• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might pick it up again when I'm the right mood for it.

Lupin 3: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine 01

Damn, that was a fun ride. I think I should go check out other Lupin 3 stuff first though for the full effect.

Lotta Fujiko nipples though. Like... a lot.

You're having bad luck picking shows today. I'd highly advise you to stop watching this show right now and never look back, because it gets pretty terrible pretty quickly.

You're having bad luck picking shows today. I'd highly advise you to stop watching this show right now and never look back, because it gets pretty terrible pretty quickly.

It's at least worth watching Episode 2, which was pretty great.

And then pretending that the rest of the show doesn't exist and dropping it as quick as possible.

You know, I kind of wish there were more musical anime shows. Beck didn't do it for me since it focused so much on the drama and the hilarious engrish (I wers made ro hit in Am-eh-reeca!) Noade Cantabile (or w/e it was called) was fantastic and probably my favorite. As much as I like White Album 2 the music won't be the focus.

And I already watched Kids on the Slope which was fantastic. I need more rotoscoped music playing. I would kill for an anime with fantastic animation about a musician with talent trying to get noticed.

edit: forgot to mention I'm sure there are plenty of Idols show, but idol music is cancer for me.

Clannad: After Story 16

Oh hell no. OH HEEEELLLLL NO! NONONONONONO! fhgfwhdkgwvbbrmebardshfgsfgjhw!!!

NAGISA IS FUCKING DEAD?! *Ahem* But seriously, she's dead? Like really? Or is this just one of those vague endings and you have to find out next episode? But the preview at the end looked so... definite. Damn....

Okay but for my reaction I was more shocked (actually still shocked) rather than sad. No tears came from this scene as I'm still in denial at the moment. I mean there's like 8 episodes left! She can't be dead, what are we going to cover in the next 8 episodes? Due to how the show is paced so far they can't spend all that time going through Tomoya's stages of grief, can they? ARGH.

Is it really that bad? That first episode seemed pretty fun.

I'll quote duckroll:

Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna - I'm mentioning this here because this is the worst anime I watched all year. If you are even considering watching this because of the Lupin brand, don't. IT IS FUCKING AWFUL. Don't watch it. It starts off with decent but underwhelming episodic episodes, and then it completely falls off the cliff when the "real" storyline starts and it just goes crazy in all the worst ways possible. Total.Waste.Of.Time. #youhavebeenwarned

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 18
screenshot116m9s14.png

Wait, you mean that doesn't work?

Can't say I expected
Tsuwabuki to be the next Black Rose duelist. It was cool to see him developed more.
It's cool how this arc is taking the previously insignificant side character counterparts to the major characters and developing them.

This episode made me realize there's probably significance with people literally being deflowered in the duels. Adolescence and such.

W-Wakaba isn't actually from the Onion Kingdom, is she?

I would kill for an anime with fantastic animation about a musician with talent trying to get noticed.

I would too, that sounds great.

NAGISA IS FUCKING DEAD?! *Ahem* But seriously, she's dead? Like really? Or is this just one of those vague endings and you have to find out next episode? But the preview at the end looked so... definite. Damn....

Okay but for my reaction I was more shocked (actually still shocked) rather than sad. No tears came from this scene as I'm still in denial at the moment. I mean there's like 8 episodes left! She can't be dead, what are we going to cover in the next 8 episodes? Due to how the show is paced so far they can't spend all that time going through Tomoya's stages of grief, can they? ARGH.

Shit son. I thought they couldn't possibly do anymore. But trust me boy-o. The feelsacoaster ain't stoppin'. I did shed some tears in this scene, but the shock was overwhelming. There's more feels later on.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 18

Can't say I expected
Tsuwabuki to be the next Black Rose duelist. It was cool to see him developed more.
It's cool how this arc is taking the previously insignificant side character counterparts to the major characters and developing them.

This episode made me realize there's probably significance with people literally being deflowered in the duels. Adolescence and such.

W-Wakaba isn't actually from the Onion Kingdom, is she?

I would too, that sounds great.

Onions > Roses is the actual message of Utena.

Kazzy

Started watching Full Metal Panic! this morning. I can't say that I really have any real expectations, though I'm aware that most of the affection is generally reserved for Fumoffu.That said, it has been pretty enjoyable, and it is well-paced.

On a side-note, nothing reminds me that I'm watching something (slightly) longer in the tooth, than frequent, innocuous panty shots. I often overlook that sort of stuff, but it does seem to have a tendency to appear in the most unsuitable places. Tonally, it probably isn't the best thing that I burst out laughing during one of the more serious moments (albeit, it is a comedy).

Jintor

Well, i was planning on watching other Lupin stuff first anyway.

Well no, I was actually planning on working on Nanowrimo and watching some more log horizon instead...

Brace yourself. The real feels start now.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, they're pretty much all references to one thing or another.

There's a Nichibros reference in there ("The wind is troubled today…"), a K-ON! reference ("Houkago BB-Time"), even a Mastercard reference ("There are some things Platinum Dollars can't buy").

Non Non Biyori 5

Renchon continues to be the greatest thing. I'm tempted to say every moment that is not spent on her is a moment wasted, but that would be a discredit to the other girls, who are also good. They're just not nearly as good.

Komari certainly has her share of adorable moments though. And the Spicy Noodle Dilemma was priceless.

Yeah I noticed a bunch of anime/ad references in the trophies list too.
Ren is just plain adorable.

Renchon's "nee-nee" reminds me how much I love Miya from Amagami's "nii-nii".

I love vocal tics

My anime list is in need of some more cute. I think I know exactly what to do...

Oh yes. Its exactly what you need!

HNNNNNNNGGGHHHH

Jarmel

Banned

I have absolutely zero interest in watching this show yet I love this character.

Started watching Full Metal Panic! this morning. I can't say that I really have any real expectations, though I'm aware that most of the affection is generally reserved for Fumoffu.That said, it has been pretty enjoyable, and it is well-paced.

On a side-note, nothing reminds me that I'm watching something (slightly) longer in the tooth anime, than frequent, innocuous panty shots. I often overlook that sort of stuff, but it does seem to have a tendency to appear in the most unsuitable places. Tonally, it probably isn't the best thing that I burst out laughing during one of the more serious moments (albeit, it is a comedy).

It's not just Fumoffu but 2nd Raid also. In short KyoAni>Gonzo.

As for the panty shots, yea I was rewatching this earlier this year and the panty shots really did feel out of place in the OG series.

Some Doki Doki Precure shit

Regina is gonna be converted to her original attire

New Power ups (*rolls eyes*) There will be wings. Also Love Harp or whatever.

Regina has a spear, looks to be a permanent equip for her.

There was a Christmas comic that had Love and Setsuna in it.

There was a Rin look-alike in that comic. Don't know if its meant to be taken seriously. It either means its just a comic or we'll see Love and Setsuna for real.

CorvoSol

Such symbolism.

Deonioning is much more painful.

On a side-note, nothing reminds me that I'm watching something (slightly) longer in the tooth anime, than frequent, innocuous panty shots. I often overlook that sort of stuff, but it does seem to have a tendency to appear in the most unsuitable places. Tonally, it probably isn't the best thing that I burst out laughing during one of the more serious moments (albeit, it is a comedy).

The panty shots are more or less gone in The Second Raid, though.
Nudity replaces them.
Anyway, Fumoffu is great but the Second Raid is my favorite anime series of all. FMP! is my favorite in general, but TSR is amazing. I wrote a lot about the episodes last time I watched it.

Freaking love FMP, so I hope you enjoy it.

Full Metal Panic is awesome. The first season does have some minor pacing issues and I guess the mech animation could have been done better (it does improve as the season goes on though, with TSR having much better animation). Besides that, I really enjoy its OST and it's also one of the shows where I'd rather watch the dub. <3 Hilary Haag and Chris Patton in it.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic is awesome. The first season does have some minor pacing issues and I guess the mech animation could have been done better (it does improve as the season goes on though, with TSR having much better animation). Besides that, I really enjoy its OST and it's also one of the shows where I'd rather watch the dub. <3 Hilary Haag and Chris Patton in it.

Luci Christian's greatest performance.

Daggum it, y'all're makin' me want to watch FMP again, but I promised myself not to until I'd seen all of Mazinger and Getter.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 19
screenshot120lbs6t.png

No idea what this segment meant

Aw this episode was pretty sweet, and wasn't even that weird... Until the last 5 minutes or so.
Then Tatsuya got hilariously snubbed by Wakaba. Poor guy. Mikage telling him he's too nice to be a villain was cool, I wonder if he'll show up again. Also Saionji is back. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm more curious what Wakaba has to do with him.

Legit surprised The Onion Kingdom isn't a real kingdom. also Wakaba is the evil one next time. ;_;

I like how this series sets up a formula, and then right when it starts getting repetitive it flips it around.

Luci Christian's greatest performance.

Daggum it, y'all're makin' me want to watch FMP again, but I promised myself not to until I'd seen all of Mazinger and Getter.

It's on my rewatch list but I really just want to watch one or two really epic shows before I go in that queue.

Clannad: After Story 17

Heh, this was a cute episode.

Well it seems that Nagisa being dead is confirmed now. It is sad of course but I think the shock of it just pushed away any sadness coming from my part. Of course there's a time factor (perhaps I will break down tomorrow? Haha) but so far, while I did enjoy it, I still felt more feels in Angel Beats! than I did with Nagisa's death, even if I find Clannad superior atm (will get more onto that in my series review at the end). If I were to pinpoint it I would say the ending of Angel Beats! gave me more feels due to the music but more importantly the point of it being the end, the finale, while in Clannad I still have 7 episodes to go from this point.

So that's that for my reaction to Nagisa's death, now onto the actual episode.
Ushio
is just damn cute, I enjoy children/toddlers at this age where they are both innocent, have awareness, but not rebellious brats yet. It's a bit of a shame Tomoya distanced himself from his child for 3 years but it isn't that far-fetched considering Nagisa died at childbrith. Sanae's plan is obviously to force Tomoya to connect with Ushio and I think it will be successful as Ushio looks very similar to Nagisa.

Oh and I guess this finally wraps up my pondering of who the heck that child character was in the last season's OP and this season's ED. So does the VN include After Story too? If it did I will definitely get it/play it as I previously thought the VN only encompassed the first season of Clannad.

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 2

This show is pretty funny and sweet. I wonder if it was discovered that Haruhi was a girl if it would make her more or less popular. I think she could remain a host if it was, but I'm getting ahead of myself here, as that's probably the ending if anything.

Clannad: After Story 17

Oh and I guess this finally wraps up my pondering of who the heck that child character was in the last season's OP and this season's ED. So does the VN include After Story too? If it did I will definitely get it/play it as I previously thought the VN only encompassed the first season of Clannad.

Yes, after you complete the various school life routes in the VN you're able to go through the After Story portion.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 19

Aw this episode was pretty sweet, and wasn't even that weird... Until the last 5 minutes or so.
Then Tatsuya got hilariously snubbed by Wakaba. Poor guy. Mikage telling him he's too nice to be a villain was cool, I wonder if he'll show up again. Also Saionji is back. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm more curious what Wakaba has to do with him.

Legit surprised The Onion Kingdom isn't a real kingdom. also Wakaba is the evil one next time. ;_;

I like how this series sets up a formula, and then right when it starts getting repetitive it flips it around.

The next episode is one of my most depressing moments in anime.

Clannad: After Story 18

Okay, that's it, it finally happened. I cried, not ashamed of it. Whoever said they wanted my reaction for episode 18, well here you go.

The revelation from Tomoya's grandmother about his dad was interesting and I'm pleased that it fit so well with what Tomoya is currently going through. The thought didn't even cross my mind. And this whole story relates back to Nagisa as well with her occasional bugging of Tomoya to connect with his father, damn all these references so good.

And then it happened.
That scene were Tomoya finally accepted his duty as a father and bonded with Ushio in an embrace. That scene was just perfect: Tomoya's confession, Ushio following what Sanae taught her, the hug, the tears, fuuuuuuuck. So good.

This episode I would qualify as perfect/masterpiece, even
with Tomoya acting indifferent to Ushio throughout the episode.
Ahh but we still have 6 more episode to go. Will After Story make me cry again? We'll see.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 20
screenshot1246ws24.png

Casual conversation poses

This episode might be the best one yet. It was sad 'n' stuff.
Saionji is such an asshole, he's overtaken Touga until his inevitable return, and Wakaba being "broken" after being the most innocent character on the show sucked. Seems like the slate might not be wiped completely clean this time either.
One of the better fights too, no stock footage thrust or anything!

It was nice seeing Anthy show emotion during the fight with Wakaba, it seems like how emotional she is varies a lot.

It's impressive how this show swings wildly between being goofy and dark while feeling pretty tonally consistent.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 20

This episode might be the best one yet. It was sad 'n' stuff.
Saionji is such an asshole, he's overtaken Touga until his inevitable return, and Wakaba being "broken" after being the most innocent character on the show sucked. Seems like the slate might not be wiped completely clean this time either.
One of the better fights too, no stock footage thrust or anything!

It was nice seeing Anthy show emotion during the fight with Wakaba, it seems like how emotional she is varies a lot.

It's impressive how this show swings wildly between being goofy and dark while feeling pretty tonally consistent.

Just remind me you ain't watching the dub. Cuz the dub in that scene is AWFUL.

REC
I found this show to actually be fairly good. The romance develops fast and relatively good( as in they realize each other's feelings and actually start dating). The main characters are interesting and cute especially Aka. The earnest nature of the show makes you feel pretty good and there are no harem antics. There are a few fanservice scenes but the focus is on the startup career of the protagonists. I think my favorite episode was 5 when Aka
has to voice act for a character in a 18+ game.
The end leaves a bit to be desired so I guess it was planned originally to have more seasons. Nekoki is a great character.
I rate it a 7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom