• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

I think Serara looks her age, if you consider before the apocalypse, Akatsuki was portrayed as a man originally, and afterwards her physical appearance changed to a woman due to some weird shit I can't remember.

She used a potion Shiro had to make her body closer to her real self so she can move better.

I hope Nyanta is actually some sort of hyper intelligent cat.

Jarmel

Banned
GaoGaiGar Final 2-
ibdEj0ZVOVuS8T.jpg
So good. So fucking good.
:BASED
Fake
Mamoru
Fucking cleaning up the Autobots. Giving me those despair faces. Mah nigga.
This is the best GGG episode I've seen in the entire franchise.
ib0IPKfV1O7oq8.gif

Mother of god

Silky

Banned
It's a good world building episode. Not the best episode in the bunch, but it was consistent enough to keep me interested, and of course banter between Pervertsugu and Akatsuki's great.

Serara's well workinng up the ranks of favorite characters, and at the very least I hope we see more of those NPCs the group met.

Narag

That's the peak of the show there. Proper buildup, just enough doubt to make you wonder what the hell is going on rather than feeling as if you have it figured out, and an amazing fight to seal the deal.

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Movie 16 TV Special - Mewtwo The Prologue to Its Awakening

Gubzb2El.png

So basically sets up the Mewtwo (pretty briefly though) for the movie that it plays a part of. It's pretty much like your standard episode just with less Ash.

Though I guess it does set up why Mewtwo has to protect.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 05
screenshot06987ssw.png

Now you're talking like a band

I liked this episode a lot. I was afraid it would descend into love triangle antics with the last cliffhanger, but it didn't and I was happy. Heck, the way this is going I'd honestly kind of like it if there was no romance and everyone was just bros forevermore. I know that won't happen, but it'd be nice.

Touma's outburst at the teacher was interesting. What's in that notebooook.

That after credits bit though... Not so good.

CorvoSol

That's the peak of the show there. Proper buildup, just enough doubt to make you wonder what the hell is going on rather than feeling as if you have it figured out, and an amazing fight to seal the deal.

It really is probably the very best episode in the whole series. Although
J-Phoenix and Hammering the Sun are close competition.

Tenumi

Banned
Sword Art Online (English Dub, Toonami-watch): 13

All in all, the Kirito/Asuna romance isn't all that bad. Maybe a little rushed, but there's that sense of love there that some series struggle to produce. Helps that Asuna has been a relatively strong character so far.

Yes, I am prepared, however, for the decent. This rollercoaster has reached it's peak. Time for a ride down into the depths of despair...

Kill la Kill 4

This show continues to deliver. Makes me all the sadder watching it right when its come out. I prefer to binge watch, but whatever, this has nothing to do with the episode.

This episode had a very MXC/Mashahiro Castle type feel to it. Really loved how the family kept getting the nose bleeds and accidents when getting close to Ryuko. haha.

Also liked how Mako stood up to the 3 star general and explain to wear Pajamas. lol.

Jarmel

Banned
GaoGaiGar Final 3-
Like what the fuck. This is a much better show. The Space Station gets shut down for economic reasons of all things. Also the government being full of incompetent fucks, and also short sighted to boot, feels so realistic. Like what the fuck.
iWhoJa2aIJ8e.jpg
iDW4v7M7v8iqe.jpg

All dat :Chet
This feels like it's aimed at a completely different demographic than the original series. There was even some Gainax Bounce this episode.

ibk9usynnKrusn.gif
\

A god damn golf club.

Nagi no Asukara 5

The whole Miuna plot and Akari portion was kind of similar personal feelings wise, I guess I could see how she could think that to some extent and had a similar experience years ago somewhat. Regardless, really well done and Hikari was an excellent character to have through it.

Ocean scene and final three minutes were powerful. Surprising how good it can be even when it doesnt involve Tsumugu and the others. Looking forward to more.

Theonik

Hyouka 01
Off to a very good start. The writing and production quality of it feels especially refreshing given some of the shit I've been watching lately, the scene where Oreki meets Chitanda was masterfully done. Oreki is a curious man too. His desire to keep his normal lazy ways is actually driving him into doing things which I'd normally think is pretty silly of him but as I understand he has ulterior motives for. Chitanda on the other hand is quite pushy.
Sewing club guy on the other hand is there for the ride or it feels that way.
Mysteries seem pretty obvious if they continue to be like the first episode but from what I gather from what I've seen they are simply plot devices to drive character interaction and are not really the draw of the show.
The use of music is interesting, while not really that notable, it fits well for what it's worth, but this is just the start so I expect more things.

All in all, the Kirito/Asuna romance isn't all that bad. Maybe a little rushed, but there's that sense of love there that some series struggle to produce. Helps that Asuna has been a relatively strong character so far.

Yes, I am prepared, however, for the decent. This rollercoaster has reached it's peak. Time for a ride down into the depths of despair...

Time for the wincest.

She used a potion Shiro had to make her body closer to her real self so she can move better.

I hope Nyanta is actually some sort of hyper intelligent cat.

You know I'm not gonna lie, but the whole "nyan" thing becomes way less annoying when a full grown male VA says it vs a high pitched female.

First season could have been extended to 20 episodes to flesh it out better, because it does feel rushed and I don't like when shows throw characters away after their arc is done. Alfheim arc should have been a movie or OVA (or non existent). But hey, for what SAO loses in plot and what not, it gains in a few other places. Personally, I thought the OST was better in the second half, and some of the environments were really well drawn.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Strike the Blood 2-5

You know what this show feels like? Index except it's sort of more ugly, there's more romance, the main girl doesn't suck, the MC sucks worse than Touma, and the animation/fights are sort of shitty. So... overall, it's a shitty Index. Having said that, it's still interesting. I'll watch despite the annoying fanservice and shitty characters and visuals. Oh yeah, I found out why I was uncomfortable. The town and each shot in this fucking show is monotonous as shit. The city literally has no variety in colors and looks like it was bleached white or fucking blue.

Infinite Stratos S2 3-4

LOL. Cool songs but fuck this show. I hate this stupid bullshit pandering and fanservice.

You've braved the rocky ascent now prepare for the decent to depths far lower than you can ever imagine.

You will like the lovely backgrounds and music though. Those are good.

Just got back from watching Gravity.

Dreading watching any and all awful anime CG (I'm looking at you Tokyo Ravens/Unbreakable Machine-Doll) even more, after convincing myself that everything is going to look 100% more shittier now that I will subconsciously compare all of them to that beautiful work of art.

Now thats a collectors edition, earphones shaped like boobs GENIUS.

Would have bought it if it was Akeno.

Infinite Stratos S2 - 05

Ichika may be dense, but he sure has good taste.

Once in awhile he grows some brain cells.

Nafe

Walkure Romanze

Episode 4

iC5fDrOZQxQN9.jpg

You can't have a show about jousting and not have a black knight,haha.

I had mentioned before that I like jousting and wondered if there were any anime that had portrayed it in some way. It was nice then to get an anime this season that covered it but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind,haha.

This episode I thought was a bit better because it only had a couple moments of fan service that I can recall. It was also nicer in that it actually focused on the jousting and it was between a couple of the more top class members. I kind of liked how they had this unofficial duel at a more run down older location to mix things up and make it feel more like a personal duel.

It's probably best not to over-analyze what's basically a harem show but the rules are a bit weird. In the first episode it seemed like Cecilia won the entire match by hitting the feather on her opponent's(voiced by Asami Imai! <3) helmet, called a "Feather's Fly". I thought that was strange as maybe in the past it was okay but it's more discouraged now-a-days to hit your opponent in the head for safety reasons and such. Obviously accidents can still happen so you wear a helmet in the first place.

This is then mentioned right in the show as well which made sense but the feather's fly thing was also mentioned. It seemed weird as you were both discouraged but also encouraged to go for your opponents head. Later though it was elaborated upon that hitting your opponent in the head will actually cause you to lose that round automatically. I guess it's just supposed to be some risk reward type thing to determine who has better accuracy or something in the world of Walkure Romanze.

It might have some more anime like things as I don't think one would normally have time to attack twice in quick succession. Not against an equally high skilled opponent anyway.

The fact that the girls are still wearing skirts even while jousting is one of those "anime" type things I guess that just make you shake your head a little but being an anime it does give the opportunity to maybe not be super strict with the armor and come up with some interesting designs. I like Akane's more sengoku style armor above for example.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 1

Think I'll stick to the Japanese version. Maybe. I don't know, the delivery of lines in the dub is hilarious.

And of course, this is quite lewd. I can imagine this airing back on Toonami, where it was probably edited a lot. But that's enough of that, seeing Sasami worry about people recognizing her in her Magical Girl uniform was neat, I mean, SHE doesn't look that much different from her normal attire in comparison to Misa. Of course, the power of Clark Kent/Anime Sailor Moon compels us.

I guess the one thing that catches me off guard is the fact that it's longer than a typical TV episode, so it's a bit more of an investment of time on my hand. Another thing is that we're off to a good start, with some wacky monster designs.

Who knows... I believe Tenchi was a bit of a comedy, maybe dub is okay.... or not, I don't know.

Dynedom

Log Horizon - 05

Lots of :cajun between Serara and Akatsuki. I love the comedy between Akatsuki and Naotsugu too.

The show has a perfect mix of world building and team-building. We know what the final "team" is going to be but seeing the journey there should be fun.

How many episodes is this show getting?

Log Horizon - 05

Lots of :cajun between Serara and Akatsuki. I love the comedy between Akatsuki and Naotsugu too.

The show has a perfect mix of world building and team-building. We know what the final "team" is going to be but seeing the journey there should be fun.

How many episodes is this show getting?

A full 26 episodes. Yesssss

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 01

Off to a very good start. The writing and production quality of it feels especially refreshing given some of the shit I've been watching lately, the scene where Oreki meets Chitanda was masterfully done. Oreki is a curious man too. His desire to keep his normal lazy ways is actually driving him into doing things which I'd normally think is pretty silly of him but as I understand he has ulterior motives for. Chitanda on the other hand is quite pushy.
Sewing club guy on the other hand is there for the ride or it feels that way.
Mysteries seem pretty obvious if they continue to be like the first episode but from what I gather from what I've seen they are simply plot devices to drive character interaction and are not really the draw of the show.
The use of music is interesting, while not really that notable, it fits well for what it's worth, but this is just the start so I expect more things.

Hyouka is uneven. At times downright dull and at times pretty interesting. Episode 1-5 are notable for some exposition and stuff, episode 6 is the worst shit ever, 7-10 are passable, then it picks up from there into the festival arc and some wonderful Chitanda in a yukata.

Happy Birthday!

Infinite Stratos - 01
Why. This show would be more entertaining if it was about the background characters of all things.
Why.

Skip to episode 5. thank me later :p

Strike the Blood 2-5

You know what this show feels like? Index except it's sort of more ugly, there's more romance, the main girl doesn't suck, the MC sucks worse than Touma, and the animation/fights are sort of shitty. So... overall, it's a shitty Index. Having said that, it's still interesting. I'll watch despite the annoying fanservice and shitty characters and visuals. Oh yeah, I found out why I was uncomfortable. The town and each shot in this fucking show is monotonous as shit. The city literally has no variety in colors and looks like it was bleached white or fucking blue.

Infinite Stratos S2 3-4

LOL. Cool songs but fuck this show. I hate this stupid bullshit pandering and fanservice.

You are a strange strange little man. You love SAO yet you call out shows like IS and Date a Live for doing the exact same thing. Im confuzzled.

Strike the Blood 2-5

Well index academy city and strike the blood city and actually very similar , they actually share both a same overall feel if you view them from affar ..
The problem is that index actually relies more on the city , the city is more alive because they actually put lot of scenes either explaining the city or the characters living in the city ( and showing why either city is different ) . i'm confident strike the blood will reach this level one day but indeed , they should correct their lightning and add more civilians ..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 1

Think I'll stick to the Japanese version. Maybe. I don't know, the delivery of lines in the dub is hilarious.

And of course, this is quite lewd. I can imagine this airing back on Toonami, where it was probably edited a lot. But that's enough of that, seeing Sasami worry about people recognizing her in her Magical Girl uniform was neat, I mean, SHE doesn't look that much different from her normal attire in comparison to Misa. Of course, the power of Clark Kent/Anime Sailor Moon compels us.

I guess the one thing that catches me off guard is the fact that it's longer than a typical TV episode, so it's a bit more of an investment of time on my hand. Another thing is that we're off to a good start, with some wacky monster designs.

Who knows... I believe Tenchi was a bit of a comedy, maybe dub is okay.... or not, I don't know.
The TV version was never dubbed, so don't get attached to it!

Narag

Aku no Hana 4

Changing the OP like that was so great. Loved how
Saeki cut off Kasuga's ostracization with the simplest of greetings.
Can't believe I thought "This sure just awkward," during the staircase scene given how the show has been to this point either.

You are a strange strange little man. You love SAO yet you call out shows like IS and Date a Live for doing the exact same thing. Im confuzzled.

I don't want to be "that" guy , but even when Sao was using fanservice that was for one scene and limited to one character , not entire episodes dedicated on fanservice , like episode 3 & 5 were

I like both shows , but IS ep 5 purpose was only to appeal to fan of each heroine , nothing more ( and they aren't even trying to hide that ) .Sao while having plenty of flaws doesn't even remotely abuse that to the same level.( even if it has low moments )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom