• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 18 (Onimonogatari 2)

Shinobu you so good at storytelling.

Probably helps that Shaft are illustrating her story with gorgeous artwork.

Moar please.

Andrew J.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 2
And parts that make me wonder HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY NOT REALIZE WHO IS WHO!? I mean, Misao just happened to be in the same place as Misa? Come on man. How do you not realize this?

Mahou shoujo transformations include perception filters, which magically prevent witnesses from forming mental connections between the transformed and civilian identities, even though their appearances and voices are similar.

(I believe something like this is stated outright at some point in Sailor Moon, but you have to assume that something like it is going on in almost every magical girl show.)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sammy seems like the kind of name 4kids would edit in.

It's just Sasami with the middle sa removed and the final vowel elongated; Pioneer romanized it as "Samy" instead of "Samii" and the extra m seems to have been added for the English-speaking market. It's part of the joke that their disguises are so thin that even their names are almost the same post-transformation.

White Album 2 05

Good episode, a bit of drama. I like how they're emphasizing that they want to be friends.
Looks like Touma gets sick for next episode. Sick route for anime? If Haruki takes care of her it'll be romantic tension

space bros 80

trutt.jpg

Mutta sharp as always.

I'm sad i can't spend more time with my daughter... so i fill up the wife with another kid!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ace of the Diamond Episode 5:

If nothing else this might be the comedy of the season, albeit unintentionally for the most part what with the OVERFLOWING SHONEN EMOTIONS and SERIOUS BUSINESS all about. Anyway, this was a pretty typical episode as we see the first years and the upperclassmen have exhibition match to determine who ends up actually playing baseball this season.

CorvoSol

There's only 8. Glorious Gathering has 12 but that's pretty much impossible to get unless you speak Japanese.

Are there only 8? I coulda sworn it was more.

No wait, now I remember. I wanted more. My bad.

Still, GGGF has one of my favorite Super Robot moments.

Strike the Blood 5

So Archer girl is Yukina's friend and hates Kojou apparently.

She'll start liking him soon enough.

Asagi's friend has the good makings of a troll. Sad that she looks to be a minor character.

Kinda wished that Kojou would slick back his hair just to see how handsome he could be.

Little Busters ~ Refrain - 02
Key is finally giving us a romance! Only took more than a season...>_>

Kurugaya seems super tall in some scenes, but she looks short next to Riki. guh

Did you have a nice birthday? I wishes you all sorts of awesomes in the Keion thread :D

Can't say it's been the best, but I do appreciate the birthday wishes. It has been a challenging couple of days, but I'll manage. One thing that has become clear is that my best friends now are here on GAF, present company included.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 4
tumblr_mvk8yhMXix1snkggso1_500.gif

Probably the least good episode so far though mainly like in most stories with similar plotlines
the hero gets decreased screentime and sometimes comes out looking really awkward and out of place. Poor Masayoshi, he used to be front and center and now forced to the shadows .I dont know how he can recover from this unless she gets captured or has some shocking and dramatic event happen to her. If so then Masayoshi could use his newly acquired skills to do something especially since he isnt beat up as often anymore

Goto too had decreased time though at least it got made up for with the punch dodge and etc.

Mr.Jeff

only honor? no avatar bets or death threats?
Well, you'll forever be labelled as someone as who can't uphold their side of an agreement and considering the memories of some people in here, that's not to be made fun of.

Unless you're a person who doesn't care about such things naturally.

The deal I made with Theonik balances out: I watch something dreadful while he gets to watch something legitimately good*.

*Although the notion of good in this thread is subjective.

Jarmel

Banned
GaoGaiGar Final 7-
So much docking and transformations. Probably my least favorite episode of the bunch though. That said, Taiga's speech was fucking amazing. The whole peace/mind control thing also gives a layer of depth to the GGG crew as well, which is nice.
ib11mJSZRpNXxV.jpg

This scene is straight out of G-Gundam. The poses are almost identical.
That OP is absolutely epic now although I'm not sure if the kids singing added or detracted from the song. Anyone know who those kids are?
The main problem I have with this episode is that not enough time is put in towards Renais as a character and also her relationship with Soldat J to feel the pairing work. It feels somewhat rushed and her character really needed more screentime or been introduced in the TV series proper. That said, the ED being about her did alleviate some of that but it still feels kinda wonky.
I kinda wish they had introduced the Bionet stuff in the TV series as it made have made a good change of pace from the Zonder shit and also highlighted how evil humans could be on their own.

Btw lol at the sister docking with the flashing tits.

Gbraga

Just watched Non Non Biyori 3 and 4, and it's so, so good. This anime is beyond adorable, I started watching just because I saw some pic here and liked the art style, but I'm absolutely loving it.

It's easily my biggest surprise this season, I truly recommend it, just infinite cuteness and chill.

tumblr_mve58bpQ3T1sq9yswo1_500.gif

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 12

With all this backstabbing going on, I'm surprised people actually get to do business with eachother at all! The trading companies are practically maffiosi.

Just watched Non Non Biyori 3 and 4, and it's so, so good. This anime is beyond adorable, I started watching just because I saw some pic here and liked the art style, but I'm absolutely loving it.

It's easily my biggest surprise this season, I truly recommend it, just infinite cuteness and chill.

tumblr_mve58bpQ3T1sq9yswo1_500.gif

It's a sublime example of healing anime, and will definitely be underrated when people make up the score for the season.

Log Horizon 5

Starting to see a bit more backstory. Perverted jokes getting old. Serara taking over the cuteness mantle from Akatsuki.
More cat people.

Seems like the next episodes should pick up the pace.

• Little Busters ~ Refrain 03
I did not expect this story arc to be as sad as it was.

Or rather, it really was kinda undepressing up until that final WHAM line.

Then I bawled.
kkbeJBv.png

Strike the Blood 5

Shikigami moments was the highlight but a few of the other stuff really just felt like something to run the clock time down with. Ending moments made up for it, but it was the ending so :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So does like, Sasami have a thing for her "brother" Tenchi?

I use quotes because I don't actually believe they're related.

Pretty Sammy isn't Prisma Ilya, thankfully.

Also keep in mind that In the series,
Tenchi only appears for one episode and has no relation to the Kawai family

Syrinx

Mad Bull 34 3

B]Mad Bull 34 3[/B]

aSorry guys, Two-Face is taken. Find something else.

So is marriage just something women in this show do as thanks for a man saving them and protecting them? Because that's now two women after Daisaboro (sp).

Oh god the Xiao Yo Mang dubs. This is great. Oh and speaking of dubs, those protestors sure sound enthusiastic. And I agree, sign. "What is the justice" indeed.

HOLY SHIT! Did that woman seriously just decapitate that guy with her fingernails? Damn. And these ain't Wolverine claws either, though they are weapons. But still, cut the dude's head straight off. I love the violence in this show; it doesn't care about even seeming remotely realistic OH GOD LOL THE BLOOD SPRAYING AGAIN!

Oh God. Xiao Yo Mang, what are you doing? Xiao Yo Mang (really, what the fuck?).

"I know ace investigative reporter Jacqueline Moya (sp) wouldn't quit over a small thing like that". By "that", I assume you mean the aforementioned innocent people getting killed or injured as a result of this story? Yeah, small things. And the real reason, howee, that's even worse. "I'm not going to continue this story cause I no longer want to go after the dashing cop as I see you two are in love." Dem priorities and motivations.

"You in the tank, come out with your hands up!"

Lol what did that Xiao Yo Mang just say?

AHAHAHA SLEEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lifting that tank like a BOSS!
How'd he live that? Other than the fact that he's Sleepy?
And when did Pereen get her tits exposed? Funny how that happens. Always the titties.

Oh goddammit Sleepy.

• Little Busters ~ Refrain 04
I miss Kurugaya already

This show is now in full depression mode.

AND THEN THEY INTRODUCE A NEW CHARACTER I literally said WHO DIS?! WHO DIS?! out loud
and what do you even have to like Riki about, I have not seen you since like season 1

and they show us all heavy-handed pretty much in bold letters
YOU NOW LIKE RIN and that girl is supposed to know that even though Rin's actually been separate from Riki more than she was before the Little Busters were a thing

All this love quadrangling is reminding me of Toradora.
everything reminds me of toradora

6I167RH.png

I make this pose when startled too, Riki

Jo99PJJ.gif

LOL WHAT THE HECK A RANDOM CRAB

this episode is like heavy handed heaven. this is the best love story ever. what no

DcqPgz6.gif

it's also a realistic love story

It's been a while since I've smiled at stupid romance. Thank you Key. and then true to form they've gotta crush my feelings so quickly. AGH. AGHHH

Theonik

Hyouka 02
iWyTvVR23shze.png
ib2I5JuoPf8bzQ.png

Oreki sure knows how to grab people's attention.
Fluffy tails out of nowhere.
So in this episode we are introduced to Mayaka and already they've managed to tell us all that we need to know about her at this point in an organic way,
as well as introducing her relationship with suture club guy.
This episode also comes with the added benefit of having at actually interesting mystery on top of the character stuff. Speaking of which I really liked how this scene was presented visually. It is extremely effective at portraying Oreki's perceived distance from his peers.
I also continue to be impressed by the quality of the direction in this series. The layouts are pretty awesome too. Music felt better used this time around as well.
Last point I meant to mention is I like the OP and especially the way this effect was done. I'm a sucker for that sort of shading I guess.

That feel when no show to watch.
Watch Hyouka.

Log Horizon 5

20 minutes felt wasted there with only the last two minutes feeling necessary
finally addressing those two kids who had constant screentimes came faster than I expected. I thought it would be a major element much later on or second half. Though they are still far from Shiroe so maybe that is the plan potentially.

CorvoSol

Buh, I'm kinda bored. Like, Dual is sorta lame, Polar Bear Cafe is cute, but that's not really what I want right now, and the List is, quite honestly, not even half what I was really hoping for.

Like I get that viewed individually this shit is entertaining, but let's be honest: how many times can you see a bullet fired through a nipple or a skull exploded by a hand before it just doesn't phase you at all? And the worst is you can't even take most of this seriously because it's obviously shit from square one. Bagi works because there's fun to be had, Geass works because it lures you into taking it seriously, and School Days because it encourages you to encourage its meltdown, but like, shit like AD Police and Angel Cop is like sifting through spider carcasses and old newspaper used for packing in your parents garage in hopes of finding something neat. It's dull, unproductive, and the yield is so low.

Really hope this List improves, because as of Black Lion this is all the same shit, slightly different setting. Oh no Oda Nobunaga has alien technology! Because I didn't see this in a Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom