• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia 8-13 :

The latter half of this series definitely pulled me in in a way that the former half wasn't able to really do. Though I would have liked to have seen more interaction between Ledo and -Female Protagonist whose name alludes me- in order to make some of the later emotions seem more "genuine" I have to say that the ending sufficiently filled me with the warm fuzzies. My only real complaint story wise would be that Ledo
never really had time to explore the whole Hideauze actually being genetically engineered Humans part before the plot shifts with the finding of his former commander. It gives him an out essentially from having to deal with that revelation in any sort of way that would have been meaningful and it just comes off as strange that he allows the initial scavenging operation to continue despite this knowledge. It works out in the end I suppose.

In any case I'm glad I took the time to finish up this series.

So guys, what anime is the bad ones?

Miss Monochrome is in the lead position for most bad one this season so far.
tumblr_mu0aucTXmR1r5lfkbo1_500.gif

Articalys

And Crunchyroll pulls a :kurita with their last announcement of the day, grabbing J-Drama Hakuba no Oujisama.

On the plus side, their list of mystery to-be-announced simulcast titles has now expanded to five more after today.

Gazoinks

Guys help I've had the Black Lagoon theme running through my head all day. It was distracting when I was working on my monologue in theater class. >.>

I am your angeru!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kyoukai no Kanata 1

I liked it. Although it was pretty obvious that
Mirai is afraid of killing
right from the start. Looking forward to the next episode to see how KyoAni handles a full-on fight scene. Should be glorious.

Also Mirai is just as adorable as I thought she'd be. :3

Acosta

Kyoukai 1

Lol, What I'm watching?

The animation is glorious but this is so weird... I liked it? dunno, mixed feelings, will keep watching for sure.

DiGiKerot

Does it have some other name I don't see it :( ?

Edit: so it's beyond the boundary. Why is everyone calling it by a different name?

Beyond the Boundary is a pretty literal translation of the Japanese name, but given how long people have been expecting this particular series of novels to be adapted into animation, people are way more used to using the Japanese title we've known for ages rather than an English translation that's been used officially for a few hours.

Beyond the Boundary is a pretty literal translation of the Japanese name, but given how long people have been expecting this particular series of novels to be adapted into animation, people are way more used to using the Japanese title we've known for ages rather than an English translation that's been used officially for a few hours.

So it's like people who call Attack On Titan shingeki no kyojin? If beyond the boundary has always been it's translated name we should use it. If not we might as well just leave words like nakama and Baka untranslated as well...

CorvoSol

Speaking of Shingeki no Kyojin, I hated that WAY less than the fansubbers who kept calling the Titans "Eotena". Like, fuck off with that, I don't speak Swedish Chef.

Minami-ke S1 1-13 END

Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun!

8ICcsSq.gif

Season 1 Waifu Rankings:
Mako-chan >
Haruka-neesama > Touma > Hayami > Kana > Keiko

Season 1 Husbando Rankings:
Touma >
Natsuki > Hosaka w/o Shirt > Fujioka > Hosaka w/Shirt > Takeru > Haruo

A good show.

Definitely a great show. You have a good ranking, but where is Chiaki?

Pooya

So it's like people who call Attack On Titan shingeki no kyojin? If beyond the boundary has always been it's translated name we should use it. If not we might as well just leave words like nakama and Baka untranslated as well...

titles are like brands, the meaning doesn't matter as much as familiarity. People use what's more familiar to them, doesn't matter it's in what language unlike those terms you mention.

jgminto

KnK 1

Guess I was right to be worried, that was pretty painful. I really hate this type of aggressive, sarcastic, overbearing protagonist. They can work well as a secondary character if they have a genuinely funny character to play off of, like Shinpachi in Gintama, but all he has is a generic clumsy moe girl with a dark past that I don't care about. The visuals were alright but the dull colour palette kept them from being interesting. There were also a lot of weird visual pop ups, I assume jokes, that didn't make sense and just felt weird. I'll give it another shot next week but I think if I want to watch a show about a clumsy demon hunter girl I'll just watch Blood C instead.

Theonik

Princess Tutu 16
I'm not sure how I feel about Zura's existence. At least so far she seems like she could be entertaining so long as they don't overuse her.
Kind of a huge downgrade though.
So this is going to be a thing for a while then.

cajunator

Banned

ooooh :O

Soon.

Then it is war we shall have.

Nice box. Probably less nice that the volume version but it is, magnitudes cheaper.

Because hair in face is part of the international Moe dictionary.

We said the costume design is basically an ugly rip-off Utena. Not that it's Utena.

He said good shows.

Hair in the face works so well. Reine in DAL, hair-down Ritsu, Irisu, masochist girl in Dog and Scissors. Its soooo good.

Man I love Crunchy Roll but they don't have Steins Gate or Hyouka

what even is this

Steins;Gate is worth buying. save up and just get the blurays.

FUCK ME AT DAT KNK OP

INTO MY VEINS

All that KyoAni sakuga.

DAT MEGANE

Next Crunchyroll simulcast: Outbreak Company. Unfortunately it's also getting hit with the first simulcast delay of the season, two and a half days to Saturday nights at 10:00pm PDT, and still region restricted to North America only. Guess TBS still isn't entirely comfortable with same-day streaming.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/02/crunchyroll-to-stream-outbreak-company-anime

This looks really cliche, but I recognize that art design from somewhere.

DiGiKerot

Well, the thing with Attack on Titan is that it's pretty much always been called Attack on Titan in English alongside it's Japanese moniker even in Japan. Attack on Titan is essentially the officially mandated English title - some people just didn't use it because it's grammatically dumb.

In the case of Kyoukai no Kanata, literally no-one, officially or otherwise, has really used the name Beyond the Boundary in any capacity until Crunchy announced they were streaming the show. It's a literal translation, sure, but it's probably not the only way you could translate it - heck, there's been cases of other KyoAni shows (like Chuunibyou) where the officially mandated mandated English title ends up not being the one that's actually used outside Japan. Honestly, calling it Kyoukai no Kanata was just convenient as to avoid confusion as to what people were talking about, and the name has been in use in English circles for so long at this point, it's going to stick simple because people are used to it. It's not a case of excessive weeb-ism or anything, as is sometimes the case with Titan, it's just familiarity.

Narag

Princess Tutu 16

I'm not sure how I feel about Zura's existence. At least so far she seems like she could be entertaining so long as they don't overuse her.
Kind of a huge downgrade though.
So this is going to be a thing for a while then.

IIRC it's kid sidekick stuff done right.

BluWacky

So it's like people who call Attack On Titan shingeki no kyojin? If beyond the boundary has always been it's translated name we should use it.

It's slightly different with this show because Attack On Titan has always been the official English title of the manga - it's on the Japanese covers and everything. However, take a look at the logo for Kyokai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary on the show's website. It says, in Romanised letters, "Kyokai no Kanata". No translation.

Some shows just end up "stuck" with their Japanese titles. We don't talk about Everyday Life, or Ice Lollies, or The Minami Family.

7Th

Sure, but why not write novels that are actually good instead of using your contest as fodder. Although I guess they pretty much rewrote Free.

This is a pretty common misunderstanding; KyoAni didn't rewrite the source material for Free... they made the anime a sequel to it. The flashbacks to their early days all come from the LN.

cajunator

Banned
You had me at 'Chuu2'.

Wait its like Chu2? I must watch this tonight.

I don't even know why yellow subs are a thing. It's a hideous color for text.

I agree. Its good for nostalgia, but the white subs in Fate Zero blurays should be the standard. Was so crisp and clear and beautiful.

The international harem wars return with Infinite Stratos 2, next in line for Crunchyroll this season. Thursdays at 12:00pm PDT, but it'll be region-locked to the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-adds-infinite-stratos-2-anime-to-fall-lineup

*squees excitedly

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is a pretty common misunderstanding; KyoAni didn't rewrite the source material for Free... they made the anime a sequel to it. The flashbacks to their early days all come from the LN.
So...Free! originates as something for pedophiles? That would make sense.

Articalys

By the way, I just realized that once noitaminA and VVV S2 begin next week, Crunchyroll will have a solid three hour block of anime on Thursdays:

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2 - 10:00am PDT
Samurai Flamenco - 10:30am PDT
Galilei Donna - 11:00am PDT
Kill la Kill - 11:30am PDT
Infinite Stratos 2 - 12:00pm PDT
Golden Time - 12:30pm PDT

In fact, the only other two mainstream series this season even airing on Thursday are Outbreak Company, which CR has but punted to a Saturday night latecast, and Nagi no Asukara, which doesn't have anyone simulcasting it yet.

Oh, and I guess Aikatsu S2 airs on Thursdays as well, but that one has pretty much a 0% chance of being simulcast anyway.

Branduil

It's slightly different with this show because Attack On Titan has always been the official English title of the manga - it's on the Japanese covers and everything. However, take a look at the logo for Kyokai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary on the show's website. It says, in Romanised letters, "Kyokai no Kanata". No translation.

Some shows just end up "stuck" with their Japanese titles. We don't talk about Everyday Life, or Ice Lollies, or The Minami Family.

Well, when you name your show "Everyday Life," it's not very easy to google.

And Hyouka is an actual example of the rare title which really would lose its meaning by being translated.

You have it the wrong way around...

Yeah, MAL would have us calling Kill La Kill "Rakiru o Korosu."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom