• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 1

GeGu3r9.jpg

Horo Horo!

I've never heard a bad thing about this show ever. And it has two seasons! So this might be a real pearl.

Lawrence is a pretty cool protagonist right from the get-go. He's a bit of a medieval version of the goody-good regular Joe of high school anime, but apparently a crafty merchant as well (hee hee hee). Capitalism, ho!

That young village girl sounds like she could be trouble in the future.

EDIT: Also, that fucking ED.

Dresden

KnK 1

Guess I was right to be worried, that was pretty painful. I really hate this type of aggressive, sarcastic, overbearing protagonist.

I didn't think the mainguy was that bad. Bland, and filled with bad lines, but this is a show where everyone has bad lines. Otherwise he's just a helpful dude.

And Hyouka is an actual example of the rare title which really would lose its meaning by being translated.

Girlock Holmes is a perfectly meaningful translation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kyoukai no Kanata
ohZDxr5l.png

Dat SHAFT cut. Amazing. lol

I think it was jman who said this is Chuu2 if everything was real... and it certainly feels that way. It feels like a mishmash of many different things put together into something that is trying to be self-serious but doesn't feel it because of the KyoAni touch.

Maybe it's the fact that their look is associated with a very specific type of show now, but I can't help but want to see this as some kind of slice of life comedy instead of a dark phantasy.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 1

Is it wrong that I got the kind of vibes I got from the beginning of Gargantia, watching this? Post-apocalyptic playground for the cast to explore. Boy I really hope they didn't
kill Taeko for reals, though. The cast is too small to slash it like that, plus she was sort of the waifu of the episode and all.
Anyway, this show is REALLY beautiful, and even though there was a stupid CG helicopter (is CG ever going to NOT be horrible conspicuous in anime?), the episode was still visually striking. I especially enjoyed seeing Aoi struggle with her bag as she walked, because it really gave a sense of weight to the object, and the way someone would feel if they had to carry something that heavy with a frame like hers.

Also main girl is Sharp Shooter Sharla from Xenoblade. She has a gun that heals you.

MFssqEC.png

Minami-ke S1 1-13 END

Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun! Sensei! Ninomiya-kun!

8ICcsSq.gif

Season 1 Waifu Rankings:
Mako-chan >
Haruka-neesama > Touma > Hayami > Kana > Keiko

Season 1 Husbando Rankings:
Touma >
Natsuki > Hosaka w/o Shirt > Fujioka > Hosaka w/Shirt > Takeru > Haruo

A good show.

Waifu ranking in Minami-ke. Don't you think they are a bit young for that. I guess Haruka....wait how are you even making these decisions. Characters you like the most?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can it whatever I can remember. So I call it Chronicles of the Going Home Club rather than Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku. I'm certainly not going to call it KKK though.

BluWacky

Well just translate it into Helado or something.

So the Japanese Classic Literature Club is reading a book in Spanish? The localisation just gets tricky.

I'd give it a new English title - probably something lame like Literature Club Mysteries - to avoid the issue entirely.

Or, y'know, Girlock Holmes.

Spice and Wolf - 1

I've never heard a bad thing about this show ever. And it has two seasons! So this might be a real pearl.

Lawrence is a pretty cool protagonist right from the get-go. He's a bit of a medieval version of the goody-good regular Joe of high school anime, but apparently a crafty merchant as well (hee hee hee). Capitalism, ho!

This show came on TV as a marathon once and I ended up watching the whole first season. It was pretty great. While all the economics stuff on the show completely flew over my head, I still thought it was a good watch.

Branduil

So the Japanese Classic Literature Club is reading a book in Spanish? The localisation just gets tricky.

I'd give it a new English title - probably something lame like Literature Club Mysteries - to avoid the issue entirely.

Or, y'know, Girlock Holmes.

I think we agreed in an earlier thread that "Classics Club Mysteries" would be the best localization title.

...Not that we'll ever have to worry about that. :(

Joe Molotov

Waifu ranking in Minami-ke. Don't you think they are a bit young for that. I guess Haruka....wait how are you even making these decisions. Characters you like the most?

Characters who's names could remember the best.

I had to cheat on Hayami, but she deserved to be on the list for getting all the Minamis drunk in the final episode, even though she rarely appeared otherwise.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata

I think it was jman who said this is Chuu2 if everything was real... and it certainly feels that way. It feels like a mishmash of many different things put together into something that is trying to be self-serious but doesn't feel it because of the KyoAni touch.

The way I would describe it is that it's the inverse of Chuu2. So instead of Chuu2 where it was mostly a SOL with elements of fantasy(not really), KnK is mostly a fantasy with elements of SOL. Problem with the later is that they're trying to jam in the lighter elements when it really doesn't work and they should be trying to reduce those elements. However KyoAni is so used to doing comedic and light hearted stuff, that they can't really let go of it.

Characters who's names could remember the best.

I had to cheat on Hayami, but she deserved to be on the list for getting all the Minamis drunk in the final episode, even though she rarely appeared otherwise.

How can you call yourself a man if Hosaka isn't the number one husbando?

yami4ct

Coppelion 1

Is it wrong that I got the kind of vibes I got from the beginning of Gargantia, watching this? Post-apocalyptic playground for the cast to explore. Boy I really hope they didn't
kill Taeko for reals, though. The cast is too small to slash it like that, plus she was sort of the waifu of the episode and all.
Anyway, this show is REALLY beautiful, and even though there was a stupid CG helicopter (is CG ever going to NOT be horrible conspicuous in anime?), the episode was still visually striking. I especially enjoyed seeing Aoi struggle with her bag as she walked, because it really gave a sense of weight to the object, and the way someone would feel if they had to carry something that heavy with a frame like hers.

Also main girl is Sharp Shooter Sharla from Xenoblade. She has a gun that heals you.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/MFssqEC.png[/IMG]

Don't say that Copelion actually looks like it has an interesting story.
Gargantia is probably my biggest disappointment of the year. So much wasted potential

jman2050

Deconstruction of Pokeymanz

The way I would describe it is that it's the inverse of Chuu2. So instead of Chuu2 where it was mostly a SOL with elements of fantasy(not really), KnK is mostly a fantasy with elements of SOL. Problem with the later is that they're trying to jam in the lighter elements when it really doesn't work and they should be trying to reduce those elements. However KyoAni is so used to doing comedic and light hearted stuff, that they can't really let go of it.

If I were to nail down the comparison from my perspective, KnK is exactly the type of thing Chuu2 was trying to make fun of.

It's pretty meta when you think about it!

Spice and Wolf - 1

As much as I like to see more people enjoy this wonderful series these posts also always remind me that these is no third season.... =(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The way I would describe it is that it's the inverse of Chuu2. So instead of Chuu2 where it was mostly a SOL with elements of fantasy(not really), KnK is mostly a fantasy with elements of SOL. Problem with the later is that they're trying to jam in the lighter elements when it really doesn't work and should be reduced.
Well, either way, it's two outsiders who feel disconnected from normal society. It's just that, they want to escape by not having powers, whereas Rika and Utaaaahhhhh went the other way.
Heck, the random SHAFT cut almost makes you want to compare it to Monogatari. lol

Tenumi

Banned
To LOVE-ru Darkness: 11

Took over half the episode for any fanservice to crop up. Think that's a To LOVE-ru record.

Anyway, lots of backstory and plot movement this episode. Finally learning about
Mea's true identity and her "master", Nemesis
. Only one more episode to go...

jman2050

Well, either way, it's two outsiders who feel disconnected from normal society. It's just that, they want to escape by not having powers, whereas Rika and Utaaaahhhhh went the other way.
Heck, the random SHAFT cut almost makes you want to compare it to Monogatari. lol

You know I've been thinking about this on and off all day, but the dialogue in KnK does actually come across as a poor man's attempt at imitating Nisio. That might be the entire problem.

To LOVE-ru Darkness: 11

Took over half the episode for any fanservice to crop up. Think that's a To LOVE-ru record.

Anyway, lots of backstory and plot movement this episode. Finally learning about
Mea's true identity and her "master", Nemesis
. Only one more episode to go...

The next episode has something I was waiting for all this time. It was the greetest

I actually ended up doing just that because of the cut and the dialogue.

This is the first season where I'm more excited for movies than actual shows. Copellion, Pupa and Kill la Kill are the only shows that have peaked my interest so far. Valvrave tried too hard to be like Code Geass, but I might watch it for the inevitable train wreck.

When is the Stein's Gate movie coming out on BD?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
While the writing may be worse than NIsio, the animation is better than SHAFT's, so it balances out.

BALANCED OUT.

Jarmel

Banned
If I were to nail down the comparison from my perspective, KnK is exactly the type of thing Chuu2 was trying to make fun of.

It's pretty meta when you think about it!

Not really. Chuu2 was indeed mostly a parody of dark high school fantasies but the connection is not much more than that, at least so far. The show would have to be more grimdark and power trip oriented.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
KnK didn't really feel like Chuu2 to me. With Chuu2 the relationship between the characters is what is defined as important. Because of that it plays out in a way that emphasizes romance and comedy. KnK is something that is setting up mysteries and conspiracies that will unravel as the series plays out with a heavy emphasis on action sequences.
I didn't really get the sense that the characters in KnK are trying to escape something. There is almost no focus on reality other than that they don't want to interfere with it.

Jarmel

Banned

I didn't get that with Akihito at all. He seemed relatively content with everything.

cnet128

Banned
Kyousougiga (1st ONA)

OHMYGOD THE COLOURS EVERYWHERE AND THE WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON I DON'T KNOW BUT IT'S WONDERFUL. I think Yasaburou would love to pay a visit to this version of Kyoto. This show almost reminds me of Hoshi no Umi no Amuri in its sheer crazy style and momentum. It even has the
random girl-on-girl kiss
covered.

Main girl is pretty cute and pretty genki and pretty awesome and has an amazing hammer.

However, the clear winner of this episode is not any of the named characters, buuuuuut...

iCXmsfZDwQKC1.gif

Meet Random Passerby Little Girl. She is the most adorable thing. This anime should be scrapped and Toei should make one about her instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom