• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clannad: After Story 08

And so the Yukine/Kazuto arc ends, again with it lasting only 2 episodes. I really hope a longer arc will show soon as while these short arcs are enjoyable for what they are I do feel they will get repetitive. Now this arc
was a bit weird. Yukine, while a great side-character, is just that, a side-character. She's not a Sunohara to make me feel that attached to her arc and the arc itself was a bit alien to me with its whole gang-rivalry theme.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 14

This show keeps coming up with new and interesting ways to confuse the hell out of me. So many questions in this episode I can't even list them all.
What's with the elevator. Why does Mamiya look exactly like the prince and is evil. How is he related to Anthy. Why wasn't Anthy surprised by the whole black rose thing. What is the black rose. Who's Mikage. What's the deal with the dead students and the dueling arena change. What happened at the end of the episode is there more incest.
Aah.

Deeper, go deeper.

Dropped that boobie sex jokes knights show because holy shit I have never seen more boring and stereotypical characters in one show. All of them have the personality of a parking meter.

Andrew J.

As long as we're talking openings and endings, here's a question: are there any shows where you think the choice of ending song would have worked better as an opening, or vice versa?

The Bodacious Space Pirates ED song was unusually energetic and could have served just as well in the OP.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Rozen Maiden 2013 Episode 1
1stly: the animation takes a gigantic shit on the original series and its 2nd season which the 2nd season had okay animation. Like legit.
2ndly: holyshit in one episode they covered like all 12 episodes and a lil bit of traumand and the whole time I was like "are they brotherhooding it? I thought this was a remake?" but about halfway through I kinda caught on that they were recapping but the closer it got to the end the huge a left turn it took. dont know what to think now
hina-ichigo
is already killed in a pretty gruesome way and it doesnt even seem like jun and the others even met her, but I guess that is the recap's fault.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hi animeGAF, have there been any good mecha shows in the last few years? Something along the lines of Gundam 00 or Code Geass with a decent plot and not completely fanservice-based?

Rozen Maiden 2013 Episode 1
1stly: the animation takes a gigantic shit on the original series and its 2nd season which the 2nd season had okay animation. Like legit.
2ndly: holyshit in one episode they covered like all 12 episodes and a lil bit of traumand and the whole time I was like "are they brotherhooding it? I thought this was a remake?" but about halfway through I kinda caught on that they were recapping but the closer it got to the end the huge a left turn it took. dont know what to think now
hina-ichigo
is already killed in a pretty gruesome way and it doesnt even seem like jun and the others even met her, but I guess that is the recap's fault.

It's a recap of the original manga series, which the previous anime adaptation had diverged from. Starting with episode 2, it adapts the sequel manga series; the rushed pacing is only for episode 1.

Hi animeGAF, have there been any good mecha shows in the last few years? Something along the lines of Gundam 00 or Code Geass with a decent plot and not completely fanservice-based?

Valvrave the Liberator. If you're a Gundam fan, you'll want to also check out Gundam Build Fighters.

foxuzamaki

Would like to add that rozen maiden 2013 Op and ED especially the ED is really incredible, didnt think they could top traumand's

check out majestic prince and valvrave, watch valvrave with caution and with a "so bad its good" state of mind as you go through it

madp

The Light of El Cantare

All of the obvious recommendations have been covered already, so I'll throw in a suggestion for Break Blade.

foxuzamaki

It's a recap of the original manga series, which the previous anime adaptation had diverged from. Starting with episode 2, it adapts the sequel manga series; the rushed pacing is only for episode 1.

Valvrave the Liberator. If you're a Gundam fan, you'll want to also check out Gundam Build Fighters.

alright but it is still a bit much to take in, even as someone who watched season 1 and 2 of the original series including the overture OVA

Is the original Rozen Maiden series still worth watching? I really enjoyed Rozen Maiden 2013 and am wondering if I should go back and watch that.

alright but it is still a bit much to take in, even as someone who watched season 1 and 2 of the original series including the overture OVA
You don't really need to take in all the minor details. I watched this one having seen nothing Rozen Maiden before, and you only really need to get the general gist of where things stand.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, looks like I'll be giving Valvrave a shot

All of the obvious recommendations have been covered already, so I'll throw in a suggestion for Break Blade.
Watched this and raged at
Sigyn's relationship with the main character

But I thought you were asking for good mecha?
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ

fertygo

Serial Experiment Lain - 05
This show is so oddly compelling.
Is the original Rozen Maiden series still worth watching? I really enjoyed Rozen Maiden 2013 and am wondering if I should go back and watch that.

You don't really need to take in all the minor details. I watched this one having seen nothing Rozen Maiden before, and you only really need to get the general gist of where things stand.

Not really, but its does have some cute and funny filler eps.. the best thing from those older series, really.

Did they really cover all of the light novels? :( I thought there were some left. Unless you're saying something else.
"No more" as in the series ended, the anime covered like 4-5 of the 20 or so novels I believe.

I watched 4 episodes and then finally decided I would watch cowboy Bebop. I feel I made the right decision. I'll get back to it, mind you. ;)
I'll hold you to it!

Lain

White Album 2 ep 5

Oho, we get a first appetizer of delicious drama. Through the episode it is downplayed as simple feeling left out and wanting to be friends, but the interest of the two girls for the serious MC is there.
End of the episode foretells that trouble is coming, and I can't wait to see it.

Hyouka 1-2

Started watching this finally. This show looks so high quality. I'm always amazed at what KyoAni is able to pull off for simple TV productions.

The place is so far away be far apart.
People’s hand does not reach, so merely has the worship.
The place is a lofty lord can’t meet nobody put on.
We will lose the place, so lofty which changes.

Clannad: After Story 09

Ahh yes the bittersweet feels of graduation! The timeskips were interesting though a bit jarring as essentially
it covered like 3 months narrated by Tomoya.
Hope the rest of the show paces regularly. On the note of graduation, I don't think I've ever seen a high-school-based anime continue onwards post-graduation. Clannad: After Story is going to be a first in that regard and since it's not even at the halfway point in the show will be looking forward to what's to come.

Clannad: After Story 09

Ahh yes the bittersweet feels of graduation! The timeskips were interesting though a bit jarring as essentially
it covered like 3 months narrated by Tomoya.
Hope the rest of the show paces regularly. On the note of graduation, I don't think I've ever seen a high-school-based anime continue onwards post-graduation. Clannad: After Story is going to be a first in that regard and since it's not even at the halfway point in the show will be looking forward to what's to come.

You'll be looking forward to it all right. And yeah not many high school stories show their lives after high school unless it's an epiloque of some sort.

cajunator

Banned
Lovely new trailer for Hinata no Aoshigure, the new short film by Hiroyasu Ishida, maker of Fumiko's Confession and Raintown.
http://youtu.be/SUfWjDfYGtM

Nice artwork! But I see some weird CG in there.

What does that mean?

fuwafuwa time

I am so angry that I will never see Keiichi and Belldandy get married

aghh

Is it possible to marry a goddess?

In these two cases I would agree actually.

Hunter x Hunter Episode 4 to 18
I'm still enjoying the show, but it has been dragging the past 2-3 episodes. We're this far in and just now entering the final phase of the Hunter exam. It needs to pick up the pace a bit. They've set the groundwork plenty for the main cast. At this point, they need to get to the meat.

Random thoughts: Gon is a great character. He is innocent and kind, but not naive and over bubbly. I thoroughly enjoyed the candle moment
when he placed his fast-burning candle on the ground to run over and blow the other guy's out.
I can imagine plenty of stereotypical good guys who might've spouted some goody two-shoes nonsense and "I'll find another way!"

Other than that, the world of Hunter x Hunter itself still needs a good foundation. I don't understand what kind of things exist within it. What is normal. What isn't. Overall, what kind of a place is it. I mention this because
of things like Gon concealing his prescence from Hisoka right before fishing his ID tag off. What is there to conceal? Do people have aura's in this? Energy levels? And how does Gon know how to conceal whatever this is?
I'm fine with whatever the answer might be as the show continues, just as long as some things start getting established. All I can do now is fling other action stereotypes at Hunter x Hunter as placeholders.

Rambling over.

Kuroko no Basket 2 05

3VYrsAYl.jpg

Another INTENSE episode. I always enjoy seeing the other members of the team show off their stuff but still so very much INTENSE.

Guys, why can't there be another season of Spice and Wolf? Whyyyyy?

You could purchase Yen Press' release of the LNs. As of now there are nine released, with the tenth coming in December.

If you only want to read the parts not animated, start with the fourth LN and then skip to number six. I too would like to see more the series animated, but at least I can read the original novels.

Narag

You could purchase Yen Press' release of the LNs. As of now there are nine released, with the tenth coming in December.

If you only want to read the parts not animated, start with the fourth LN and then skip to number six. I too would like to see more the series animated, but at least I can read the original novels.

Oh yeah, need to order volume 10.

Articalys

I should add it to my Amazon wish list so I don't forget.

I don't know why you can't manually reorder the items on the list, by the way.

Clannad: After Story 10

I really liked this episode even though it wasn't as upbeat as previous ones. Tomoya transitioning into an independent life reminds me of myself going through college in a way, guess why I liked this episode alot. With Tomoya's
new job as an electrician it seems that time between him and Nagisa will be strained, definitely hinted at how at the episode ended with him being so fatigued to listen to her. Also I wonder if Tomoya's dad will be brought up again as since the last time the two had contact was when he was still in high school, not even sure if the dad knows he's graduated yet.

Narag

I own all nine released LNs and have the tenth ordered. I have watched both anime series, but I have yet to purchase it. I should probably add that to my holiday list.

Bought the second season (like two years ago. How I just now remembered I'll never know.) but dodged the second on bluray due to being a bad upscale. If they want my money, they know what to do there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom