'mech' re-designs on FSS since the end of the hiatus), what is clear is that the modified but same in essence terminology and themes on it hints at Mr. Nagano unifying his message.

O.K., O.K., I understand that. :)

I didn't realize green pepper hate was even a thing in anime.
Shinnosuke Nohara, popularising the hate for green peppers since 1990...

Mature

Lupin III VS Detective Conan (Movie)

I saw this movie while randomly scrolling Youtube for Lupin, so I watched it. Not that bad of a movie, I haven't seen Detective Conan or Lupin in a long time. So it was quite the refresher to remember what they're both like. I thought the movie focused a little too much on Conan, but overall it was enough Lupin screen time to satisfy me.

It was like a normal episode of Conan but with Lupin in the mix, so I don't have much to say about the movie. I enjoyed it!

I swear I'll never be able to tell when it's Lupin in disguise or the real person. He's good.
This is actually a Detective Conan TV special, not a movie. However, there is a Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie coming out in a couple months! You'll be happy to know that it looks like it more prominently represents both sides. Here's the trailer.

Mature

Random question for One Piece people: Is One Piece Film Z good as a stand alone flick? Or is it better suited to someone more knowledgeable of whats currently going on in the show?

kyoukai no kanata - 04
This show is Hit or miss to the extreme ...and it's not a bad thing ...
First part was boring , second part was better but after 4 episodes i'm not feelign the characters ...at ALL ..

i'm on the verge of dropping the show , if ep 5 doesn't correct this problem than i'll drop this show just like i dropped free ( without regrets )

Reknoc

Random question for One Piece people: Is One Piece Film Z good as a stand alone flick? Or is it better suited to someone more knowledgeable of whats currently going on in the show?

guess it depends on how current you mean. Some parts of it probably require some knowledge of the series, though nothing related to wherever the anime is now. It'd probably still be enjoyable without it though.

It heavily relies on familiarity with the manga story. As someone unfamiliar with the manga, I could not recommend the film to anyone else who is not a series fan; it doesn't really work on its own.

What does work as a standalone film based off a battle shounen manga property is the Blue Exorcist film, which you should watch if you haven't already. The story is tight and the backgrounds incredible.

Narag

Uchouten Kazoku 7

Holy shit, that Yajiro reveal. I mean it makes sense in retrospect given how he withdrew from being a Tanuki but I assumed it was some malaise rather than being brought on by guilt. Wouldn't be surprised if the father sacrificed himself for his son and took his place though and this is just some hardcore survivor's guilt.

One piece is best viewed after the time skip, it would raise a lot of question otherwise if you're not up to date with the normal anime/manga .

It's a stand alone story , based on plenty of events in the manga

Vecks

These kind of movies are really not meant to be stand alone.

Caesnd

Exactly, on purpose like Mr. Ōtsuka said. A refresher for newly independent creators on such supposed humble beginnings. Being back-to-the-basics should be a valuable lesson always.

Yeah, I mean, the show within itself was also clearly consistent throughout it's entire run. The show actually didn't look like it was made in a sloppy or hasty manner at all. To me it seemed like they used the style of purposely removing animation and basically having the characters all just be cut outs with layered effects to further leverage the absurdity of the premise and the way the dialogue is delivered.

Nice to see Sora no Woto being mentioned. I really loved the music in that one.

Mature

guess it depends on how current you mean. Some parts of it probably require some knowledge of the series, though nothing related to wherever the anime is now. It'd probably still be enjoyable without it though.

It heavily relies on familiarity with the manga story. As someone unfamiliar with the manga, I could not recommend the film to anyone else who is not a series fan; it doesn't really work on its own.

What does work as a standalone film based off a battle shounen manga property is the Blue Exorcist film, which you should watch if you haven't already. The story is tight and the backgrounds incredible.
Ah, thank you! And I was interested in the Blue Exorcist film by the backgrounds/art alone, but if the movie is actually good on top of that, then I'm in.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Going Home Club really was a sleeper yuri show from last season. I apologize for not giving you the attention I should've when you were airing! ;_;

Theonik

And now we have formal confirmation that NISA has indeed licensed The Eccentric Family for home video release. No comment on the release format yet though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...retail-release
Look forward to it in 2 years!

Praise be to purity!
I'm terribly sorry :(

Utena 2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXd9tUQCMAArH3e.png

Animated perfection, why is there such a good character that no one had ever told me about before, and then Saionji too. Only thing thats rotten is Anthy always getting in his way and ruining things but thats to be expected. In any event, I do like the guilty crown-esque thing still going on, makes it fun for the lead characters as I like that kind of concept thing, pulling out swords never gets old.

Music is amazing and I wish I had a printout of the lyrics, why are we singing about geologic time periods and early life forms like that, and then the main theme is extremely catchy, makes me easily forget and overlook the overly lovey lovey mushy stuff in utenas class...

Blue Hair, Red, and Saionji have the best eng voices.
It's almost like you forgot when we were posting the pictures of bishounens on cars at you ages ago!

Utena dub? DTL isn't even pretending he's not trolling everyone.
He's watching because it's on Neon Alley so that's a given. Dunno if they redobbed it or whatever.

Wow
Such mystery

After Kiniro and Yama no Susume I can't believe anymore. I NEED PROOF DAMMIT.

It's only a matter of time until Butch replaces book name drops with fanfic ones instead.

YESSSSSSSSSS~SU
Optimus Prime x R2D2 namedrop when.

They should have just had a sex scene.
Or Sexy cars at least.

Mostly stupid Madoka Rebellion spoilers. Still spoiling just in case.

Also there's so much
dancing. Dancing everywhere. Dancing transformations, dancing in the opening, dancing at the end. EVERYBODY DANCES.

WHY ARE WE DANCING.

WHAT IS THIS CAKE SONG.

WHY DID THE NIGHTMARE TURN INTO CAKE.

WHO IS THE CAKE.
ケーキが嘘だ

More stupid Madoka Rebellion spoilers. Just being careful for folks who don't want to know anything.

Didn't make the idol and break dancing stand out any less.
The true dangers of Idol culture. No anime is sacred. :(
I BLAME KAWAMORI.

GIANT ROBOTS ARE HERE AND THERE'S A WAR GOING ON. MY VIBRO-BLADE IS UNBELIEVABLY DULL.

LOOK AT THAT SKILL. COULD HE BE THE HOLY PILOT?

I'm imagining the loud old man as Fuyutsuki and the fast talking leader as Gendo, and I'm cracking up.

SHOW ME THE ANCIENT JAPANESE LILIM'S SPIRIT

USE THE POWER OF THE BLACK MOON AND LCL, AND THE POWER OF INSTRUMENTALITY
I love you guys.

A quick skim through Outbreak Company 4

This show gets me, I just wish it was more interesting to watch!
Welp another show I need to watch.

mAcOdIn

Jesus I must be the only one in this forum that really doesn't get all the hype behind Kill La Kill. It's trying so hard to be wacky action that all it's accomplishing with me is making me want to watch Gurren Lagann for similar wackiness and better characters. Revenge stories are a dime a dozen for me so nothing has really interested me too much.
You know, I never got the hype beforehand and I should really hate the show having watched it but I actually love it. It's just fun.
Tweeny Witches
I'll second this show!

That said I have one gripe about the ending for anyone who's seen it:
I hate that Arusu leaves, go talks to the statue, comes back, tells everyone that she know knows what light magic is and why it has to be her, but never tells them nor the viewer?! So lame.
IS S2 4 -
Her IS's powers, though, that was kind of surprising!
Nanobot water? Really? None of the others have anything like that... interesting. And kind of overpowered. Spider-IS girl went down fast, once Russia showed up. Well, once she got done with trolling villain girl some, of course.
I wonder, at the end did she let the villains get away, or was there some other reason she didn't make a serious attempt to stop them? Well, since this is a series they had to get away there, but any reason other than that? :p Overall though, okay episode.
Surprising? They can materialize parts of or all of their robots out of thin air with the power of thought, having a visual water effect's not such a big deal.

As for the end, why not?
The other robot took out two of their allies already(love the lack of concern for their whereabouts though), Ichika was low on energy, who knows how much energy Russia had left or even whether her mech's any good against that type anyways, the rest of Ichika's harem seemed outclassed, why press the attack under those conditions when your one true goal is to defend yourself and your school?

Metrotab

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata - 4

Wow, this episode was actually decent. And the whole "we're more similar than you think" thing was done pretty well.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 38

And the string of Ai episodes at last comes to a close. In probably the most simple evil plan yet, the trio lure Ai to the dark side with cookies. And juice. And finger puppets. And skintight suits that cause fanartists to draw things like this. (Makobee is the best.) It was a charming little episode, and also proof that not even being animated can escape the abandoned warehouse district. I did like that making Ai evil (she rocks those sunglasses) also means that Aguri can't transform - it's a nice use of mechanics. The rings are vaporized, and Ai said her first word ("Ma... na...."), so all in all, it was worth it just to see Bel hulk out like that. Or is it Fist of the North Star? One of those things.

But even more importantly, Regina has returned! Returned and asks to be called "LADY Regina (Regina-sama~)" I've missed you, Mana's second wife, you and your yuri goggle enhancing antics. I don't mind the childcare stuff, but I've been in this for Mana's harem since the beginning.

Gazoinks

Usagi Drop 10-11 END

And what happened then? Well, in Japan they say that Gazoinks's small heart grew three sizes that day.

This show is the singular sweetest and most heartwarming thing I've ever seen, and definitely the right thing to watch after finishing the avalanche of depression that is Fate/Zero. As I said in my impression of... Episode 2 or 3, this one feels close to home to me because I have an adopted sister a little bit younger than Rin. As far as the tone of the series, I liked how... happy it was. It's a really positive view of child care that, well, sort of ignores the bad aspects of it (or deals with them easily), but it's better off for it. I also liked how the story kind of came full circle over the year it takes place.

Narag

Uchouten Kazoku 8

k2YjGG6l.jpg

Those might be my tears on Yajiro after watchin this one..

God damn, this ep was sad. Finally noticed how selfless Kaisei is too. Everything she does is for the sake of others.

This is actually a Detective Conan TV special, not a movie. However, there is a Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie coming out in a couple months! You'll be happy to know that it looks like it more prominently represents both sides. Here's the trailer.

Well that explains why it felt so Conan throughout the special. I don't think I've ever seen Conan wield a gun before, so it should be quite interesting.

Metrotab

Banned
Kill la Kill - 4

I didn't expect to see the traditional Blue Danube joke in an anime.

Always felt like a western film trope, I dunno.

Shergal

Usagi Drop 10-11 END
As far as the tone of the series, I liked how... happy it was. It's a really positive view of child care that, well, sort of ignores the bad aspects of it (or deals with them easily), but it's better off for it.

Yep, nothing wrong with idealized fluffy shows as long as they remain true to that aspect of what they're tackling. It's like it distils all the happy parts of child caring and presents them for you in a comfortable package.
There are some aspects in Usagi Drop that ring a bit harsher, like the episode with Kazumi (was it Kazumi? Daikichi's sister I mean), but it never overrides the 'healing' tone of the show.

cajunator

Banned
Usagi Drop 10-11 END

And what happened then? Well, in Japan they say that Gazoinks's small heart grew three sizes that day.

This show is the singular sweetest and most heartwarming thing I've ever seen, and definitely the right thing to watch after finishing the avalanche of depression that is Fate/Zero. As I said in my impression of... Episode 2 or 3, this one feels close to home to me because I have an adopted sister a little bit younger than Rin. As far as the tone of the series, I liked how... happy it was. It's a really positive view of child care that, well, sort of ignores the bad aspects of it (or deals with them easily), but it's better off for it. I also liked how the story kind of came full circle over the year it takes place.

I knowwwww. Its so adorably saccharine.
I wish there were more shows like it. The older show Aishiteruze baby is a bit similar. Yuzuyu is really cute too.

CorvoSol

Dual! Parallel Troubles 4

I know this is all I have said about this show, but it really does feel like Eva if Evangelion had been a goofy rom-com instead of a depressing mindrape show. That said, MAAAAAN is the CG in this show BAAAAAD. So glad they stick with hand drawn for most of it. Also I could almost swear I'd seen this plot in an episode of E7AO, and that does NOT bode well.

cajunator

Banned
Dual! Parallel Troubles 4

I know this is all I have said about this show, but it really does feel like Eva if Evangelion had been a goofy rom-com instead of a depressing mindrape show. That said, MAAAAAN is the CG in this show BAAAAAD. So glad they stick with hand drawn for most of it. Also I could almost swear I'd seen this plot in an episode of E7AO, and that does NOT bode well.

The cg is still better than Simoun. Not the show though.

Narag

Uchouten Kazoku 9

Kaisei at last. I find myself concerned for the Shimoganos as the Friday Fellows thing draws near and the danger the Ebisugawas might now present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom