• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

i've been watching it off and on for a while!

Then you know full well that Keita is the real problem with the show. Like honestly, Betterman has some pretty scary moments, but they're ruined by the fact that Keita overreacts to the point of cartoon comedy to EVERYTHING.

He's like if I was an anime character, except with a fetish for having women sit on his face and also women go within ten hundred yards of him willingly.

Narag

Then you know full well that Keita is the real problem with the show. Like honestly, Betterman has some pretty scary moments, but they're ruined by the fact that Keita overreacts to the point of cartoon comedy to EVERYTHING.

He's like if I was an anime character, except with a fetish for having women sit on his face and also women go within ten hundred yards of him willingly.

Yeah he fuckin' sucks. All about dat lamia

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA 3

sqvwVuD.jpg

Today I learn what Croquettish meant. There was also some Sexual Pixy Fire. I really think they understood the knick knacks behind Magical Girls. I should've realized sooner!

There was also a scene in here that clearly inspired Sonic 2006, except she doesn't realize it at least. One day, she'll understand what the D really means.

Well, at least there was no dumb friendship speeches in this.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Dishonor: Kapitel I

~ Oh well, I'm getting accustomed to this sin city, aren't I? ~

uOrQAnm.jpg

I wish Reinhardo-sama was here right now.

First Sherlock Holmes, now Miami Vice!

It's gonna be fun to see an integer and deeply honest man such as Kircheis interact with the rather morally questionable environment of Space Vegas. Seeing him lower his head and walk fervently pacing forward when propositioned by women at bars was hilarious.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 07
screenshot073tbsqd.png

I don't think I'll ever understand Miki and Touga's relationship.

Man people love to slap Anthy. It's just like, "Oh Anthy did something I mildly disapprove of? TIME FOR SLAPPING."

Anyway, this was a goodly episode. Jury's one of the more interesting characters to be introduced so far, and it was cool seeing a more drawn out fight at the end.

Random guessing time:
The Prince is End of The World, and he's manipulating Utena. No idea wazzup with the Phantom Castle though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
still haven't seen it...
You should!

I'm scared for you.

Also, how is Gravity PG anywhere? And why do movies cost so much?
IMAX tax. And I think Ontario doesn't really have PG-13. We have "14A" and "18A". lol
I assume it's PG-13 in the US though, since she only says "fuck" once in the movie.

And also, best movie is best. I thought I'd be bored after all these times, but it was still so engrossing to watch.

Monogatari S2 - 18

Superb , magnificent..

Doing this much with so little ..

Impressive

The choice of music was also incredible , especially the final scene...

It's a shame that you guys are missing "that book" animated , but i believe it would have an impact ( this episode ) regardless.

Congratulation SHAFT.

Yusibu 5

More bunnies!

Nice to finally see her wearing the costume aside from the Opening.

Liking Elsa more now that she's revealed that other side of hers.

And this is like the first time I've disliked Fino after she poisoned the old man.

That is unforgivable.

Little Busters! Refrain Episode 5

Was thinking something sad was going to happen to Rin going away but for it to completely switch to focusing on Riki and Kyousuke to find the revelation, I wonder whats next. Is Kyousuke still around or did he just vanish away now now that he was found out by Riki. Though more importantly what is the secret still. If it truly isnt just a ploy to make Rin more independent, then Im at a loss for what else is going on.

Solid ending scene before the credits though memorable location and even brief flashback.

Even though I had a some people here recommend me Hunter x Hunter, I started Fairy Tail for some odd reason last night...then after 4 minutes decided I was crazy, closed out and fired up the new Hunter x Hunter.

Hunter x Hunter 1-3
So here we go. Hunter x Hunter. Random thoughts. Great pacing right off the bat. I was afraid episode 1 would be nothing but Gon fishing for the Lord of the Lake (or whatever his name was), then BAM. He catches it within 2 minutes. Love it. I'm not sure how I feel about Gon already being able to jump up trees and kick slight ass. I'm curious if they'll ever explain, even if with a quick little mention that "Oh yeah, he used to train quite a bit back in the day". But even that would be pushing it a bit, since he is young and doesn't have much of a "back in the day" age-wise. This is just nit picky stuff and it's way too early to make any real judgements. I will say this though...I really loved the old hag quiz segment when asked who they would rescue in a life or death scenario...the son or daughter. It was great triple bluff. First Leorio thought there was a real answer between son or daughter. Then Kurapika recognized that silence was the only answer. Then they took it a step further when Gon made mention after the passage was open that he can't think of an answer....because there might come a time in his life when a tough decision like that does have to be made. And you realize in essence that Gon was the only one who truly understood the purpose of the question. If the show holds onto that idea I'll be very happy. I want some tough decisions and real moments in this later. This is coming from a fan of Bleach who has grown tired of action shows where people never die...even though they're constantly fighting.

And also: wow. There are a ton of similarities I can see between Naruto and Hunter x Hunter. Was the writer of Naruto a fan?

mhs004

Even though I had a some people here recommend me Hunter x Hunter, I started Fairy Tail for some odd reason last night...then after 4 minutes decided I was crazy, closed out and fired up the new Hunter x Hunter.

Hunter x Hunter 1-3
So here we go. Hunter x Hunter. Random thoughts. Great pacing right off the bat. I was afraid episode 1 would be nothing but Gon fishing for the Lord of the Lake (or whatever his name was), then BAM. He catches it within 2 minutes. Love it. I'm not sure how I feel about Gon already being able to jump up trees and kick slight ass. I'm curious if they'll ever explain, even if with a quick little mention that "Oh yeah, he used to train quite a bit back in the day". But even that would be pushing it a bit, since he is young and doesn't have much of a "back in the day" age-wise. This is just nit picky stuff and it's way too early to make any real judgements. I will say this though...I really loved the old hag quiz segment when asked who they would rescue in a life or death scenario...the son or daughter. It was great triple bluff. First Leorio thought there was a real answer between son or daughter. Then Kurapika recognized that silence was the only answer. Then they took it a step further when Gon made mention after the passage was open that he can't think of an answer....because there might come a time in his life when a tough decision like that does have to be made. And you realize in essence that Gon was the only one who truly understood the purpose of the question. If the show holds onto that idea I'll be very happy. I want some tough decisions and real moments in this later. This is coming from a fan of Bleach who has grown tired of action shows where people never die...even though they're constantly fighting.

And also: wow. There are a ton of similarities I can see between Naruto and Hunter x Hunter. Was the writer of Naruto a fan?

I watched five episodes of Fairy Tail and called it quits myself haha.

Get ready for the greatest ride of you're life HxH is best manga/anime out there.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
steins:gate dub is really great, the dialogue is the best part of the show, also everyone in toonamigaf likes daru

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've lost count how many times you've seen this. Still soaking up that IMAX experience before it's relegated to peasant home video release status I take it? I see a new movie every week, and I'm still stunned at how many times you've seen Gravity.
9. lol
And I'm as surprised as you are. I haven't watched a film this many times in theaters in my life, outside of the four or five times i watched Saving Private Ryan because of the D-Day sequence (of course, now I wish I could slap my younger self and watch Thin Red Line five times in theaters instead). Hell, I don't even really go to the movies that much nowadays anyway. But yeah, once it's gone from theaters, it's gone... so I feel kind of obligated to watch it as many times as I can before it simply becomes a fading memory.

Branduil

Valvrave the Liberator 11

Valvrave... will you... marry me?

Valvrave the Liberator 12

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

SUPERMARKET

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 6

Holy arbitrary powers, Batman. I piddled my pantaloons.

Steins;Gate 6

The dialogue/localization is 90% of the fun of this show. Also, text msg-girl is definitely going to murder someone.

cnet128

Banned
Just watched Non Non Biyori 3 and 4, and it's so, so good. This anime is beyond adorable, I started watching just because I saw some pic here and liked the art style, but I'm absolutely loving it.

It's easily my biggest surprise this season, I truly recommend it, just infinite cuteness and chill.

I made a separate "Secret Best Show Of The Season Candidate" tier just for this show back when I wrote up my pre-season watchlist. I feel like this decision has been entirely justified.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave the Liberator 11

Valvrave... will you... marry me?

Valvrave the Liberator 12

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

SUPERMARKET

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 6

Holy arbitrary powers, Batman. I piddled my pantaloons.

Steins;Gate 6

The dialogue/localization is 90% of the fun of this show. Also, text msg-girl is definitely going to murder someone.

lol. best reactions.

LordCanti

Monogatari 18

That seems like...the laziest way they could have possibly done that.

Contrast with the segments where Hanekawa is
travelling the world
to an awesome guitar riff and awesome visuals.

9. lol
And I'm as surprised as you are. I haven't watched a film this many times in theaters in my life, outside of the four or five times i watched Saving Private Ryan because of the D-Day sequence (of course, now I wish I could slap my younger self and watch Thin Red Line five times in theaters instead). Hell, I don't even really go to the movies that much nowadays anyway. But yeah, once it's gone from theaters, it's gone... so I feel kind of obligated to watch it as many times as I can before it simply becomes a fading memory.

Did you see The Tree of Life in theaters multiple times or did it not play near you during its run? It sounds like you would have. I honestly don't see that many movies multiple times, but I can see why someone would. 9 times though? Yeah, nah.

Clannad - Series Review

Last night I decided to marathon through the rest of the series starting from episode 17. Overall this was an enjoyable romance anime and surprisingly not a typical harem anime that I expected originally. However, like I was told, it wasn't particularly sad but hopefully, since I am now exposed to the characters and their motivations, I'll be able to connect with After Story, we'll see.

Comedy was well-paced with the drama in the show; Nagisa's family just being plain hilarious in addition with Sunohara who surprisingly possessed his own character instead of being comic relief that he was originally introduced as.

Music was enjoyable with the OP being nice to listen to. Ambient soundtracks fit well in both the comedic and dramatic aspects though there was some jarring pieces:
most notably that song sung in english which played during the end of Fuko's arc.

Drama was great and with Tomoya's character it was easier to relate instead of a teen angst main protagonist or a bland main protagonist.

I also watched the OVA which was just one episode featuring a romance with
Tomoyo. I actually liked it as I really liked Tomoyo however it seemed that the romance caused both to suffer more than they would have if they stayed friends like in the canon.

So in conclusion the anime was great. In comparing it to other animes I've watched I'd have to say it is so far better than Angel Beats! for how the show was executed. With its 23-episode framework I was more invested into the characters, however I still believe Angel Beats! had the better potential of plot and superior music.

Golden Time 5

Nice episode though I found the
Banri-ghost to be pretty jarring. The same messages/theme of the episode could've been portrayed without the ghost telling us "You had relationship with Linda in the past!"
I need more Linda and Chinami episodes.

I watched five episodes of Fairy Tail and called it quits myself haha.

Get ready for the greatest ride of you're life HxH is best manga/anime out there.
Fairy tail has a very horrible start in anime.. doesn't get intresting untill the author pick up his pace .. anime follow the same path so it's feel boring ( at start ) get better after .
let me check my list of naruto fans.

Should be quite a huge list.

Monogatari 18

That seems like...the laziest way they could have possibly done that.

Contrast with the segments where Hanekawa is
travelling the world
to an awesome guitar riff and awesome visuals.

Well sinobu was the narrator and probably didn't want to disclose more information than necessary.

Monogatari S2 18
i liked the look of this episode though I probably wouldn't like multiple episodes like this. Shinobu told an interesting tale though

REC 1-2
Liking this more than most romance anime because
they had sex.
A tad weird first meeting though

I wonder why Key decided to make Kudryavka's romance in Little Busters into a full visual novel

Kurugaya is way more attractive and not 9 years old

LordCanti

I see your point, but found it to be a superb episode.

Her backstory is interesting, but actually seeing events unfold instead of having a scrolling PNG would have been so much better.

Well sinobu was the narrator and probably didn't want to disclose more information than necessary.

This seemed like them being slaves to the novels (which I can't read since that section isn't translated). Instead of adapting it for a visual medium, they just did it verbatim with Shinobu talking to an image scroll.

I could see fans being angry either way, I guess. I fully realize that they usually are pretty slavish, but this was another level for me.

CorvoSol

Blood C 1

Alright! A series I can actually care about enough to CARE when it goes Listworthy insane! And it is by CLAMP! Thank you, based CLAMP, for breaking up the monotony that was the List.

Girl is stupid incompetent in her day to day life but can kick Old Stone Scyther's ass, huh? I'm okay with this.

Patlabor TV 34-35

This was fantastic stuff. I really liked how the battle was paced and structured; having many parties involved - the Patlabor team, the Griffin team, Shaft Security, the media - all working towards their different and contradictory goals made for a varied and compelling clash. The central clash between Noa and Bud was particularly well thought out, moving from the opening standoff to a slugfest as they wear each other down. There was some great action animation, and the shading on the Griffin continues to be ominous; it hasn't stopped being an imposing mecha after coming out into the open. Perhaps the best episodes of the show so far, and great payoff for this ongoing plot thread.

Clannad - Series Review

Last night I decided to marathon through the rest of the series starting from episode 17. Overall this was an enjoyable romance anime and surprisingly not a typical harem anime that I expected originally. However, like I was told, it wasn't particularly sad but hopefully, since I am now exposed to the characters and their motivations, I'll be able to connect with After Story, we'll see.

Comedy was well-paced with the drama in the show; Nagisa's family just being plain hilarious in addition with Sunohara who surprisingly possessed his own character instead of being comic relief that he was originally introduced as.

Music was enjoyable with the OP being nice to listen to. Ambient soundtracks fit well in both the comedic and dramatic aspects though there was some jarring pieces:
most notably that song sung in english which played during the end of Fuko's arc.

Drama was great and with Tomoya's character it was easier to relate instead of a teen angst main protagonist or a bland main protagonist.

Tomoyo. I actually liked it as I really liked Tomoyo however it seemed that the romance caused both to suffer more than they would have if they stayed friends like in the canon.

So in conclusion the anime was great. In comparing it to other animes I've watched I'd have to say it is so far better than Angel Beats! for how the show was executed. With its 23-episode framework I was more invested into the characters, however I still believe Angel Beats! had the better potential of plot and superior music.

Angel Beats probably would be as good as Clannad if not better if it got an entire two seasons that Clannad did.

Excited for the Angel Beats VN.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Buh, I'm kinda bored. Like, Dual is sorta lame, Polar Bear Cafe is cute, but that's not really what I want right now, and the List is, quite honestly, not even half what I was really hoping for.

Like I get that viewed individually this shit is entertaining, but let's be honest: how many times can you see a bullet fired through a nipple or a skull exploded by a hand before it just doesn't phase you at all? And the worst is you can't even take most of this seriously because it's obviously shit from square one. Bagi works because there's fun to be had, Geass works because it lures you into taking it seriously, and School Days because it encourages you to encourage its meltdown, but like, shit like AD Police and Angel Cop is like sifting through spider carcasses and old newspaper used for packing in your parents garage in hopes of finding something neat. It's dull, unproductive, and the yield is so low.

Really hope this List improves, because as of Black Lion this is all the same shit, slightly different setting. Oh no Oda Nobunaga has alien technology! Because I didn't see this in a Pokemon game.
Look, at this point I must remind you that it was YOU who insisted on going through it alphabetically despite advice to the contrary, and it was YOU who ignored suggestions on what to focus on.

Watch Arjuna, Yami, or a Happy Science film already if you're burned out on ultra-violence.

cajunator

Banned
Sometimes the idea of shame is enough. We are all men/women of honour after all!

Well, thats true mostly.

It's just Sasami with the middle sa removed and the final vowel elongated; Pioneer romanized it as "Samy" instead of "Samii" and the extra m seems to have been added for the English-speaking market. It's part of the joke that their disguises are so thin that even their names are almost the same post-transformation.

Doing 4kids work for them then!

Oh dear god yes nyaa~ NYAAAAAAAA~~~~~

Well, you'll forever be labelled as someone as who can't uphold their side of an agreement and considering the memories of some people in here, that's not to be made fun of.

Unless you're a person who doesn't care about such things naturally.

The deal I made with Theonik balances out: I watch something dreadful while he gets to watch something legitimately good*.

*Although the notion of good in this thread is subjective.

Sounds dreadful. Better not welch on it.

Infinte Stratos 2 - 4

Arachne was so fucking cool. Know what was cooler? Russia.

Episode 5 goes to another plane of amazing. A whole different level of omgsquee

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Blood C 1

Alright! A series I can actually care about enough to CARE when it goes Listworthy insane! And it is by CLAMP! Thank you, based CLAMP, for breaking up the monotony that was the List.

Girl is stupid incompetent in her day to day life but can kick Old Stone Scyther's ass, huh? I'm okay with this.

kyou wa ii tenki~♫

1voGyl.gif

Doing 4kids work for them then!

But my point was that it's not a localized name change, just an alternate romanization.

Blood C 1

Unlike most of "The List", Blood-C is a legitimately well-made show. Try to watch the censored TV version if you can, as I feel that's better than the uncensored.

Clannad - Series Review

A pretty good summary of the first season. But it's the After Story where things really start to pick up. You're in for a treat.

Fairy tail has a very horrible start in anime.. doesn't get intresting untill the author pick up his pace .. anime follow the same path so it's feel boring ( at start ) get better after .

Seriously? I thought Fairy Tail at the beginning was funny and entertaining. Sure, things didn't start happening until the Galuna Island arc, but I was too busy laughing at the character's antics to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom