• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clannad: After Story 05

Plot with Misae now! I wonder what Tomoya's relation is with it, perhaps the cat that is attached to him belonged to Shima? Misae so far reminds me of Ryou but 5 times aggressive
(Ryou doesn't give people takedowns)
, not that I mind though.

This is one of the best story arcs in the series IMO

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 30 – I Surpassed You Long Ago
tumblr_mvnj9h6T1b1r3rdh2o2_500.gif

Takao for most underrated non GoM player! He's really good this episode as well as the rest of Shutoku. And for those players everyone on Seirin too, especially Koga (who needs to play more, really good personality and commentary he gives) and Izuki with his moments. There is a good mixture of comedy intentional I guess going on that makes everyone feel more together and from being way too serious.

30 episodes in and reflections on Kurokocchi's effect on everyone really did work to highlight just how far characters and things have come from the start, nice and minor thing to do here.

One Piece 619

I'm reminded yet again that Baby 5 looks like a maid version of Torpedo girl when she changes.

And goodbye Monet. Your not dead yet, but the ending was fitting for someone whose going to die next week.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 12
...I forgot to take a screencap for this episode.

The first half of this episode was kind of depressing. Seeing
Utena broken and without her sense of self was painful.

Anthy dropped some interesting hints here:
A. We know that she does have a mind of her own because she was thinking about Utena, and B. She's also somehow connected to the Prince and saw him in a similar position to Utena in this battle.

I hope this is the first in a long tradition of people beating Touga. That guy's an asshole.

Ooominous preview for the next episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ace of Diamond 05

The comedy is pretty enjoyable.

The SHOUNEN EMOTIONS makes it fun to watch.

Though it doesn't give me all the feel good feelings of Ookiku though.

Thinking about it, while the SHONEN EMOTIONS are certainly hilarious, I think they at the end of the day work because more is on the line in this show then your average sports anime. Indeed, a subtle but enormous distinction that Ace of the Diamond has going for it is that this isn't about the pride of a sports club or anything small like that. One of defining features of Seidou Acadamy is that it is a stepping stone to the major leagues. It isn't just about being the best at the local level, or for the love of the game, it is literally about making this a way of life, as the creme of the crop here are looking to make this a career.

Jarmel

Banned
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- Childhood's End
icNU4DBIALPt6.jpg

Holy fuck this speech was just as good as the first time.
So this was different than I expected. I expected it to end with the battle with the Spiral King, as it's a natural breaking point. Instead I get some new 4 General battle, which was great btw. God the animation is so good in this. Yea the pacing is a little wonky in certain sections, but they also did a great job with the more emotional moments.

Dude, people talk all the time about Kamina. Fuck that, Simon gave the best speech in the anime.

cajunator

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 12
...I forgot to take a screencap for this episode.

The first half of this episode was kind of depressing. Seeing
Utena broken and without her sense of self was painful.

Anthy dropped some interesting hints here:
A. We know that she does have a mind of her own because she was thinking about Utena, and B. She's also somehow connected to the Prince and saw him in a similar position to Utena in this battle.

I hope this is the first in a long tradition of people beating Touga. That guy's an asshole.

Ooominous preview for the next episode.

Touga sucks. However Nanami doeant deserve the hate she gets.

Acosta

What the hell they did with the second OP of Full Metal Alchemist? The first one was awesome :(

I don't think I have heard a second OP better than the first one (in my limited scope of anime shows).

And I hate the actual OP of Hunter X Hunter, each time I hear "we can try" I want to rip off my ears.

Finalow

So this was different than I expected. I expected it to end with the battle with the Spiral King, as it's a natural breaking point. Instead I get some new 4 General battle, which was great btw. God the animation is so good in this. Yea the pacing is a little wonky in certain sections, but they also did a great job with the more emotional moments.

Dude, people talk all the time about Kamina. Fuck that, Simon gave the best speech in the anime.
I have to watch this someday.

What the hell they did with the second OP of Full Metal Alchemist? The first one was awesome :(

I don't think I have heard a second OP better than the first one (in my limited scope of anime shows).

2nd OP of the original FMA sucks, but the 3rd one (technically the 4th that plays at the end of the show) is pretty good IMO. Only show where I like male vocalists.

Shakugan no Shana's OP's get better as the show goes on and they're all pretty good IMO.

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova And Beyond 40

0bRNi8xl.jpg

Probably the earliest anyone is going to see one of these. You know if the game came out last week.

I might give this a try sometime soon. I thought it was a simple re-hashing that wouldn't do as great of justice as the show itself. And yeah. Simon is the greatest. I can't think of many other shows with as great of a character arc as his. Fuck it. I'll just take the final step and say Simon's is the best.

Gazoinks

I might give this a try sometime soon. I thought it was a simple re-hashing that wouldn't do as great of justice as the show itself. And yeah. Simon is the greatest. I can't think of many anime with as great of character arcs as his. Fuck it. I'll just take the final step and say Simon's is the best.

Yeah, Simon's character arc is just fantastic, and I really love how
after all is said and done, his ending is... kind of depressing.

Yeah, Simon's character arc is just fantastic, and I really love how
after all is said and done, his ending is... kind of depressing.

Indeed.
All that effort only for him to lose his wife and live the rest of his life as a lone wanderer. I guess Gainax wanted the ending to have some kind of meaning rather than the standard "and they all live happily ever after" cliché. Aw well, at least its not overly depressing. It could have been worse.

Gazoinks

Indeed.
All that effort only for him to lose his wife and live the rest of his life as a lone wanderer. I guess Gainax wanted the ending to have some kind of meaning rather than the standard "and they all live happily ever after" cliché. Aw well, at least its not overly depressing. It could have been worse.

I yelled at my screen when Nia vanished at the end. ;_;

I yelled at my screen when Nia vanished at the end. ;_;

Seriously, with all that transpired, they couldn't go for a Star Wars Episode IV-esque ending? I can understand why Gainax would want to end Gurren Lagann like that, but it's not like the show would have been worse with the happily-ever-after ending.

Ah well, it is what it is. Still doesn't make Gurren Lagann anything less than amazing though.

Jarmel

Banned
So just started the second TTGL movie, and they've made the Rossiu arc more tolerable so far. Rossiu doesn't talk as much so he's less of a self righteous prick and Simon is more laidback and understanding so it feels less like Rossiu is stabbing him in the back.

Gazoinks

Seriously, with all that transpired, they couldn't go for a Star Wars Episode IV-esque ending? I can understand why Gainax would want to end Gurren Lagann like that, but it's not like the show would have been worse with the happily-ever-after ending.

Ah well, it is what it is. Still doesn't make Gurren Lagann anything less than amazing though.

I do respect them for doing it, though. It was kinda gutsy, especially for a show so founded on positive thinking.

Guess I need to check out the movies now.

Jarmel

Banned
Indeed.

I thought that was kinda bullshit. The driving theme of the show is doing the impossible. Simon should have drilled straight to heaven and grabbed everyone. Either that or drilled a hole straight through God.

So just started the second TTGL movie, and they've made the Rossiu arc more tolerable so far. Rossiu doesn't talk as much so he's less of a self righteous prick and Simon is more laidback and understanding so it feels less like Rossiu is stabbing him in the back.

Pretending is impossible
Simon is so gullible
ROW ROW I WANT POWAH

mAcOdIn

Ahegao of Blue Steel

This series is weird to me. I'll accept that these girls are CPU and can control an entire warship which is their main body at will but why do they need projected displays while fighting? Also why are they on the outside of the ship when the ships are clearly designed to house humanoids? Isn't that dangerous. It's like the girls playing with tanks and live ammunitions while wearing nothing but sailor uniforms and coming out with soot smudges when their tank explodes.

I know I'm the problem here but the writers keep sending me mixed messages :(
I don't really get the show either.

I mean, I think I get why they developed human models and use projections and stuff to run their ship instead of just doing everything in their heads, it's probably a mix up between making the scenes more interesting tied with the explanation that they've placed some human like restraints on themselves so that they may be forced to develop more human like traits that'd allow them to think outside the box, ok, I can buy that. I think their inherent lack of the concept of danger comes from their pride and not having a concept of death.

What I never understood is why they're all based off human warships in the first place! Why even have controls, walkways, quarters and shit if originally you were just some autonomous drone? So I'm guessing they're all actually made by humans for some purpose and they got out of control or maybe they're doing exactly what they were intended to do but seriously I hope there's some reason they're warships in the first place.

Also, where the hell's an aircraft carrier?
Strike the Blood 2-5

....the MC sucks worse than Touma.....
I hope people are finally accepting that Touma was never that bad of a character to begin with, at least he purposefully involves himself in everything of his own will instead of being a baby like this guy.
It's technology ...
person behind it is a genius after all that managed to bend every freaking nation around the world to her will ...that should give us a idea on how advanced the thing is.

It's so advanced that she doesn't care that each nation is studying the tech on their own to make their own things as long as they respect the quota each nation has , in the end it's no use.
Now trying to make sense on how this SUPER ADVANCED technology works in the IS universe is a lost cause really
Eh,
I bet the creator girl didn't even create them.

I think it's full time for me to acknowledge this.

KirbYayoi
Doomed to Magical
Girl Hell
(Today, 12:19 PM)

I can't escape because they keep finding ways to drag me back down!

Indeed.
I'm surprised seeing everyone's reactions to TTGL's ending.
I never thought of it as sad. Re-watching a few scenes now, I think it's because Simon was all right with everything that transpired. Even after she disappears, and during his final scene, he has a smile on his face. That's good enough for me. Don't make me think sad thoughts about the ending!

Gazoinks

I'm surprised seeing everyone's reactions to TTGL's ending.
I never thought of it as sad. Re-watching a few scenes now, I think it's because Simon was all right with everything that transpired. Even after she disappears, and during his final scene, he has a smile on his face. That's good enough for me. Don't make me think sad thoughts about the ending!

Bittersweet would probably be a better way of describing it. It ends up well for humanity as a whole, and Simon is okay with it, but he's still basically had everything taken from him. Even if he's okay with it, it still feels pretty sad to me.

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 13 (END)

Well that was an abrupt ending. But luckily there's a season two, yayyyyy!

This was very entertaining to watch. The mercantile business provided a good momentum throughout, with several intense scenes. It was a bit difficult to follow at times though.

The main characters blended really well with eachother, and their banter was very amusing. I love Horo's playfulness in dialogue, and they both have snappy retorts. Good stuff.

I rate it an 8/10.

cnet128

Banned
So I just finished reading the Hanamonogatari novel, which was pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it animated. (Not as much as Kizu, of course, but...what are the chances of that ever actually getting animated ~.~)

Then I put my usual playlist on shuffle to listen to in the shower, and of all the 170 tracks in the playlist, the first one to play was the Suruga Monkey OP, ambivalent world. So that felt appropriate.

Then the next track that played was Ren'ai Circulation, which also felt creepily appropriate since I was looking forward to reading Otorimonogatari next.

Then the next track that played was sugar sweet nightmare (and then marshmallow justice, and then Futakotome…) and I realised the playlist must not actually be on shuffle at all. So that was a bit of an anticlimax. (Oddly enough, after I got out of the shower I checked my iPod, and it assured me that the playlist was on shuffle all along, which was clearly bullshit. Must be some kind of bug in iOS 7.)

The moral of this story is, coincidences are weird.

Diamond Ace 5

I was chuckling a bit how much shounen is this sports shounen. I know this series is about that, but this was 25 minutes of people shouting, being overconfident, having (or not) will to fight, never surrender, maximum effort, sacrifice, being brave, following your dreams and GLORIOUS NIPPON SPIRIT!

Also, the whole pitcher with an innate talent of throwing odd balls reminds of of Ookiku Furikabutte. BTW, it's a bit stupid how he hasn't realized it yet, isn't he a baseball player with several years of experience?

Nagi no Asukara - 5

Beautiful music and visuals, and they are putting some serious effort in the drama but it doesn't hit all the right keys, imo. In this episode, they put it all of it in 10 compressed minutes:
the disappearance of the kid, the inner conflict of the big sister, the reunion of her with the bf, and the confession, finding the kid, getting the truth about her and her reasons, and the final reunion with lots of crying.
All so fast you don't have time to really empathize with the situation, leaving you only with an impression of over-sappiness.

Kyoukai no Kanata - 5

Boring episode, and I suspect what they have shown so far is all the "depth" they have. Lonely people with some inner conflict who find friendship and/or love.
the girl with the trauma of having killed her adopted sister which made her reject the world, and the boy with the conflict of being half-yomu that almost kills his friends, etc
. And also have supernatural powers :p.
Kind of thinking of dropping it already. I find the whole supernatural shenanigans and backstory uninteresting (though the action scenes are pretty).

So I just finished reading the Hanamonogatari novel, which was pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it animated. (Not as much as Kizu, of course, but...what are the chances of that ever actually getting animated ~.~)

Tatsuya Oishi has been missing since he finished directing Bakemonogatari, so either he's retired, dead, or still slaving away on Kizu somewhere in the bowels of Shaft.

Season Summary

Kyousogiga > KLK > Samurai Flamenco > Monogatari 2nd S > Valvrave > Nagi no Asukara = Diamond no Ace > Gingitsune = KNK

and it's hard for me putting HxH somehow in there, I can't be objective because I read the manga 2-3 times, so I am not watching it as something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom