• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Dreams of the Morning, Songs of the Night - Kapitel IV (END)

~ Do you disdain those with small dreams, Lord Reinhard? ~

2CvCxRj.jpg

And our heroes solve the case!

Thematically, this episode continued showing how Reinhard perceives the injustices of the current regime: a system of power, held up by small transgressions of ethical standards and enough people looking away. It's ironic that Reinhard, who is destined to become an imperialist ruler, believes more in the power of the individual than of society.

Defuser

Outbreak company ep 5

Loli dwarfs....oh man why didn't I think of that? Even as dwarfs they stay short. The answer to all lolicons, mind blown.

It's already bad they crammed in 7 books in 2 cours but cramming in 10 books? It's either....
-3 cours
-2 cours but cut out 3 books

Or

-2 cours and a few movies

Seriously the way they handled italy was bad in S2... i don't wanna know how they will have to handle france+england ( and england is quite an arc ) + the Darkside academy arc + russia in 24 episodes ... it's just .....Just impossible.

And besides you cannot cut events , all of them are quite revelant
You can't cut france because it would make the amakusa devellopment irrevelant
you can't cut england because it's tied with russia (too many characters overlap ).
You can't cut darkside because it would make the whole thing collapse ( half of the russia arc is tied to events related to this one )
You could cut aqua of the back attacks in academy city , but it would cut a big problem ( touma memories ) and a big chunk of the amakusa devellopment it would mess the entire england arc.
Russia is uncompressible no matter what they do.

All those arc are packed with fighting, it's insane..
They could do that arc properly if the do a 3-cour.

The movie would be cool but that would force the staff to cut a lot ( 3 main characters each with their own set of fights ), that's a lot dammit...

The only way to handle this arc is with a 3-cour it's impossible otherwise.

So golden time - 05

evolved into a love triangle without my knowledge ..

I fear what will happen next week.

Things that get solved ( or that should be solved ) early aren't because new factors get mixed into the show..anyway i have no doubt as who is the main heroine so this sub-plot is kinda useless now.

Still the flashback was nice

Utena Episode 3
tumblr_mvm6tbpgwb1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Unfortunately even in an anime with such pretty characters (there is litrally never a bad Touga angle) all around, steam had to be lost somewhere. I was hoping it would happen later but the writing staff decided to undo all things good and make a terrible Anthy focused damsel in distress issue that just came out all bad and dull. She would have just been better off staying in her dorm than coming to the ball
to have her dress ripped off while she sat there oddly and dumbly on the floor as champagne was sprayed at her. It was also odd that somehow Utena could sense this ran down and ended in a dance routine with her

I just pray these are the only two minutes that we had to endure that and we can go back to the musical moments with cool action which was Utena at its best.
Why is Saionji locked in his kendo room, surely he has to have a large role to play?

CorvoSol

The cool part of that episode was Utena taking a cloth and making a dress out of it one movement. That's Domon Kasshu level stuff.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 03
screenshot051wwsxd.png

Prince has legs that go all the way down

Man, everyone in this school besides Utena, Anthy, and Wakaba are evil. Kiryuu doesn't seem outright evil right now, but I don't trust him in the slightest. Luckily Utena saved this episode from going all Carrie with her supernatural power of tablecloth manipulation. Also the ability to summon her uniform from the ether apparently, since her dress exposed her shoulders. Hope to learn something about why Anthy is such a pushover soon.

Syrinx

Mad Bull 34 1

A few things:

-I don't remember the last time I've laughed this hard at such over-the-top violence.
-Sleepy is the greatest character in the history of fiction and statues of him should be built in every country.
-Titties. Titties everywhere.

Quasar

Strike the Blood #5 - As said before it continues to be somewhat Index/Railgun like structurally without the annoying as fuck sidekicks. Continues to be one of the many 'OK I guess' shows this season for me.

Yuusha ni way to too long #5 - I'm pretty meh about this. I'm not really in favour of the boss pushing the Fino/Raul hookup. Did not find that even slightly amusing, even the first time.

ValvRave #2.05 - The crazy continues.
I must be forgetting a lot of last season as the whole taking over peoples bodies is completely lost on me. And we see more awful consequences of being a Valvrave pilot. I'm left wondering do all pilots lose memories (and her broken limiter meant it can/did take all of them killing her, and that the memory taking at all is due to her). I also don't understand where the whole AI business comes from and where the Magius fit in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still not watching anime for the most part, but:

Infinite Stratos
Ft8Zxe0l.jpg

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Juu nen go no hachigatsu
Mata deaeru no wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

Golden Time
I hope this doesn't turn too much into a Key drama or a Jdrama. :(

Also, apropos of nothing, Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome makes the WEIRDEST references:
HMpNotal.png

CorvoSol

This show is about Utena coming into her own as a tailor, right? That's what I got from this episode.

Utena is about being fabulous.

Polar Bear Cafe 6

DREAM PANDA is something out of my nightmares. White dude speaking British English is hilarious. Is that lump Panda's tail or his nuts? Darth Panda is adorable.

Polar Bear just took Panda to one of those bars, didn't he?

OH SNAP GRIZZ BUR.

HE GONE KISS THE PBEAR

#YOLO#YOLO

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 04
screenshot053bsswq.png

Nanami is Satan

This episode was a bit silly, with Nanami's predictable antics, but the stuff besides that was good. It was nice to see a lighter side of Anthy, and I like Miki. He's on the student council and
he's not even evil!
I totally thought he was a girl till this episode though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Revolutionary Girl Utena 03

Man, everyone in this school besides Utena, Anthy, and Wakaba are evil. Kiryuu doesn't seem outright evil right now, but I don't trust him in the slightest. Luckily Utena saved this episode from going all Carrie with her supernatural power of tablecloth manipulation. Also the ability to summon her uniform from the ether apparently, since her dress exposed her shoulders. Hope to learn something about why Anthy is such a pushover soon.
I hope CorvoSol is having fun being able to read these posts now.

Articalys

Also the screen-cleaning cloth that has an illustration of Issei and Rias on one side... and can be folded up to look like panties.
Unfortunately for fans, the game got delayed by about a month, from late November to sometime in December.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I am, although I'm also sympathetic to DTL's dislike of Anthy, because I sure was not keen on her for a long time.

It's remarkable how innocent the show begins, though, hahaha.
DTL is just doing his schtick.

Anyway, it just seems innocent. It was actually there from the beginning.

CorvoSol

DTL is just doing his schtick.

Anyway, it just seems innocent. It was actually there from the beginning.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like
Anthy's pranks belying the very scary way she gets toward the end. Or Touga's bouncing between friend and foe.
Show will be very interesting when I get around to watching it for a second time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Galilei Donna 4

The chase scene was fine and all, but at the end of it we're supposed to swallow the idea that
Hozuki falls from the top story of a building into a pile of junked cars with bounty hunters in hot pursuit and the very next scene just cuts to Hazuki and Hozuki being back in the airship
? The idea that
Hazuki could run down the entire building she was in, navigate through the junk heap to her incapacitated sister, and carry her all the way back to the ship while still outrunning her assailants
seems fairly ridiculous and was a sour denouement to a scene that had theretofore had actual thought put into the sequence of events.

It might seem like a minor thing to pick out for criticism, but it was a terribly abrupt transition made worse by the disregard for providing the viewer with any sort of logical resolution to the situation. It's all simply glossed over because
"Hozuki has Just-Fell-on-a-Pile-of-Cars-Disease and needs EMERGENCY ROBOT SURGERY"
comes to dominate the remainder of the episode and everything else falls by the wayside to escalate the sense of urgency.

Lest I forget to mention what is likely the worse problem with the episode and a more endemic problem to the series,
the very first dude they meet upon landing in Germany just happening to have the next scroll
was so, so unbelievably bad. I was left incredulous. Why bother having an adventure series at all when
the thing that the characters are searching for is simply handed to them without any effort on their part
? The execution continues to be poor and I honestly don't know why I'm continuing to watch something that refuses to put in the actual legwork to be the kind of story that it presents itself as beyond some thin thematic veneer.

Kyousougiga

Interesting characters and story, great art, great animation, and minimal fan service? My kind of anime! I'm loving what I see and can't wait to see where it goes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mad Bull 34 1

A few things:

-I don't remember the last time I've laughed this hard at such over-the-top violence.
-Sleepy is the greatest character in the history of fiction and statues of him should be built in every country.
Sleepy's a pimp with a heart of gold.

cajunator

Banned
Yes yes, cajun, we know where your priorities lie.

Hmmm. I suppose so.

LOL

Black Lion is next on The List.

I still haven't watched Jojo.

Black Lion is a good decision. Jojo is a better one.

i asked confirmation in order to be sure, i don't want to blurt spoilers out loud after all.
But yeah i understand witch kurumi you mean.

Crypton actually love cross overs so this might happen lol , one day , one day .

Everyone messing with a character custom mode shouldn't be trusted

Every Kurumi is good kurumi.

One videogame is just as entertaining as any other.

This is true.

Final versions of the store bonus posters for Hidamari Sketch: Sae & Hiro Graduation Chapter:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/hidamari/news/index-j.html#news201311011900

This doesnt exist this doesnt exist this doesnt exist

Lain

Kill la Kill 5

Can it be considered an episode about friendship? I'll consider it as such.
Not bad. Mako is as usual one of the highlights in this show.

Valvrave 16

Hmmm, on one hand, I feel bad for Marie. On the other, all that time wasted chatting while people risked to die. On the third hand, at least it gave us a cliché
last minute save of the group.

cajunator

Banned
2 minutes into Mad Bull 34. I am going to love the shit outta this.

Yes. You certainly will.

Mad Bull 34 1

A few things:

Just wait. It gets so much more fucked up.

Now thats a collectors edition, earphones shaped like boobs GENIUS.

Marketing has achieved a new level.

Syrinx

Mad Bull 34 2

"All his friends'd know his dad was so low he could parachute out of a snake's asshole". That is...the greatest line ever.

Oh God. The blood just flowing out of the bullet holes in his ass. I've never seen anything like that before.

OH GOD! GRENADES ATTACHED TO HIS CROTCH! WHAT AM I WATCHING?! GRENADES AS A JOCKSTRAP!

My favorite part about Sleepy is that he doesn't even take his hat off when he's fucking. And girls call him Sleepy while they're fucking. And he's thinking about work while he's fucking too. That's a man passinalte about his police work.

What the hell do the women in this show wear? Jesus their clothes rip off like paper towels.

"Then you can kiss my butt and call it ice cream you bunch of limpdick faggots!"...Okay, this is the greatest line ever.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Vereen he just risked his life for you, don't you think you at least owe it to him to marry him? What would Mike have done, huh?
This is anime's Blazing Saddles I"m watching, right?

cajunator

Banned
Mad Bull 34 2

"All his friends'd know his dad was so low he could parachute out of a snake's asshole". That is...the greatest line ever.

Oh God. The blood just flowing out of the bullet holes in his ass. I've never seen anything like that before.

OH GOD! GRENADES ATTACHED TO HIS CROTCH! WHAT AM I WATCHING?! GRENADES AS A JOCKSTRAP!

My favorite part about Sleepy is that he doesn't even take his hat off when he's fucking. And girls call him Sleepy while they're fucking. And he's thinking about work while he's fucking too. That's a man passinalte about his police work.

What the hell do the women in this show wear? Jesus their clothes rip off like paper towels.

"Then you can kiss my butt and call it ice cream you bunch of limpdick faggots!"...Okay, this is the greatest line ever.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Vereen he just risked his life for you, don't you think you at least owe it to him to marry him? What would Mike have done, huh?
This is anime's Blazing Saddles I"m watching, right?

There it is. hahaha

Heysoos

I was under the impression Freezing was skipping the
brother
arc. God damn it. I'm out.

Plus it's moving extremely slowly, it's super boring to watch.

I still have never seen Mad Bull 34, despite loving schlocky '80s/early-'90s OVAs (because I'm a masochist, and also because I love watching horrible movies).

Is it worth it?

Syrinx

I still have never seen Mad Bull 34, despite loving schlocky '80s/early-'90s OVAs (because I'm a masochist, and also because I love watching horrible movies).

Is it worth it?

I'm halfway through it and all I can say is yes yes yes!

But not til I'm done. I'll watch the rest later this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom