• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

The Kuroko no Basket BS is happening again. Tsutaya removes the manga and dvds and if I had to guess they got a letter threatening the company if they kept any KnB related items.

This is also happened early this month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-dvds-manga-removed-from-tsutaya-rental-chain

I wonder how this affects sales of merch or if people just move to online purchasing for such. For as terrible as this is, the franchise always seems like its on my radar due to the news stories popping up.

SSB 7
Nice fight scene and that picture also fooled me

Yozakura Quartet 4
Pool Fanservice. Hurray
Also seems the plot is about to get serious

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... well if buying a Region A BD player is my only option I may have to give getting the YuruYuri BDs a miss. Besides they'll cost around £88 for the two which is pretty steep. Here's praying for a domestic UK release.

That and I don't even have a BD player for my own region yet (I hope to get that sorted soon) so it would be silly to buy one for another region as my first one.

BluWacky

Time to guess what series is next to get a Blu-ray box in Japan.

If you guessed Bee Train's Noir, you're 100% correct.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?25846

Ah, Noir. Back in the day when people actually liked Koichi Mashimo's post-Tylor directorial schtick! As an early digital show I can't imagine a BD version will look anything other than terrible, but there you go.

(my Mashimo drug of choice was Madlax, but purely because Noir was airing just before I got properly into anime and .hack bored me the first time I watched it, although it proved much more interesting many years later).

7Th

Ah, Noir. Back in the day when people actually liked Koichi Mashimo's post-Tylor directorial schtick! As an early digital show I can't imagine a BD version will look anything other than terrible, but there you go.

(my Mashimo drug of choice was Madlax, but purely because Noir was airing just before I got properly into anime and .hack bored me the first time I watched it, although it proved much more interesting many years later).

The first episode of Noir wasn't bad; then half of episode 2 was a recap. HALF OF EPISODE 2.

Nafe

They're romcom time travel stories set in high school. lol

Okay...Haha.

Ok, I have seen this before but didn't know its meaning.

It's a sort of anime meme I guess. There are plenty of gifs. And I guess since a lot of people here like Hyouka, they too know the pain of Senpai not noticing them.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-hope-senpai-will-notice-me

Ok, I guess it's just another case of not really being a part of the fandom of something. It's possible I've seen it before and just didn't pay it much attention but now I seem to be seeing it mentioned a lot recently.

And yet I still haven't finished that show.

Well, what's the hold up? Haha.

The festival arc in Hyouka is really good.

I thought GAF had rules against personal attacks. :(

Speaking of "attacks", Attack No. 1 showed up!
I was super excited to watch this since this show is basically Ace wo Nerae but with volleyball (and also like four times the length).

Even the OP is similar, with the enka-style song and of course, girls being hit by balls!
http://i.imgur.com/VCULtCcl.png

Also, bitchiness!
http://i.imgur.com/LwrEScxl.png

70s colour schemes!
http://i.imgur.com/NeTvGlEl.png

Haxor moves!
http://i.imgur.com/4wS1VLL.png

Cheaper versions of Dezaki postcards!
http://i.imgur.com/zQmZayf.png

That said, so far anyway, the show really isn't as good as Ace wo Nerae. It looks terrible, even by 70s anime standards where in Ace, you basically had the same 5 tennis animations looping over and over, and the main character is basically the most perfect girl ever.

But hey, 70s shoujo is 70s shoujo, and this is one of the biggest series from that era!

What's going on? Why are you watching a non-currently airing show and one from the 70's even?!

Blocked by bandai. Ponpo's on a watchlist now.

How are companies made aware of these videos anyway? It's set to private so you have to be given the URL and can't find it through search and its even given a simple title such as "LI'.

I don't know if I had even heard of NeoGaf at the time nevermind the anime threads. I forget exactly how I heard of it but rarely a few times I saw either the same gaming site or a few referencing their stories to some "NeoGaf" gaming forum.

Later around new years of 2009 I wanted to visit more of a general video gaming forum and one that got more traffic as well. I remembered about NeoGaf, so I searched it and began reading the site from there.

I saw the Rozen Maiden Overture OVAs in 2009 as well and really liked them at the time. I thought about recommending them to those who liked the new show. Even though the stories are a bit different since it went more anime original, I still thought people might like them and could maybe decide if they wanted to watch the first show in full from there or not.

cajunator

Banned
Toonami thread SAO outrage or gaming side insanity, which one is funnier?

Gaming side can be insufferable. SAO is an insufferable show but the suffering from watching it is delicious.

Since people were looking up their first posts in general anime threads, I found mine.

It wasn't very popular at the time.

I honestly cant even find mine. Its way too far back. Sometime in 2010 I think.
How do yall find yours?

Steins;Gate EP 13-16
Hoooooooly fuck

I can't do this. I can't hold these feelings back. This feels really well done compared to pretty much all the other shows involving
time travel
. Shit is real and the sacrifices made along the way may very well be permanent. I feel so bad for Daru. If it were me I wouldn't be mad at Okabe, but... I don't even know what I'd do. Mayuri was a real detective in this episode which caught me off guard, but her deductions made sense. I'm glad Suzuha at least got something tiny out of all this.

God... I had to watch some Arakawa under the bridge and Usagi Drop after episode 16. That was way too heavy an experience.

Steins; Gate rips your heart right out sometimes. It gets pretty rough. Hell of a ride. Hang in there!

BluWacky

Just to join in a bit late, I believe this was my first AnimeGAF post, although apparently I posted in a thread about FFVII Last Order before that.

I'd forgotten I'd seen episodes of Idaten Jump and Capeta!
I still stand by how much I loved Air TV eight years ago...

cajunator

Banned
Ano Natsu de Matteiru 10

Well, I guess that answers that question. And proves my suspicions right.

The last two episodes seem like they're going to be the finale, setting up whether Ichika decides to stay on Earth or return to space. So this one resolved a lot of the lingering issues. The show's message seems to have been almost entirely about the courage to risk change by expressing your feelings, and while that obviously will work out well for our leads, I'm glad they didn't forget about everyone else too much. Carrying around those emotional burdens isn't worth it.

Mio was surprisingly awesome in this episode.

So yeah, things were kinda flashback-heavy, but it was to emphasize the emotional journeys that everyone has taken so far. If things ended here, it wouldn't be super climactic, but I'd be more or less satisfied.

I hope this space stuff doesn't get too complicated.

Remon and Kanna are the reasons why I loved it so much. Otherwise it was Onegai Teacher revisited (sorta)
But WHY is this only on DVD? It was a nice looking show IMO. Shoulda been on bluray :(

Watch Fumoffu! :D

I second this or otherwise support it as necessary!

I'm even worse. The only shows I've really given a shot are Infinite Stratos and Walkure Romanze.

Actually I guess if you count anime club at my university, I'm watching Kino's Journey and Kuroko no Basket, but there's a larger point I'm trying to make. :V

Watching Kino's Journey? What episode?

duckroll

You can't really call something a Dezaki postcard unless the art is more detailed than the regular show art.

What if it's a zoom-pan on a still that's filtered with dramatic lines?

Fb1dPwg.jpg

Articalys

Oh, for anyone else who gets the TRIGGER e-mail magazine, is a "Dezaki postcard" the same thing the magazine referred to as a "Harmony" -- "a frame that is colored and completed by the background artist"?

cajunator

Banned

There needs to be a Kuroneko version of that figure now. Not that I would buy a fifth Kuroneko figure. What do I look crazy?

I've only watched the first episode of the FLCL BD so far, but I was happy enough with how it looked for an upscale.

Lol same here, although I don't own many region A BDs.

Made by Griffon, the Gonzo of figure manufacturers. RIP Kirino.

I have an upscale of ROD TV series and it really doesnt look to hot. If I remember correctly the FLCL discs look much better.

I am so sold may as well take down the sign in the yard.

I used to take this approach but frankly I can't justify the storage requirements at this time.

Where it's at:

Wonder who here is the traitor.

What is this sorcery?!

Tenumi

Banned
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go: 12

Wait, you mean to tell me that
Milk
was Milky Rose all along? NOBODY COULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT! </sarcasm>

Theonik

What's going on? Why are you watching a non-currently airing show and one from the 70's even?!
It's because Firehawk enjoys watching Hito suffer/girls getting hit with balls.

Probably auto compared to the music used on upload.
Doubt that as that's done at upload time. Also underscore in the name?

What is this sorcery?!
I should rebuy wings of honneamise in HD-DVD

cajunator

Banned
Time to guess what series is next to get a Blu-ray box in Japan.

If you guessed Bee Train's Noir, you're 100% correct.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?25846

Noir <3
Id double dip on Noir. Its time. Probably wouldnt be worth it though since the show is so old and art really wasnt its forte.

I dont care, I still love that series and Bee Train shows in general. Madlax in particular.
Part of it has to do with Yuki Kajiura's music Im quite certain, but the subject matter was pretty interesting. Madlax in particular felt like Noir turned up a notch in terms of action and story. Plus it had that neat artbox and cover art.

OceanBlue

Watching Kino's Journey? What episode?

I don't remember exactly. We're in the middle of the 2-episode tournament arc. Lol I kinda can't believe there's even a tournament arc in Kino's Journey. It's a good show, although some of the phrases that the show highlights has me wondering why they're chosen over others, and sometimes I wish a little more time was spent examining a story they were trying to tell. The story about the three men trapped in winter got a great reaction from almost everyone, including me lol.

People seem receptive to it as well and someone brought up Mushishi as a possible show to watch last semester, so maybe I can spread the good word. I'm going to see if I can get the club to play Wasurenagumo for Halloween. :D

DiGiKerot

Token "Elda Taluta" comment.

Also, that show has a pretty great soundtrack.

cajunator

Banned
I don't remember exactly. We're in the middle of the 2-episode tournament arc. Lol I kinda can't believe there's even a tournament arc in Kino's Journey. It's a good show, although some of the phrases that the show highlights has me wondering why they're chosen over others, and sometimes I wish a little more time was spent examining a story they were trying to tell. The story about the three men trapped in winter got a great reaction from almost everyone, including me lol.

People seem receptive to it as well and someone brought up Mushishi as a possible show to watch last semester, so maybe I can spread the good word. I'm going to see if I can get the club to play Wasurenagumo for Halloween. :D

Ah ok the tournament episodes were amazing. You have plenty of awesome stuff to look forward to in the second half. The show is consistently fantastic and at times an absolute masterpiece. Even by the highest standards of people other than myself.

Token "Elda Taluta" comment.

Also, that show has a pretty great soundtrack.

All the Bee Train shows with Yuki Kajiuira had great soundtracks!

CorvoSol

The Kuroko no Basket BS is happening again. Tsutaya removes the manga and dvds and if I had to guess they got a letter threatening the company if they kept any KnB related items.

This is also happened early this month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-dvds-manga-removed-from-tsutaya-rental-chain

What even is the deal with this show that this stuff happens? Is it just the BL? Cuz it all seems too small a thing to target this one show in specific. Can someone explain this?

Dynedom

Yozakura Quartet - 04

#TeamJuri

Looks like they're finally going to get the ball rolling. This is great because I need a refresher on the early story from the manga anyway.

cajunator

Banned
What even is the deal with this show that this stuff happens? Is it just the BL? Cuz it all seems too small a thing to target this one show in specific. Can someone explain this?

I dont think its the BL but someone had a personal beef with the manga-ka or some other silly thing.

From the evidence, it seems the culprit is someone with a personal grudge against the author. Someone who may have personally known the author in the past.

OceanBlue

Ah ok the tournament episodes were amazing. You have plenty of awesome stuff to look forward to in the second half. The show is consistently fantastic and at times an absolute masterpiece. Even by the highest standards of people other than myself.

Lol yeah, I was super excited to hear that people voted it in (along with Nichibros and Kuroko no Basket). My friend, who was the one to suggest it, really hyped it up for me, and I know you and a few others here have said good things about it. I love shows like this. It's fun watching it in a group too because one or two are the type who need a point in something. It leads to fun conversations. I'm really enjoying it and I can see why you recommend it so much.

jbug617

Banned

It's more that someone has a grudge with the author of the manga. They just go after anything Kuroko no Basket related.

duckroll

Pedochimo Quartet - Episode 4

1HbQm2F.jpg

CG in Yozakura? The future is here! :D

Thankfully the episode wasn't as lewd as I had anticipated. The pool stuff was barely half the episode, and there was some pretty good animation there. The licking scene was pretty unfortunate though. The opening scene with the mayors was really funny, and I was surprised that they actually followed up on the "9 year old running for mayor" thing in the actual episode. I honestly thought it was just a gag. This show is so nonsensical. Lololol.

Next week: Shit gets real. Maybe.

CorvoSol

I dont think its the BL but someone had a personal beef with the manga-ka or some other silly thing.

From the evidence, it seems the culprit is someone with a personal grudge against the author. Someone who may have personally known the author in the past.

It's more that someone has a grudge with the author of the manga. They just go after anything Kuroko no Basket related.

Well, sounds like a trip to Wikipedia is in order for me, then!

cajunator

Banned
Lol yeah, I was super excited to hear that people voted it in (along with Nichibros and Kuroko no Basket). My friend, who was the one to suggest it, really hyped it up for me, and I know you and a few others here have said good things about it. I love shows like this. It's fun watching it in a group too because one or two are the type who need a point in something. It leads to fun conversations. I'm really enjoying it and I can see why you recommend it so much.

Its my second favorite anime of all time for damned good reasons!
Ive rewatched it as recently as a couple of months ago and do so regularly. I wouldnt change a single thing about it.

So I've been reading on the subject and it seems the reason there might not be any more Shirokuma Cafe is because the anime was started without letting the mangaka know and as a protest he/she stopped doing it. Wow. That sucks for the mangaka. But I need more panda-kun.

Branduil

So I've been reading on the subject and it seems the reason there might not be any more Shirokuma Cafe is because the anime was started without letting the mangaka know and as a protest he/she stopped doing it. Wow. That sucks for the mangaka. But I need more panda-kun.

Oh yeah, I remember that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom