• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Non Non Biyori episode 4

What a masterful
punch the gut
scene that was with Renge. Well done.

Ooohhhh. There's a OVA planned.

Polar Bear Cafe 25

Nobody understands fine art, and its taken to such lengths here.
poor penguin harem

Grizzly's existence continues to DTL up the show, although that last shot in the flash back.... Yep...

Can't have Polar Bear, Sasako. You can't beat Grizzly.

PSJD5zh.jpg
A1KW6OI.jpg

Tokyo Ravens 4

This show is definitely much better when it doesn't focus on the action.

Kyoko is kinda acting like a bitch right now. Hopefully, that part of her disappears in the next few episodes or else I'll end up disliking her. Will admit that she is pretty well-endowed.

Kon is cute. Not Yaya cute, but she is up there. Her threatening appearances are entertaining though.

Not a fan of that particular scene between Kon and Harutora. Would like it if none of that happened again.

Mature

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette is also about movie length, if you want something short. It's three 40-minute episodes.
I seem to remember watching this many years ago. The only thing I remember is
a lot of blood. At least in the first episode.

Polar Bear Cafe 26

Man, sucks to be Full time Panda
Can't even beat Mr. Handa in a Panda election. Can't beat Panda when he just lazed about. Although I really hope this isn't a sign that he'll leave the show

Polar Bear apparently was awesome in his past
Dropping them mad beats

Isnt it suggested that it may happen after the second movie (its an all original story) comes out.

that might be the case. No idea when the second film is supposed to take place tv series-wise. But if it is, I'll just have to be patient.

Polar Bear Cafe 26

Man, sucks to be Full time Panda
Can't even beat Mr. Handa in a Panda election. Can't beat Panda when he just lazed about. Although I really hope this isn't a sign that he'll leave the show

Polar Bear apparently was awesome in his past
Dropping them mad beats

SF6EO7y.jpg

I wish these guys had more episodes

SF6EO7y.jpg

I wish these guys had more episodes

It's what happens when guys find lives ._.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 1

Well this certainly knows how to make a great start. I mean holy shit, that OP! So Good!

And then we're greeted with very expressive... expressions, complimented with superb animation, but that's the magic of not having to be a TV anime season. More money to toss around. It also plays up who is interested in who, as Hazuki is super expressive over meeting Masaru's dad. Momoko and Onpu don't really play much of a role in this episode though.

Doremi's dialogue and actions are soooo good. Who would've thought she was truly perverted? Listening into people's conversations...
while the boys were in the bathroom no less.
Nevermind Highschool Doremi was a great design, better than High school Aiko and Hazuki at least. (A bit surprised that no one noticed it was them). But her complete apathy while the three of them were stalking the boys riding to Fuji was just... damn.

Commentary on Kotake... Hmm... well I do enjoy that he nearly made Doremi blow her cover twice. And he wasn't a dick at least. Although... coming back to Aiko and Hazuki, their actions were pretty damn good, so manipulative and mischievious. We're definitely off to a great start.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 43

Momoko lived in New York, right? No way in hell that was New York at Christmas time. People were wearing t-shirts and light clothing and shit. Do you know what New York is like at Christmas time? Fucking cold, that's what.

Still a nice episode anyway though. Though I don't remember them being able to communicate with other animals when they were animals, seems that would have been more prominent. Probably just a result of the Magical Stage they used.

Quasar

Tokyo Ravens #4 - Thats a bit different. Wonder if this is the standard setup now. The whole magical school setup with 'big metaplot' behind the scenes that the trio get involved with. Kind of harry potterish in that. Like Kon already.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 2

Forgot to mention that the ED sure is something...

You know, for all the comparisons of Mary to Tamaki Reika.....

Holy shit, you would think they were twins seperated at birth! I mean... I think I saw Mary before, but don't remember, but she looks like Reika.... straight to her hair style. Only difference was the difference in tone.

However... it's like they moved faster to show how lonely she was, because the kids started treating her like shit immediately after she cheated on those brownies. So in a way, this episode leads to confuse things for the most part, probably assuming that Mary was kind of a dick after Momoko sees Monroe as a witch, but considering what they displayed, it's like... I don't know... maybe it's because... we were exposed more to Reika, because the brief display of Mary's attitude wasn't enough to show that she was exactly like her, and on top of that, it actually makes Momoko look really bad because she still didn't like her after that event. If anything, it's like the Japanese version of someone you hate is probably a bigger dick than the American version.

Theonik

Tiger and Bunny 09
Lmao at Blue Rose realising Kotetsu actually has a daughter.
Also dragon whatever isn't a shota? This was a good episode and she certainly jumped quite a few spaces in my ranking.
Anyway, pretty fun episode and Tiger is still the main pillar of the show. True bro chara.

Tiger and Bunny 10-12
And suddenly plot! I wonder what J's power is. Also Tiger in the ICU is kinda tense but we know what is going to happen so not really. Barnaby looks to have figured it out though.

Hey guys, with Halloween coming up, I need some anime recs that are 2SPOOKY.
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness

cajunator

Banned
Oh, that's right, there were enough music sales last week to make them worth posting:

New CD Singles Oct. 21-27

For comparision, Preserved Roses debuted at 115,074 sales in its first week.

Also, the Kill Me Baby CD+OVA is now up to 8,708.

Niiiice. KMB should sell well. Because thats why.

I finally found the anime I was looking an hour for, it was called Happy Lesson. I was trying to remember a show that I watched that had some weird story involving teachers living with someone.

The dude happens to live with 5 of his teachers, not 2, or 1 like an understandable anime. 5!!!! Also I think they fight over being his mom.

Why did I watch this? I barely remember anything about this show except the art teacher. Looking back I still can't believe this show had 2 seasons, an OVA, and a special.

Happy Lesson is rad. I used to watch it a lot. Still got the DVDs actually.
The ending song Tokyo Life is so catchy.

Some more final box/disc art for some of Sentai's releases:

Sweetness. Cant wait for Jinrui :D
Did SSY ever get licensed?

Right Stuf preorders are up for Sentai's February releases as well:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?25859&p=211581&viewfull=1#post211581

I'll spare most people the extra click and provide the Hidamari Sketch BD listing right now.

EEEEEEEEEEEE
Order placed!

Please buy Humanity Has Declined.

I'm on it bro.

The Curse Of Kazuo Umezu

I was gonna post this.

To be honest, there's really not that much horror anime compared to horror manga. There's a metric fuckton of horror manga out there, but horror anime is pretty rare, oddly.

There are a bunch of good psychological thrillers, though.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask a quick question: is Right Stuf a trustworthy place to buy anime dvds/blu-rays? Up until now, I've only ever bought physical copies from conventions or stores like HMV, so I'm not quite sure which sites are best for this kind of shopping.

Specifically, I'm looking at an Aniplex title.

Phi Brain s3 Episode 4
tumblr_mvfs2h1v531qiiqdno1_500.jpg

That had to be one of the easiest puzzles of sorts in the anime, I knew the answer before he even needed to expand it
though all those hints and its not like itd be turly anything else than that number for one of the portions to form Phi

The friendship lesson of coming together, eating something to sit and think, and then recognize what common ground may be shared between people on opposite sides was nice. I liked that small minor moment.

Looking forward to next episode, preview shots look pleasing to me.

cajunator

Banned
At least they decided to put the true OTP of the show on one of the disc covers.

This show looks kinda neat. Was interested in seeing it. Is it worth it?

Tokyo Ravens status:

[ ]Picked up
[ ]PICKED UP
[XXXXXXXXXXXXXX]TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL

FUWAFUWA~
I gotta say I really love your enthusiasm for fluffy things. I very much share it.

I didn't expect, of all things, an Oreimo reference in the Blazblue Chronophantasma achievements. Though I suppose it makes sense, since Yuuichi Nakamura voices both Terumi and Kyosuke.

俺様のゲージがこんなに溜まりやすいわけがない
Ore-sama no gauge ga konna ni tamari yasui wake ga nai
which roughly translates to "There's no way my gauge (meter) can be this easy to gain"

One of my friends mentioned this achievment and I just explained this to him lol.
Its a fun game. Platinum is so hnnng.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask a quick question: is Right Stuf a trustworthy place to buy anime dvds/blu-rays? Up until now, I've only ever bought physical copies from conventions or stores like HMV, so I'm not quite sure which sites are best for this kind of shopping.

Yes, Ive ordered 30% of my anime from rightstuf and usually aniplex titles from them (SAO, Durarara!! BD Lunchbox set, BLue Exorcist BD set etc).

Branduil

I've never had any problems with RightStuf.

Narag

Aku no Hana 2

QC3cJmol.jpg

That's a sweet background.

All that guilt and all that tension. I'm surprised he didn't just ditch the evidence but that's the peril of being young and stupid. God damn @
Saeki out of nowhere at the end though. lol

Nakamura's predatory stares kept reminding me of something I'd seen before. It took me a bit before I realized they reminded me of the death stares Griffith would shoot people in Berserk.

Narag

Been ordering from them for years. Legit site.

Aku no Hana 2

All that guilt and all that tension. I'm surprised he didn't just ditch the evidence but that's the peril of being young and stupid.

It's also the result of being conflicted between one part of him that's disgusted by keeping the gym clothes and one part of him that wants to hold on to them and cherish them.

Nafe

I'm going to see if I can get the club to play Wasurenagumo for Halloween. :D

That's a good choice. Hopefully your club ends up watching it as it's good anyway.

Firehawk lied, Hito died. :(

Zombikage.

Kyousogiga. It has Rie Kugimiya and shes not a tsundere!

Yeah, I quite like the voice Rie Kugimiya is using for Koto in Kyousogiga. Not as high pitched as a lot of her other characters. I was wondering if she's used it for other characters and someone mentioned it sounded similar to the girl she voices in Gintama.

If you are into 70s shoujo anime, this is the most hype anime to watch because it is both "famous" but also relatively unknown by virtue of being lost to time. It's almost like one of those 1000-episode anime that are still airing in Japan that we never hear about. lol

Oh, so it's the kind of show that allows you to be part of the in crowd and yet hipster at the same time! Haha.

Gundam Build Fighters 4
Dames ruining everything.

gundam build fighters 4

you can't trust women. only embrace the trusting arms of men.

How rude. :(

Gundam Build Fighters 4
Fuck, I love this show. It's the kind of thing I'd rush home to watch after school back in the day.
I rush home to watch it after work nowadays.

Haha, I figured your spoiler was going to be something like that.

Ah, that certainly makes sense then. Time to go through the rodeo again. lol

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that there's no way for this show to hit any kind of mainstream outside of Japan. It's impossible to stream because of how it is released, and even if they put it on TV, it'd have to be butchered to fit a 20 minute time slot. Too bad.

I don't know how all the show licensing works but isn't it possible that a site like Crunchyroll could get the BD version of the show after it's been released and put it in as part of their catalogue or archive shows or whatever they refer to non-currently airing shows as?

Ringing Bell

I don't think I saw anyone respond to this post of yours but just to let you know, I read it. I can't really comment unfortunately but I believe Branduil and icarus were talking about this show a few months ago as well and it sounds like it might be something interesting to take a look at.

Why the fuck is it blue?

It's what made everyone in the cast stupid!

Part of it could be that Cecilia has a blue uniform amongst the group and there was also that bit of a gag in the first season that people from Britian can't cook/aren't very good cooks.

He's on twitter now.

Did something happen where he doesn't want to post on NeoGaf anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom