• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Whoever that is, she can't be better than Miya because Miya is bedhead loveliness.

Whoever Miya is, she can't be better than Satoko because Satoko is one of the most ultimate lolis known to man.

I think a number of the achievement names for Chronophantasma are references to other anime/manga/memes. Among the ones I can figure out, there's the Oreimo seiyuu joke I mentioned before, one that references Attack on Titan's name, one that references the name of the live-action Nodame Cantabile movies, and even one with the name "まずはそのガードをぶち壊す!" (Masuwa sono guard wo buchikowasu!) ,which is a reference to Touma's "その幻想をぶち殺す!" (Sono gensou wo buchikorosu) catchprase from Index.

But…but…I responded to you the first time around =/

With extra examples, too!

Jintor

Guilty Crown 01 -ENG-

Wow, the dubbing on this is actually pretty good. Pretty naturalistic dialogue (outside of the main character's whining), largely suitable voices.

Militaristic guys are pretty incompetent flatfoots though, don't even bother properly securing the area where they found her, missed her little mech, especially when they're supposed to be searching for stolen goods. Guess that's what happens when you're blind peons of the military autocracy.

Lotta people shitting on Shu, lol. Kid's just a fuckin' high-schooler, what the fuck was he meant to do against the military?

Hmmm. Seems pretty interesting all-up, but still got a hint of something that I'm not real fond of.

Guilty Crown 01 -ENG-

Wow, the dubbing on this is actually pretty good. Pretty naturalistic dialogue (outside of the main character's whining), largely suitable voices.

Militaristic guys are pretty incompetent flatfoots though, don't even bother properly securing the area where they found her, missed her little mech, especially when they're supposed to be searching for stolen goods. Guess that's what happens when you're blind peons of the military autocracy.

Lotta people shitting on Shu, lol. Kid's just a fuckin' high-schooler, what the fuck was he meant to do against the military?

Hmmm. Seems pretty interesting all-up, but still got a hint of something that I'm not real fond of.

The show has everything for it to be a great show, but somehow in its fundamental level it failed.

Jintor

Even from the first episode I can feel that it's kind of interesting conceptually but there's a... sense of disquiet here. Also, none of the characters encountered so far are very interesting.

Clannad: After Story 14

Good episode, looks like Tomoya is now being subjected to the passage of time and has to learn how to deal with things changing. What's more is that
Nagisa is now pregnant. Both surprised and pleased in how the show handled it; when Nagisa popped the question and the long pause happened I actually thought Tomoya didn't agree and put it off 'till later. Then the ending came and confirmed it.

Again, Akio is just plain awesome in all aspects and Nagisa directly telling her parents that she and Tomoya are having sex was a priceless reaction from everyone. So I guess this episode just confirms the physical relationship between Nagisa and Tomoya does in fact exist but again there's no need to show it as the emotional side takes priority and I very much like it that way so far.

The show is pacing quite quickly, though I don't mind I do wish for the main cast (or now-previous main cast as it has switched to Tomoya, Nagisa, and the Furukawas) to make some appearances now and then.

wonzo

Banned
Even from the first episode I can feel that it's kind of interesting conceptually but there's a... sense of disquiet here. Also, none of the characters encountered so far are very interesting.
thats because guilty crown is a bad show from the getgo in retrospect. bail out asap

jbug617

Banned
Non Non Biyori 5

Don't Mind

AbMVYXJ.gif

Good episode. Had a little bit of everything (Yuri and Renge).

wonzo

Banned
I don't think retrospect is really required. It was apparent when it was airing too.
i dunno, the first few eps kinda had that awful trainwreck feel to it but unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the entertaining kind

either that or the wheelchair led me astray…

Yowamushi Pedal 05

Well seeing the new first years will be pretty interesting.

And pretty glad the main character is gaining some confidence.

Yowamushi Pedal Episode 5
BYRXz7MCcAAgjAk.png:large

Makishima definitely deserves more screentime, because welll...great scene.

The episode was by far probably one of the better ones around as finally having the three leads together led to a pretty entertaining and intense episode. Particularly, Naruko and Imaizumi are leading the way for being the more interesting personalities in this sports series. Onoda is alright but spends too much time being fascinated and unskilled that he comes off as just less interesting than the other two. Im looking forward to how much he can change and be an interesting asset if he eventually makes the team, while trying to find a place for Imaizumi to fit into the team and Naruko too.
Though how are they all going to join when only two of three make it. I wanted two of the other three standard normal characters to make the team, but the ending animation and opening animation doesnt have any of them in it so it is a bit depressing. Hopefully its just a false sign and doesnt indicate who will make the team, as having one from a tennis background and a baseball background who both know their stuff for biking at least made it feel somewhat unique and special seeing nontraditional folks making a name for themselves in something different and something they could feel passionate about.

• Non Non Biyori 01
Well, that was a nice palate cleanser of wut

So far this is like Lucky Star.

With only the boring parts.

Or modern SNL.

At least we have this doge:
H1fc8iy.png

Gu was the funniest part.

Clannad: After Story 15

Ahh the trials of
pregnancy
: such fun! This episode focuses more on the aspect of Nagisa's poor health as was present from way back to the first season, and with the upcoming
pregnancy, and told in the episode also,
the dangers are real, as it is in real-life.

I have to say that Akio is a great character but more importantly a great father for Tomoya. I really enjoy how the anime defines family to the strong bonds/relations one makes with other people instead of just biological connections.

Now time for my predictions IE Mega-Spoilers Here:

So yes with the pregnancy there is a chance Nagisa may die at childbirth and knowing this is a Key production I wouldn't put it passed the show to make that come true, in fact knowing that this is a Key production makes me wary that a tragedy will happen, so yes I'm already predicting Nagisa's death as painful that will be.

However, I do not think Nagisa will die at childbirth. This is mainly due to the remaining episode count and some gut-feeling of mine, though I'm pretty sure the show will make said childbirth as intense as possible. I'm giving the childbirth atleast 2 episodes from now to happen and if Nagisa does indeed die I will be very shocked/surprised.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
SoreMachi 2

I'm convinced SHAFT are the animation studio equivalent of that guy at parties who just sits on the couch smoking weed all night long while talking about how Picasso was secretly an alien or something. This show, man.

Oreimo 12 (True Route)

Ohhhhhhhhh, snap.

Didn't know Kuroneko was going to attend Kyousuke's school.

Is this really supposed to have some Kirino x Kyousuke flags? With her gone and the episode ending like this, it kinda seems like it would have more Kuroneko flags than anyone else.

cnet128

Banned
Oreimo 12 (True Route)

Is this really supposed to have some Kirino x Kyousuke flags? With her gone and the episode ending like this, it kinda seems like it would have more Kuroneko flags than anyone else.

I think the post about Kirino x Kyousuke was probably someone getting confused and thinking you were talking about the extra episodes at the end of the second season. While I guess you could say there's a bit of Kirino x Kyousuke-y stuff in the first season's extra episodes, you're absolutely correct in thinking that Kuroneko flags are more the order of the day.

Gbraga

Man, Non Non Biyori really is the best, just seeing gifs and pics and reading people's comments on it makes me smile already.

Everyone should watch it.

Jintor

High School DxD 01

So even though that was pretty much 100% of what I would normally consider 'irredeemable trash' I have the weirdest sensation of having quite enjoyed that nonsense.

High School DxD 01

So even though that was pretty much 100% of what I would normally consider 'irredeemable trash' I have the weirdest sensation of having quite enjoyed that nonsense.

High School DxD is completely shameless and absurd wonderfulness, with some great girls too.

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 1

This show has set a lofty goal for itself in that it will have to balance all the yuri, boys' love, and straight love all into one show, a feat that few dare.

Props to Tamaki, seeing right through that one bitch and going "Fuck off, ho" in the most polite way possible.

I think the post about Kirino x Kyousuke was probably someone getting confused and thinking you were talking about the extra episodes at the end of the second season. While I guess you could say there's a bit of Kirino x Kyousuke-y stuff in the first season's extra episodes, you're absolutely correct in thinking that Kuroneko flags are more the order of the day.

Oh, this will be fun :)

High School DxD is completely shameless and absurd wonderfulness, with some great girls too.

Akeno master race!

It's my professional opinion that you're already dead.

Like, seriously pyrosis? How many times has this happened? If it's just a one off thing I wouldn't put too much credence into it. But if it re-occurring or doesn't go away, I'd see a doc in person, not asking AnimeGAF. That's not normal.

Like once.

Everyone seems to love that loli.

Articalys

Machine-Doll ep.5

I've had enough. Dropped.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel ep.5

Not the greatest thing ever either, but I'm sticking with it in hopes that we'll get more of the Takao Comedy Hour.

Also:
JCIgIlm.jpg

KONGOU DESS

JCG

Guilty Crown 01 -ENG-

Let's just say that Gulity Crown is a textbook example of how to do Code Geass completely wrong and actually produce something irredeemably bad.

It attempts to be darker and edgier while in fact being stupider and significantly more annoying.There are a few over-the-top moments, truth be told, but it's rarely the fun and/or self-aware kind of craziness that you can find in its predecessor or in Valvrave for that matter. Which is why I can argue both of those are relatively good shows despite their own ups and downs, just sometimes tasteless and very contrived, while Guilty Crown is straight-up terribad with its only saving grace being the use of great production values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom