• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Eureka 7 is a debatable one. I personally disagree as I thought the first is excellent but a few people prefer the 2nd.

Fate/Zero easily.

Soul Eater

I agree with this one.

Fate Zero's second OP is definitely better.

Macross Frontier comes to mind. Triangular has grown on me since I finished the series, but I never skipped Lion, ever. Definitely debatable, though (but of course, everything's up to taste).

Psycho-Pass as well.

Lion is pretty damned good too.

All I remember about R2's OPs was "I COBTIBUE TO FIIIIIIIIBE"

Blood-C 2

Oh my God.

It's anime Twilight.

Ohhhhh man. Just you wait. This show is legendary.
Saya is so moe.

It's weird how they only make one song and yet sometimes that song is still worse than at other times.

The one time I liked it was Coppelia's casket, the Noir opening.

I as expecting the Sailor Stars OP. I hardly even process the first OP as changing - changes in the animation, even if several times, just don't make as much of an impact as changing the song after a hundred and sixty episodes.

Definitely my favorite of the Sailor Moon openings.

Hunter x Hunter - 19
I hope at some point Leorio stops being the hothead of the show that yells at every little thing that upsets him....
But Hanzo immediately smashing Gon's face into the ground was awesome and unexpected.
And wow. Gon during the final exam...
That was god awful...Hanzo simply conceded? I don't even think I can put into words how stupid that just was and how terrible of a bitter taste it leaves in my mouth.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
rozen maiden 2013 episode 2
pace slowed way down, but for the better, I am finding myself really interested in college jun's life, I almost dont want him to get involved with rozen maidens and just want to see his woes and tribulations in everyday college life as he works on shinku and slowly builds a relationship with this one chick. its such a different take compared to kid jun its almost refreshing despite not being something different from other animes

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 15
screenshot107ivun4.png

Is this symbolic of something or is this show screwing with me again? Probably both.

Man,
there sure are a lot of incestuous yanderes in this show.

I can't say I expected to see Kozue again, so that was cool. Pretty good character, even if
her whole conflict in this episode seems like kind of a clone of Nanami's

It's interesting that Utena's "present" for the shadow plays now.
Are they somehow connected to Wakaba? It strikes me that she looks and sounds a lot like the girls in 'em.

the preview has me geared up for another insane Nanami episode.

Choo choo...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Gazoinks: If something seems symbolic in Utena, it usually is. Remember Ammonite? Song was calling out Saionji as old-fashioned.

jman2050

any comedies similar to Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei out there? It has brilliant VA and while it got a bit abstract at one point, the art was simply amazing.

Check out Joshiraku. It's not quite the same but the manga was written by the same author as SZS so that style of comedy is in full force. One of my favorites from last year.

Clannad: After Story 11

Yoshino is a great co-worker/mentor for Tomoya. I felt bad for Nagisa
due to the little time the two had together even having Tomoya skip the Founder's Festival and I like her even more so being able to be so level-headed through the ordeal.
I wonder if Tomoya's bad shoulder will affect the stability of his job. Overall another great episode showing the struggles of the work environment and trying to maintain a relationship at the same time.

Personally I would've
chose Nagisa over work at Yoshino's blessing though still approve of Tomoya's choice.

cajunator

Banned
All your other backlog shows, drop them. Finish up Blood C.

DO this Corvy kun. and then move to Arjuna. Dooooo it!

Sora no Woto, if only for that ED not being so damn upbeat during the most serious times of the show.

Haha yes exactly this.
Ska is the best.

just when you thought MAL couldn't sink any lower in their title weebification crusade:

QbliHzP.png

Why do you still use that awful site? Its a damned joke.

cajunator

Banned
Those I got from a visit to Animesuki.

This one as well, that should interest Noel and Makoto (Blazblue) fans.

Here (NSFW)

Thanks.

pfft, Blazblue Makoto isn't even the best Makoto in a fighting game.

Third Strike Makoto > all in terms of fighting ability. But fuwafuwa Makoto is by far the cutest and most squee.

The Bodacious Space Pirates ED song was unusually energetic and could have served just as well in the OP.

Hmmm. Disagreed because it already has a god tier OP and the ED is actually pretty fitting for ED.

Time to recommend the best SHAFT show ever made

mSlZzR5.jpg

soredemo machi wa mawatteiru

I second this. Third it if necessary.

Is there a better alternative?

www.hummingbird.me
It will even import your MAL lists so you dont have to start over

Just reminded me that I need to watch this.

:D
Its a pretty unique and special show. thats for sure!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
soredemo is one of those shows you can rewatch and appreciate even more the second time.

Clannad: After Story 12

Excellent episode, again Yoshino is a great co-worker/mentor for Tomoya and it seems he's trying to guide Tomoya on the right path whatever that might be for him. Yoshino's own backstory was interesting and I'm surprised how in-depth it went to
show how his motivations in playing music changed over time.

All my ponderings regarding Tomoya's dad finally resurfaced as
it was his mistakes that ruined Tomoya's future job prospects he had at the time.
I would be pissed too if I was held down by something out of my control but then after the incident came the
marriage proposal. Now that the season is at its halfway point I applaud it for depicting the romance/relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa as it seems so real even if a kiss wasn't even shown on screen yet in either this season or the previous. Even the marriage proposal came off as natural to me.

Thought I know the show is heavily focusing on Tomoya and Nagisa I do hope the rest of the main cast shows up soon as I'm starting to miss them.

Hunter x Hunter 23
What's this nonsense?
The "real" final exam for becoming a Hunter hasn't ended yet....are you shitting me?
Bah. Time for bed. I'll give this show a couple more, but after hooking me early I'm starting to pull away.

Time to recommend the best SHAFT show ever made

mSlZzR5.jpg

soredemo machi wa mawatteiru

ahh yiss. joshiraku is good too.

Hunter x Hunter 23
What's this nonsense?
The "real" final exam for becoming a Hunter hasn't ended yet....are you shitting me?
Bah. Time for bed. I'll give this show a couple more, but after hooking me early I'm starting to pull away.

... way too early to give up man.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nichibros 12 -END-

What a great ending. Honestly didn't expect everything to be wrapped up so nicely. And the
frankfurter
skit was amazing.

Such a great show. Glad I finally got around to watching it.

From here I would normally start searching for a new backlog show to watch, but thankfully fertygo handled that for me. Off to Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru!

Check out Joshiraku. It's not quite the same but the manga was written by the same author as SZS so that style of comedy is in full force. One of my favorites from last year.
SZS has been in my peripheral vision for a while, but this pushed me over the edge. I've got to watch it now. Joshiraku was my #2 for 2012 iirc.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 17
screenshot1143uswz.png

Nanami asks the hard questions: What's the deal with Miki's stopwatch anyway?

Jury continues to be one of the more interesting characters in the show for me, and Shiori was also interesting.
Utena going to Akio as a confidant of sorts makes me vaguely nervous. He seems... shady. Also, a lot of swords coming out of bodies around here. What's her face didn't have one though, right? Akio's girlfriend? Hmm.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Clannad: After Story 12

Excellent episode, again Yoshino is a great co-worker/mentor for Tomoya and it seems he's trying to guide Tomoya on the right path whatever that might be for him. Yoshino's own backstory was interesting and I'm surprised how in-depth it went to
show how his motivations in playing music changed over time.

All my ponderings regarding Tomoya's dad finally resurfaced as
it was his mistakes that ruined Tomoya's future job prospects he had at the time.
I would be pissed too if I was held down by something out of my control but then after the incident came the
marriage proposal. Now that the season is at its halfway point I applaud it for depicting the romance/relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa as it seems so real even if a kiss wasn't even shown on screen yet in either this season or the previous. Even the marriage proposal came off as natural to me.

Thought I know the show is heavily focusing on Tomoya and Nagisa I do hope the rest of the main cast shows up soon as I'm starting to miss them.
Are you marathoning this all today? If so I want to be here to see 18 lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
SoreMachi 1

This is the weirdest damn show...yet strangely compelling (and so goddamn well animated, based SHAFT)...yes, I do believe I will be sticking with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom