• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 4

Delicious pool antics with semi-justified boob-licking! Debut of super loli imouto character! Methinks this was a good episode!

Oh and there might also have been something about an impending semi-apocalyptic event but that's clearly beside the point.

I like Yozakura Quartet more when Akina becomes a bigger character, which happens near the end of this or next arc if I recall correctly.

I'm curious. How are you guys getting all those pics/screens/gifs of the anime you're watching? Is there a browser extension or is there a software of some sort that makes it easy?

I watched Angel's Egg.

Is there a good plot analysis or explanation somewhere? Or should I just leave it be to destroy my brain like the nightmare that it is?

WprNdIe.jpg

Diabolik Lovers Episode 6.5 Recap

Well I got to see YOURS TRULY, which was fun to see again but otherwise just a nice run through of everything.
I wonder what the awakening is, and if Pancake will truly die :(

Also crunchyroll video looked awful close to the end :(
BXs9Py0CAAAzIaC.png

Unbreakable Machine-Doll 4

Yaya is still cute and Charl is such a Tsun~

Anyway, I guess I'm going to be buying the OST now.

The battle music and the one during the ceremony were absolutely splendid. If there's one thing I'll say that's been really positive about watching this show, other than the character interactions, it would be the great soundtrack.

The CG use in the action scenes is still pretty horrid. Thankfully, I kept my expectations in check after the first episode and wasn't entirely disappointed.

cnet128

Banned
Gingitsune 4

Oh hey, first episode that wasn't a one-off story!

Haru is kind of cute
for an 80-year-old
. Drama is drama. Gin is pretty awesome but we knew that already.

EDIT:
Samurai Flamenco 2-

So this is like Kick-Ass: Now with Bishounens. Also that manager was about to pull a Khan on Hanazama.

You know, I'm kind of glad I haven't seen Kick-Ass if only because it means I don't feel compelled to make this comparison like everyone else seems to.

Unbreakable Machine girl 4
Fairly cool battle. Yaya was cool and I'm still getting that Campione vibe from the show

Non Non Biyori 4
My heart has melted

jgminto

You know, I'm kind of glad I haven't seen Kick-Ass if only because it means I don't feel compelled to make this comparison like everyone else seems to.

You can't really compare it to Kick Ass outside of the vigilante superhero premise though. All the characters in Kick Ass are comic book characters doing comic book things. The characters in Samurai Flamenco feel more like real people, or at least more grounded and rational. Kick Ass is about action while Samurai Flamenco is slice of life.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You're free of your previous stockholm syndrome and can now see with open eyes.

Not really. I said Fairy Dance was good in the LN initially but I was completely wrong when I started watching it and I said it was terrible. Watching certain lines in English just... omg... lol.

Gundam Build Fighters 4

So Idoru is Sonia Strumm, and School waifu is Luna Platz. Different personalities though. Or not. Sonia is merely her alias, she's really Harp Note, sent to sabotage Geo Stelar and Omega-Xis for their upcoming battle.

Unfortunately, Geo doesn't take shit too kindly.

I think the cultural shock of hearing an english voiced girl saying how she wants to bone her cousin/brother is different than in japanese where it's fairly normal in anime.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think the cultural shock of hearing an english voiced girl saying how she wants to bone her cousin/brother is different than in japanese where it's fairly normal in anime.

Hmm... I don't really think so. I just don't think the voice actor particularly suits her and the delivery is sort of... bad. The lines are also bad lol. Translations ftw.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The White Album 2 1-4

Weak generic VN-quality backgrounds and characters aside. I'm enjoying this, it's scratching that itch I have for a "romance" anime of some sort, and it's low-key presentation and direction is refreshing, and the dialogue and characterization doesn't make me completely cringe yet.

One thing that the series genuinely does well so far is the use of music. And how it plays in the narrative is pretty awesome.

Jexhius' thread has some useful discussion about it. In short, it's a meditation on the loss of faith.
Maybe that's why I never found it as incomprehensible as some other people have. A lot of it felt really reflective of the experiences I've had regarding that.

Jarmel

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 3-

Like Hazama needs to undergo training and this is definitely Kick-Ass the show.

Yea, I'm definitely liking this. All production should indeed be rerouted to SF, fuck GD.

cajunator

Banned
Kinda want to know about an episode so nuts it was banned from TV in Japan.

It honestly isnt that bad. There's a few things.

Something I've always wondered... what's the correct pronunciation of "moe"?

Moh ay is how I say it.

I watched Angel's Egg.

Is there a good plot analysis or explanation somewhere? Or should I just leave it be to destroy my brain like the nightmare that it is?

Well the angel girl is adorable :)

Unbreakable Machine-Doll 4

Yaya is still cute and Charl is such a Tsun~

Anyway, I guess I'm going to be buying the OST now.

The battle music and the one during the ceremony were absolutely splendid. If there's one thing I'll say that's been really positive about watching this show, other than the character interactions, it would be the great soundtrack.

The CG use in the action scenes is still pretty horrid. Thankfully, I kept my expectations in check after the first episode and wasn't entirely disappointed.

Charl is ok. Shes not Yaya tier.

Yowapeda Episode 4 - Naruko Shoukichi
tumblr_mvekebspWV1qzk4cro1_500.png

Excellent addition to the cast. I think his character add something special and unique to the three characters introduced so far. While Imaizumi seemed to be focused on being more well rounded and probably hardcore, Naruko seems more concerned for speed and enduring. Good personality and really knows how to puss Onoda forward. Hopefully we can see all three come together sooner than later

I wonder if that is true about riding close together makes it easier like that. I wouldnt mind, if I had the time, to try to cycle like that and see for myself. Is the writer of the source material really experienced in cycling?

Cwarrior

According to their Facebook it's packaging related, or something.

Incidentally, Jason is wrong about Kill la Kill 4 where he implies that the episode would be improved with better animation. I think he may be missing the point of all those cheap animation gags.

All the episode so far have been really cheap and getting cheaper with each one aka lots of dragging stills across the screen,choppy animation lacking inbetweens, short looping animation and recycling a few shots, so far it's cheaper then your average anime(well the ones I've seen).

Maybe the animation has become too poor for some people to enjoy or turn a blind eye too.

Jarmel

Banned
All the episode so far have been really cheap and getting cheaper with each one aka lots of dragging stills across the screen,choppy animation lacking inbetweens, short looping animation and recycling a few shots, so far it's cheaper then your average anime(well the ones I've seen).

Maybe the animation has become too poor for some people to enjoy or turn a blind eye too.

While I do agree that the animation style is cheap, it was also intentional in the manner that it adds to the charm of the show as it's handled in a manner similar to Inferno Cop. That said, it looking cheaper than your average anime? Fuck no.

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 04

Well at the very least, they aren't deviating from the manga so that's enjoyable. Too bad I don't think they'll actually get to the points I would like to see animated.

wonzo

Banned
While I do agree that the animation style is cheap, it was also intentional in the manner that it adds to the charm of the show as it's handled in a manner similar to Inferno Cop. That said, it looking cheaper than your average anime? Fuck no.
dude its cwarrior

cajunator

Banned
Hmm... I don't really think so. I just don't think the voice actor particularly suits her and the delivery is sort of... bad. The lines are also bad lol. Translations ftw.

By the way kayos you got the Saber dress code figure right? I just got that one. God its lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom