• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah. You've mentioned about "scrubbing" shows before. The fact that it could be done infinitely in this case was kind of confusing as well.
That was more of a qualitative statement on the nature of BoobJoust rather than a quantitative measure of how much I scrub!

I don't think I know what either of those are so I'll look them up more later.
They're romcom time travel stories set in high school. lol

CorvoSol

To be fair, you had three games to get to know Gumshoe. I personally wasn't too hot on Gumshoe until the second or third game.

5, technically, which is why he's sort of a big part of the series now. Ema clocks in at 1 amazing case and a game, but she's awesome, too.

It isn't that I don't like Fulbright, it's just that I miss Gumshoe and Ema.

I don't know, I like Gumshoe's theme a lot. Fulbright's fits for his character, but it just doesn't compare man.

Technically 5, but hay, that's better than what we got for Ema :/

RE: Athena, I think what gets me is the neck-tie. Not gonna lie, girls in ties is a thing for me.

Is this "senpai noticing someone" a new thing or just something that people seemed to have been posting more of here recently?

Zdq7wzS.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Mazinger Z 23-

I don't really want to say the show is sexist but it kinda is. Also the rest of these mecha pilots are a bunch of jobbers.

5, technically, which is why he's sort of a big part of the series now. Ema clocks in at 1 amazing case and a game, but she's awesome, too.

It isn't that I don't like Fulbright, it's just that I miss Gumshoe and Ema.

RE: Athena, I think what gets me is the neck-tie. Not gonna lie, girls in ties is a thing for me.

And on that note, I just heard
Klavier's voice
. Uggggggh

Gazoinks

The Garden of Sinners Movie 2: Murder Speculation (First Half)

I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be impressed by Mikiya's devotion or just think he's an idiot.
Dude. SHE KILLED SEVEN PEOPLE. Yeah sure she has a good side. SHE IS A SERIAL KILLER WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T BELIEVE SHE KILLED PEOPLE COME ON.

Overall I think this one was a bit stronger than the first. It didn't have that feeling of floating completely free of context, and it was nice to see the characters being developed. Shiki was made much more interesting here. That being said, Mikiya reeeeeally needed more development. Because to be honest he comes off as a self-deluding idiot who is unhealthily in love with someone who is
certainly a murderer. And yeah I'm expecting there to be a twist later where he was right and she wasn't the murderer, but we don't know that now.

Flaws aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story is pieced together as the series continues.

CorvoSol

And on that note, I just heard
Klavier's voice
. Uggggggh

DON'T CLICK SPOILERS IF YOU UH, I DUNNO JUST I HOPE THAT I DON'T RUIN THINGS FOR YOU SOMEHOW.

New voices are definitely the um, unusual part for me. Not so much
Klavier
but I tell you Kirby Guy that I am living in utter FEAR of what
Miles Edgeworth
will sound like.

I'm fine with Apollo for the most part. Wright's is okay. Payne was very unusual for me, considering how different it is from the cutscene versus the shouts.

But hey, it had to be done
especially considering PW's VA left Capcom

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's some serious cherry picking. Especially considering that they talk about how dumb and absurd SAO is 99% of the time.
I saw what I saw. I have no real desire to read more back and forth about SAO anyways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We are the Kiritos to their Suguhas.

Even you, Firehawk. You're Kirito too.
I thought GAF had rules against personal attacks. :(

Speaking of "attacks", Attack No. 1 showed up!
I was super excited to watch this since this show is basically Ace wo Nerae but with volleyball (and also like four times the length).

Even the OP is similar, with the enka-style song and of course, girls being hit by balls!
VCULtCcl.png

Also, bitchiness!
LwrEScxl.png

70s colour schemes!
NeTvGlEl.png

Haxor moves!
4wS1VLL.png

Cheaper versions of Dezaki postcards!
zQmZayf.png

That said, so far anyway, the show really isn't as good as Ace wo Nerae. It looks terrible, even by 70s anime standards where in Ace, you basically had the same 5 tennis animations looping over and over, and the main character is basically the most perfect girl ever.

But hey, 70s shoujo is 70s shoujo, and this is one of the biggest series from that era!

The Garden of Sinners Movie 2: Murder Speculation (First Half)

I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be impressed by Mikiya's devotion or just think he's an idiot.
Dude. SHE KILLED SEVEN PEOPLE. Yeah sure she has a good side. SHE IS A SERIAL KILLER WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T BELIEVE SHE KILLED PEOPLE COME ON.

Overall I think this one was a bit stronger than the first. It didn't have that feeling of floating completely free of context, and it was nice to see the characters being developed. Shiki was made much more interesting here. That being said, Mikiya reeeeeally needed more development. Because to be honest he comes off as a self-deluding idiot who is unhealthily in love with someone who is
certainly a murderer. And yeah I'm expecting there to be a twist later where he was right and she wasn't the murderer, but we don't know that now.

Flaws aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story is pieced together as the series continues.

Keep watching. Here are some of my impressions with the movie series:

- Film 5 is the best of the bunch. REAAAAAAAALLY popular. It also happens to have a character that Shiro was probably based off of.

- Film 6 is extremely skippable. Like you can watch it if you want, I personally tried to, then read reviews halfway when I was getting bored of it, then skipped it.

- Film 7 is also fantastic. Probably the second best of the bunch. Then there's an epiloque which ties a bit of loose ends and finally, the recently released movie which will be subbed at some point next year that is the final movie based off the series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I can't wrap my mind around the fact that there are people in this thread who have never seen the Guyver OVAs. It just doesn't make any sense.

My only experience with the Guyver series was always seeing the VHS tapes for the live action movies at an old Blockbuster. The suit looked pretty cool back then!

Yamato 2199 episodes 23-24

Took for fucking ever for
Yuki to finally be rescued. Kodai can finally rest easy.

Also lol at the fact there's an actual beach episode in a space battleship laser aliens series. The dreaded beach episode is everywhere, it takes no prisoners out of ANY anime.

Can't wait for the last two episodes.This is definitely a series to watch with friends. Especially those like me who loved Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek.

Gazoinks

The Eccentric Family 08

screenshot016zrlj8.png
screenshot018g3bk2.png

Tears. Tears everywhere.

When I started this series, I can't say I expected it to get this sad.
Yajiro's intense regret and self-blame for the death of his father, and Yaichiro crying over it.
The ending of the episode was really great, where
Yasaburo was talking about how they each inherited part of their father's nature and they were tied together by his death.

Looks like we'll finally see Kaisei next time.

fertygo

Keep watching. Here are some of my impressions with the movie series:

- Film 5 is the best of the bunch. REAAAAAAAALLY popular. It also happens to have a character that Shiro was probably based off of.

- Film 6 is extremely skippable. Like you can watch it if you want, I personally tried to, then read reviews halfway when I was getting bored of it, then skipped it.

- Film 7 is also fantastic. Probably the second best of the bunch. Then there's an epiloque which ties a bit of loose ends and finally, the recently released movie which will be subbed at some point next year that is the final movie based off the series.

Anime-GAF only like movie 5 from what I read in here..

I love this series and movies, my favorite TYPE-MOON stuff personally.. after reading the novel though, I kinda feel they kinda mishandling few movie narrative direction.

Kara no Kyoukai is like Nasu's X-File, its Supernatural story with big investigation element on it, the story resolve around the cast describing the supernatural case. But take example of Movie 1, the movie just treat it as "OMG Ghost" and ignoring the narrative of the plot such like why
the suicide chain happen
, few movies ahead also suffering from that.. Although its getting better from movie 3.

Its no wonder Movie 5 are the people liking most, its completely nail the atmosphere, the investigation element of supernatural trickery that driving people to madness, Although the fact its the movie that have strongest direction also help a lot.

I love this series and movies, my favorite TYPE-MOON stuff personally.. after reading the novel though, I kinda feel they kinda mishandling few movie narrative direction.

Kara no Kyoukai is like Nasu's X-File, its Supernatural story with big investigation element on it, the story resolve around the cast describing the supernatural case. But take example of Movie 1, the movie just treat it as "OMG Ghost" and ignoring the narrative of the plot such like why
the suicide chain happen
, few movies ahead also suffering from that.. Although its getting better from movie 3.

Its no wonder Movie 5 are the people liking most, its completely nail the atmosphere, the investigation element of supernatural trickery that driving people to madness, Although the fact its the movie that have strongest direction also help a lot.

AnimeGAF and I disagree in many aspects. This apparently being one of them. Also Psycho-Pass. I loved that.

Jarmel

Banned

the suicide chain happen

I thought the 7th movie was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom