• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

This is an interesting topic. I think you are right that generally the first OP of a show is the best (putting your best ideas out front and all), but there are some exceptions. I can think of Nichijou and Hyouka, for instance - Nichijou's second OP meshes better with the music than the first while Hyouka's has a better concept. Can anyone else think of other shows where the second OP is better than the first? (Obviously in long-running shows such as Naruto and Gintama with tons of OPs, it's pretty easy to get a better OP than the first somewhere along the line.)

Jojo

This is an interesting topic. I think you are right that generally the first OP of a show is the best (putting your best ideas out front and all), but there are some exceptions. I can think of Nichijou and Hyouka, for instance - Nichijou's second OP meshes better with the music than the first while Hyouka's has a better concept. Can anyone else think of other shows where the second OP is better than the first? (Obviously in long-running shows such as Naruto and Gintama with tons of OPs, it's pretty easy to get a better OP than the first somewhere along the line.)

Hidamari Sketch x365 along with every other OP after the first season.

CorvoSol

All OPs in Gundam 00 were worse than the first one.

But TSR and Gundam ZZ had better OP2s than the OP1s. G Gundam I'm not sure. Code Geass only had one good OP and that was the first.

So in preparation for watching the third Madoka movie (lol) next month, might as well get around to watching the first two movies before then.

Madoka Movie 01

Pretty much like a fancy recap of the first half half of the series. While I'm not so well versed or even want to bother to, point out the differences between the TV show and movie, it was enjoyable.

Don't really care much of the point anymore at this point but I did enjoy the visuals and all the SHAFTness that was going on in the movie.

cnet128

Banned
Gingitsune 5

The nighttime scenery in the fox flashback at the beginning looked pretty beautiful. Loved the atmosphere there. Everything except the evil CG car, that is. But I guess that's fitting, since
the evil CG car was what killed poor Haru

JCG

All OPs in Gundam 00 were worse than the first one.

But TSR and Gundam ZZ had better OP2s than the OP1s. G Gundam I'm not sure. Code Geass only had one good OP and that was the first.

I'm with you on 00 (Daybreak's Bell needs more love), TSR and ZZ but in terms of Code Geass ...while the second OP of S1 was the worst, the last OP of R2 was good.

Perhaps not Colors good, but World End is still nice.

Branduil

Sayo Yamamoto's Rozen Maiden OP was far better than the first one.

Magi Kingdom of Magic Episode 5

Felt like it could have actually been concluded this episode. Personally the arc feels like the worst in the series thus far as the antagonist is nothing to write home about, the power is pretty unimaginative and boring, and just all the kids there further decreases what little entertainment value it had. Oh well at least the payoff made it somewhat entertaining
Full Djinn Equip Hakuryuu ftw.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
THE iDOLWR@SLER - 04

srcYrpE.png
uunzsOV.png

Best girl.

VliBVoj.gif

Bless this show.

When it comes to OPs, I think I memorized all of Fairy Tail's 14 OPs. They were just so damn catchy. Especially the eighth opening.

Code Geass only had one good OP and that was the first.

What about the second one in R2? I thought that one was pretty good. Not as good as Colors, but it was pretty decent overall.

Star Driver for one.

If we're counting long-running shows, I'd actually say the first OP is usually among the worst (outside of Bleach and Soul Eater). Naruto, Reborn, both FMAs, One Piece, Rave, Fairy Tail, etc; ALL have better 2nd OPs than the first one.

Serious

Star Driver for one.

If we're counting long-running shows, I'd actually say the first OP is usually among the worst (outside of Bleach and Soul Eater). Naruto, Reborn, both FMAs, One Piece, Rave, Fairy Tail, etc; ALL have better 2nd OPs than the first one.

Can't speak for most of them, don't particularly remember any of the FMA OPs and haven't seen most of the others, but I do remember liking One Piece's first OP far more than the second.

Also if we're counting long running shows, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's first OP was easily the worst.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not emulate, they're all Ali Project.
I see. Well I guess their music really doesn't appeal to me, though there's consistently interesting visual themes in the Rozen Maiden OPs. Maybe Zurückspulen's OP was harder to swallow because I found myself wishing some of its budget had gone to actually finishing the ED.

Kazzy

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- The Lights in the Sky are Stars

Well, fuck. This movie fixes almost all the flaws from the 2nd half of the TV series, except for the stupid space outfits.

Yeah, I still need to get round to watching these. I don't really remember having any glaring problems with the 2nd half, except maybe the pacing feeling a little...stilted. It was definitely a jarring transition,
doubly so when the antagonists suddenly (and literally) dropped into the story.

I am so angry that I will never see Keiichi and Belldandy get married

aghh

There was no chance for this to happen ...ever

Live together untill keiichi dies ? ok
Marry ? under witch god , witch religion ? All those aspect were shoot down several volumes ( read years ) ago in the manga.

Phi brain S3 - 05
Ratsel is going in a dangerous route , probably blinded by juvenile love or something.
This episode was quite good .... it's nice of them to provide answers for some plot points

This episode puzzle was nice and deadly , like any fool puzzle the rules are crappy to the extreme but this was cool

Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2005.jpg

Lol this is godly irony right there, coming from her after all.

Conclusion was predictable , i wonder how poor ratsel will handle that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom