• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little late, but yeah, Joshiraku is the best series for someone aching for more Zetsubou-sensei. Just don't be dissuaded when you don't understand like half the jokes. Joshiraku has that problem even more than Zetsubou-sensei does; I'm entirely convinced that's why it was never picked up by Crunchyroll.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm a little late, but yeah, Joshiraku is the best series for someone aching for more Zetsubou-sensei. Just don't be dissuaded when you don't understand like half the jokes. Joshiraku has that problem even more than Zetsubou-sensei does; I'm entirely convinced that's why it was never picked up by Crunchyroll.

I highly recommend anyone watching Joshiraku use this as a companion. Really helps you understand a lot more of the more Japanese-centric jokes.

http://notredrevie.ws/tag/joshiraku/page/2/

Jarmel

Banned
Golden Time 5-

Well this took a turn for the weird and familiar.

Poor sap is stuck in the friendzone. This really doesn't sound like a healthy relationship or friendship at all.

Either way, this really feels like a complete step down from Toradora. Mostly because the MC is dull as fuck and Koko is batshit insane. Like she should be institutionalized.

Thoraxes

Time to recommend the best SHAFT show ever made

mSlZzR5.jpg

soredemo machi wa mawatteiru

Two of some of my favorite things...

Chiaki Omigawa and SHAFT.

wonzo

Banned
Gingitsune 4-5

gingitsune5.jpg

real subtle

I hope that's most of Satoru's "abusive adoptive family" stuff out of the way as it just felt so hamfisted, especially when compared to a certain other series that handled this stuff way better.

Teekyuu 29

the dangers of wreckless fake drinking, not even once

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'll stream build fighters via my iPad for $800 USD pM ME!!!11

Also Kshatriya hng.

Hoo boy,
Gouf
Call Enron.

Oh god that sat cannon. Good.

Yozakura Quartet - 3
Wow, that got really dark really fast only to set up some exposition? It even goes back to the usual warm atmosphere right after that scene. This could have been handled better without the jarring tonal shift. At least the ending turned out okay.

cnet128

Banned

This screenshot seems extra amusing in the context of Makoto's gag ending from Chrono Phantasma.

pfft, Blazblue Makoto isn't even the best Makoto in a fighting game.

Not that I'm all that familiar with other fighting game Makotos, but I'm nevertheless pretty sure this statement is categorically incorrect.

Clannad: After Story 11

Personally I would've
chose Nagisa over work at Yoshino's blessing though still approve of Tomoya's choice.

Choosing personal life over work? lol. Not in Japan.

Theonik

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I really haven't been watching anime much recently (you may have noticed my severe drop in activity in this thread).

Finally got round to watch the second and third episodes of Gingitsune. Will try to watch the fourth and fifth tonight.

Will have to update my Hummingbird account so I can keep track of just how far behind I am (I honestly didn't realise I'd only seen the first episode of Gingitsune).

Dynedom

I disagree. Boku Janai after a VVV episode was pure greatness.

I don't think Preserved Roses should have been swapped but Boku Jani has OPness written all over it.

Replacing it midway through as an ED was :( though

I always wished Minna no Peace from TTGL was used as an OP to some other show but I loved it as an ED to TTGL.

cajunator

Banned
reCAPTCHA says the exact opposite.

Hmmm. I honestly didnt know this is how they sourced the puzzles. This is really neat.

SoreMachi 1

This is the weirdest damn show...yet strangely compelling (and so goddamn well animated, based SHAFT)...yes, I do believe I will be sticking with this.

Yup it is. Cant get that OP out of my head now either.

I highly recommend anyone watching Joshiraku use this as a companion. Really helps you understand a lot more of the more Japanese-centric jokes.

http://notredrevie.ws/tag/joshiraku/page/2/

Thanks for that. Reminds me of the joke notes from AZumanga Daioh that came with the DVDs. Really helped me.

Two of some of my favorite things...

Chiaki Omigawa and SHAFT.

See BEAR this is why youre AWESOME.

This screenshot seems extra amusing in the context of Makoto's gag ending from Chrono Phantasma.

Not that I'm all that familiar with other fighting game Makotos, but I'm nevertheless pretty sure this statement is categorically incorrect.

Choosing personal life over work? lol. Not in Japan.

I dunno man. Makoto is Third Strike is a pretty effective fighter. Now in terms of squee? Not even close. Blazblue MAkoto fuwafuwa doki doki.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It was said that
her limiter was borked hence why she was retired. I'm assuming the limiter is a device that prevents the VVV from consuming her own memories. Also Haruto is the only one powering the rest of the VVVs

I think the only reason she loses her memories so excessively is because for whatever reason she has no limiter. So when she pilots the Valvrave, it's like driving a car with a fuel leak.

Ah, I see, that would make sense. I probably should have gone back and run through S1 again before this season began to reacquaint myself with the finer details of how the Valvraves work.

Theonik

Ah, I see, that would make sense. I probably should have gone back and run through S1 again before this season began to reacquaint myself with the finer details of how the Valvraves work.
That was actually on the episode itself (16/S2E4) and the first time we heard about it! Season 1 didn't really touch up on how VVVs work and we've only been getting hints these past few episodes.

yami4ct

Revolutionary Girl Utena 17

Jury continues to be one of the more interesting characters in the show for me, and Shiori was also interesting.
Utena going to Akio as a confidant of sorts makes me vaguely nervous. He seems... shady. Also, a lot of swords coming out of bodies around here. What's her face didn't have one though, right? Akio's girlfriend? Hmm.

You're at the point now where Utena turned from a show I really enjoyed to being one of my all time faves. The second arc is soooo good. I also agree that Jury is one of the more interesting characters of the show. She's complex and conflicted in a way that you don't see often. It creates a lot of great drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom