• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now that I think of it, why IS that your tag, MadPierrot?

I introduced Happy Science to AnimeGAF. Hito was immensely entertained, to say the least, and gave me the tag as a reward(?).

wonzo's tag is also Happy Science-related; it references a certain plot element in The Laws of Eternity.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 10

Wow, this already is a million times better than Phantom Blood. Battle Tendency's scope is larger, and it promises to live up to the "adventure" part of the name much better. We've already been in three countries (assuming the hijacking is supposed to take place in Britain). The music, the sound effects, and especially Joseph are hype. Joseph spent the whole episode doing increasingly ridiculous things,
and then he just pulls out a machine gun from nowhere and lays into Straizo without warning! What the hell!
America sure was a rough place in the 1930s!

You've only seen part of why Joseph is the best JoJo ever.

Notes from a Sentai Filmworks panel at a smaller con in Vermont this weekend -- their March release slate will at least include the second half of Sakurasou, the third Mardock Scramble movie, and the full To Love-Ru Darkness series.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?10688&p=212295&viewfull=1#post212295

I assume this means just the TV series for To Love Ru: Darkness. If I am stating this correctly, there are currently three OVAs and two more OVAs to come bundled with I believe the 8th and 9th manga.

Syrinx

I think a Happy Science film may be my next list expedition after I finish Mad Bull 34. And watch Black Lion. This sounds positively fascinating.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I had assumed that an alphabetical watching of the List was at once systematic and the easiest way of getting a good randomization out of it. I'm just kind of tired of seeing people crush skulls with their hands. I think Angel Cop was so hyperviolent it just kind of killed whatever hopes other superviolent shows on the List might have.
At least tell me "who wants to be bait?" got a laugh from you.

And are Happy Science films like Scientology things or something else?
Similar to, but Happy Science is its own thing. Like comparing 360 to PS3, with Happy Science being the Japanese one.

I would not presume to question those who placed things on the List. I think, as something people compiled over time, and viewed as individual things rather than one after another, the entries undoubtedly qualify. Hito is right, really: these things only seem droll to me because I'm watching them one after another.
The simple truth is that not all List shows are equal, and neither has every entry been as thoroughly vetted. For a while the priority was to just collect whatever we could find. When it says "caveat", take it seriously.

The kinds of shows on the List are also not uniform. A while back I made a post walking through the shows I had seen personally and I outlined the basic groupings. Going too wild in a category you're not receptive to isn't a good idea.

Articalys

I assume this means just the TV series for To Love Ru: Darkness. If I am stating this correctly, there are currently three OVAs and two more OVAs to come bundled with I believe the 8th and 9th manga.
Yeah, the source didn't actually mention what the release would contain, so blame that on me for trying to get more specific than what the current info indicated. Forget I said anything other than that the series will see some sort of disc release in March.

Gob Horizon AOTY
XKzwEoJ.gif

Yeah, the source didn't actually mention what the release would contain, so blame that on me for trying to get more specific than what the current info indicated. Forget I said anything other than that the series will see some sort of disc release in March.

Probably DVD sub-only since the previous two seasons in the series have not been on Blu-ray from Sentai. I do not mind sub-only
for goddess Momo
, but I do like Blu-rays for HD-series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you see The Tree of Life in theaters multiple times or did it not play near you during its run? It sounds like you would have. I honestly don't see that many movies multiple times, but I can see why someone would. 9 times though? Yeah, nah.
I saw it a couple of times, then just waiting for the home release because it's fine to watch that way.
But part of this movie is the 3d, among other things, which I can't reproduce easily. lol

Pocket Monsters X/Y 03

VdfxEy8l.jpg

There's always Beedrill to ruin your day.

Well I do like determined Froakie. Clemont's gimmick seems to be failed inventions so that's cool I guess. I guess anyone who wanted his damn badge is just outta luck now.

Bonnie is a lot better than I thought she would be. She acts like a young girl who makes it better than previous terrible kids on this show.

Jintor

Pocket Monsters X/Y 03

VdfxEy8l.jpg

There's always Beedrill to ruin your day.

Well I do like determined Froakie. Clemont's gimmick seems to be failed inventions so that's cool I guess. I guess anyone who wanted his damn badge is just outta luck now.

Bonnie is a lot better than I thought she would be. She acts like a young girl who makes it better than previous terrible kids on this show.

yeah, well, brock basically just fucked off to go travelling with ash, so it's got precedent

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 2

And everyone just readily accepts the idea that Magical girls are real. Hilarious.

God damn, Misa is even better than before. Meanwhile as Monsters shoot CDs from their tits....

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 2

And everyone just readily accepts the idea that Magical girls are real. Hilarious.

God damn, Misa is even better than before. Meanwhile as Monsters shoot CDs from their tits....
You're one ep away from definitive proof of this.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Dual! Parallel Troubles 6

Poor, poor Notsuka, she just cannot win. She's obviously competing for Tenshinji's heart here, but between the alien and the "adult" well, she just isn't coming out on top. Mechanical hijinks is the best means of describing this show, as the heroes seem unconcerned with fighting their foe and are instead busy goofing off in their mechs half the time. Though less so than say, Coop.

I use to watch this show all the time back when techtv was a thing and they had anime unleashed

Can't say it's been the best, but I do appreciate the birthday wishes. It has been a challenging couple of days, but I'll manage. One thing that has become clear is that my best friends now are here on GAF, present company included.

<3 *hugs*

We'll do a con one of these days and maybe an Indians game next spring!

For me fairy tail first arcs have a very bad pacing and a odd sense of adventure .
Most of it was told under Lucy POW and she didn't fit the role of a main character ( we all know natsu is the hero and that's why i got confused )

Once the author just let the crazy door open in term of scale , fights and tension fairy tail really shine and there was none of that untill the first BIG arc ( the tower )
Does that mean after Hunter x Hunter, at some point, it wouldn't be a complete waste of time to watch Fairy Tail? I'm just not in the mood for a silly action anime right now, but if there are some great moments here and there...I can bite later.

LordCanti

Eden of the East Movie II

Realized I had never seen it despite having been a big EOTE fan back when it aired:

This is the best conclusion I could have hoped for. It didn't make any sense that
Mr. Outside
had as much political power as it seemed, and the revelation that
Number 2 was actually allied with the PM
was right where I was hoping they'd go with it. I remember people complaining about the ending, and I'm guessing that I'm remembering them being angry that
Saki and Tokizawa don't end up together. I can see that, but it really gets put into context when you hear that they'd spent all of eleven days together or something total. You can't become the King/Most wanted man in a country and then somehow settle down either. It was never going to work like that, and I'm glad that they had the balls to go through with it. I usually want the good end, but I'm more than happy with the ending that was presented here.

For some reason this series picked up a bad reputation after the TV series ended, and after watching the movies again, I don't really know why. I thought it was great, even if they don't entirely sell the ability of the phones to do some of the stuff that Juiz does in the show.

fertygo

Fate/Zero - 24 (rewatch)

Holy mother for some reason this episode feel way different than what I remember, holy mother that 2nd half.. wow, its sum up Kiritsugu's character very well.

He's a man that never doubt to pull the trigger, he kill his father without doubt the second he know what his father doing, same thing with Natalia, and now with Holy Grail he doing the same. He even betraying Ilya for that, yeah she not just illusion remember the grail saying she already became the shell of the grail and thus carrying the personality and wishes.. also remember, she once said her wish is to end the HGW forever.. So that actually really Ilya that he seen, and he just kill her.
At every of those action its make you wonder the guy can hold his horse before act, hell even me think like that lol
But he give no damn, he just pulling those trigger without doubt.. what a man, like Kirei no one will ever understand him.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 10
screenshot085nastz.png

Oh you guys and your mysterious stock footage.

No why are you making me feel sympathy for Nanami I never asked for this. I didn't like her at all previously, but this episode really fleshed her out.
What is Touga plottiiiiing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, if you've seen Gravity 9 times, and it's about $20 a ticket, then you've spent $180 on screenings for a single movie?
Funny enough, D-box was more expensive than IMAX. I've seen the movie on normal screens 4 times at 13 bucks a pop, D-box was 23 bucks, IMAX twice at 20 bucks, and UltraAVX/Atmos twice at 16 bucks a pop. But yeah, the equivalent of two anime volumes! lol

Narag

Aku no Hana 5

God damn, this show continues to impress. How far will Kasuga descend into his despair? To what lengths will Nakamura go to manipulate Kasuga? Every time I think I have a handle on it, I learn I have no clue. so good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eden of the East Movie II

Realized I had never seen it despite having been a big EOTE fan back when it aired:

This is the best conclusion I could have hoped for. It didn't make any sense that
Mr. Outside
had as much political power as it seemed, and the revelation that
Number 2 was actually allied with the PM
was right where I was hoping they'd go with it. I remember people complaining about the ending, and I'm guessing that I'm remembering them being angry that
Saki and Tokizawa don't end up together. I can see that, but it really gets put into context when you hear that they'd spent all of eleven days together or something total. You can't become the King/Most wanted man in a country and then somehow settle down either. It was never going to work like that, and I'm glad that they had the balls to go through with it. I usually want the good end, but I'm more than happy with the ending that was presented here.

For some reason this series picked up a bad reputation after the TV series ended, and after watching the movies again, I don't really know why. I thought it was great, even if they don't entirely sell the ability of the phones to do some of the stuff that Juiz does in the show.

As someone who likes both movies, I feel like people were more impressed by the intrigue than the actual ideas the series - as a whole - was trying to raise. Both about identity and about the lost generation.

Whenever I hear people (ie, ANNCast) tell people to watch the series but not watch the movies, I wonder why you would even bother watch the series in the first place? If you're not interested in the themes of the series, why not just watch something else that does political techno thriller in a much more interesting way?

But, I admit, I think we're in a minority in terms of viewing the movies as good conclusions to the series.

Gazoinks

Aku no Hana 5

God damn, this show continues to impress. How far will Kasuga descend into his despair? To what lengths will Nakamura go to manipulate Kasuga? Every time I think I have a handle on it, I learn I have no clue. so good.

Pretty damn far.
It's definitely impressive how this show keeps managing to up the ante. Seems like the manga goes even farther, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom