• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena: 25

SJt9gPK.jpg

Well... This show is certainly going somewhere.... and after such an interesting arc, starting a new, even weirder one? Goodness...

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 106 (engDub)
tumblr_mvp6nnV0va1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mvp6nnV0va1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Naoki's Break Time is awesome and the whole play stunning for an episode 2
pulling out a cross ride, break ride, limit break and even getting a critical trigger to a 40000 power unit in just the second episode, thats close to the highest in the series thus far
. Friendship levels soared even higher this time too with the backstory moment and now this future, and with Kourin here, I think they might really form a good and memorable team.

I wonder where Kamui and Kai will fit in this season since both are at different schools making Team Quadrifoglio a bit broken.

Hyouka 04

And mystery solved
or is it
from what I gather the show is based on 1 large mystery for each arc + a small one each episode or is the Hyouka mystery an overarching plot of sorts?

There's three multi-episode plot arcs: Hyouka, film, and festival. The other episodes have one-off mysteries/plots. The character development serves as a kind of overarching plot throughout the series though.

Theonik

There's three multi-episode plot arcs: Hyouka, film, and festival. The other episodes have one-off mysteries/plots. The character development serves as a kind of overarching plot throughout the series though.
So I assume Hyouka ends at round episode 6 or so? And yeah I'm not bothered by a lack of overarching plot. If anything I more than welcome it.

Gazoinks

Well... This show is certainly going somewhere.... and after such an interesting arc, starting a new, even weirder one? Goodness...

The warnings of cars in this show were not idle apparently! I'm looking forward to getting this far.

Articalys

Stopped reporting on Saimoe after the rules change wiped out all legitimacy of the tournament (well, what was left of it, anyway), but might as well mention that they've got the final 16 lined up now:

Sawa Okita (Tari Tari) vs. Kyouko (PMMM)
Tsukiko (Henneko) vs. Kobato (Haganai)
Madoka (PMMM) vs. Ayase (Oreimo) (rematch, this time without Homura draining votes from Madoka)
Akari (Yuruyuri) vs. Kuroneko (Oreimo) (also a rematch)
Kyouko (Yuruyuri) vs. Tomoka (RKB) (also a rematch)
Azusa Azuki (Henneko) vs. Watashi (Jinrui)
Miho (GuP) vs. Mami (PMMM)
Yoshino (DAL) vs. Sayaka (PMMM)

The whole thing still won't be over until the 23rd, though.

CorvoSol

Corvo: Here's the post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59866693&postcount=1536

It's missing Kenya Boy and Black Rock Shooter TV, unfortunately.

Thanks, its good having a bit more in-depth explanation behind them, and a category into which they can all be sorted. Helps me to know what to expect in each one.

I use to watch this show all the time back when techtv was a thing and they had anime unleashed

It's not bad, really. I think I'm just wanting for something more intense right now.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 10

No why are you making me feel sympathy for Nanami I never asked for this. I didn't like her at all previously, but this episode really fleshed her out.
What is Touga plottiiiiing.

Yo, Nanami is probably the single most sympathetic character in the show. This show delights in making her really, really easy to hate and then forcing you to feel for her. Nanami is best girl.

GaoGaiGar Final- fin

TLDR; Courage is the driving force of a man.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, because taking a hammer and driving it into the sun is one of my favorite mecha moments. The Goldion Crusher is just so over the top it really works. And that Mamoru and Guy fight is still one of the best parts of the entire show.

Sword Art Online (English Dub, Toonami-watch): 14

Logic broke, guys.

Ahahahahahaha. It's all down the slide from here, folks.

OOoooh You just started a goooood one :D

So they tell me.

Dai-Guard 1-

Not sure if I'll actually watch this. Seems kinda drab so far. Mostly because the characters themselves are boring as fuck.

I really enjoyed Dai-Guard, but I don't know that I'd go straight from GGG to it, as in many ways Dai-Guard relies on MotW. It's one of those shows that uses mecha as a backdrop for its real story. It's less about them fighting monsters every week than it is about them growing together as a sort of family, which I'm told is ideal for workplaces in Japan? But the point is, it's a good show, just not a super great mecha show.

Dai-Guard- 2

Well this was somewhat better but the lead is pretty obnoxious. He's obviously designed to emulate the worst attributes of mecha pilots but it's still somewhat annoying. I will give him props though for this control scheme:

Pretty original thinking right there. So far this feels like a shitty version of Patlabor mixed with Pacific Rim.

Akagi is meant to rub you the wrong way at first. He improves as the show goes on.

The problem I'm having with this is that the lead has no military training and he runs way too hot in general. It doesn't feel realistic despite them taking a realistic tone. With Patlabor, the crew had already gone through training with crap bots and had a lot of experience before being put on the force. Like if they want to keep the corporate tone, then somebody needs to go to mech bootcamp.

Another issue is that Dai-Guard doesn't feel realistic as a mech. There isn't a good reason as to why you need three pilots other than poor design.

Akagi actually is a licensed mecha operator. He came first in his class in robotics or something like that in college. He's not military trained, though his professor was a military man. Akagi's unprofessional treatment of the Dai-Guard, as well as his tendency to rush into situations and often make more problems, is a part of his character arc.

AW HELL YISS THE CARS

cajunator

Banned
Stopped reporting on Saimoe after the rules change wiped out all legitimacy of the tournament (well, what was left of it, anyway), but might as well mention that they've got the final 16 lined up now:

Sawa Okita (Tari Tari) vs. Kyouko (PMMM)
Tsukiko (Henneko) vs. Kobato (Haganai)
Madoka (PMMM) vs. Ayase (Oreimo) (rematch, this time without Homura draining votes from Madoka)
Akari (Yuruyuri) vs. Kuroneko (Oreimo) (also a rematch)
Kyouko (Yuruyuri) vs. Tomoka (RKB) (also a rematch)
Azusa Azuki (Henneko) vs. Watashi (Jinrui)
Miho (GuP) vs. Mami (PMMM)
Yoshino (DAL) vs. Sayaka (PMMM)

The whole thing still won't be over until the 23rd, though.

Honestly thats a REALLY nice finalist list.

Gazoinks

Yo, Nanami is probably the single most sympathetic character in the show. This show delights in making her really, really easy to hate and then forcing you to feel for her. Nanami is best girl.

Yeah, I'm legitimately impressed how sympathetic that one episode made me feel considering how much I despised her before then.

BluWacky

Do you enjoy SaiMoe, Arti, or is it "just" a piece of news you post? You've never really seemed to join in the waifu rankings discussions so I could never work out if you were that invested in it.

As usual it's a bunch of characters who don't appeal to me all that much (although I enjoyed Madoka, I didn't find the characters particularly likeable or engaging; I mostly enjoyed seeing them suffer...). The female character I've liked the most this year - Saki in From The New World - is never going to rank in any kind of competition!

Jarmel

Banned
I'm glad you enjoyed it, because taking a hammer and driving it into the sun is one of my favorite mecha moments. The Goldion Crusher is just so over the top it really works. And that Mamoru and Guy fight is still one of the best parts of the entire show.

Really the most impressive bit about that scene isn't even smashing the sun, it's the voice acting. It's Hiyama yelling his lungs out, like his life depended on it. I think I watched the scene ten times last night, just to savor in his screaming.

Acosta

Attack on Cliffganger 20-25

I finally got in the mood and had the time to finish this. Got tired of the pace and every episode finishing into a cliffhanger bigger than the last one. And aside of that I was sure it all would end in another gigantic cliffhanger at the end of the season
and I was fucking right!

Anyway, enoyable, I enjoyed it much more at the beginning. I think their focus on misteries, cliffhangers and making everything confusing is affecting the pace, the character development and the tone of the series. If they keep inflating the mysteries it´s going to be a huge disappointment when the reveal is not as amazing as they are making it to be.

The best of the show: Mikasa (duh)

Badass.

Scary.

OMG, YES I SWEAR YOU WILL BE THE ONLY WOMAN IN MY LIFE IF YOU STOP LOOKING ME THAT WAY.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I'm legitimately impressed how sympathetic that one episode made me feel considering how much I despised her before then.

It only goes deeper from here.

Really the most impressive bit about that scene isn't even smashing the sun, it's the voice acting. It's Hiyama yelling his lungs out, like his life depended on it. I think I watched the scene ten times last night, just to savor in his screaming.

Dude really nailed that part.

Articalys

Do you enjoy SaiMoe, Arti, or is it "just" a piece of news you post? You've never really seemed to join in the waifu rankings discussions so I could never work out if you were that invested in it.

As usual it's a bunch of characters who don't appeal to me all that much (although I enjoyed Madoka, I didn't find the characters particularly likeable or engaging; I mostly enjoyed seeing them suffer...). The female character I've liked the most this year - Saki in From The New World - is never going to rank in any kind of competition!
Eh... I guess I used to, but the rapid decline in interest/votes means there's less meaning (not that there was much before) in it now. I mostly was posting the stuff about it because as you said other people like to do the waifu arguing and I find that amusing to watch. But as results get more and more predictable, especially in ISML, and tactical voting becomes more and more blatant, it feels less fun. I mean, yeah, it's all internet polls no matter how you slice it, but at least it used to have the illusion of a wider range of people participating instead of just becoming fanbase vs. fanbase.

CorvoSol

So which is the good TTGL movie? I remember one was okay and the other added a bunch of stuff.

Lagann-Hen has the super awesome final battle and also shortens the entire Rossiu arc, which I suppose eliminates the problem people had and also has the super awesome final battle.

cajunator

Banned

Its just a dumb distraction at best.
But I kinda enjoy it. Just as a "what the hell why not" kind of thing.

duckroll

Lagann-Hen has the super awesome final battle and also shortens the entire Rossiu arc, which I suppose eliminates the problem people had and also has the super awesome final battle.

I dunno if I would call it "super awesome" when it's just a super bloated action sequence which goes on and on and on without much restrain or even decent choreography. It's excess and indulgence at its worst. Fun for the animator and great for gifs, but as a piece of film making, the battle was definitely far worse than it was in the TV series.

Notes from a Sentai Filmworks panel at a smaller con in Vermont this weekend -- their March release slate will at least include the second half of Sakurasou, the third Mardock Scramble movie, and To Love-Ru Darkness.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?10688&p=212295&viewfull=1#post212295

Well, I'm interested.

Maids > Poodles

At no point is Hyouka not interesting.

There was episode 6.

Yeah, episode 6 bored me to tears.

Though, It's the only episode I actually dislike.

Did... did I really just watch One Piece... in 1080p!? CR is doing it right! Kinda disappointed that they couldn't get the new OP, but I don't mind. I'm just glad that I could see it like that.

If there was one episode to watch in HD, it was surely this one. Lots of stuff was happening all over the place in this episode.

Really?

That's incredibly disappointing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 5:

Well, this wee's episode could have doubled as a sleep aid, serious, I fell asleep there as the dulcet blandness of Satoru does not make for a very interesting yarn.

CorvoSol

Rossiu arc had that punch though...

Which does get cut from the movie as I recall, which does bite.

I dunno if I would call it "super awesome" when it's just a super bloated action sequence which goes on and on and on without much restrain or even decent choreography. It's excess and indulgence at its worst. Fun for the animator and great for gifs, but as a piece of film making, the battle was definitely far worse than it was in the TV series.

Uh they grow to like a size larger than the universe, make a drill bigger than themselves, and then have a drill-off with the main bad guy. It was the very definition of super awesome.

duckroll

Uh they grow to like a size larger than the universe, make a drill bigger than themselves, and then have a drill-off with the main bad guy. It was the very definition of super awesome.

Sounds like you already forgot all the other crap that they added which bloated up the entire sequence. :p

mAcOdIn

Infinite Stratos S2 (about ep. 4)

So you think they summon the robots through nanobots too? Yeah, I guess that's probably how it works... I'd never thought about how they summon them, really. "Close enough to magic" technology seemed to be the only explanation... and the same goes for how they are protected from harm by their IS even when they're not wearing it, too. But yeah, I guess it could all be nanobots plus "close enough to magic" technology stuff on top of that.
Well, I really have no idea how they summon their robots here, the author can pick any word or tech out of his ass for that so whatever I think I can be proven wrong, but,
all I'm saying is that in this show their robots can materialize out of thin air, they can use, for instance, a single arm of the robot without the rest of the frame and without breaking their own arm even though you'd think the human frame couldn't support a robot arm with a weapon so after all that nonsense Russia's ability is kinda more of the same. At this point there is no real tech grounded in reality here so I'm not surprised at whatever they do and it all fits since there is no grounded reality here.
Well, that opponent seemed pretty threatening, wouldn't at least TRYING to stop her make sense?
Maybe, but, in classic anime fashion these kids aren't soldiers. Look at it this way, you have standard high school students going up against a terrorist organization, the terrorist organization probably has a goal, maybe they feel it's worth dying for, while the students goal's are to survive, get good grades, graduate, marry Ichika and live a long and unfulfilled life, and dying directly hinders that.

Take away all the stupid from the story and strip it down to the bare human reality and what you have is essentially the same thing as two gunmen assaulting a normal high school, if it happened that the gunmen were to escape I don't think you'd find many rational adults questioning why some of the students did not continue to chase the gunmen. The school had already won, thwarted the thieves and did so with no deaths, there's little reason to press their luck at that point.

Also, episode 5 totally sucked. This show is just getting randomer and randomer.

Ace of Diamond 05

The comedy is pretty enjoyable.

The SHOUNEN EMOTIONS makes it fun to watch.

Though it doesn't give me all the feel good feelings of Ookiku though.

The truth right here. I actually thought the original TV series was missing something in that final fight, as enjoyable as it was.

Then I see the movie, and thought to myself: "okay, that fixed any problems I had with it." Everybody gets their moment of awesome, and it's pushed to the extreme. It's like Super Mario Galaxy 2. There was a crap-ton of stuff that Nintendo wanted to put in the first one but ran out of time, so they just dumped all the rest of their good ideas into the sequel.

Yeah Lagann-hen cut some stuff out (like Rossiu's punch, instead he gets an underwhelming slap by Kinon) but it added some really good stuff in return, like that hilarious hacking sequence.

Well, I really have no idea how they summon their robots here, the author can pick any word or tech out of his ass for that so whatever I think I can be proven wrong, but,
all I'm saying is that in this show their robots can materialize out of thin air, they can use, for instance, a single arm of the robot without the rest of the frame and without breaking their own arm even though you'd think the human frame couldn't support a robot arm with a weapon so after all that nonsense Russia's ability is kinda more of the same. At this point there is no real tech grounded in reality here so I'm not surprised at whatever they do and it all fits since there is no grounded reality here.

It's technology ...
person behind it is a genius after all that managed to bend every freaking nation around the world to her will ...that should give us a idea on how advanced the thing is.

It's so advanced that she doesn't care that each nation is studying the tech on their own to make their own things as long as they respect the quota each nation has , in the end it's no use.
Now trying to make sense on how this SUPER ADVANCED technology works in the IS universe is a lost cause really

Clannad: After Story 05

Plot with Misae now! I wonder what Tomoya's relation is with it, perhaps the cat that is attached to him belonged to Shima? Misae so far reminds me of Ryou but 5 times aggressive
(Ryou doesn't give people takedowns)
, not that I mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom