• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

The Eccentric Family 05

screenshot0028maqb.png

Benten gets all the scenic shots.

So
Yasaburo met the man who both saved his mother and ate his father. Aaaawkward.

This was a really good episode. Shed some light on Benten's character, and a lot on the Friday Fellows.
I didn't expect them to be so... friendly.
The end sequence was really beautiful too.

Patlabor 31

The drawings and layouts were kind of all over the place, which made this important narrative climax a little less impactful than it could have been. The moment at the end when the Griffin
took off and flew
was pretty cool though. Still an awesome mecha design.

CorvoSol

You should've mentioned this earlier, now I really have to check it out x)

Show is the reason that Elven babes are a thing. That's a lie, but one you can repeat.

It's too bad that
the result of the fight is more rigged than the WWE or NBA combined.

Shhh. It's still awesome to watch.

Something like that, yes.

So is Corvo Char or Laura?

Char. When is Char Aznable not the right choice? Dat shower scene in MSG.
Still miffed that Char showed more skin than Sayla.

Utena dub is just awful. Not funny awful, not amusing awful, just awful.

...How is the tail moving?

There is no such thing as the Utena dub. I don't want to talk about it.

MEGANEBU! Episode 4
tumblr_mvck3hFowV1r1chfgo1_500.png
tumblr_mvck3hFowV1r1chfgo2_500.png

Always beat up on but at least it did give a good moment. Hayato still looks great without megane. I wonder how the others would look. First half was much better than second half though, Takuma is kind of on the more boring side of the character traits here, though his brothers are simply the best.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Dreams of the Morning, Songs of the Night - Kapitel II

~ The amount was acceptable, but it tasted horrible. ~

ANq158r.jpg

This is a funny perspective.

A good synopsis of all cafeteria food everywhere.

Lots of memories get reminisced upon as K&R lounge around the school grounds during their investigation.
My personal guess on the culprit is Moritz, he's the one who told the victim about the food smuggling after all. I'm awful at detective stories though, so I'm probably missing the mark completely.

Narag

Aku no Hana 1

Figured I'd give this a shot again. Love the backgrounds, fine with the rotoscope, but what really amazes me is how effectively that tone being played makes any scene extremely unsettling. Even watched a bit of one muted just to see the difference and it was massive.

Speaking of unsettling, Nakamura so easily angering her teacher managed the same effect.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not falling for this. You can't hide the boredom brought by the rest of the cast and story.

(Why was the series not about the adventures of Catgirl and Sawashiro?)

Why indeed...

I guess too much of that many good things is bad! Someday there'll be another show where a lesbian meganekko Miyukichi molests a catgirl, I know there will.

goodness this needs to happen!

Any idea if Haganai will be getting a third season?

Hope so. Although I gotta watch S2.
The first season was extremely enjoyable.

Jarmel

Banned
It's a crime that Haibane Renmei is forever stuck in 480p. Those bluray upscales were horrific.

The current era wouldn't be so bad if most works were actually rendered at 1080p, but most of them are rendered at Xbone resolutions or lower. What was that site that analyzed the resolution of TV anime? Someone linked it before.

Ugh. Is there any studio that produces at legit 1080p? Fucking BONES doesn't even produce at 720p.

Gazoinks

Aku no Hana 1

Figured I'd give this a shot again. Love the backgrounds, fine with the rotoscope, but what really amazes me is how effectively that tone being played makes any scene extremely unsettling. Even watched a bit of one muted just to see the difference and it was massive.

Speaking of unsettling, Nakamura so easily angering her teacher managed the same effect.

Yeah, one of the best achievements of this show is how they manage to make even the most mundane things really unsettling. The music does a lot of the heavy lifting there.

Gazoinks

The Eccentric Family 06

screenshot0043nx1s.png
screenshot006yjbhs.png
screenshot005f8lp6.png

I demand to know the Japanese for cutie-patooties.

This series is kind of getting more melancholy as it progresses. Also, it seems like the humans aren't aware Tanukis are intelligent? Also also why is Kaisei hiding her real appearance?
It's interesting that the Professor appears to have literally abducted Benten. That's not exactly as innocent as "adopted" would have you believe.

The Eccentric Family 07

And then this episode was light-hearted until the ending got all sad on me.
I wonder if Yajiro turning into a frog was a way of escaping his guilt over sending their father to his death.
Flashback episode next time.

The prof. lusting after Benten is kind of creepy since she's sort of his daughter kind of.

This show is weirdly hard to stop watching. Despite the theoretically slow pace, the episodes go by like nothing.

So Fate Zero is worth just getting 720p basically and the tv will downgrade? No point in getting it in 1080p.

Is Legend of the Galactic Heroes worth investing in? I know it's supposed to be really good, but nostalgia aside does it still hold up? Is it worth chugging along the old school anime look?

I don't tend to rewatch many shows of my childhood because the old school look imho didn't age well for me.

Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiben Movie

And so I decided to finally watch this while playing Ace Attorney 5, and AA5 also makes me want to take on the series again. Not that I need to with the backlog and whatnot but...

Man, a lot of gel must've been used for the hair. It's so wacky seeing it in action.

The movie focuses on the DL-6 case, and as such, re-arranged certain things, primarily the Steel Samurai case in where Wright didn't take part at all, but it happened around the time of Phoenix's debut as a Defense Attorney (however, the guilty verdict on that case was still the same).

IT's weird seeing the technology being shown in this very movie to kinda replicate how evidence and such is presented to the courtroom. I mean holy shit, there's even an analyser for ballistic markings for a bullet just by tossing it in the air! And they're like what? 3 years ahead or something? Not really!

Though, I do like Phoenix Wright's display here, in where he seems to be rather incompetent because he's a fresh attorney, although the weirder part is seeing the "anime fall-down" gag when someone says something stupid.... come to think of it, I think this was in PGSM as well......

The freakouts don't put much of a candle on the game in my opinion, but I did enjoy
seeing von Karma's hair becoming unkempt as Wright keeps dishing out the evidence to prove that he was behind DL-6. Seeing this was a moment of remember that he grew throughout the movie/game, as he is more able to be a defense attorney

von Karma has more presence in this movie versus the game, but he seems... softer in this adaptation, I think because of his more pronounced existence. Also a bit surprised that Apollo Justice music was playing at one point of the movie. Anywho, I enjoyed the movie for the most part. It did the characters well, even if there's some weird imagry at some points
GHOOOOOST

CorvoSol

Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiben Movie

And so I decided to finally watch this while playing Ace Attorney 5, and AA5 also makes me want to take on the series again. Not that I need to with the backlog and whatnot but...

Man, a lot of gel must've been used for the hair. It's so wacky seeing it in action.

The movie focuses on the DL-6 case, and as such, re-arranged certain things, primarily the Steel Samurai case in where Wright didn't take part at all, but it happened around the time of Phoenix's debut as a Defense Attorney (however, the guilty verdict on that case was still the same).

IT's weird seeing the technology being shown in this very movie to kinda replicate how evidence and such is presented to the courtroom. I mean holy shit, there's even an analyser for ballistic markings for a bullet just by tossing it in the air! And they're like what? 3 years ahead or something? Not really!

Though, I do like Phoenix Wright's display here, in where he seems to be rather incompetent because he's a fresh attorney, although the weirder part is seeing the "anime fall-down" gag when someone says something stupid.... come to think of it, I think this was in PGSM as well......

The freakouts don't put much of a candle on the game in my opinion, but I did enjoy
seeing von Karma's hair becoming unkempt as Wright keeps dishing out the evidence to prove that he was behind DL-6. Seeing this was a moment of remember that he grew throughout the movie/game, as he is more able to be a defense attorney

von Karma has more presence in this movie versus the game, but he seems... softer in this adaptation, I think because of his more pronounced existence. Also a bit surprised that Apollo Justice music was playing at one point of the movie. Anywho, I enjoyed the movie for the most part. It did the characters well, even if there's some weird imagry at some points
GHOOOOOST

I honestly felt like Von Karma's break down was even better in the movie than the game. Like if there was one part of the movie that was better than the game (aside from the evidence presentation explaining why people react as they do), it was von Karma's break down. His hair goes everywhere, and he screams and the camera freaks out with him.

The other thing I felt it did was sell me on Phoenix x Maya. I've been a fan of Phoenix x Mia all along, but I'll be damned if I didn't want them to kiss at the movie's end. The investigation of Gourd Lake really made them work as a couple.

Gintama - 25

I damn near lost it with the Death Note parodies. It's such a shame this show takes about 18 episodes to really pick up in its comedy department. I loved how they were poking fun at how clip show episodes usually go down.

Not a fan of the new OP though. Pray was so much better.

This is at this point where the show get good , untill the end , it's like you've finished a prologue and the rest is just excellent afterwards.

Nafe

will try again later.

I paid attention to your post at least. Since a second season of Love Live! was mentioned, I wonder how they'll go about using the song in the show.

BoobJoust is infinitely scrubbable. lol

I'm not even sure if I know what this means, haha.

http://i.imgur.com/ni6vez6.png

I feel like when a manga visits an anime studio by way of making a nerd reference, it starts to get weirdly incestuous. I wonder if this is an attempt to get them to pick up the manga to adapt! lol

What manga is this supposed to be from?

I'm just here because...as Ultimadrago has phrased better "firehawk sniped one from the top window. (lol)"

Oh yeah, I remember that now, haha.

Utena dubbed isn't good for anyone.
Utena dub is just awful. Not funny awful, not amusing awful, just awful.

AnimeGaf: No Utena Dubs Allowed.

What about people who can't read!? They're people too

Utena in described video would be...interesting.

So is Corvo Char or Laura?

I'm Laura.

What were you expecting?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not even sure if I know what this means, haha.
I am (in)famous for watching 20 minute anime episodes in 5-10 minutes. You can be your own editor too!

What manga is this supposed to be from?
Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome.

It's cute, for what it is. Sort of like Again!!, but in the reverse direction in terms of time travel.

I honestly felt like Von Karma's break down was even better in the movie than the game. Like if there was one part of the movie that was better than the game (aside from the evidence presentation explaining why people react as they do), it was von Karma's break down. His hair goes everywhere, and he screams and the camera freaks out with him.

The other thing I felt it did was sell me on Phoenix x Maya. I've been a fan of Phoenix x Mia all along, but I'll be damned if I didn't want them to kiss at the movie's end. The investigation of Gourd Lake really made them work as a couple.

Seeing those cuts were kind of weird. But oh my, now you're on the Maya train. Probably helps that Maya doesn't completely look like a kid, but... they did prolong that train scene. Even I was expecting something to happen right there.

Although in that regards, the post credits part where they were taking on Case 2-4.... Man... I would've loved to see the second movie being filmed. Especially since we wouldn't be dealing with Case 2-3.

CorvoSol

Seeing those cuts were kind of weird. But oh my, now you're on the Maya train. Probably helps that Maya doesn't completely look like a kid, but... they did prolong that train scene. Even I was expecting something to happen right there.

Although in that regards, the post credits part where they were taking on Case 2-4.... Man... I would've loved to see the second movie being filmed. Especially since we wouldn't be dealing with Case 2-3.

Nick ships are as follows for me:

Mia > Maya > Iris > Ema/Athena.

Edgeworth:

Franziska > Gumshoe > Kay

Apollo:

Ema > Athena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juniper

Ema:

Phoenix > Apollo > Edgeworth > SCIENCE! > Other Named Male Characters > The Payne Brothers > Klavier

Nick ships are as follows for me:

Mia > Maya > Iris > Ema/Athena.

Edgeworth:

Franziska > Gumshoe > Kay

Apollo:

Ema > Athena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juniper

Ema:

Phoenix > Apollo > Edgeworth > SCIENCE! > Other Named Male Characters > The Payne Brothers > Klavier

Part of me feels like there's plot things with Apollo, which might fit in with a hunch I'm having, but I'm at the beginning of case 3, so no spoilers of any kind, especially if you have something quotable.

Although I'm not feeling Athena too much in general. Doesn't give me the "she's a DA" like Apollo did as a rookie.

CorvoSol

Part of me feels like there's plot things with Apollo, which might fit in with a hunch I'm having, but I'm at the beginning of case 3, so no spoilers of any kind, especially if you have something quotable.

Although I'm not feeling Athena too much in general. Doesn't give me the "she's a DA" like Apollo did as a rookie.

I totally am feeling Athena. As much as the barrier between virtual and physical reality permits. She doesn't feel like a lawyer at all (I mean Mia got laughed at for her age when she was in her twenties, and Athena is younger than Prosecutor Genius Edgeworth when he debuted), but she's spunky and perky and pretty, which is all I really demand. Plus it is nice to have another female lawyer.

I really wish this game had brought back Gumshoe or Ema. Like, Fulbright is okay I guess, but he isn't half the detective they are so far.

I totally am feeling Athena. As much as the barrier between virtual and physical reality permits. She doesn't feel like a lawyer at all (I mean Mia got laughed at for her age when she was in her twenties, and Athena is younger than Prosecutor Genius Edgeworth when he debuted), but she's spunky and perky and pretty, which is all I really demand. Plus it is nice to have another female lawyer.

I really wish this game had brought back Gumshoe or Ema. Like, Fulbright is okay I guess, but he isn't half the detective they are so far.

Fulbright is just there to push the DTL quota.

I guess. His one redeeming quality so far has been his theme song. Dude just kinda pales compared to Gumshoe.

I don't know, I like Gumshoe's theme a lot. Fulbright's fits for his character, but it just doesn't compare man.

To be fair, you had three games to get to know Gumshoe. I personally wasn't too hot on Gumshoe until the second or third game.

Technically 5, but hay, that's better than what we got for Ema :/

Nafe

I am (in)famous for watching 20 minute anime episodes in 5-10 minutes. You can be your own editor too!

Ah. You've mentioned about "scrubbing" shows before. The fact that it could be done infinitely in this case was kind of confusing as well.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome.

It's cute, for what it is. Sort of like Again!!, but in the reverse direction in terms of time travel.

I don't think I know what either of those are so I'll look them up more later.

I just want senpai to notice me and
take responsability

Is this "senpai noticing someone" a new thing or just something that people seemed to have been posting more of here recently?

I thought Nafe was Irisu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom