• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

il sole penetra le ilussioni (ending)

errr, dissapointing...

(il sole and madoka spoilers)

It looked like there was going to be tragedy and lost, instead absolutely nothing happens. Ginka just come back from nowhere after being stabbed in front of everyone, Luna goes back to normal, Seira recovers her powers and Akari is too awesome and "cleanses" her past to go back and get the glory of an anticlimatic fight with a "ghost mom holding hands" moment.

The equivalent of this in Madoka would have been Madoka defeating the Witch in one strike and then making Mami and Sayaka appear again from thin air to end marrying Homura :p

It had its moments but overall pretty disappointing, I think this had much more potential. And there is a ton of plot holes and deus ex, it´s like they had a specific direction and they changed it in middle way.

Anyway, with this, Rozen Maiden and Love Lab finished I can now finish Uchoten (yay!) and start selecting what I'm going to watch this season.

yami4ct

Coppelion 01

Never seen something simultaneously so pretty and so ugly. The art underneath the filter is really quite good. It has a nice style and the sweeping vistas of the uninhabited landscape can really be quite breathtaking . Then, they throw that ugly crap on top of it and muddle it all to hell.

Other than the visual issues, I really liked this first episode. Great scifi premise, the character's all have good chemistry together and the world is one I'm interested to see more of. As a piece of sci-fi, I'm really enjoying this one. Excited to see more. If they can deliver on what the first episode hinted at, this is going to be a really interesting series to see play out.

Jarmel

Banned
So I just read half of the first chapter for KnK and one thing that stood out is how they upped Mirai's moe factor. She's somewhat clumsy and incompetent but they took it to a different level in the show itself. They did tone down Akihito as he is way too fetishist in the LN.

Branduil

I don't remember, is Beyond the Boundary another light novel entered into KyoAni's contest that they didn't think was good enough for a prize but somehow is good enough for an anime?

Looks like Aniplex is doing full-page newspaper ads for more than just the Monogatari Series now. One for Kill la Kill in this morning's Asahi Shimbun, drawn by Yoh Yoshinari himself:

That actually looks pretty good

So I just read half of the first chapter for KnK and one thing that stood out is how they upped Mirai's moe factor. She's somewhat clumsy and incompetent but they took it to a different level in the show itself. They did tone down Akihito as he is way too fetishist in the LN.

Her moe factors in the show just grated me honestly. Although I guess it's good that they toned down his fetish at least.

Articalys

Kyoukai no Kanata 1

I liked it. Didn't really have any real problems with it except for
how the first episode cuts off at the end right in the middle of a fight

Metrotab

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata - 1

mY1Smlt.jpg

Eyyyyy!

The music reminds me of Harry Potter at times. Much more cinematic than anime soundtracks tend to be.

The exposition is pretty awkward. It's weird how immortality is just another character attribute. Reminds me of fanfiction: this guy is sarcastic, snarky and a bit of a pervert, also immortal. I'm not charmed by glasses.

I'm very charmed by teasing hime-cut. Christmas keiki teacher too.

Let's see how KyoAni does this time.

Left to right? Disgraceful.

I have forgotten how to read :(

Looks like Aniplex is doing full-page newspaper ads for more than just the Monogatari Series now. One for Kill la Kill in this morning's Asahi Shimbun, drawn by Yoh Yoshinari himself:

Is it me or does it feel like aniplex owns everything. Who are they? Scrtach that just googled it. Part of Sony pictures, they own A-1 whaaaaaaaaat? Omg they have their own animation studio

Pooya

Coppelion - 1

Let's get the visuals out of the way first. Most of the attention as expected is on the filters, of course they don't look pretty by any means but if you can look a bit past them I think this was a good looking episode beneath. If you're into post apocalyptic scenarios, this episode features the kind of 'destroyed beauty' background art you're probably looking for.

wlaac1.jpg

The filters actually do seem to have a point to be there as they seem to indicate different levels of contamination with purple seemingly the highest levels and green and blue lower levels.

57sybn.jpg

With that said there is no doubt the color choices have been poor. If they went with the usual brown and gray colors I don't think it would be as repulsive to some as it is right now. I can tolerate this episode but I dread the thought of possible future episodes in those purple areas... I hope if we get to see normal locations that people still live, they're not filtered. The little view on the TV, is not clear to me if it's filtered or not.

Character designs and stylized look, look very nice to me.

Moving past the colors, I like the cinematography, if you can call it that. Scenes with camera rotation actually look interesting, I usually don't find them very good overall elsewhere but here panning over the ruins in the background is kinda cool and serves a purpose.

There are some clever scenes too, whether they're meant as foreshadowing future events it's too soon for me to say.

71dys3.jpg

right after the scene above, we see this

4fnxm6.jpg

the perspective is kinda screwed, on first glance I thought Ibara in the back is the doll and Aoi is looking at it!

2cbbk4.jpg

Now moving onto characters. This show features a really all star cast of voice actors and actresses which is one reason I'm interested to see more. We've only seen four of the characters in this episode, KanaHana's character is already on my nerves, I hope it doesn't end up annoying. Can't wait to see other characters as they look and sound more interesting.

Not much to say about the music as it's mostly quiet and relies on quiet and ambient sounds, which is very fitting for this setting. ED is meh, nothing standout.

I think I'll keep watching for now. If you can get over the filters I think it seems pretty solid otherwise. Give it a try, much better than that kyoani moeblob generic polished crap today :p

Syrinx

Kyoukai no Kanata 1

How is this girl so deft in movement when trying to stab the guy yet can't even walk straight without tripping over something?

Anyway, yeah I can see the complaints about the writing. Nothing between those two felt natural, with details like the dude being immortal just kinda being shoehorned into the dialogue. I'll probably give it another chance at least.

Acosta

Uchouten Ending

I love you Uchouten, you magnificent beast. I have nothing more to add, really looking to watch it again in Blu-Ray.

Az4oREG.jpg

Waifu of the season.

Shergal

Kyokai 1
Good animation and not even Kigami. Surprised by the amount of smears and stuff, gives it a good sense of speed. Though I wonder, Ishidate said he won't be doing KA for the show but his cut(s) in the OP seems really like the sort of thing that will appear as is on the show at one point. Liar!

Besides that, people have covered the rest, but since I wasn't expecting anything that wasn't a generic LN I can say it didn't really bother me. Though really, the dialogue could be improved; perhaps if a different scriptwriter takes on an episode.

Raide

Ghost in the Shell: Arise...worth watching? Love the main series. Is this a prequel or sequel or something else?

Joe Molotov

Minami-ke S1 1-13 END

Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun!

8ICcsSq.gif

Season 1 Waifu Rankings:
Mako-chan >
Haruka-neesama > Touma > Hayami > Kana > Keiko

Season 1 Husbando Rankings:
Touma >
Natsuki > Hosaka w/o Shirt > Fujioka > Hosaka w/Shirt > Takeru > Haruo

A good show.

Casshern Sins 3

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIND

Cool episode too. Casshern met a human for the first time and he was a strange but likable one.

I tend to strongly dislike the kind of shows where each episode deals with its own thing. You know, monster of the week kind of stuff. But this here is really likable and I feel like I wouldn't even be mad if it was just this for the rest of the show.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 107

I don't want it to end.

I was expecting Reinhard's health to severely give up any moment now. In fact I didn't imagine him being alive this late into the show at all. But still, him collapsing was pretty heavy.

I don't see how the Rosen Ritters can board the Brunhild like this when the Imperial Fleet is pretty much in full defense mode. It sounds like a fucking suicide mission and for Julian to join Schenkopp on this crazy endeavor sounds like something that really doesn't fit his personality. I mean, sure, we've already seen he's handy with an axe but leaving the entire fleet in Attenborough's hands sounds like suicide for their cause. All we've seen that man do the last few battles is fail at baiting Bittenfeld.

I hope Julian gets to talk with Reinhard to make up for the second dialogue that Yang never got to have with him.

Jex

Ghost in the Shell: Arise...worth watching? Love the main series. Is this a prequel or sequel or something else?

It's a prequel, but it's not a prequel to any particular series, just to the core concept in general. It's certainly worth your time.

Pooya

grimdark Gen Butch x kyoani - I can dream...

...of moeblobs taking part in long exposition heavy conversations about everything and nothing and then slaughtered like lambs everywhere. headless moeblob blood num num. All sporting detailed animation by kyoani(TM)

AOTY right there

Gazoinks

grimdark Gen Butch x kyoani - I can dream...

...of moeblobs taking part in long exposition heavy conversations about everything and nothing and then slaughtered like lambs everywhere. moeblob blod num num. All sporting detailed animation by kyoani(TM)

AOTY right there

Doesn't that basically describe Madoka?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom