• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE iDOLWR@SLER - 04

VliBVoj.gif

Bless this show.

Been meaning to ask if you've seen these yet.

Swimsuit

Bath (NSFW)

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, I still need to get round to watching these. I don't really remember having any glaring problems with the 2nd half, except maybe the pacing feeling a little...stilted. It was definitely a jarring transition,
doubly so when the antagonists suddenly (and literally) dropped into the story.

The pacing is the major issue of the 2nd half. I remember it dragging a bit. Being condensed and in movie form, really helps to alleviate that issue.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I as expecting the Sailor Stars OP. I hardly even process the first OP as changing - changes in the animation, even if several times, just don't make as much of an impact as changing the song after a hundred and sixty episodes.
You should pay more attention to the visuals! There's more to an OP than the song, and SM's OP2 really drives this home.

That's also why I mentioned BGC OP2, because the coordination between the video and audio is so good.

fertygo

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- The Lights in the Sky are Stars

Well, fuck. This movie fixes almost all the flaws from the 2nd half of the TV series, except for the stupid space outfits. .

Fuck, you beat me to this :(
Yeah its fixes almost all proble of 2nd half for me, its cut all the Rossiu characterization but let be real that rather poor and not interesting, its help the pacing a lot.

The battle also much more interesting, no more crappy eps where they throw body count for no reason and without tension.
Now the only victim is Kittan, but somehow its much better that way.
And the last battle, damn. Its also done better job for Simon.
I think I'm not gonna rewatch the 2nd half again in future rewatch, this cut is much better presentation.

Gbraga

I was wondering, is there any reason to watch Ryuusei no Gemini? I really enjoyed the first Darker than Black, but I gave up on Ryuusei after 6 episodes or something like that. Should I give it another chance or just forget about it?

I was wondering, is there any reason to watch Ryuusei no Gemini? I really enjoyed the first Darker than Black, but I gave up on Ryuusei after 6 episodes or something like that. Should I give it another chance or just forget about it?

That ending will FUCK YOU if you're that interested.

Jarmel

Banned

That reminds me, why doesn't this qualify for The List?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stupidity S2 02-05:

I think the only reason Charlotte was disqualified by the teacher is because it was secretly going to be her idea and Charlotte's... adaptation beat her to the punch.

Ichika spent a lot of the time getting beaten to a pulp which I liked immensely, but why the girls apparently are stuck in a dimension where women are more attracted to men of incompetence is beyond me.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 13
screenshot098bnk8f.png

Guys. I think roses might be a motif in this show

Framing a recap episode with really important (if currently mostly confusing) information. Oh you. This was that rare thing: A good recap episode, 'cause it takes past stuff and puts it in a new context.

So, time for random guessing fun time:
Why was Anthy with mysterious probably evil shadow dude? At least I assume that's where she was, right? Is she not as innocent as she seems? Also the kid in the preview looked suuuuspiciously like the prince, as did the older guy. And they both have the same skin color as Anthy. Something familial here maybe?

CorvoSol

you're watching the uncensored version right?

I believe so, yes, judging from the amount of blood I've been seeing.

All your other backlog shows, drop them. Finish up Blood C.

Well since the only other non-once-a-week shows I am watching are Dual and Polar Bear Cafe, that isn't exactly hard. When I finish Dual I'll probably put Polar Bear Cafe on the shelf for awhile, as it seems to be a show I can do that with, and then I'll start my way through Mazinger, Getter, and Macross (and possibly the good half of UC Gundam again), so yeah, for now Blood C is the most interesting show I am watching.

Articalys

As long as we're talking openings and endings, here's a question: are there any shows where you think the choice of ending song would have worked better as an opening, or vice versa?

As long as we're talking openings and endings, here's a question: are there any shows where you think the choice of ending song would have worked better as an opening, or vice versa?

Sora no Woto, if only for that ED not being so damn upbeat during the most serious times of the show.

Clannad: After Story 06

Well I think the Misae arc is concluded? A bit short (only 2 eps) but very enjoyable.
However, it seemed like it was heavily influenced by Fuko's arc from the previous season.

Hattori

Banned
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/gaf/search.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
uh thanks I guess
[quote="Theonik, post: 88118699"][URL="http://users.aber.ac.uk/thn2/animelist.html"]http://users.aber.ac.uk/thn2/animelist.html[/URL][/QUOTE]
I've only seen 6 shows from the list, I've got some catching up to do

Gazoinks

This isn't quite an answer, but I really liked for the last episode of The Tatami Galaxy how they started it with the (dark) ED and ended it with the (upbeat) OP to reflect the feel of the arc in the episode.

I think that your browser has crashed, because GAF appears to have a black theme.

Weird.

Black theme is the best..

Best GAF upgrade in YEARS ...years !

----------------
Gingitsune - 05

Sweet flashback, good slice of life in the end..

Gingitsune still awesome after 5 episodes.

Those 2 are bound to be together , right ? right ?

There was no chance for this to happen ...ever

Live together untill keiichi dies ? ok
Marry ? under witch god , witch religion ? All those aspect were shoot down several volumes ( read years ) ago in the manga.

but the most recent volumes manga spoilers
have them getting the okay from belldandy's parents and doing all these tests to finalize their marriage

but the most recent volumes manga spoilers
have them getting the okay from belldandy's parents and doing all these tests to finalize their marriage

Damn i'm a few volumes behind..i wonder how he managed to pull that off ( the author )

I guess i have something to put into my reading backlog.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episodes 25 - 26 (end)
tumblr_mu4wifFHG21rp7cv3o1_500.jpg

The ending song makes it feel like a movie ending and is really quite fitting and memorable. Potentially the best ending song of the whole mix (not an animation since well none of them had nothing beyond scrolling credits). Anyway a solid ending to an excellent series, only had a few issues with the episode 25
why did Goer have to be obliteratted and then Dessler too, they were both so iconic through the franchise. Though both still staunch believers in their own Gamillian way and then the other captain of the subspace destroyer submersible was a good final feat for him. Liked it.

Anyway Yamato was excellent ride these past 552 days, cared for the crew and the antagonists scattered throughout for the various bouts in each location, as well as the attention to detail for subplots, interactions, and motives it gave quite a few of them. Seeing actual character growth and changing mindsets throughout as well as the revelations made it feel like a well crafted story, even its few one or so story type episodes with minor things deserve commendation (robot story for example). 10/10

I would hope more in the universe is planned at least, Ill miss the space fights, the really nice space maps, and technical wave motion -> subspace type discussions in the universe.

Clannad: After Story 07

Well this was a weird episode. Didn't really expect gang-related themes to be present in this anime with Yukine being in the center of it.
With Tomoyo present at the end and her athletic/fighting abilities I wonder if she will play a role in this arc.
Not sure what I feel about this episode, and the arc in general, but the comedy like always was enjoyable.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 14
screenshot102aheif.png

What is even going on

This show keeps coming up with new and interesting ways to confuse the hell out of me. So many questions in this episode I can't even list them all.
What's with the elevator. Why does Mamiya look exactly like the prince and is evil. How is he related to Anthy. Why wasn't Anthy surprised by the whole black rose thing. What is the black rose. Who's Mikage. What's the deal with the dead students and the dueling arena change. What happened at the end of the episode is there more incest.
Aah.

This isn't quite an answer, but I really liked for the last episode of The Tatami Galaxy how they started it with the (dark) ED and ended it with the (upbeat) OP to reflect the feel of the arc in the episode.

I thought it was for the same reason that they ended with the OP in
episode 10 of Madoka
, but now that I think about it, that doesn't really make a ton of sense, since it's the last episode.

By the way, I love that ED. I don't really know if I'd call it dark, though. It's minor-key, but it gives me a feeling of stark minimalism with a Japanese flavor (which goes almost too well with the minimalistic tatami animation for it). The lyrics are pretty depressing, though. I guess it's kinda dark, maybe, but not really what I'd describe as dark in a typical way. I'd be more inclined to describe it as cold, especially with all the really cold, metallic synths. Etsuko Yakushimaru's voice has a very unadorned sound to it that I really like, and it goes great with the arrangement. Although her voice also goes really well with the lush instrumentation of the two Penguindrum OPs, too.

I absolutely adore the synth sounds in it. Those FM bells are awesome. Extremely '80s, but so awesome.

Gazoinks

And here I thought the part where Nanami gets attacked by elephants was weird. I was such a fool... yesterday.

I thought it was for the same reason that they ended with the OP in
episode 10 of Madoka

By the way, I love that ED. I don't really know if I'd call it dark, though. It's minor-key, but it gives me a feeling of stark minimalism with a Japanese flavor (which goes almost too well with the minimalistic tatami animation for it). The lyrics are pretty depressing, though. I guess it's kinda dark, maybe, but not really what I'd describe as dark in a typical way. I'd be more inclined to describe it as cold, especially with all the really cold, metallic synths. Etsuko Yakushimaru's voice has a very unadorned sound to it that I really like, and it goes great with the arrangement. Although her voice also goes really well with the lush instrumentation of the two Penguindrum OPs, too.

I absolutely adore the synth sounds in it. Those FM bells are awesome. Extremely '80s, but so awesome.

Wait, they ended with the OP in
Madoka 10?
I totally don't remember that. But yeah, you're right on the reasoning.

Yeah, dark maybe isn't the right word to describe it, really. Eery, I guess? It's not like depressing or anything it just has that stark minimalist feel, as you said. I love both the OP and ED of that show. They're really different, but they both fit really well.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Keep in mind that
Ozu and Watashi switch places at the end, so there is a bit of a cycle continuing feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom