• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

This level of writing wouldn't even pass grade for a high school writing assignment. How did it get published? How did it get turned into a TV show? I.......I......can't. I........don't understand :(

To be fair, unlike many other problems of the series, the issue with that battle was created by the adaptation... In the original, he doesn't disappear and returns, just attacks while his hp is dropping to zero.

CorvoSol

Doujin has the protag split into two sides, who then have sex, and according to hentai rules the female side gets the tiebreaker in which side "won" from both accepting their roles.

I, well, no but, um, you see that's . . .

That isn't normally what I would call winning.

fertygo

Yeah my main complaints would be about the time it takes to add and rate shows compared to MAL. I like the scores working like movie ratings better than out-of-ten, it's technically the same scale but it communicates better the idea that 3 stars is still decent whereas people think 6/10 is a failing grade/bad video game.

Eh I like out-of-ten scale better, I'm not affected with how popular rating site use 6/10 is rather bad or not passable.

For me 4 star is way different than 9/10, or like what HB does when importing make all 9/10 to 5 star.

Same case for 3 star to 5-7 out-of-ten.

Branduil

Eh I like out-of-ten scale better, I'm not affected with how popular rating site use 6/10 is rather bad or not passable.

For me 4 star is way different than 9/10, or like what HB does when importing make all 9/10 to 5 star.

Same case for 3 star to 5-7 out-of-ten.

HB has half-stars now.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
:) :| :( is the best scale.

For me it's:

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
\(^o^)/
ψ(`∇´)ψ
(=゚ω゚)ノ
(´・_・`)
( ̄Д ̄)ノ
(´・Д・)」
∑(゚Д゚)
( ´Д`)y━・~~
_| ̄|○

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh god why. You might as well stick with a 10 point scale then.
Again, it's psychological. Give people 10 points and they go into classroom grading mode, but give them 5 stars and they're more likely to spread it out, even with half stars.

I argued this point rather strongly in the HB forums a long while back, and I'd like to think that I played some small role in enabling what they chose to do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hummingbird is also a great site to go to if you are unsure whether or not your computer fans are working.

Jarmel

Banned
Patlabor TV 37

That we get an episode about an insurance investigator looking into the team's claims for collateral damage is why I like Patlabor so much in comparison to other mecha series.

Also, just when I'm complaining about Ota the series takes time out to humanize him. It's like they read my mind.

I'll be frank, I don't think they do a good job with Ota at all. There's a few episodes where they try to show he's more than a gun freak but then next episode, he goes right back to being a dumbass.

I'll be frank, I don't think they do a good job with Ota at all. There's a few episodes where they try to show he's more than a gun freak but then next episode, he goes right back to being a dumbass.

He's not the greatest character, but most of the time he's balanced out by the rest of the cast, and I appreciate that he got some character-centric episodes to show another side of his personality, even if he doesn't change as such overall. I just wish they had toned down some of his irrational excesses.

Jarmel

Banned
He's not the greatest character, but most of the time he's balanced out by the rest of the cast, and I appreciate that he got some character-centric episodes to show another side of his personality, even if he doesn't change as such overall. I just wish they had toned down some of his irrational excesses.

Yea, if he had undergone some sort of character development, I think I could have been more tolerable of him. He just seems so exaggerated at times that it really stands out, especially in contrast with the rest of the crew.

cajunator

Banned
Not just any himself, his female self, who he impregnates.

That's going the extra mile to fuck yourself.

Im honestly impressed by such effort.

:) :| :( is the best scale.

Truth.

For me it's:

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
\(^o^)/
ψ(`∇´)ψ
(=゚ω゚)ノ
(´・_・`)
( ̄Д ̄)ノ
(´・Д・)」
∑(゚Д゚)
( ´Д`)y━・~~
_| ̄|○

Thats a bit of a complex scale though.

I can't respect anyone who wants anything to do with Ichika.

Well to be fair you could say this about any haremshit. but nobody watches these shows for the protagonist.

Hummingbird is also a great site to go to if you are unsure whether or not your computer fans are working.

What exactly are you doing on the site when it has to load that much?
I just tried it and its silent.

Chronoexe

He chooses Akane.

That wouldn't be so bad but she loses her red haired, fiery personality and the author explicity makes Shizuku cry about not being chosen.

the best thing about Akane and made Shizuku cry
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 11

World War II didn't start in 1938; get your facts straight! (Ha, as if this series cares about facts.)

Joseph continues to be an awesome protagonist, and the fights are much better now that they involve strategy with lots of tools in the toolkit, unlike Jonathan, who only had basic Hamon attacks. Joseph's penchant for thinking quickly and outside the box is very welcome.

I have to say, whoever said that the second opening is better than the first is sorely mistaken. I like some of the visual gimmicks it has and the new song fits better with what Iwasaki is doing with the score, but the overall visual direction is less inspired and more generic while Bloody Stream doesn't have the same iconic sound that Sono Chi no Sadame does.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Infinite Stratos season 2 episode 5

Oh, just fuck Charlotte already. She's the best girl anyway. Stop with stupid harem crap. CHOOSE CHARLOTTE.

Ex-fucking-actly.

Still think a Charlotte x Laura ending is a win for everyone.

I want a Charlotte x Laura buddy cop-style spin-off sooooo bad.

IS4_CHOCO_00003.jpeg

• The World God Only Knows S3 - 03
I wish I was watching this show the same time as everyone else. Bleh. Hopefully in 2 years there will be a new season of TWGOK coming out.

the engrish of the OP will always be one of the defining things of this show for me lol

LOL CG BUS

I nearly forgot about Shioribestgirl.
w7GAymp.png

haha Shiori's fanfiction is awesome. This is why I love this show.

Mr.Jeff

Guys, why can't there be another season of Spice and Wolf? Whyyyyy?
I mentioned this the other day and was wondering if it's similar to Full Metal Panic. While there's material left it could be that it all continues on so that there's no real proper stopping point do do either a 13/26 episode series. So you'd either have to butcher the material (Shakugan no Shana's second series) or just not bother.

That's a guess though since I've yet to read the 9 novels sitting on my shelf....

any comedies similar to Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei out there? It has brilliant VA and while it got a bit abstract at one point, the art was simply amazing.
Pani Poni Dash has a similar sort of feel and is laden with reference based humour as well. AS it would since it's also Shaft produced.

For my the worst is Kanokon I love the character dising of the girls but I hate the MC.

I only watched 3 chapters in my first try because of my hate towards the MC and I don't know anything else about the show, but my interest is returning looking at the doujin collection of shikishima Guntool.
The series is bad an Kouta is still a creepy looking shota but it's voiced by Mamiko Noto who is getting hit on by Ayako Kawasumi and animated by Xebec with fluffy tails so there's all kind of reasons to suffer through it despite it being a dreadful harem show.

Just imagine Guntool's doujins as the logical conclusion of the series.

fertygo

Gundam Build Fighters - 05

Imaginary battle and cosplaying... what the hell LOL
That italian dude are funny also the OST is very kickass

Jarmel

Banned
I mentioned this the other day and was wondering if it's similar to Full Metal Panic. While there's material left it could be that it all continues on so that there's no real proper stopping point do do either a 13/26 episode series. So you'd either have to butcher the material (Shakugan no Shana's second series) or just not bother.

That's a guess though since I've yet to read the 9 novels sitting on my shelf....

My understanding is that they probably could do the rest of the FMP stuff as 26 episodes. It's more the DVD sales being poor for KyoAni now and also that they would have to coordinate/share profits from Kadokawa which they don't want to do anymore.

My understanding is that they probably could do the rest of the FMP stuff as 26 episodes. It's more the DVD sales being poor for KyoAni now and also that they would have to coordinate/share profits from Kadokawa which they don't want to do anymore.

Kadokawa would have to order another adaptation of FMP - which could certainly happen with another studio than KyoAni. KyoAni could certainly choose to not make it if asked, but they couldn't stop it from being made. So Kadokawa is the "culprit", if you're looking for someone to blame here. And what's their motivation, when the LN series is finished?

Jarmel

Banned
Kadokawa would have to order another adaptation of FMP - which could certainly happen with another studio than KyoAni. KyoAni could certainly choose to not make it if asked, but they couldn't stop it from being made. So Kadokawa is the "culprit", if you're looking for someone to blame here. And what's their motivation, when the LN series is finished?

Their motivation would be Another. I remember reading somewhere that KyoAni's schedule also limits the projects they take on. It had to do with Little Busters and why JC Staff was doing it, mainly that KyoAni's schedule at the time was blocked for like two years and Key wanted it done sooner. They could use another studio although I'm curious how much say the writer has over this stuff. Usually they don't have any, as this stuff is almost always left to the publisher and it benefits the writer anyway, but I imagine Gatoh throwing a fit if Kadokawa tried to get some other studio to do it. Gatoh also would probably do the screenplay/script, which is unusual, so I'm wondering if that would impact anything as well from the KyoAni standpoint.

To be honest though, I don't know how well Another is selling or even how well the FMP LN sold. It's perfectly possible both don't sell well enough from either a LN or anime standpoint for either party to be interested.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The LN series is finished.

And I'm pretty sure there's no motivation to make anything if the LNs are finished.. I don't think Kadokawa really care about greenlighting a another FMP series just to finish the story for anime watchers.;p

• The World God Only Knows S3 - 04
hahaha french revolution superhero shiori

well yeah no DUH keima, of course she doesn't want to hear from you. She's sending creepy possessed dolls to fight you.

that was a quick conquest. which sucks because we never got to see her original conquest.

jealous haqua is best haqua

Mature

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 11

World War II didn't start in 1938; get your facts straight! (Ha, as if this series cares about facts.)

Joseph continues to be an awesome protagonist, and the fights are much better now that they involve strategy with lots of tools in the toolkit, unlike Jonathan, who only had basic Hamon attacks. Joseph's penchant for thinking quickly and outside the box is very welcome.

I have to say, whoever said that the second opening is better than the first is sorely mistaken. I like some of the visual gimmicks it has and the new song fits better with what Iwasaki is doing with the score, but the overall visual direction is less inspired and more generic while Bloody Stream doesn't have the same iconic sound that Sono Chi no Sadame does.
It certainly grows on you.

Tenumi

Banned
The LN series is finished.

And I'm pretty sure there's no motivation to make anything if the LNs are finished.. I don't think Kadokawa really care about greenlighting a another FMP series just to finish the story for anime watchers.;p

Money is the motivation. If they think it's going sell well, it doesn't matter if the LNs are finished, they'll get it done. But if the profitability isn't there, it's not going to happen.

Clannad: After Story 13

Great episode here with Tomoya and Akio having a man-to-man battle over
Tomoya's marriage to Nagisa
over baseball! I really like how they did this with baseball and the raining environment, though the rain was done already in the beginning of the season I find it a great compliment to such serious/dramatic moments.

Drunken
Nagisa
was so damn cute and hilarious, first time to see Nagisa being snappy and direct. Plus seeing the main cast return for
Nagisa's graduation
is another plus; right when I started to miss them they all came back, even if Sunohara didn't have his awesome hair.

So now that
the two are married (even gave closure to Tomoya's dad) I wonder if they are going to a show a wedding ceremony. Personally I don't mind if it's in or not but what's more interesting is the new life between the two. It's amazing how the lack of the physical side of the relationship doesn't seem to matter due to how heavy and prominent the emotional side is portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom