• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Hyouka 3-11

Chitanda's sparkling eyes can be mesmerizing, thought her curiosity is overbearing.
So far so good, the show keeps being fun and interesting. I did feel bad for Houtarou in episode 11.

Speaking of episode 11, there's a question about it that I hope someone can answer. During the exchange between Irisu and Houtarou toward the end, when Houtarou basically asks her
if what she told him previously were all lies, she answer by saying something like "those words weren't what I really think", followed by "whether you consider them lies or not is up to you". I don't really understand this passage, or at least I'm not 100% sure on the meaning. Is she trying to half deflect part of the blame for deceiving him? Is she saying yeah, what I told you isn't what I actually think, but it's up to you to consider that line of thinking a lie?
Also, from the chat exchanges, it's apparent to me that the sempai Irisu talked with was Houtarou's sister. Given that she has no qualms with her brother being used like that, am I right in interpreting her logging off like that just because Irisu admitted she lied to her?
In any case, no matter the motivations, I ended up not liking much both Houtarou's sister as well as Irisu at the end of this episode.

Jarmel

Banned
As I was watching the last episode of Infinite Stratos, all I could think about was that either Ichika is a eunuch or in his eyes, all these girls are ugly as fuck. Like in 'Ichika Vision', we see that they're all overweight and acne covered.

As I was watching the last episode of Infinite Stratos, all I could think about was that either Ichika is a eunuch or in his eyes, all these girls are ugly as fuck. Like in 'Ichika Vision', we see that they're all overweight and acne covered.

Now you're just making me think of Infintie Stratos/Saya no Uta crossover possibilities.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, that's the only good choice.

Indeed I haven't.

No matter who wins we lose? ;P

If you haven't, you shouldn't.

The only way to win Infinite Stratos is to not play. Or watch.

Then you wouldnt experience the wonder of Charles. Life would be empty.

Now you're just making me think of Infintie Stratos/Saya no Uta crossover possibilities.

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing.

You just tune that guy out so you can focus on the big butts and fluffy tails, truly a Xebec masterpiece.

You are the eternal optimist
:D

Patlabor TV 36

A nice episode dealing with Noa's insecurities and her role within the team dynamics. Character art was quite nice too, pleasantly rounded. Ota is really getting on my nerves though; his switch is stuck on "confrontational". I wish he'd shut up sometimes.

The twist is he's an acting, maniacal scheming villain reminiscent of Light Yagami. He's just pretending to be that dense.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i feel like i complained about this exact gif before, but genitals, even characterized, are not safe for work.

Chronoexe

You just tune that guy out so you can focus on the big butts and fluffy tails, truly a Xebec masterpiece.

D:

I only watched 3 chapters in my first try because of my hate towards the MC and I don't know anything else about the show, but my interest is returning looking at the doujin collection of shikishima Guntool.

is it worth it?

I appreciate my account so I will not elaborate.

holy shit!

manga or LN?

Crocodile

Sword Art Online 14

I don't think I've ever seen a show just blatantly break its own rules without a care in the world. I mean "how is he still alive!" is a common occurrence in fiction but most works at least try (though they don't always succeed) to explain their plot twists in a way that makes sense in the context of the story's universe. Here, things just happen and there is never any justification as to why. Not even an attempt. Like not even "Heart of the Cards", or "SHONEN HEARTO" or "Secret Super Mode that had been teased for like 50 episodes/chapter" or whatever. Just 'cause. REASONS. The clincher for me was:

"Evil dude, why are you so evil?"
"I dunno.......REASONS? I forgot"

Wait........WUT?

This level of writing wouldn't even pass grade for a high school writing assignment. How did it get published? How did it get turned into a TV show? I.......I......can't. I........don't understand :(

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 14

I don't think I've ever seen a show just blatantly break its own rules without a care in the world. I mean "how is he still alive!" is a common occurrence in fiction but most works at least try (though they don't always succeed) to explain their plot twists in a way that makes sense in the context of the story's universe. Here, things just happen and there is never any justification as to why. Not even an attempt. Like not even "Heart of the Cards", or "SHONEN HEARTO" or "Secret Super Mode that had been teased for like 50 episodes/chapter" or whatever. Just 'cause. REASONS. The clincher for me was:

Wait........WUT?

This level of writing wouldn't even pass grade for a high school writing assignment. How did it get published? How did it get turned into a TV show? I.......I......can't. I........don't understand :(

Most successful show of that season!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hey guys. Can a friendly awesome member of AnimeGAF shoot me a CR 2-Day Pass through PM? My account bounced and I need the animez.

On the not groveling in the dirt side, Space Brothers. 6 Episodes in. "What the hell? How why and what is this show moving on 70+ episodes". Honestly, I'm watching it because I want to know how something like this has survived that long.

D:

I only watched 3 chapters in my first try because of my hate towards the MC and I don't know anything else about the show, but my interest is returning looking at the doujin collection of shikishima Guntool.

is it worth it?
If you really need some Xebec-tier fanservice with the addition of animal ears and tails I don't see why not!

I still need to watch the OVA because there was one gif I saw that was so yfoghvvdg that I couldn't resist.

Gundam Build Fighters 5

Making Gunpla to score chicks, my realism is shattered.

Looks like those bozos won't get their revenge match after all.

Branduil

I use a greasemonkey script to deweeab the titles. Works well enough.

It's functional, but having to use a script to make it usable just proves the site itself is broken, not on accident, but intentionally. I don't want to patronize a website that deliberately obfuscates its intended purpose for the sake of an imbecilic "principle."

It's functional, but having to use a script to make it usable just proves the site itself is broken, not on accident, but intentionally. I don't want to patronize a website that deliberately obfuscates its intended purpose for the sake of an imbecilic "principle."

I can understand that. I'd use Hummingbird more if I didn't find its UI and look to be a headache.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
HB might not be there yet, but at least it's still being worked on, and the dashboard is rather convenient to work with.

Too bad ratings are hard to get to at the moment.

e_i

Infinite Stratos season 2 episode 5

Oh, just fuck Charlotte already. She's the best girl anyway. Stop with stupid harem crap. CHOOSE CHARLOTTE.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 14

Wait........WUT?

That was my major beef with a lot of the show. I mean I had other beefs, which I won't spoil, but for the first half of the show that and Asuna suddenly losing her balls the moment she got Kirito's were probably my chief complaints. Then Beater. Which will never, ever be a good term and would never, ever happen in real life. I refuse to believe people would ever go along with that.

But the "IDKLOLWTF" motivation of the villain and the way Kirito and Asuna are super chill with that was definitely a big problem for me.

Branduil

I can understand that. I'd use Humingbird more if I didn't find it's UI and look to be a headache.

Hopefully they will make it less bloated and more functional over time. They at the very least are pretending to care about what their users want, so that's a huge improvement over My"weeaboo is a slur"AnimeList.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i feel like i complained about this exact gif before, but genitals, even characterized, are not safe for work.
I tried to complain about it in the IRC but they all called me a wingey pants and to take it like a man.

Branduil

HB might not be there yet, but at least it's still being worked on, and the dashboard is rather convenient to work with.

Too bad ratings are hard to get to at the moment.
Yeah my main complaints would be about the time it takes to add and rate shows compared to MAL. I like the scores working like movie ratings better than out-of-ten, it's technically the same scale but it communicates better the idea that 3 stars is still decent whereas people think 6/10 is a failing grade/bad video game.

Patlabor TV 37

That we get an episode about an insurance investigator looking into the team's claims for collateral damage is why I like Patlabor so much in comparison to other mecha series.

Also, just when I'm complaining about Ota the series takes time out to humanize him. It's like they read my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom