• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 9

HOLY SHIT

Fucking Baseball somehow makes one of the best episodes of this set, and on the high tier of Doremi episodes!

It's like the Kendo episode... similar premise, but OVER THE TOP in comparison! So much energy was overflowing from this episode it's fantastic. Fucking animation, fucking expressions that beat even modern day anime (not that hard sadly). This episode is a fucking treat.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Boy for sure.

Seconded

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I gotta watch this show just for this goddess.

I would have to agree. Holy shit.

Hey guys, with Halloween coming up, I need some anime recs that are 2SPOOKY.

Tweeny Witches
Boogiepop Phantom
Paranoia agent
Moon Phase

Tokyo Ravens status:

[ ]Picked up
[ ]PICKED UP
[XXXXXXXXXXXXXX]TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL

FUCK YEAH.

That looks like a bloody cotton ball. Did she just perform unlicensed oral surgery?
smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emoticon.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh so the LWA BD is actually region free. Maybe I should buy it to support region free releases.

But then again £35+ for a 24min episode… I enjoyed it but not to that extent.

cajunator

Banned
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask a quick question: is Right Stuf a trustworthy place to buy anime dvds/blu-rays? Up until now, I've only ever bought physical copies from conventions or stores like HMV, so I'm not quite sure which sites are best for this kind of shopping.

Specifically, I'm looking at an Aniplex title.

FUCK YES. BEST SITE EVER.
Dont even doubt them for a second. I 10000000000000000% recommend that site to buy anime. End of story.

After being dragged onto it a while ago, I've found it's pretty much what you make it to be.

Twitter is good for squee pics that make Cajun happy!
Also some people dont post much on Gaf but are active there for some reason.

I feel like one of these is on the list. ATM I'm still drudging through Angel Cop. Since I'm done with Ace Attorney now, I will be able to watch animu again.

I made a mistake and made a comment about centaurs once. Never again.

50 bucks is a big deal, man.

Mars of Destruction is. Its worth watching.

How long does it approximately take for them to process an order?

Same day its ordered. Rightstuf is absolutely the most fuckawesome website for anime ordering that exists. Period.
Ive bought hundreds of things from them for a decade and not even once have they fucked up an order.

cajunator

Banned

These are my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2lzNx5aD4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6B69sFsi4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65S1Ze-bJo

I just recieved mine too!

BlazBlue - Alter Memory 04

Those adorable Kaka Kittens.

Nii-sama! Nii-sama!

Yes, anyone would be memorized by Ragna's abs.

Too bad the anime sucks because Chrono Phantasma is a kick ass game. Cant wait for Kokonoe for obvious reasons.

cajunator

Banned
I use this:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83584

Nice and neat and works on multiple websites.

I use that youtubeme extension. works like a charm! Neogaf Mobile does essentially the same thing by default.

You mean TRIGGER THANK YOU

*feels strangely unloved*

SO sorry. I multi quote so much stuff sometimes I forget to respond to all of it.
I was quoting that to agree with you basically lol.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I seem to recall there's a reason behind there having a mental model of the ship to do in part with some decision or experiment made by the fleet as a whole towards humanity. It's been a while since I've read the series.

Also, it's worth noting that the bodies they use are pretty much expendable since they've been made from nanomaterial (I think), the only key portion of them they need to look after is their core. There's a fight later on that makes a deal about that.

Thank you. That's all I really need.... an assurance that the show is trying to keep a consistent internal logic.

sol_bad

Quick question guys. What shows are worth watching with the new season?

Last season I started and am watching Attack on Titan, Gargantia, Valvrave and Flowers of Evil. All 4 shows are pretty darn good in their own ways, Valvrave is especially insane soI'll obviously keep watching season 2 of that.

Are there any other new shows that people are consistently enjoying or anything unique worth checking out? I've looked through the shows on the first page and also looked at Crunchyrolls listings but nothing really jumped out at me.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cajunator

Banned

Last season I started and am watching Attack on Titan, Gargantia, Valvrave and Flowers of Evil. All 4 shows are pretty darn good in their own ways, Valvrave is especially insane soI'll obviously keep watching season 2 of that.

Are there any other new shows that people are consistently enjoying or anything unique worth checking out? I've looked through the shows on the first page and also looked at Crunchyrolls listings but nothing really jumped out at me.

Golden Time for sure

cnet128

Banned

Kill la Kill is the big standout of the season. Kyousougiga seems to be the favourite of a lot of people. And I'd say Samurai Flamenco is also well worth checking out.

wonzo

Banned
Oh so the LWA BD is actually region free. Maybe I should buy it to support region free releases.

It comes with an artbook, the soundtrack and there's even a fully subtitled hour long making of documentary. Well worth the price when combined with the high quality packaging.

cajunator

Banned
It comes with an artbook, the soundtrack and there's even a fully subtitled hour long making of documentary. Well worth the price when combined with the high quality packaging.

Yeah it has schwag out the wazoo. What a god-tier packaging. Worth every cent!

Stulaw

Yowamushi Pedal 1-4
Great Manga being made into an Anime, I knew it was happening but didn't realise it was this season.

Monogatari S2 17
So they decided to go back to just after they found Hachikuji in their own dimension. Koyomi really has the girls falling for him.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon 01

This is way better than SAO.
Better setting, better ideas. Smarter characters. CUTER.
AKATSUKI IS A GODDESS
I shall watch more!

The actual price to get LWA to the UK from the GSC store is more like £70+. It's £53 before customs thanks to their mandatory 2.5K EMS charge. Basically, get somebody in Japan to send it to you SAL if you want to pay the same price as Americans.

cajunator

Banned
The actual price to get LWA to the UK from the GSC store is more like £70+. It's £53 before customs thanks to their mandatory 2.5K EMS charge. Basically, get somebody in Japan to send it to you SAL if you want to pay the same price as Americans.

Its worth whatever they want.
Its very nice quality product.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does Trigger's site not ship to the UK then or is it just as bad?

I mean wonzo was almost winning me over with the sales pitch but then you popped in like a toxic stealth fart and wafted up my nostrils with that £70 clanger.

Does the Trigger's site not ship to the UK then or is it just as bad?

I mean wonzo was almost winning me over with the sales pitch but then you popped in like a toxic stealth fart and wafted up my nostrils with that £70 clanger.

Ah my bad, I mean Trigger store. GSC is their distributor and the EMS charge is the same so I think it's just a different store front for the same operation. I own it, but I didn't buy from the store directly because Parcel Force customs are guaranteed on EMS items with a £13.50 handling fee.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I know no one in Japan who could send me it so I guess I'll have to pass. If they offered SAL I may have considered it since I always get that via Royal Mail (well for now, I seem to also be getting TNT in area now due to the privatisation of our post so hopefully I'm not going to be suddenly be screwed by increased handling fees in the future when I never asked for this) which has the advantage of the sorting office being around the corner and cheaper fees.

I have an Isabelle Nendo on the way so I guess we'll see how my import costs in teh future are gonna be,

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 9

HOLY SHIT

Fucking Baseball somehow makes one of the best episodes of this set, and on the high tier of Doremi episodes!

It's like the Kendo episode... similar premise, but OVER THE TOP in comparison! So much energy was overflowing from this episode it's fantastic. Fucking animation, fucking expressions that beat even modern day anime (not that hard sadly). This episode is a fucking treat.

This is the kind of episode I come back to watch when I want a good laugh.

I mean Dokkaan 49-51.

Hmmm, I would not recommend this. It would be better to stop at 46 and watch 47-51.

I get what you mean. =____=

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
But its not shit. Its very special!

Oh it's special. But it's painful. Oh so very painful. There's bad, then there's shit, then there's shit-so-bad-it's-funny, then there's Mars on the ow-my-head-make-it-stop Ring of Hell.

If you're not watching KILL la KILL, you need to be watching KILL la KILL.

Theonik

Later this week I might watch Black Lion or start Mad Bull 34.
Why not both! Well worth it for either for different reasons.

Yes.

Most Japanese releases are region-free, and yes it includes ENG subs as well as translations for the artbook.

Does Trigger's site not ship to the UK then or is it just as bad?

GSC owns Trigger and are handling the merchandising. Unfortunately for the UK the only shipping option is EMS for 2500 yen and that's before the HMRC gets their filthy mitts on it which with EMS is assured.
Also Parcelfarce delivers EMS mail in the UK.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Japan EMS transfers to USPS Express here in the states, which usually makes the whole shipment second day air without too much fuss. Sorry to hear it's otherwise for you guys.

Japan EMS transfers to USPS Express here in the states, which usually makes the whole shipment second day air without too much fuss. Sorry to hear it's otherwise for you guys.

The time isn't the bad thing for me, Parcelforce always charge me some shipping fee and EMS is guaranteed custom charges :(

SAL only deliveries please.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly I had no idea EMS was so bad I just happened to choose SAL the first time I ordered from AmiAmi and was happy enough with the delivery to continue using it.

Knowing that I dodged the Parcelforce bullet is good to know. However like I said I now risk having TNT dealing with my deliveries and if you know about my previous experience with them (LEGO VW camper an) you know I'm not a fan.

But yeah, looks like LWA is going to have few sales in the UK now.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 4

I like the way noses are drawn. Otherwise this was a training episode with lots of boring talking and - what the hell
he was hiding inside the horse
?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom