• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blahg Horizon - 04
All this exposition is killing me.

Dual-wielding rapiers in real life is a bad idea.

Akatsuki is adorable.

Serara reminds me of Kirbyguy I mean Cure Peace

The Sunday Without Zeus 03
I didn't need to know about her pantsu.

Crying little girls is starting to get cliche

cajunator

Banned
I want steak, as long as it's orgasmic.

Steak is usually pretty damned good. I havent had many bad ones.
I much prefer homemade chinese pepper steak though.

Usagi Drop Specials

Yup that was Usagi Drop. Even in condensed form, this show is still the sweetest thing ever. Aside from the length these didn't really feel any different from a regular episode.

I have no idea what you people are talking about. I expect to learn.

The ultimate in feelgood anime.

Just got Outlast with one of my best buds. Without exaggerating it went a bit like this:

-grab controller, walk around.
-scary jump scare happens
- scream, state to each other that it was stupid to buy this game since we're both scaredy cats.
- continue playing until chasing section. Scream uncontrollably as we forget which buttons do what. Get killed.
- Pass controller to next person swearing to never play again.
-Rinse and repeat.

I don't think I've ever screamed that much in my life from any piece of media. I need me some animu to calm my soul. Panda-kun save me from nightmares.

These jump scare games arent too bad to me. But then I see far worse things in my dreams/night terrors anyway.

Infinite Stratos S2 5

O...oh my. This whole episode. The fanservice level is:
spinaltap-11.jpg

Yamada-sensei: Of course she's the cow.

Japan: 8/10. notbad.gif Goddamnit, writers. Japan should not win. :/

England: 6/10. Hey, isn't that get up America's thing? Well, I guess England really doesn't have that much to work with :p

France: 9/10. HNNNNG. Poor Charles.

Germany: 7/10 for basically being a better england

Russia: 10/10. She's getting closer and closer to Best Girl every week.

China: 1/10. Try harder.

Sister: No. Fuck this shit.

Goddamn this show gets even dumber ever second. I didn't think that was possible.

Welp...
didn't see that coming.

France > Russia > Germany > who cares.

Flamenco Girl's a dick.

Well she certainly stomps on the competition.

New short PV and key visual for the The Idolmaster Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-L-33EdHsw

Apparently seven of the idols from the Million Live smartphone game will be appearing in the movie.

Takane looks good in that picture. Makoto looks good in any picture.

• Log Horizon - 02
I haven't heard this much exposition since Yu-Gi-Oh hahaha. They're explaining every single little gameplay detail!

Akatsuki reminds me of Taiga. I mean, mostly cause she's so moe and short and stuff, but also the ED is just giving me vibes of banira saruto lol

This is totally wish fulfillment anime. But I like it!

Man I love that ED. The show is so much better than SAO.

Seems Love Stage! may be our next season length yaoi oriented tv anime of 2014, as suggested by the AGF flyer the group handling the manga got, hopefully the next magazine issue delivers more news.

duckroll

Ufotable will prove once and for all that people do in fact die when they are killed, by finishing off Shitrou in the first episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 5:

Well, this was sadly a rather dull and plodding episode, but an important one as more world bu9idling is established and the set up for the next arc is also being done.

fertygo

Fate/Zero - 18+19 (rewatch)

Its hard for me to post screencap that without heavy spoiler, yeah its those episode.

Man Kiritsugu's story is so fucked up, Dude's so hard to himself just like that little girl that playing king. That dialogue with Natalia always hit me hard :(

Ezalc

Infinite Stratos 5

Good goddamn. Char is best girl but fuck Cecilia had the best segment and costume. Fuckin' harem protags.

In terms of actual art and animation, I'll say ep8 and ep20 are the best episodes. Maybe 25 too, since it had some pretty good cuts, but it wasn't quite as consistent. But while Phantom Blood was a couple of good episodes with a ton of draggy stuff, Battle Tendency is waaaaaaaaaay more entertaining with lots of exciting and interesting stuff happening even though there isn't much animation most of the time, with only a handful of episodes which felt a bit iffy.

I'm fine with the lack of animation, even if it does lessen the ability of the action scenes to be visually engaging. I just want some better characters, more varied situations, and preferably fewer "blahblah Overdrive!"s. If Battle Tendency gives me that, I'll be happy.

duckroll

I'm fine with the lack of animation, even if it does lessen the ability of the action scenes to be visually engaging. I just want some better characters, more varied situations, and preferably fewer "blahblah Overdrive!"s. If Battle Tendency gives me that, I'll be happy.

Yeah I think that's in fact exactly what Battle Tendency offers over Phantom Blood - there are more characters and they're more varied because they come from different countries/backgrounds/etc and they have their own reasons to be in the story, the situations are more interesting because it's a bigger adventure and not about traveling to Dracula's castle to fight him, and the fights are more about what challenges the situations feature and how Joseph gets his ass out of them, instead of him powering up the same attack to smash a bigger enemy.

Nafe

Happy Birthday amishpriest.

Have a good one.

---

New short PV and key visual for the The Idolmaster Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-L-33EdHsw

Apparently seven of the idols from the Million Live smartphone game will be appearing in the movie.

The new PV for The iDOLM@STER Movie shows that it has been inflicted with a terminal case of the Million Lives.

That's a nice picture. Really looking forward to this movie. I don't know anything really about Million Lives so it will be interesting to see those girls.

Articalys

DTB 2 has been available on Bluray in the US for a while now, so even those few people who liked the series have probably already picked it up.
Oh right, I forgot Funi put out the BD set a while ago (and still hasn't released BD for S1, though apparently AoA might have it), which makes this decision all the more interesting.

Also, the Funi release had locked subs.

Tenumi

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2: 05

How does one forget their own birthday? I mean, seriously!

Fanservice, no mechs, and little plot. Is anything actually going to get done in season 2?

Fanservice, no mechs, and little plot. Is anything actually going to get done in season 2?

if you think that the cliffanger we got will actually start something , you're mistaken we should have at least 2 to 3 more eps before they actually get the show moving .

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
tokyo ravens episode 4
I loved it, kon is super adorable, plus is a fox spirit, I wonder if she's actually powerful

Jarmel

Banned
Ufotable will prove once and for all that people do in fact die when they are killed, by finishing off Shitrou in the first episode.

There are versions of Shirou that are actually good/decent. It would mean though that they wouldn't adapt the Fate route.

fertygo

JoJo's pretty fascinating franchise because in every part passes we also seeing Araki growing as mangaka, we seeing him changing his style for chara design, the usage of trope, and some story mechanic.

its crazy how much different the series if you reaching the latter part.. from pretty basic beat-em up story, now its became similar to some obscure movie in the past.

Dude still have his own flaw, especially for creating plot that without massive hole, but its easy to see why the series have so vocal and fanatic fanbase, he know how to take care the enthusiasm for his work

Log Horizon 5
Some nice world building. Nyanta is still the best character

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi 4-6
This is a pretty mediocre anime but it is really colorful. Except for episode 6, they had a plot of main girl captured/possessed and main character dying six times and then somehow doing some amazing escape to again get killed six times before finally defeating the baddie

I've almost forgotten my birthday for the past 2 years. If he didn't celebrate it with anyone for a couple years, he probably didn't put so much value in it and didn't look forward to it so he forgot the date.

Log-horizon - 05

So my suspicions for last week episode were proven correct.

Looking forward to see the 3 new faces ( or is it 4 ? ) in a couple of episodes joining the team :)

Nyanta - san is quite the best character so far.

Well the fact that it's a bad end, highlights the bullshittery of the Fate arc.

Huh? How does
killing Sakura and foolishly trying to fight in a war with no servant against a bunch of people who can kill you easily say anything about the Fate arc? Mind of Steel is Shirou trying to imitate Kiritsugu, but he'll fail because he's no Kerry.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Superman killed a lot of people in Man of Steel

Krypton is my body and the sun is my blood
Known to death
and known to life
I have created over a thousand robots
yet these hands can hold anything
So as I pray
Unlimited Superpower Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.