• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

A good rule of thumb is to avoid the non-mainline titles. You will have less ulcers. I actually went back to Z2.2 after suffering through a few stages of UX. Goddamn is that game bad/boring.

I'm at the last stage now. In Stage 58, Setsuna becomes so overpowered with the Innovator skill that I kinda feel bad for the generic enemies. His Counter Lv7 plus the insanely high skill he has makes it such that the opponent dies on their own turn without even getting to attack.

In terms of just being unfair,
Setsuna > Aquarion guys > Suzaku > Chirico > Simon

I only use Suzaku and Simon out of that lot, haha. I wish I could get me some ZZ Gundam, though. It's a damn shame all my favorite units are spread out instead of in one game.

If you're three eps into the Angel Cop dub and you find it boring, cut your losses and move on. You're supposed to have seen some of the good eps already. I forget which is which, but I do know that 6 is a boring one.

Well there's been some WTF stuff but the show is all around boring aside from the gore.

Take tonight's episode for example!

Angel Cop 4

So they psychics have a feud and the little girl comes to warn an old man who won't shut his mouth despite her repeated warnings that he will die. Then he dies. Graphically. Just like EVERYONE in this show. So the two "good" psychics rush off to save MEGA MUSCLE BROCK and NERD WOMAN from doom . . . and fail because instead of saving them they don't do anything helpful at all. Then Angel shows up and does less helpful things. Lucifer, who is a blonde woman dressed like a cheap whore, rips open NERD WOMAN's blouse, fondles her boob, then kills her. Then kills MEGA BROCK.

It's all sort of comically violent, really. You can't take it seriously because you have no reason to. The villain is OP without explanation, and she just sort of murders people for the sake of being an OVA with blood and boobs.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 44

Man, Aiko's parents love her and they're very well-meaning people, but they really do put her through an awful lot of crap. Getting laid off is very unfortunate and tough, but did you really have to say those things about Aiko dude? C'mon man.

And damn, Reika's dad comes up big. And Reika herself for that matter. She seems similar to who she was at the beginning of the Doremi series, but she's changed quite a bit. Or she's just more willing to let people see these sides of her.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Corvo: Oh yeah, something you should probably know. In Angel Cop the bad guys are all Jews, but the English translation omits this.

wonzo

Banned
savinganime43.jpg

lwadiana.gif

zeroshiki

I only use Suzaku and Simon out of that lot, haha. I wish I could get me some ZZ Gundam, though. It's a damn shame all my favorite units are spread out instead of in one game.

SRW Alpha 3 has pretty all the units you'd ever want (it doesn't have Geass and E7 unfortunatly because they didn't exist yet). Bonus, no Destiny either.

Suzaku with the Geass curse on and low life is pretty unbeatable.

CorvoSol

Corvo: Oh yeah, something you should probably know. In Angel Cop the bad guys are all Jews, but the English translation omits this.

Wait, what? I haven't seen this mentioned even once in the sub. Hmmm.

SRW Alpha 3 has pretty all the units you'd ever want (it doesn't have Geass and E7 unfortunatly because they didn't exist yet). Bonus, no Destiny either.

Suzaku with the Geass curse on and low life is pretty unbeatable.

But it doesn't have FMP. :/

Dual! Parallel Troubles 5

Bwahahaha, harem antics. Now all the women live in the same house as our Tenchi-Shinji!

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 44

Man, Aiko's parents love her and they're very well-meaning people, but they really do put her through an awful lot of crap. Getting laid off is very unfortunate and tough, but did you really have to say those things about Aiko dude? C'mon man.

And damn, Reika's dad comes up big. And Reika herself for that matter. She seems similar to who she was at the beginning of the Doremi series, but she's changed quite a bit. Or she's just more willing to let people see these sides of her.

To the first paragraph, I made a mention of her family life for Episode 40, because of the flashbacks she has for it. It was the part that really stuck out a lot to display just how shit her family life is.

zeroshiki

But it doesn't have FMP. :/

I want to say FMP units are too tiny to be realistically in a SRW title but they've pretty much thrown that out the window with recent games so I'll just say that its probably best to give up on the idea of FMP in a mainline SRW game since it never came out while it was popular.

CorvoSol

I want to say FMP units are too tiny to be realistically in a SRW title but they've pretty much thrown that out the window with recent games so I'll just say that its probably best to give up on the idea of FMP in a mainline SRW game since it never came out while it was popular.

Even though the official specs list them as short (about the size of Geass mecha), the ones shown in the anime were definitely the same height as UC Gundams, or approximately the same proportions.

Syrinx

To the first paragraph, I made a mention of her family life for Episode 40, because of the flashbacks she has for it. It was the part that really stuck out a lot to display just how shit her family life is.

Yeah the flashbacks can be very telling. But I don't quite remember the one in ep.40 being particularly indicative of that...Refresh my memory.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 4

The episode title for this is "Non-standard, Onpu's Secret".

They really meant non-standard. This really isn't like a standard episode of Doremi. I mean, for starters, Onpu has the focus. Everyone else barely matters. They're just there to go "Oh hay, Onpu's amazing", and she's in a I don't really care mood. Well not that dickish.

I think a way to put it is that she's having a Risette (not the user) moment, and it spends the episode using imagry, and music, as well as movie scenes to depict her train of thought throughout the episode. Little Onpu is adorable as fuck though.

Man, they really put a lot of effort into this episode, and it makes me really happy considering I'm a fan. Although... it can tone down on reminding me she has swimsuit shoots. Poor Malnourished children.

Used my headphones for this episode, and it really breathes life into some of the BGM I've heard many times throughout watching this series.

Yeah the flashbacks can be very telling. But I don't quite remember the one in ep.40 being particularly indicative of that...Refresh my memory.

I think a better way of putting it is that the flashbacks depict that Aiko didn't have a shitty life. She actually had a rather happy one. Those flashbacks aren't stating that those moments for her were shitty, it's just everything after that became progressively shittier for her the moment her grandmother died. That's what I found damning about those scenes when you consider Toei is afraid to give her a bone.

EDIT: @Hitokage, I see.

Syrinx

I think a better way of putting it is that the flashbacks depict that Aiko didn't have a shitty life. She actually had a rather happy one. Those flashbacks aren't stating that those moments for her were shitty, it's just everything after that became progressively shittier for her the moment her grandmother died. That's what I found damning about those scenes when you consider Toei is afraid to give her a bone.

EDIT: @Hitokage, I see.

Hmm. I see. NOw that you mention it, I think this was the episode where she had that flashback to visiting her grandmother's grave with her parents, and her grandfather was there, and then all that. But yeah. That started the decaying, and then
the miscarraige
finished it off.

Part of the reason it's so hard to watch these episodes with Aiko and her parents is because she really wants her parents to get back together and to go back to the way things were, and I just can't see it happening. And if they did, like Aiko's father seems to sorta want to do, I really can't see it ending any other way but painfully for Aiko, and she's been through enough with them.

Hmm. I see. NOw that you mention it, I think this was the episode where she had that flashback to visiting her grandmother's grave with her parents, and her grandfather was there, and then all that. But yeah. That started the decaying, and then
the miscarraige
finished it off.

Part of the reason it's so hard to watch these episodes with Aiko and her parents is because she really wants her parents to get back together and to go back to the way things were, and I just can't see it happening. And if they did, like Aiko's father seems to sorta want to do, I really can't see it ending any other way but painfully for Aiko, and she's been through enough with them.

To be fair though, it's part of what makes Aiko's character appealing... or at least, she's willing to do something about her situation unlike a certain someone.

The only thing it makes me question though..... well it's Why isn't Aiko green? Considering how much they hate green mahous, it would make perfect sense for that, unless they feel the green shirt is enough.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be fair though, it's part of what makes Aiko's character appealing... or at least, she's willing to do something about her situation unlike a certain someone.

The only thing it makes me question though..... well it's Why isn't Aiko green? Considering how much they hate green mahous, it would make perfect sense for that, unless they feel the green shirt is enough.
Why are you even asking this?

Aiko is Blue. Totally blue. *plays harmonica with melancholy*

I believe someone here said "Yamatogawa doesn't deserve this". RIP decent hentai manga adaptations.

idk, its the same folks that did pisu hame i think. it looks pretty ok and i like how they try to go frame by frame of the manga as much as possible, even though the animation could look a bit flash like.

better than naruto.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 45

I'm not sure what I expected for Kayoko's reasons for being so afraid to go to school. And the individual things by themselves didn't really justify the whole thing. But I think I can actually understand how she felt. Not any one thing really, just that feeling that everywhere you go, you're a liability, that you cause problems for everybody and don't bring any solutions, and that these people would probably be better off without you dragging them down. I kinda appreciate how her fear wasn't really triggered by something traumatic, cause I don't know how they would do that without being cliche, but more that feeling of "If I go back in there, will it be the same? Will I be just a boulder holding everyone down?" In the end, she just needed somebody like Doremi to listen to her and let her know that all of these things were not her fault and that she is a good person who people want to have around.

And this episode had Hana-chan wearing a Santa outfit. They could make a whole episode with just that and I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Why are you even asking this?

Aiko is Blue. Totally blue. *plays harmonica with melancholy*

Because they hate her.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 5

Pop and Hana time! With... Body swaps! Insert drug metaphors here

Some interesting shots as it progressed. One of which I really liked was when everything was about to break loose, Doremi just fucking shows up like a mysterious hero (except not really) saving Hana in Pop's body (and Pop's reputation) using drug metaphors, and she finishes her speech as a silhouette, suddenly vanishing like the wind.

Other than that, it's a fine display of just how well siblings know each other, while also being funny. Although... I wonder how Pop will explain Hana peeing her bed.

EDIT: next episode seems really interesting... because Baaya is actually getting an episode.

EDIT 2: @Hitokage
When does cancer come in?

Articalys

For the Monogatari Series Second Season, Luna Haruna sang the ending theme for Nekomonogatari White and Kabukimonogatari, and Marina Kawano sang the next ending theme for Otorimonogatari and Onimonogatari. So who do you get do sing the final ending theme of the season?

Why, both of them together, of course.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/music/ed03.html

The Koimonogatari ending theme "snowdrop" will be a duet between Luna Haruna and Marina Kawano.

By the way, what's your favorite theme music from all of the Monogatari Series so far?

Figured it was far off.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 6

Backstory on Baaya... I didn't know she got hair boners when she was much younger.

And it's sad too ._. Being old lets you remember the good times though. Not Baaya old, but I think it's something each and everyone of us understands
ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A GAMER. How else do you explain people thinking the N64 was good?

I'm not sure if I should count Naisho in the final rankings though. It seems unfair since it's much shorter and therefore is much more consistent.

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 7

Majo Rika went broke because of a fad.

They called it. They knew it was going to be a fad. THEY JUST KNEW ASSORTED TAIYAKI was a fad! But they went with it just to make this kid feel better.

Died faster than the Wii.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah it's a pretty shitty situation for the creators. If people who aren't really familiar with anime can watch Attack on Titan I'm certain that there's a sizable Western sci-fi fanbase who'd lap up Yamato even with it's occasionally distracting anime trappings. I mean, obviously, Star Blazers was huge in the US but no-one knows what the hell that is now.
There's always Enron. lol
I guess we'll never know. I mean, there hasn't really been any news of the dub being presented anywhere since AX ended and now it just seems to be over and dead. I'd be happy with an American re-release at this point.

I can't recommend Dusk Maiden of Amnesia enough
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12445
enough. It never gets 3spooky5me but it does have an eerie side to it alongside the ghost girlfriend hijinks (like the cause of her death).
I guess I never thought of Dusk Maiden as being conventionally horror, but I guess it is. lol

Oh, so it's the kind of show that allows you to be part of the in crowd and yet hipster at the same time! Haha.
It's not hipster to like old things! It only is if you do it ironically!
I don't know how all the show licensing works but isn't it possible that a site like Crunchyroll could get the BD version of the show after it's been released and put it in as part of their catalogue or archive shows or whatever they refer to non-currently airing shows as?
The problem is that there is a US company that supposedly owns some of the rights to the show. I have no idea if it's all rights or broadcast rights or whatever, but there's one of the hang ups.
They probably are asking for a fair bit of money as well, since it is a "big" franchise... that, and, at the time anyway, they probably didn't want to cannibalize their own sales given how they were putting it out in this weird way.

cajunator

Banned
Hi Anime GAF!

What's the latest cool slice of life anime, or is Space Brothers still the shit?

Love Lab
Space Bros never stopped being good.

Okay Anime gaf, I've got a challenege. Today one of my friends said to me,

"You know an anime is shit when it has lots and lots of fan service."

I was like........oh shit you've got a point. I thought hard and all I could come up with was Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion. Though I think we can exclude Evangelion because some the scenes were deliberately used for character portrayal. I guess the suits and Rei were the only things but she says it was hardly a frequent thing.

So are there any anime (it would better it was recent) thats has lots of fan service and is still a really good anime?

Yes, lots. Gurran Lagann or by old Gainax for example.

Monogatari in general is awesome and it's practically made of fanservice. Same goes for Kill la Kill, though in a rather different way.

Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai 4

And so the arc ends. I dunno, the story still isn't really doing anything to hook me, and this was a fairly generic first arc, but the vaguely interesting world and the cuteness of the Yaya are making me want to stick with the series regardless. =/

If you include male gaze practically every anime has fanservice.

What exactly is male gaze?

Blaz Blue 04

This anime is bad. But not bad enough to drop. So uh. I guess it's a guilty pleasure.

But does it have Makoto? thats the important part really.

Any reason Zoku Sayonara Zestubou Sensei (second season) is so much different than the first? It's like extremely abstract humor compared to the more full first season. Are the rest of the seasons like this?

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 8

Miyamoto is a pervert, and it got Onpu in trouble. His actions resurfaced OG Onpu where she was a jerk. Damn you Miyamoto, all because you were using a euphemism to touch a girls flute. How could you!

She even PAID for your mistake, and told the Vice principal to fuck off.... Actually, props to her to telling him to fuck off. He's a cunt. But still.

Onpu's dad is a boss though. HE UNDERSTANDS!

The last couple minutes though... not sure if want Because of how close Onpu moved towards Miyamoto to tell him to confess to this one chick he liked, the one the flute belongs to.
That fucker got friendzoned. That's what he gets!

What's with Onpu making lewd references? "One more person joined my fanclub" I hope it's not what I think it meant.
This isn't the one I thought I meant, but I think it's more of how Onpu seemed to revert back to her old self, that she brain washed him, but that doesn't work here. I really hope it wasn't a sexual metaphor. GO WITH DOREMI DAMN IT!

Nordicus

Natsume Yuujinchou

I don't get Madara's actions, so much in fact that it honestly bothers me and hinders my enjoyment of the series a bit.

So, Natsume promises that he'll give Madara the yuujinchou if he ever happens to die. And this deal turns worse for Madara day after day because Natsume keeps returning names from it to their original owners, not to mention that he works as Natsume's bodyguard despite saying pretty explicitly that he's waiting for a strong yokai to straight up murder Natsume so he can get the book quickly.

He assaults Natsume in the beginning and tries to kill him in his sleep the following night, so it's not that his constant reminders of their deal were merely Madara tsundere'ing it up.

Madara talks like a villain yet he puts his own life in danger to protect Natsume. I don't get it. He should honestly just bite Natsume's head off and simply take the yuujinchou. In later seasons Madara's actions will undoubtly make more sense because by that time their friendship will have actually been established, but Madara's initial heel-face turn comes so abruptly that it's simply infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom