• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuusha ni Narenakatta 05

I think I'm still watching this in hopes it'll end with something as it doesn't seem like a two-season show.

In other topics of discussion, I can't wait for the Atlus announcement this month. I really do hope it's Persona 5.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Dishonor: Kapitel II

~ When you think about it, the loyalty of a soldier is essentially like a narcotic. ~

hgbJvOt.jpg

NeoGAF_thread_about_women.jpg

Poor von Keyserling, having such bad luck.

Something about the superintendent annoys me. I wouldn't be surprised if, in Heavy Rain fashion, he ended up being the kingpin.
I really liked how the music shifted pieces when the timeshift happened over dinner. Nice touch.

Monogatari Series Second Season - 17-18

I'm really glad I bothered to read Kizu before I started this arc. Although I really wish I'd done it even earlier.

In other topics of discussion, I can't wait for the Atlus announcement this month. I really do hope it's Persona 5.

I somehow forgot about this entirely.

Theonik

Hyouka 05
iBXjkaHvj0EJ8.png

Tamako Maaaaketo
This was pretty great. That moment when Oreki realises he was wrong. And he even went out of his way to correct his mistake even if he didn't have to.
Given his self-portrayal so far this is a very interesting character development indeed.
Visuals are still so gooood. If that's the standard for the series and the festival arc is meant to be even better I don't think I'll be able to take it.

Did you know this is a female fox spirit (vixen)?

I did :)
Looks :hito

Hyouka 05

This was pretty great. That moment when Oreki realises he was wrong. And he even went out of his way to correct his mistake even if he didn't have to.
Given his self-portrayal so far this is a very interesting character development indeed.
Visuals are still so gooood. If that's the standard for the series and the festival arc is meant to be even better I don't think I'll be able to take it.

Looks :hito

What does that mean?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Valvrave S2 4

So, I don't really feel like it was properly explained why
Marie is the only one who powers the Valvrave by the runes in her memory rather than from consuming DNA
. Are we just supposed to chalk it up to her
being the test pilot and the system not being perfected yet
?

Theonik

Valvrave S2 4

Marie is the only one who powers the Valvrave by the runes in her memory rather than from consuming DNA
?
It was said that
her limiter was borked hence why she was retired. I'm assuming the limiter is a device that prevents the VVV from consuming her own memories. Also Haruto is the only one powering the rest of the VVVs

duckroll

Valvrave S2 4

?

I think the only reason she loses her memories so excessively is because for whatever reason she has no limiter. So when she pilots the Valvrave, it's like driving a car with a fuel leak.

Metrotab

Banned
Gingitsune - 5

Man, those flashbacks made me cry. Tears of healing ;_;

This show and Non Non Biyori really hit the right kind of sentimental heart strings for me.

What the hell they did with the second OP of Full Metal Alchemist? The first one was awesome :(

I don't think I have heard a second OP better than the first one (in my limited scope of anime shows).

This is an interesting topic. I think you are right that generally the first OP of a show is the best (putting your best ideas out front and all), but there are some exceptions. I can think of Nichijou and Hyouka, for instance - Nichijou's second OP meshes better with the music than the first while Hyouka's has a better concept. Can anyone else think of other shows where the second OP is better than the first? (Obviously in long-running shows such as Naruto and Gintama with tons of OPs, it's pretty easy to get a better OP than the first somewhere along the line.)

Free! 11

Have I ever mentioned that Rei is the best guy in Free?

I know that the drama with him was pretty stupid, but goddamn did I enjoy seeing him blasting Rin apart. Rin seriously needed someone to call him out, and I'm glad Rei was the one who did told him off. Makes the confession near the end a good moment after finally finding out his mindset and what happened to him in Australia.

Ace of Diamond Episode 5
tumblr_mvo6b0JdR61qic25lo2_500.gif

Satoru Furuya definitely shot up in the ranks by passing Eijun for second best character after Miyuki. Excellent and definitely someone to keep a watch on. Wonder if we will ever get more info on his obsession with only wanting to be Miyuki's and Miyuki's alone. Im glad for it at least. The other guy seems to have Eijun in his sites which is excellent.
the play calling there at the end and good voice made it a really intense and great way to close out the episode.

Getting harder and harder each week to pick out best sports on, Kurobas, Yowapeda, and even this always has memorable and exciting moments.

Can anyone else think of other shows where the second OP is better than the first? (Obviously in long-running shows such as Naruto and Gintama with tons of OPs, it's pretty easy to get a better OP than the first somewhere along the line.)

We talking season 2 or second OP's during one season? Some shows switch and others don't, so I'll just count both. Of course, these are my opinions:

Clannad After Story - A Song That Ticks Away Time for season 2

Shakugan no Shana - Being is S1's second OP and better than the first. Blaze is better than Joint for S2 IMO. Serment is better than Light my Fire for S3 IMO. I like them all though (Prophecy from the OVA the most),

Zero no Tsukaima 2 - I Say Yes for season 2

Toradora - I like Silky Heart more than Pre-Parade (though the actual animation in Pre-Parade is better).

Full Metal Panic - I like The Second Raid and Fumoffu's OP's better than the original's, but they're all nice.

FMA Brotherhood - OP 1, 3, and 5 are nice (5 being the best). I don't care for 2 or 4.

I HATED when they switched Index's OP in the first season. PSI Missing was so much better. Sister's Noise in Railgun S was better than the second too.

Caladrius

Free! 11

Have I ever mentioned that Rei is the best guy in Free?

I know that the drama with him was pretty stupid, but goddamn did I enjoy seeing him blasting Rin apart. Rin seriously needed someone to call him out, and I'm glad Rei was the one who did told him off. Makes the confession near the end a good moment after finally finding out his mindset and what happened to him in Australia.

I've been meaning to finish that show, keep getting distracted with schoolwork.
It isn't exactly groundbreaking but It's been a fun ride so far.

I started watching Karneval. I'll give impressions on the series within the next couple of days. The first episode did a pretty good job of making me interested. I get the impression that this is a very compressed adaptation, which makes me a little worried.

Outbreak Company 5

It should have been obvious from the beginning, but they're really going to fuck up this fantasy country with their "otaku way" stuff. Prepare for a generation of NEETs!

I've been meaning to finish that show, keep getting distracted with schoolwork.
It isn't exactly groundbreaking but It's been a fun ride so far.

I started watching Karneval. I'll give impressions on the series within the next couple of days. The first episode did a pretty good job of making me interested. I get the impression that this is a very compressed adaptation, which makes me a little worried.

It didnt feel compressed, did a good job of introducing various entities and character motivations. Probably one of the three best anime this year, personally.

If you want a compressed adaptation...look towards Arata The Legend.

Articalys

I would think that one OP being better than another is still a pretty subjective thing anyway (are we talking about animation+music here, or just one or the other?), but I believe the second OP for Psycho-Pass was pretty widely praised (even if they were still making small changes and adjustments to it a few episodes in).

CorvoSol

Sounds like you already forgot all the other crap that they added which bloated up the entire sequence. :p

You mean the super awesome part where everyone gets a giant robot of their own and fights the Anti-Spiral with their own custom awesome robot?

I don't think there was any bloat to that at all.

People keep telling me that. :p

Well, I don't know what to say.

The truth right here. I actually thought the original TV series was missing something in that final fight, as enjoyable as it was.

Then I see the movie, and thought to myself: "okay, that fixed any problems I had with it." Everybody gets their moment of awesome, and it's pushed to the extreme. It's like Super Mario Galaxy 2. There was a crap-ton of stuff that Nintendo wanted to put in the first one but ran out of time, so they just dumped all the rest of their good ideas into the sequel.

Yeah Lagann-hen cut some stuff out (like Rossiu's punch, instead he gets an underwhelming slap by Kinon) but it added some really good stuff in return, like that hilarious hacking sequence.

Lagann-hen's final battle was great. Even just watching it on youtube makes me feel hyped.

Touga sucks. However Nanami doeant deserve the hate she gets.

What? Nah. Red Sephiroth is awesome. Definitely best male character to pair Utena with.

I thought that was kinda bullshit. The driving theme of the show is doing the impossible. Simon should have drilled straight to heaven and grabbed everyone. Either that or drilled a hole straight through God.

I thought it was, too, but mostly because I really hated Nia anyway. She's become more tolerable as I've been exposed to increasingly worse characters in anime.

I would think that one OP being better than another is still a pretty subjective thing anyway (are we talking about animation+music here, or just one or the other?), but I believe the second OP for Psycho-Pass was pretty widely praised.

Of course it'd be subjective, like most music preferences in general. I think going by title animation would get less polarizing views.

I would think that one OP being better than another is still a pretty subjective thing anyway (are we talking about animation+music here, or just one or the other?), but I believe the second OP for Psycho-Pass was pretty widely praised.

The first OP for Psycho-Pass was way, way better, but that's possibly just because I'm a huge Ling Tosite Sigure fan. I liked the animation more, too.

Gazoinks

I thought it was, too, but mostly because I really hated Nia anyway. She's become more tolerable as I've been exposed to increasingly worse characters in anime.

Yeah, Nia isn't a particularly strong character in and of herself, but I like the way her presence develops Simon's character.

Red Sephiroth is a jerk tho.

Gbraga

What is Free like? Everything I see about it seems to be fanservice. It doesn't bother me at all, but I have no idea what to expect beyond pretty guys in revealing outfits.

I would think that one OP being better than another is still a pretty subjective thing anyway (are we talking about animation+music here, or just one or the other?), but I believe the second OP for Psycho-Pass was pretty widely praised (even if they were still making small changes and adjustments to it a few episodes in).

I was talking about animation and music combined, which is the proper way to judge OPs/EDs in my opinion, though I know others disagree. I think I agree with you on Psychopass; Yamamoto is usually a pretty good OP director.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 5

You know, I was only kidding when I said in my impressions for the first episode that
I didn't believe Hime was really human
. Didn't expect that to be right on the mark.

This episode was lacking in pantyshots, but that was certainly a lengthy shot of Kotoha's butt taking up half the screen.

Caladrius

What is Free like? Everything I see about it seems to be fanservice. It doesn't bother me at all, but I have no idea what to expect beyond pretty guys in revealing outfits.

It's mostly about the reappearance of a childhood friend of the protagonists named Rin, who's become an asshole after coming back from studying swimming from abroad. He quickly forms a rivalry with the main protagonist (The blue haired guy Haruka) and the show is about Haruka competing with Rin in an attempt to get the group back together.

Instro

Its largely a boring fanservice show with good animation and terrible writing, characters, dialogue, etc. Not one of kyoani's best that's for sure. Avoid.

Jarmel

Banned
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Well, fuck. This movie fixes almost all the flaws from the 2nd half of the TV series, except for the stupid space outfits. The only major complaint I have is that the Lord Genome fight seems kinda meh due to where it's placed and just the general execution. That said, it fixes the pacing problems in the 2nd half of the TV series. This is balls to the walls crazy. It also makes Rossiu less of an asshole. I really liked the final fight because it did give all the characters their moment to shine. Just absolutely insane animation levels. Like insane.
I don't remember much from the 2nd half and I think this increased my enjoyment of the movie as well. I forgot how much I loved some of these characters such as Viral.
My god, this beast of a man. Genome died the best out of all the characters.
KLK isn't going to top this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom