• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aku no Hana 4

Changing the OP like that was so great. Loved how
Saeki cut off Kasuga's ostracization with the simplest of greetings.
Can't believe I thought "This sure just awkward," during the staircase scene given how the show has been to this point either.

It just gets more awkward as it goes along, somehow.

Jarmel

Banned
GaoGaiGar Final- 4

ib0sNT9X046z8a.jpg
ibf7NJOLCi1Efj.jpg
iFFCkJ1xnhpON.jpg
iNqo4DjQO9if7.jpg

Her name sounds like another word in the English language. She also penetrates her enemies.

So yea this definitely isn't for kids anymore. We see some bones seemingly ripped out of a person's body and some S&M bondage.

ib1qIflZJvxkUr.jpg

The symbology to the electric chair makes this scene amazing.

This was a really grim episode especially near the end. It's very passive except with some really dark undertones and then the undertones aren't so under anymore. The final scene was kinda shocking as it looks like Guy is being crushed to death.

This is much better directed as a whole than the TV series.

Patlabor TV 32

I don't think we've seen SV2 headquarters in the rain before. The rain helps to set up the right somber atmosphere to deal with the fallout of last episode and prepare for the confrontation bubbling to the surface. (
And yay, Kanuka came back!
)

The originally proposed trade was Episode 1 of Hyouka for Episode 5 of IS2. Pretty fair!

Hardly.

Quasar

Log Horizon 5 - favourite episode so far. Much more character and world focused, which is what I prefer. And Serara is adorable. The show was right on the bubble for me so this episode was just what I needed to persevere.

Pokemon X/Y 01

SFoVML7l.jpg

Oh wow, this gym's an ass.

Uh, not a bad start. Ash was a little too high strung at the start but I guess that whole new region smell got to him.

The two new tag alongs aren't too bad and don't grate me yet. Yet.

Team Rocket is back but seems to kept some competence which is nice.

I like the new animation effects they are doing now which does make this feel like a new series.

Pokemon X/Y 01

SFoVML7l.jpg

Oh wow, this gym's an ass.

Uh, not a bad start. Ash was a little too high strung at the start but I guess that whole new region smell got to him.

The two new tag alongs aren't too bad and don't grate me yet. Yet.

Team Rocket is back but seems to kept some competence which is nice.

I like the new animation effects they are doing now which does make this feel like a new series.

Eureka is a moenuke at times. You'll like her.

Spice & Wolf S2 5

Amarty is one sly motherfucker.
So basically Lawrence now can't fulfill his plan because he was given money in a currency which wouldn't be accepted at that auction thing? That is so fucking brilliant I can't deal with it.

Spice & Wolf S2 6

Lawrence's speech made me realize that maybe I'm not a total psycho for hypothesizing nearly every single thing I do.
I'm glad things are back to normal. Couldn't stand the tension of the possibility of Holo actually being with Amarty. That stuff was really well executed, making you feel just as terrible as Lawrence for everything that was going on with that relationship at that point.
One thing is certain - Holo is a fucking nutcase. The way she can play the entirety of a Steve Vai album with a man's heartstrings would drive anyone to the grave before the first song ends. I'm dead serious.

Who likes Momo from To Love Ru the most here? I have something for them.
Lala stronk!

I still can't believe I read the entirety of TLR and am up to date with TLR-D. It's the one thing I'll never admit to in real life. Well, that, and having seen School Days.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hey, is the first season of Pokemon being reaired in Japan in HD right now? I saw an image from Challenge of the Samurai that had borders to fill out the screen due to the 4:3 aspect ratio and a modern-looking clockshow clock. Maybe it was just a clip being aired on Pokemon Sunday.

Pokemon X/Y 02

SF7Y1uwl.jpg

Only the anime could make me start liking Froakie.

Pretty impressed with how action-y this episode is. Actual news worthy destruction was a treat.

Kinda odd that gym leaders and professors apparently aren't already friends. Especially when both of them are based in the same city.

"Another" would imply I've watched one.

I had someone else in mind. In any case, watch a Precure series. Doesn't matter which one.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 2

Yep, subs definitely give a different feel since it's not unintentionally hilarious, but we start off with something different! COMPUTERS EVERYWHERE! And parts that make me wonder HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY NOT REALIZE WHO IS WHO!? I mean, Misao just happened to be in the same place as Misa? Come on man. How do you not realize this?

I think Mach's are suppose to be Macs? I mean, it's close, ya?

In any case, considering the plan of the day was, you'd think it was an endgame plan. However, some dialog makes me wonder how well this would've been recieved these days. "We don't need computers to be happy". Maybe back then, but now? Someone could argue that.

Last note: Tsunami is a bit... oblivious..... I mean, she doesn't know that she has been talking to a doll all this time? That only says one bit of dialogue?

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono 5

This week's theme: cycling clubs.

And they were blatantly talking about Yowamushi Pedal during the segment about common themes in anime/manga cycling clubs. Though admittedly I haven't seen any other cycling anime, so maybe they really do all have a main character who amazes the other characters by effortlessly going up steep hills on a mamachari? lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 2

Yep, subs definitely give a different feel since it's not unintentionally hilarious, but we start off with something different! COMPUTERS EVERYWHERE! And parts that make me wonder HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY NOT REALIZE WHO IS WHO!? I mean, Misao just happened to be in the same place as Misa? Come on man. How do you not realize this?
Episode 1 explained this!

I think Mach's are suppose to be Macs? I mean, it's close, ya?
Mach System 8. Pineapple logo. Nah, no way.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon is Sword Art Online if SAO was enjoyable.

Too bad it won't do half as well... :(

I know :(
The horrors of reality.

Unfortunately I can't. I'm watching IS so Theonik will watch Hyouka.

I would enjoy it so much more if Houki would never come back and Ichika would just fuck someone.

Thats a weird agreement..

power of the watchbet

Can someone explain how these work?

Who likes Momo from To Love Ru the most here? I have something for them.

MEMEMEMEMMEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Andrew J.

Monogatari S2 18

Now here's an odd coincidence. A flashback arc depicts scenes in the past with a different art style reminiscent of old Japanese paintings. Korra no Densetsu did the same thing just two weeks ago!

Well, I do follow the dub and just haven't gotten around to watching the X/Y previews until now.

I might end up watching the Japanese versions of the episode as well starting from 3 and rewatching them once they dub it.

Oh, okay.

I just wanted to hear an opinion on the english voices for Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena from someone who began watching the series in dub.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 5

Nice animation on Midorima's 3pt shot. Also like the change of the music when Kuroko was about to re-enter the game.

The drive next week is going to crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom