• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doki Doki Precure 38

So I guess one subplot is over. The whole Blood Rings thing gets destroyed, but not before seeing Super Bel... which was bleh.

The intro was playing during the fight, of course, like Heartcatch 48, a good chunk of it is used on transformation stock footage.

Anywho, after their failure, Regina is back in action, and for some reason, hints that there will be some interaction still with the cast. However, the preview could potentially hold a massive plot twist.
Joe Okada/Johnathon Klondike Bar might be evil.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ano Natsu de Matteiru 10

So yeah, things were kinda flashback-heavy, but it was to emphasize the emotional journeys that everyone has taken so far. If things ended here, it wouldn't be super climactic, but I'd be more or less satisfied.

I hope this space stuff doesn't get too complicated.
I think there was a generally positive response to the ending. Bonus points if you watched Onegai Sensei, I suppose.
But man, there's a part of me that wants to rewatch the anime. It's one of my favourite shows from last year.

Fucking finally. Now someone needs to finish Ace wo Nerae Season 2 and the ending OVA.
Yeah, I don't know Ace wo Nerae S2 is happening any time soon. :(
Just gotta live with the jdrama, I suppose.

What's going on? Why are you watching a non-currently airing show and one from the 70's even?!
If you are into 70s shoujo anime, this is the most hype anime to watch because it is both "famous" but also relatively unknown by virtue of being lost to time. It's almost like one of those 1000-episode anime that are still airing in Japan that we never hear about. lol

You can't really call something a Dezaki postcard unless the art is more detailed than the regular show art.
That's why it was cheaper! They were definitely going for a freeze-frame dramatic ending anyway!

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 4-
ibuG4ZTMYpGftO.gif

Char does not approve.
ibcEXxhgCfXOBB.jpg
So when was the last time a booster was cool? Ramba Ral also just casually being a stalker.

7Th

Oh, for anyone else who gets the TRIGGER e-mail magazine, is a "Dezaki postcard" the same thing the magazine referred to as a "Harmony" -- "a frame that is colored and completed by the background artist"?

Yes and no; Harmony refers to the technical process, "Dezaki postcard" refers to the directorial technique. Not all "Dezaki postcards" are colored and completed by the background artist... in fact, most of them are just poorly filtered with computer these days. See: duckroll's example.

cnet128

Banned
Making connections between things is fun. I was just listening to the Sasami-san ED (you know, the one that didn't air properly until the final episode, lol) when I thought "this style sounds really familiar...I know! It's just like the first Nichijou ED!" So I looked them up, and not only were they written and composed by the same guy, but that guy was also freaking Hyadain.

And that's how my mind was blown today.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 01-12

0NkwIlu.gif

I'm in despair! Such a great show has ended its first season!

Oh well time to go on. Zetsubou sensei wins at life for getting all the bitches.

Making connections between things is fun. I was just listening to the Sasami-san ED (you know, the one that didn't air properly until the final episode, lol) when I thought "this style sounds really familiar...I know! It's just like the first Nichijou ED!" So I looked them up, and not only were they written and composed by the same guy, but that guy was also freaking Hyadain.

Hyadain is everywhere. He just needs to sing more songs instead of producing them. >_>

cajunator

Banned

I agree. Though Im not very good at connecting the dots without consulting wiki or ANN.

Theonik

YNNOWSSOKS 04
An OK episode. It was interesting seeing the demon girl get fleshed out a bit more and Raul's lonely moments were pretty good too as was the return of Picard also
Twist about Lawson loli being a demon incoming.

Gintamen

Took me a while to realize that it's the same voice as behind the Nichijo OP. What's the name of the one with short hair?

Jex

Pedochimo Quartet - Episode 4

Thankfully the episode wasn't as lewd as I had anticipated. The pool stuff was barely half the episode, and there was some pretty good animation there. The licking scene was pretty unfortunate though. The opening scene with the mayors was really funny, and I was surprised that they actually followed up on the "9 year old running for mayor" thing in the actual episode. I honestly thought it was just a gag. This show is so nonsensical. Lololol.

Listen to how you excuse yourself for watching it!

Jex

What do the UK peeps do about Region A BDs?

Do they just hope the show will eventually come to our region or do you have a dedicated player for them?

I have a mulch-region solution, originally because I wanted to get certain USA Criterion releases etc.

Articalys

Sentai Filmworks posted their solicitations for Februrary 2014:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/senta...announces-february-2014-slate/733764153317366

Includes HIDAMARI SKETCH S1 ON BLU-RAY

Full list:
AKB0048 Next Stage (BD/DVD, with dub)
MM! (BD/DVD, with dub) (previously released on DVD sub-only)
Hidamari Sketch S1 (BD, sub only) (previously released on DVD)
Time Bokan: Royal Revival (BD/DVD, with dub)
Di Gi Charat Winter Garden (DVD, with dub)
Girls und Panzer OVA specials (BD/DVD, with dub)
Love, Election, and Chocolate (BD/DVD, sub only)

The one at 0:30 snf 1:44 with the female voice is Hyadain too?

Yep!

For his own songs, he provides all the voices, male and female, with the help of a digital voice modifier. These voices, Hyadain and Hyadaruko, appear as characters on his blog and in the music videos for "Hyadain no Kakakata Kataomoi-C" and "Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou".

The actress who appears for his female sides is always different in every of his music videos too.

Tenumi

Banned
Kill la Kill: 04

Finally got this episode fully watched while trying to figure out what's going on with my zombie computer.

Episode brightened my mood. Was entertaining. Show is great. Etc.

Having caught up/reread the Yozakura Quartet and Unbreakable Machine Doll manga I am now watching them for different reasons than anticipation.

So that means that, unless I'm forgetting something, the only new show for me on mondays is Arpeggio. aka You Sunk My Battle Waifu!

cajunator

Banned
Having caught up/reread the Yozakura Quartet and Unbreakable Machine Doll manga I am now watching them for different reasons than anticipation.

So that means that, unless I'm forgetting something, the only new show for me on mondays is Arpeggio. aka You Sunk My Battle Waifu!

Unbreakable Machine Doll really isnt very good but as long as Yaya is delivering its cool with me!

What is time Bokan and the Chocolate show about?

Chocolate Elections and whatever is about your average harem MC who tries to become the student council president because otherwise his club's gonna close, and it gets really stupidly serious and melodramatic. It's mediocre but at least it had Morishita butt.

Also the ABSOLUTE WORST GIRL WINS. Awful, just awful.

Unbreakable Machine Doll really isnt very good but as long as Yaya is delivering its cool with me!

I have to disagree. While it's by no means a majestic manga/anime, especially with some of the bad CG, the fact it's a battle and mystery harem with a male protagonist that isn't a total pussy makes it stand out for me. Usually when there's a harem with loads of action it tends to be a wimpy kid that for some reason all these super powerful ladies fell in love with.

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing through this episode.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say in the first episode that
the looks and sizes of the characters were officially changed to how they look irl? Except for the sex change scene at the beginning I wouldn't know

jbug617

Banned
What is time Bokan and the Chocolate show about?

Time Bokan is a Tatsunoko title that is sort like Wacky Races.

Love, Election, and Chocolate is comedy/drama. It's about a club that fears they are going to be disbanded has someone run for president. Then you get all the comedy/drama that comes with learning on how to run an election.

Gazoinks

I have to disagree. While it's by no means a majestic manga/anime, especially with some of the bad CG, the fact it's a battle and mystery harem with a male protagonist that isn't a total pussy makes it stand out for me. Usually when there's a harem with loads of action it tends to be a wimpy kid that for some reason all these super powerful ladies fell in love with.

the looks and sizes of the characters were officially changed to how they look irl? Except for the sex change scene at the beginning I wouldn't know

Hm, I can't remember. I vaguely recall Shiroe saying his avatar was taller than his real self so he was having trouble adjusting, plus the Akatsuki thing.

cajunator

Banned
Chocolate Elections and whatever is about your average harem MC who tries to become the student council president because otherwise his club's gonna close, and it gets really stupidly serious and melodramatic. It's mediocre but at least it had Morishita butt.

Also the ABSOLUTE WORST GIRL WINS. Awful, just awful.

Oki. thanks!

Im not enjoying it as much as I expected to but its by no means bad. Its just not the greatness I wanted. Still entertaining enough to watch. And also the fact that Yaya is in it quite often.

A chocolate/sweets club member joins in the election to lead the school with some elements of a love plot going on.
tumblr_m8wczj4ROg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That doesnt look like chocolate.

Hm, I can't remember. I vaguely recall Shiroe saying his avatar was taller than his real self so he was having trouble adjusting, plus the Akatsuki thing.

Actually I think you're remembering it right. Let's hope they don't look terribly different from their real life personas if they ever meet irl.

Gazoinks

Actually I think you're remembering it right. Let's hope they don't look terribly different from their real life personas if they ever meet irl.

Akatsuki did mention that she used the potion to make her avatar more like herself so it was easier to move (plus she's sensitive about heir height). Who knows what Shiroe looks like though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom