• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 whatever episode I was on last - Episode 18

Fuck. So many fist pumping moments. This show is so good. I can't believe I sat on this one for as long as I did.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh also butts.

That and the accent I think.

Like, if it was, say, Lotus Juice rapping over the top I'd be fine with it because his pronounciation is relatively okay and Meguro can rescue the bits he sounds weird in. But Database doesn't really pick up until the japanese lyrics kick in, and that's a good few seconds of just straight up bad english vocals.

Its just Rage Against the Machine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Log Horizon 5
I was wondering just what the deal was with the NPC's so I'm glad this episode answered some of the questions I had about them. The way food works in the "game" still seems kinda dumb and unnecessary though.
At the very end of the series you're gonna find out about the food.
They've been eating people this whole time.

fertygo

Monogatari - 18

INB4 Jex's suicide .gif in his impression post.
5 minute in and I want to do the same too, fuck you SHAFT.

EDIT: This eps actually was rather cool.

Theonik

Hyouka 03
ibgeNsjIxKvES1.png
iJO6ohsbhTC5f.png

Good.
I'm still uncertain how people can say this show is boring because I'm not seeing this at all, not in the slightest.
The more I watch this the more infatuated I become with it, everything about it is very well done, though there are some decisions which I don't really like, for instance the hell is up with that CG fan. I was lied to!
Looking forward to the CG umbrella
I felt the cafe scene was weakened somewhat though because of how late I'm watching this, it was still remarkably well done it just lost a lot of tension from knowing
it was going to be bait and switch from the start
Oreki continues to impress with his ability to manipulate people. In another universe he's be Lelouch's lazy cousin or whatever.
I'm curious of what the mystery is about. What could the uncle possibly have done!?

Jintor

Log horizon 02

I'm very impressed. A well thought out pk battle (even if there was a tad too much explaining going on, specifically explaining to the enemy, something that always irks me), and an examination of the more existential crisis of living full time in a mmo environment.

The only thing that bugs me is how... mascot atutski is at the moment. But I love the post apocalyptic Tokyo jungle style setting, and there's just this wonderful sense of adventure to this whole thing I'm really digging.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker Episode 105 (EngDub)
tumblr_mvoxa5UjNf1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mvoxa5UjNf1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Finally official Cardfight!! Vanguard channel started adding more videos to their youtube meaning we can finally see beyond Asia Circuit. Link Joker is off to a good start, Naoki is such an amazing personality already and just plain hilarious with his over the top antics no matter the location. He gets so into the game with shouting and being mesmerized (and the friendship levels between him and Aichi are pretty high). Cant really ask for a better start than this. The cards are also good, Blaster Blade Liberator, Red River Dragoon, Stone Bullet Eradicator, and a few more. Looking forward to more.

It was the weakest episode of the show, but it was still pretty entertaining.

I voted Hyouka as my AOTY, but that episode was boring and bordering on self-parody. Episode 6 is basically what all the people who call Hyouka boring and sleep inducing think the rest of the show is like.

Now I want to make it to the 6th episode of Hyouka asap to see what this is about.
It's not worth anticipating. It's an episode devoted to figuring out why
their math teacher forgot his lesson plan.

More Carnival Phantasm.

Screw you duckroll, Tiger's Dojo in blu-ray extra for new F/SN animu will be awesome.
1383430308686.gif

They really nailed the tiger dojo sequences perfectly

I want to into Tsukihime but the outdated VN is hard to read for today's age, and the anime not exist, etc.

I think the tsukihime game need a rewrite ( seriously ) but hey fate stay night sells more
(edit below to explain what i mean )

Saint Seiya Omega's new opening was surprisingly well animated, especially after the rather lazy 1st opening of the second season. It's very spoiler filled though. It stands out in that sense even for a Toei opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcXRtz2iBZs
Oh so spoilery .. this basicly confirm what we know since god know how long ,
Subaru is the final bad guy in disguise

Cool opening , nice effect i like the improved look ... athena in armor is great , pallas grown-up is good too. I like it.

Mirror Moon's stuff is all pretty awkward, though I'm not sure what sales have to do with fan translations.

Sorry will edit above in a couple of minutes .. [edited]
What they should do with tsukihime ,
Rewrite the entire story , keep the same story events , but just write it better .do that in a remake.( update the graphics as a bonus )

I wasn't clear enough in my previous post , sorry.

Sorry will edit above in a couple of minutes .. [edited]
What they should do with tsukihime ,
Rewrite the entire story , keep the same story events , but just write it better .do that in a remake.( update the graphics as a bonus )

I wasn't clear enough in my previous post , sorry.

They've been working on a remake for some time now. Who knows when it'll ever come out given how slow Type Moon is nowadays.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Outbreak Company Episode 1

This show is so fucking dumb.

That quiz didn't even seem hard, and I'm not even from your country.

There is a large amount of rape faces in this anime.

So many screencaps could be taken of this show.

Now I want to make it to the 6th episode of Hyouka asap to see what this is about.

It's OK; it's the weakest episode of the show (11.5 almost ties with it, except for the pool setting bringing a little more interesting visual design), but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. The mystery is silly, but there's some nice character development moments. Watching it with knowledge of what would happen in the future showed me how much foreshadowing there is in it. For a small example, it's mentioned how Satoshi did poorly on the midterms that happened previously and how he'll have to take makeup exams, and in a later episode he's dragged away to take said midterm exams.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I love Hyouka's 11.5. Kind of a different pace to it that really embellishes the movie arc and gives more insight into the characters.

Did... did I really just watch One Piece... in 1080p!? CR is doing it right! Kinda disappointed that they couldn't get the new OP, but I don't mind. I'm just glad that I could see it like that.

If there was one episode to watch in HD, it was surely this one. Lots of stuff was happening all over the place in this episode.

/XX/

Happy Birthday amishpriest.
Happy Birthday, amishpriest99 (although you already said you had a good one)!

Eva 3.0 was a mediocre film, but at least there was a minor Miyukichi role and the ever so handsome Kaworu.
Maybe they shouldn't have let aside Mr. Satsukawa precisely for the script of Evangelion: 3.0, and the relationship between the two boys could have been more... interesting:

View topic - Anno interview from 1996 :: EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community said:
—— Who worked on Episode 24?

Anno: A person named Satsukawa (Akio)-san did that. Satsukawa-san is better at—this is bad to say, but—he’s right on the mark when it comes to homoeroticism. *laugh*

—— Did you stop Satsukawa-san when it looked like he was going to go berserk, Director Anno?

Anno: No, nothing like that. Satsukawa-san’s atmosphere remains in the script. Satsukawa-san’s original script had more of that sort of meaning and was JUNE-like.

—— For example?

Anno: I’m the one who went and set it in the bath, though. In the original script, the two of them were swimming naked in a river. *laugh*

—— In broad daylight?

Anno: It might’ve been at night.

—— At night, while showering in the moonlight?

Anno: I don’t know. There was a beautiful picture of the two of them swimming in the river.

—— The version of the ending, “FLY ME TO THE MOON”, with two boys *laughs*.

Anno: The staff told me that “No, they really can’t do it” *laugh*.

—— Were there other scenes like that?

Satō: Hmm, he had a cello, right? Together…“I’ll play the piano, so you play the cello!” he said. At night, in a classroom, Kaworu went first, and he was playing; when Shinji softly peeked in on him, “Can you do something, too?” “Next time, let’s do it together.” It had that sort of feeling. “I’ll sing a little, so…”

Anno: That’s right, that’s right. There was a scene in a music room after an evacuation, when no one was there.
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15227/Anno-interview-from-1996/

It's almost a bit refreshing to see a sporadic design between the individual releases, what with series like Evangelion having very themed and calculated designs.
The LaserDisc Theatre BOX actually did change from that Mr. Anno/Nezu inspired 'ideogram plagued' package design, and it looks beautiful as well.

It also has a pretty a-typical back-of-the-box in the terms of any media release... It's like a novel... It's not any different than other criterion collection releases, though it is nice to see one praising Otomo like a foreword to a novel. They must have printed a lot of them since they still go for around $12.00 on Ebay.
All are probably still selling theirs waiting to get that more elusive CAV discs edition... you know, the one Hiroyuki Yamaga was apparently jealous of!

Black Lion is the real deal.
It could be Go Nagai's magnum opus in a world without Violence Jack.
If you ignore all of his mecha works, maybe!
Maybe this is the obvious, easy mention but from early Mr. Nagai Devilman remains unavoidable, in part because it also created a devil-ish influence I love the best!

Theonik

It's the titular character's actual name, not a real lamia!
And removed.

It's OK; it's the weakest episode of the show (11.5 almost ties with it, except for the pool setting bringing a little more interesting visual design), but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. The mystery is silly, but there's some nice character development moments. Watching it with knowledge of what would happen in the future showed me how much foreshadowing there is in it. For a small example, it's mentioned how Satoshi did poorly on the midterms that happened previously and how he'll have to take makeup exams, and in a later episode he's dragged away to take said midterm exams.
Oh well I should be able to form my own opinion of it tomorrow at the latest.

Maybe this is the obvious, easy mention but from early Mr. Nagai Devilman remains unavoidable, in part because it also created a devil-ish influence I love the best!
Given that
Devilman and Violence Jack actually converge at one point they count as a single entity in my books though.

The helicopter episode had great backgrounds.

That episode was good at both establishing a heightened level of romantic tension between Oreki and Chitanda, and underlining the idea of mystery as seeking insight into a person's soul that the series contrasts with the idea of mystery as intellectual puzzle.

/XX/

Given that
Devilman and Violence Jack actually converge at one point they count as a single entity in my books though.
All converging after the decisive apocalypse that changed and united it all, in fact. I loved that kind of twisted 'all-stars' idea, proper of the master creator that is evil without even meaning to be so. :)

And to keep talking of Mr. Nagai; upscale and all, I like very much the picture quality on the Re: Cutie Honey BD-BOX release:

CATSUKA FORUM • Voir le sujet - T'aimes la HD, gros ?
http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/viewtopic.php?p=398277#p398277

cajunator

Banned
In a totally unrelated question, scoring from 0 to 10, how interesting is for you to watch paint dry?

about a 2.

Its just Rage Against the Machine.

Lol it really sounded like it. not sure if I liked that or not. Im leaning towards not really.

Hyouka 03

I'm still uncertain how people can say this show is boring because I'm not seeing this at all, not in the slightest.
The more I watch this the more infatuated I become with it, everything about it is very well done, though there are some decisions which I don't really like, for instance the hell is up with that CG fan. I was lied to!
Looking forward to the CG umbrella
I felt the cafe scene was weakened somewhat though because of how late I'm watching this, it was still remarkably well done it just lost a lot of tension from knowing
it was going to be bait and switch from the start
Oreki continues to impress with his ability to manipulate people. In another universe he's be Lelouch's lazy cousin or whatever.
I'm curious of what the mystery is about. What could the uncle possibly have done!?

The initial episodes are interesting in terms of explaining some things. After that it became plodding for a bit before picking up again. Overall Hyouka isnt boring, since there are far more interesting episodes once the mundane stuff goes by.

Philistines! All of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkss2k1DomM

Mr.Jeff

That episode was good at both establishing a heightened level of romantic tension between Oreki and Chitanda, and underlining the idea of mystery as seeking insight into a person's soul that the series contrasts with the idea of mystery as intellectual puzzle.
Well that and as the episode pointed out
showing the change in Oreki's personality into showing his own curiosity and not ignoring through ignoring it as normal.

Infinite Stratos - 2
Well the fight was alright I guess. Bit slow though. There's probably all kinds of reasons why combat mechs are only allowed to be used for mock battles but whatever it is, it feels stupid.

Houki is still the worst and my god the title for the next episode feels like something scraped out of the LN barrel of shame: "The transfer student is the second childhood friend".
Childhood friends are the worst.

Theonik

Hyouka 04
iOIWlOxbbtqWX.png

I really like these angles and the fact the characters actually have noses. Also waifu material etc etc.
You can tell anime/Kids on the Slope has ruined me when I come to expect a single fang at this scene.
And mystery solved
or is it
from what I gather the show is based on 1 large mystery for each arc + a small one each episode or is the Hyouka mystery an overarching plot of sorts?
Also damn is Chitanda rich. I sort of brushed that off the past few eps but damn. Also Oreki's actually interested in Chitanda surprisingly and Sewing club dude is clueless as ever. Poor Mayaka.
I should also mention I love the different visual styles they've been cramming in this show for the stories and such. So good.

cajunator

Banned
Well that and as the episode pointed out
showing the change in Oreki's personality into showing his own curiosity and not ignoring through ignoring it as normal.

Infinite Stratos - 2
Well the fight was alright I guess. Bit slow though. There's probably all kinds of reasons why combat mechs are only allowed to be used for mock battles but whatever it is, it feels stupid.

Houki is still the worst and my god the title for the next episode feels like something scraped out of the LN barrel of shame: "The transfer student is the second childhood friend".
Childhood friends are the worst.

Buuuut Russia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom