• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Ano Natsu de Matteiru 10

Well, I guess that answers that question. And proves my suspicions right.

ill4ugTSCkjXt.jpg

I can't make one of these posts without a screencap of Remon doing something awesome.

The last two episodes seem like they're going to be the finale, setting up whether Ichika decides to stay on Earth or return to space. So this one resolved a lot of the lingering issues. The show's message seems to have been almost entirely about the courage to risk change by expressing your feelings, and while that obviously will work out well for our leads, I'm glad they didn't forget about everyone else too much. Carrying around those emotional burdens isn't worth it.

iPFmuzoJuEki4.jpg

After using the kids playing fake-Yugioh to set up a step back into childhood memories, I liked this little visual gag that got them off-scene. They don't want any drama.

Mio was surprisingly awesome in this episode.

So yeah, things were kinda flashback-heavy, but it was to emphasize the emotional journeys that everyone has taken so far. If things ended here, it wouldn't be super climactic, but I'd be more or less satisfied.

I hope this space stuff doesn't get too complicated.

wonzo

Banned
Might be worth waiting for feedback on FLCL, though, from someone who buys it. MVM sometimes source their masters from the US and sometimes from Australia; the US disc version of FLCL is apparently inferior to the Aussie version.
The Madman release is exactly the same as Funi's which is the the JP one for a budget price so the MVM version won't be any different.

The BluRay's still the best version of FLCL available so~

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 4:

At the very least this program can claim to be the superior fanservice show not named Kill La Kill, not that was very hard to accomplish. Anyway, this episode was a strange mixture of the irrelevant and exposition as the first half of the show was about swimsuits and comedy antics. Second half was much better with establishing some character dynamics like Hina's role as the mayor and also the biggest revelation to come out of this episode is what the stakes are, what the villains are trying to accomplish and what are heroes must prevent.

Kazzy

Eh, I still haven't quite managed to get back to watching something, anything. Think it's time to look back to what I've purchased. All this FMP talk has reminded me that I own the all the series on Blu-ray, and yet I haven't watched a single one.

OceanBlue

Eh, I still haven't quite managed to get back to watching something, anything. Think it's time to look back to what I've purchased. All this FMP talk has reminded me that I own the all the series on Blu-ray, and yet I haven't watched a single one.

I'm even worse. The only shows I've really given a shot are Infinite Stratos and Walkure Romanze.

Actually I guess if you count anime club at my university, I'm watching Kino's Journey and Kuroko no Basket, but there's a larger point I'm trying to make. :V

Kazzy

Watch Fumoffu! :D

It'd be the wise choice (probably), but I feel as though I should work through them in order.

I'm even worse. The only shows I've really given a shot are Infinite Stratos and Walkure Romanze.

Actually I guess if you count anime club at my university, I'm watching Kino's Journey and Kuroko no Basket, but there's a larger point I'm trying to make. :V

It's only been the last month or so that I've been like this, which I guess just speaks to both my general fatigue, as well as having a bunch of other stuff to do. It has reached the point where I'm quite happy to let the current season trundle along and then work through it, as I know watching something like Kill la Kill on a weekly basis would just irritate me.

I do enjoy being part of the zeitgeist, but oh well!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What do the UK peeps do about Region A BDs?

Do they just hope the show will eventually come to our region or do you have a dedicated player for them?

Kazzy

Do they just hope the show will eventually come to our region or do you have a dedicated player for them?

Both. A horrible solution, but it's entirely dependent on how much I like a specific franchise.

Now I just can't be bothered importing into Japan, so I lose on all fronts!

Theonik

Wait for a UK release/RIP the disk. Should invest in a region-modded OPPO one of these days though.
Not too bothered though. US releases suck balls anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I kind of hope YuruYuri (Happy Go Lily to give it its American name a ha ha ha) gets a UK release then. Not too bothered about an art book I'll glance through once.

Maybe they're just waiting to release both series together in one box without the extra goodies. (yeah right)

Also I just read this about the American release for the second series (♪♪):

HA HA what?

Theonik

I kind of hope YuruYuri (Happy Go Lily to give it its American name a ha ha ha) gets a UK release then. Not too bothered about an art book I'll glance through once.

Maybe they're just waiting to release both series together in one box without the extra goodies. (yeah right)
That might happen actually. New develpments have made UK BDs cheap for anime release companies and UK being Region B means they can get much better negotiations with JP licensors.

Also I just read this about the American release for the second series (♪♪):

HA HA what?
The curse of Region A. Better than forced dubs alla PSG at least.

Metrotab

Banned
Is Legend of the Galactic Heroes worth investing in? I know it's supposed to be really good, but nostalgia aside does it still hold up? Is it worth chugging along the old school anime look?

I had absolutely no nostalgia factor going into LoGH, and I got completely hooked. The old school look fits the show exceptionally, and you get used to it pretty quickly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4:

At the very least this certainly is the second most visually impressive title this season, Second only to Kyousougiga. I really do love the Gunpla battles as they are works of art in motion. Anyway, this is probably the worst episode thus far mainly because of some truly harem show worth love triangle bullshit.
I am glad that all the Kirara fangirling over Gunpla and her hanging around Sei was just one tactical ruse to win the match and win the tournament.
Okay, I have to ask, do idol singers actually enter into second jobs basically to further their careers? I want to call bullshit on this, but I legitimately do not know enough about the idol scene to do so. Anyway, I think the reason Kirara fails as an idol is is her song is pretty disgusting trash, but then again, this is pop music. Also, I have a feeling glasses girls is going to become the biggest heel in Gundam Build Fighter as she is trying to interfere with The One True Pairing.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh. Is there any studio that produces at legit 1080p? Fucking BONES doesn't even produce at 720p.

I was pretty sure Ufotable did but it seems not. But the Blurays look REALLY good so who cares?

I still laugh at this. Where did it originally come from?

Meanwhile, Nyantype magazine is apparently teasing an announcement of a new Nanoha project in next month's issue.

OMG.
OH MY GOD. SQUEEEEEEE

fertygo

Gundam Build Fighters - 04

This week message for all the cool kidz, playing gunpla can get you the girlz.. Episode are rather silly and embarrassing tbh, all this idol stuff can burn..

Best part of the episode, motherfucking Zaku kick Infinite Justice ass.. aww yeahhhhh

Next week episode look awesome, X Gundam!

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate EP 13-16
Hoooooooly fuck

I can't do this. I can't hold these feelings back. This feels really well done compared to pretty much all the other shows involving
time travel
. Shit is real and the sacrifices made along the way may very well be permanent. I feel so bad for Daru. If it were me I wouldn't be mad at Okabe, but... I don't even know what I'd do. Mayuri was a real detective in this episode which caught me off guard, but her deductions made sense. I'm glad Suzuha at least got something tiny out of all this.

God... I had to watch some Arakawa under the bridge and Usagi Drop after episode 16. That was way too heavy an experience.

Steins;Gate episode 16 is the only episode of anime to almost very nearly make me cry.
Suzuha's fate is just heartbreaking.

Speaking of which, for some reason I had a dream that my mom watched S;G last night.

jbug617

Banned
The Kuroko no Basket BS is happening again. Tsutaya removes the manga and dvds and if I had to guess they got a letter threatening the company if they kept any KnB related items.

This is also happened early this month.

The convenience store chains 7-Eleven and Family Mart as well as other companies such as Sankei Shimbun received new threat letters earlier this month that said that the sender has put poison and agricultural chemicals in various Kuroko's Basketball confectionery snacks. As a result, 7-Eleven temporarily removed the "Voi-Colle Kuroko's Basketball Wafers 2" cookies, and Family Mart stopped selling the "Ichiban Kuji Kuroko no Basuke ~Seirin & Kaijō~" lottery merchandise line. The Circle K Sunkus store chain is also considering suspending sales of the merchandise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-dvds-manga-removed-from-tsutaya-rental-chain

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 4

Poolside antics followed by world building. The length of the pool section actually showed some restraint on the show's part, even if the behaviour of the characters didn't :p I laughed at there being a justification for nipplelick.gif, but given Kotoha's power I probably could have figured that out.

The overarching villain could end up being time itself, depending on the reason for the
trees blooming.
I can't say how well the plot will be executed, but it's interesting for now. No real action this week, but I still got a kick out of the dramatic sound effects for Hime's staff/polearm moves even if she's not attacking anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom