• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To compare the series history:

So it had already cratered hard even between the first and second seasons.
To be fair, the first few episodes of season 2 weren't very good. Some people probably quit there and didn't keep going to the parts later in the season, when S2 equaled or surpassed the first season overall. The final couple of episodes of S2 were fantastic!

Also, as bad as those S2 sales numbers are compared to S1, Feathers is even lower...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't really been paying attention. What is this one called, and what were the previous ones?
This one is called "No Sex Please, We're Japanese". The other recent one was the VICE one, but a year or so ago there were a couple of other "white guy goes to Japan and finds sex dolls and host club" stories.

I just put X to the side and said "FEENIE NEEDS ME!"

Well I had to at some point right? All I was doing was Friend Safari-ing....

Which reminds me, Kincaido and one other person gives me fairy type. Everyone else is a bunch of lamers
and only one fucking person produces fighting type, out of 80 plus people on my friendslist.

The feeling of wanting to fire.

Gazoinks

The Eccentric Family 03

86GOiK0.jpg

I really want to know what Benten's story is. Woman's an enigma. I like this show a lot so far, it's tone is kinda Miyazaki-ish. The characters are all pretty charming and likable, and it looks reeally nice.

Also Yasaburo's father was awesome apparently.

The Eccentric Family 04

Best dogfight, right here. This episode was really fun.

No but seriously what's up with Benten.

CorvoSol

Which reminds me, Kincaido and one other person gives me fairy type. Everyone else is a bunch of lamers
and only one fucking person produces fighting type, out of 80 plus people on my friendslist.

I haven't even beat the 2nd gym yet, hahaha.

The Eccentric Family 03

I really want to know what Benten's story is. Woman's an enigma. I like this show a lot so far, it's tone is kinda Miyazaki-ish. The characters are all pretty charming and likable, and it looks reeally nice.

Also Yasaburo's father was awesome apparently.

The Eccentric Family 04

Best dogfight, right here. This episode was really fun.

No but seriously what's up with Benten.

I'm gonna warn you right now, they don't go much into what's up with her. That's my biggest issue with the show

Articalys

This one is called "No Sex Please, We're Japanese". The other recent one was the VICE one, but a year or so ago there were a couple of other "white guy goes to Japan and finds sex dolls and host club" stories.
Do you think the VICE one is actually worth watching, or is it repeating just the usual stereotypes? (Too lazy to deal with trying to watch the BBC one).

edit: I'll take the below response as a "no", then.

duckroll

VICE is really funny. Regardless of their "opinions" of something, it's always entertaining to watch the reporters put themselves in really dodgy situations just to prove they're real! :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Talking about how a dead end white collar employment culture leads to apathy towards family units and relationships is boring though!
Funny enough, the BBC one also mentions that too. So at least they cover all the things we already know!

Do you think the VICE one is actually worth watching, or is it repeating just the usual stereotypes? (Too lazy to deal with trying to watch the BBC one).

edit: I'll take the below response as a "no", then.
I find Vice fine as entertainment, just not "information". Like, I almost wonder if the ending of that latest piece was faked, but it doesn't matter because it's hilarious.

Hattori

Banned

I got Butterflies in my safari if you're interested.
---------------------

Outbreak Company 1-3

I'm strangely liking this show so far.
Myucel :(

Jex

Uchouten Kazoku 10

Seriously impressed with how so many apparently independent elements from previous eps came together so well in this one. Wish more anime could aspire to this level of storytelling.

Well, with most anime being based on manga or crappy Light Novels that just not going to happen!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was it in passing?
Sort of. It was listed as one of the symptoms inasmuch as explaining why the youth are so apathetic. It was also mentioned as part of Abe's plan to flood the economy with money and Japan's large debt. But it was also used as a transition to saying how Japan is xenophobic/racist and refuses to allow for immigration.

Basically, all the greatest hits. lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sort of. It was listed as one of the symptoms inasmuch as explaining why the youth are so apathetic. It was also mentioned as part of Abe's plan to flood the economy with money and Japan's large debt. But it was also used as a transition to saying how Japan is xenophobic/racist and refuses to allow for immigration.

Basically, all the greatest hits. lol
Wait, was it critical of fighting deflation and weakening the yen?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
from up on poopy hill
what a boring movie. the story was super straightforward, but it still wound up being pulled in multiple directions between its commentary on rebuilding after the war, the romance, and the
bizarre incest fake out
. still not sure how that last one was supposed to contribute to the story. pile on the throwaway themes regarding the main girl having to work at a young age and missing out on obligations due to her budding interests and you wind up with a bunch of loose ends at the movie without much to show for it.

i really hated the character art. not only did its simplicity constantly clash with the lush background work, but the characters were regularly sporting vacant and expressionless faces. it's hard for a movie to have a human element when everyone looks like paper dolls.

jbug617

Banned
VICE is really funny. Regardless of their "opinions" of something, it's always entertaining to watch the reporters put themselves in really dodgy situations just to prove they're real! :)

I enjoy the trips to North Korea. They did 2 trips 1 was a solo mission and the other was when Rodman went to North Korea.

The fake grocery store in the 2nd trip was crazy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, was it critical of fighting deflation and weakening the yen?
It didn't offer an opinion, other than saying Abe was taking "drastic measures" to save the economy and using that as a segue to say they should take drastic measures in terms of their immigration policy as well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It didn't offer an opinion, other than saying Abe was taking "drastic measures" to save the economy and using that as a segue to say they should take drastic measures in terms of their immigration policy as well.
Meh. I would hardly call it drastic measures when it's long overdue. Their immigration policy does need work, but it does serve as a reminder of how immigration masks the same factors in western societies.

duckroll

Good news for Gatchaman Crowds fans: The marathon event yesterday night also screened the director's cut version of the final episode, confirming that the DVD/BD box will include an extended finale with additional footage which covers the gap between the ending and the epilogue.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Good news for Gatchaman Crowds fans: The marathon event yesterday night also screened the director's cut version of the final episode, confirming that the DVD/BD box will include an extended finale with additional footage which covers the gap between the ending and the epilogue.
I don't know if it's something that necessarily needs explaining, but why not.

Meh. I would hardly call it drastic measures when it's long overdue. Their immigration policy does need work, but it does serve as a reminder of how immigration masks the same factors in western societies.
Well, I look at it this way. This is a doc that started off by going to an abandoned elementary school and exclaiming how sad it is to see empty playgrounds. lol

Narag

Looking forward to that.

wonzo

Banned
Excellent.

Articalys

Oh yeah, I remember the news article announcing S2 had mentioned extra footage on the BD; is it only for the final episode then?

Jex

Thank god.

duckroll

I've read that the extended footage takes place a year after the "ending", and also that they've done various tweaks and corrections to the existing footage in the series as expected, since some of it was pretty rough when it was broadcast. Seems like they might be doing more corrections too, since the release is still 3 months away.

Quasar

No it's not. It's based on a novel.

But where is the line between those two. Simply that light novels are aimed at the YA segment and this is essentially a adult novel?

Speaking of which, anyone read the novel its based on? I assume there is no official or fan translation.

Jex

Hajime No Ippo: Rising 4

A'ight, hyped for the next episode's fight. Imae really looks like he'd be Aoki 2.0 (outside the ring) if he took that stick out of his arse.

So good to see Aoki with THE EYES once in a while

Also, why is Aoki crushing the inspirational CG frog?

He's no Baron Zeppeli, that's for sure :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom