• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

You know how that goes. :(
That damn Kochi
it2SKhbka6vM0.gif

Jex

I'm sure UK GAF is already aware, but for those of you not in the loop the BD release of Perfect Blue has been delayed because, well, that's just what happens with anime in the UK. Still, nothing's stopping you from pre-ordering it pointlessly on Amazon. Some may consider £20 a little steep for a single movie but I have no problem paying that much for a quality product.

Theonik

I'm sure UK GAF is already aware, but for those of you not in the loop the BD release of Perfect Blue has been delayed because, well, that's just what happens with anime in the UK. Still, nothing's stopping you from pre-ordering it pointlessly on Amazon. Some may consider £20 a little steep for a single movie but I have no problem paying that much for a quality product.
I mentioned that earlier today:
Well I've never seen a BD release from them so I had no idea what to expect. And yeah I should probably wait on FLCL considering it's an upscale especially.
In unrelated news my copy of Perfect Blue seems to be mysteriously delayed on amazon. Much sadness.

Phi brain S3 - 04

Jin is mine !

NO Jin is mine ! also the Jin i know is the real one !

What are you talking about ? my memories are the real thing !

Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2004.jpg

Cubik , seriously ... this is too easy , even i could solve this one..
In short the 2 main protagonists are fighting over Jin , like 2 childs throwing a tantrum ...

And it seem that they will show ratsel in a different country , eating a different food each episode , lol ..

Theonik

I believe it already has one. I've already backed because, you know, why not.
Yes, in Japan. This is about a western 'premium' release of that set.

According to their Facebook it's packaging related, or something.
Yeah we even discussed that! Latexhius! I wonder whatever packaging issues could be. Did they forget to put the disks in the boxes before shipping them or something?

Joe Molotov

Phi brain S3 - 04

Jin is mine !

NO Jin is mine ! also the Jin i know is the real one !

What are you talking about ? my memories are the real thing !

In short the 2 main protagonists are fighting over Jin , like 2 childs throwing a tantrum ...

And it seem that they will show ratsel in a different country , eating a different food each episode , lol ..

So is Phi Brain S3 still pretty good? I've been tearing through S1, and I'm loving it so far.

Jex

Whenever I turn around it seems like Ben has thrown out another set of blog enteries. Of interest to the mecha-inclined is his pieces on the excellent OVA series Armor Hunter Mellowlink. As he mentions in his post, Mellowlink is a great, short show to watch for those who don't quite feel like jumping into the full VOTOMS series.

Theonik

Whenever I turn around it seems like Ben has thrown out another set of blog enteries. Of interest to the mecha-inclined is his pieces on the excellent OVA series Armor Hunter Mellowlink. As he mentions in his post, Mellowlink is a great, short show to watch for those who don't quite feel like jumping into the full Votoms series.
I keep forgetting to watch this. One day. When I'm not so busy. I'll probably finish Doremi by then too. Maybe.

So is Phi Brain S3 still pretty good? I've been tearing through S1, and I'm loving it so far.

unlike S2 that started very fast , S3 started slower like S1 ..

It's still good , and you feel that the payoff will be worth it already ... unless they planned to troll me for 10+ episodes and kudos for them to do that .

SO yeah , if you're liking S1 , S2 will be an overjoyment and S3 is still strong.

jman2050

This blog very likely has the worst seasonal rankings I've seen so far.

The rankings aren't so important, especially since the conceit is that they're always first episode only, I just love his commentary.

He's definitely showing his KyoAni bias putting KnK second though.

Yowamushi Pedal 4

What I like about this series is that the characters' performance in cycling isn't based on shounen hacks like some other sports series - where people win by yelling the loudest or by having the craziest supernatural powers. Instead, their performance is based on real intricacies of cycling, which makes the show educational! Plus the characters are just fun to watch; I like the decision to go with comedic post-credits scenes between them instead of traditional next-episode previews.

Now I'm wanting to get back into cycling once my ankle heals.

mhs004

Yowamushi Pedal 4

What I like about this series is that the characters' performance in cycling isn't based on shounen hacks like some other sports series - where people win by yelling the loudest or by having the craziest supernatural powers. Instead, their performance is based on real intricacies of cycling, which makes the show educational! Plus the characters are just fun to watch; I like the decision to go with comedic post-credits scenes between them instead of traditional next-episode previews.

Now I'm wanting to get back into cycling once my ankle heals.
I don't know man when the main character almost won the race I almost dropped the series. Woooow he cycles far a way every day. The other guy trains every day for races and one of the best in his age group it should not have even been a contest.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 37

Fairies strike. And it turns into a full-fledged battle before Hana-chan ends it. And we saw Fafa for what, the fifth time ever? That was pretty cool.

BTW, is there some movie-type thing I have to watch this time like with #?

Oh, next episode is about that girl that's afraid of going to school. Cool, I was wondering if we'd see her again.

mhs004

Nah if you read the manga
Sasuke comes back without any talk form Naruto.His intentions are still unclear though but he says he wants to be hokage. I think thats a red herring though

I do sadly. In my opinion
I think he will be the final bad guy. It will either end with one or both dying or Naruto talking him out of it haha.

wonzo

Banned
I don't know man when the main character almost won the race I almost dropped the series. Woooow he cycles far a way every day. The other guy trains every day for races and one of the best in his age group it should not have even been a contest.
The dude went ridiculous distances with a severe handicap (smaller gear, inadequate seat height, & heavier bike) almost every single day. It's really not that hard to believe at all.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 37

Fairies strike. And it turns into a full-fledged battle before Hana-chan ends it. And we saw Fafa for what, the fifth time ever? That was pretty cool.

BTW, is there some movie-type thing I have to watch this time like with #?

Oh, next episode is about that girl that's afraid of going to school. Cool, I was wondering if we'd see her again.

Actually yeah, there's a movie. You can watch it now. I think there was a cut off point for the movie, but you might as well watch it now.

I do sadly. In my opinion
I think he will be the final bad guy. It will either end with one or both dying or Naruto talking him out of it haha.

People have been saying that since he left Konoha. I'm going to put a little more faith in Kishi. One thing about Naruto is that its definitely not a predictable manga and Kishi actually has the guts to kill some well known characters.

mhs004

The dude went ridiculous distances with a severe handicap (smaller gear, inadequate seat height, & heavier bike) almost every single day. It's really not that hard to believe at all.

Yea it he should be a good rider with that but not the level his opponent was who as well trained every day with better training equipment and better overall training for races.

wonzo

Banned
Yea it he should be a good rider with that but not the level his opponent was who as well trained every day with better training equipment and better overall training for races.
i think you're vastly underestimating the power of SHOUNEN HAATO

Right. Onoda's major weakness at this point is endurance while sprinting, which wasn't a big issue over the short distance he was competing with Imaizumi on the steep slope. (Well, that and confidence.) Remember also that Imaizumi was hardly working for the majority of the race, while Onoda was giving 110% towards the end and unlike Imaizumi was completely exhausted after finishing. If Onoda and Imaizumi had started at the same time and been sprinting the whole way, Onoda would have surely lost.

Kyuur

Quick impressions so far from what I've watched this season!

Kyousogiga TV 00-03 - Amazing, definitely a highlight for me. Character and world design is great, and the way they are telling the story is refreshing. Sort of a combination of feel-good and tragic for me.

Galilei Donna 01-03 - Interesting concept, I like the main villain. The karate sister kind of grated on my nerves with how stupid she was being. The CG is okay sometimes and off other times. Need to see how it develops.

Gundam Build Fighters 01-03 - Went into this blind without knowing what it was going to be. Cute concept, kind of reminds me of watching Beyblade when I was a kid but with gundams. The red haired kid's hips bug the fuck out of me.

Yozakura Quartet 01-03 - Another highlight! Frantic, fast paced and fun. Some typical anime fanservice but it doesn't really bother me with how fast it is (the groping kid is pretty funny). It's a little surreal the way the characters deal with some of the situations, but that just goes with the world I guess. The language power is a really neat idea.

Kyoukai no Kanata 01-04 - Started off kind of meh and quickly evolved into something good. The world is kind of unoriginal but I am a sucker for the animation. Plus, blood as a power is always cool. Interested to see where it goes since the main plot point has been dealt with already.

Log Horizon 01-04 - It's okay, glad it's not a complete SAO clone. Watching how various gameplay systems are implemented into a virtual reality-like system is probably the most entertaining part to watch as the world, characters and plot are kind of flat.

Kill la Kill 01-04 - Awesome! Like my other two favorites so far, super fast-paced. Characters are lovable and the action and premise are great. Reminds me more of Panty & Stocking than Gurren Lagann or FLCL so far, but that could change (and it's not a bad thing!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom