• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Just remind me you ain't watching the dub. Cuz the dub in that scene is AWFUL.

I ain't watching the dub. I heard enough people complain about it to stay away. :p

This wasn't the most depressing anime episode I've seen, I think some bits of S;G still win out there, but it was definitely one of the darker and sadder ones.
I think what'll determine how depressing it really is is how, if at all, Wakaba's personality is affected going forward.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 16

Oh hell no. OH HEEEELLLLL NO! NONONONONONO! fhgfwhdkgwvbbrmebardshfgsfgjhw!!!

NAGISA IS FUCKING DEAD?! *Ahem* But seriously, she's dead? Like really? Or is this just one of those vague endings and you have to find out next episode? But the preview at the end looked so... definite. Damn....

Okay but for my reaction I was more shocked (actually still shocked) rather than sad. No tears came from this scene as I'm still in denial at the moment. I mean there's like 8 episodes left! She can't be dead, what are we going to cover in the next 8 episodes? Due to how the show is paced so far they can't spend all that time going through Tomoya's stages of grief, can they? ARGH.

Clannad: After Story 17

Heh, this was a cute episode.

Well it seems that Nagisa being dead is confirmed now. It is sad of course but I think the shock of it just pushed away any sadness coming from my part. Of course there's a time factor (perhaps I will break down tomorrow? Haha) but so far, while I did enjoy it, I still felt more feels in Angel Beats! than I did with Nagisa's death, even if I find Clannad superior atm (will get more onto that in my series review at the end). If I were to pinpoint it I would say the ending of Angel Beats! gave me more feels due to the music but more importantly the point of it being the end, the finale, while in Clannad I still have 7 episodes to go from this point.

So that's that for my reaction to Nagisa's death, now onto the actual episode.
Ushio
is just damn cute, I enjoy children/toddlers at this age where they are both innocent, have awareness, but not rebellious brats yet. It's a bit of a shame Tomoya distanced himself from his child for 3 years but it isn't that far-fetched considering Nagisa died at childbrith. Sanae's plan is obviously to force Tomoya to connect with Ushio and I think it will be successful as Ushio looks very similar to Nagisa.

Oh and I guess this finally wraps up my pondering of who the heck that child character was in the last season's OP and this season's ED. So does the VN include After Story too? If it did I will definitely get it/play it as I previously thought the VN only encompassed the first season of Clannad.

Clannad: After Story 18

Okay, that's it, it finally happened. I cried, not ashamed of it. Whoever said they wanted my reaction for episode 18, well here you go.

The revelation from Tomoya's grandmother about his dad was interesting and I'm pleased that it fit so well with what Tomoya is currently going through. The thought didn't even cross my mind. And this whole story relates back to Nagisa as well with her occasional bugging of Tomoya to connect with his father, damn all these references so good.

And then it happened.
That scene were Tomoya finally accepted his duty as a father and bonded with Ushio in an embrace. That scene was just perfect: Tomoya's confession, Ushio following what Sanae taught her, the hug, the tears, fuuuuuuuck. So good.

This episode I would qualify as perfect/masterpiece, even
with Tomoya acting indifferent to Ushio throughout the episode.
Ahh but we still have 6 more episode to go. Will After Story make me cry again? We'll see.

:'D

Yes it will make you cry again. Hard. Get ready

Gazoinks

I think I might start up Clannad finally after I finish Utena. I want to see if it'll actually make me cry, I really don't cry easily.

Articalys

So it'll just be one 10 minutes episode weekly? :[
I mean, honestly, the series is pretty much going to be just Kana Hanazawa narrating whatever crazy thing Seki is doing in class while Hiro Shimono makes the occasional sound effect. There's only so much of that you can do at once without it overstaying its welcome.

cajunator

Banned
Guilty Crown 01 -ENG-

Wow, the dubbing on this is actually pretty good. Pretty naturalistic dialogue (outside of the main character's whining), largely suitable voices.

Militaristic guys are pretty incompetent flatfoots though, don't even bother properly securing the area where they found her, missed her little mech, especially when they're supposed to be searching for stolen goods. Guess that's what happens when you're blind peons of the military autocracy.

Lotta people shitting on Shu, lol. Kid's just a fuckin' high-schooler, what the fuck was he meant to do against the military?

Hmmm. Seems pretty interesting all-up, but still got a hint of something that I'm not real fond of.

Yeah this show is straight up shit, despite having a catgirl in it.

Time for some DOWN TOWN E KURIDASOU~

Its always time for Soredemo!

SoreMachi 2

I'm convinced SHAFT are the animation studio equivalent of that guy at parties who just sits on the couch smoking weed all night long while talking about how Picasso was secretly an alien or something. This show, man.

Yep, thats pretty much how Shaft rolls. Love that studio.

I don't need smiles. I need tears, drama anger and sex. Those sell for me.

Oh so you need Saikano.

I mean, honestly, the series is pretty much going to be just Kana Hanazawa narrating whatever crazy thing Seki is doing in class while Hiro Shimono makes the occasional sound effect. There's only so much of that you can do at once without it overstaying its welcome.

I admit I kinda expected it to be even shorter of the 3-5 minute variety (and just have it run till the end of time).

I guess 10 minutes means they can probably get through two chapters each episode, though I wonder what they are going to pair it with then in the timeslot then.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy 6

bWyRRm3.jpg
wY1fDnf.jpg

So now we have teacher rivalries! I think it's clear though that the series will take time to make Misao less of a miserable person than before mahou-ing. Sasami is still rather reluctant, but I have a feeling she's gonna be more accepting of it. Well I guess this episode was one step on that, but because she realize she doesn't have a choice here.

More pairing stuff keeps going. When is Misa gonna attempt to deck her alone?

Clannad: After Story 19

Nice episode, finally bringing closure to Tomoya's dad. This closure however really brings home the sad/bittersweet aspect of
Nagisa not being there anymore as she was the first (and for a long time the only) person telling Tomoya to reconcile with his dad. Such a shame it took this long, ah oh well.

And of course best girl
FUKO IS BACK!!!!!! Shame that the two don't remember each other, perhaps in the later episodes that will happen?

I think I might start up Clannad finally after I finish Utena. I want to see if it'll actually make me cry, I really don't cry easily.

I felt the same way. I've watched many sad/tragic animes and currently Clannad is one out of two to achieve me crying. Said list of animes include Steins;Gate, Madoka Magika, Angel Beats!, and Mawaru Penguindrum.

Gazoinks

I felt the same way. I've watched many sad/tragic animes and currently Clannad is one out of two to achieve me crying. Said list of animes include Steins;Gate, Madoka Magika, Angel Beats!, and Mawaru Penguindrum.

Is Mawaru Penguindrum sad? I don't really know much about it, but I thought it was more of a weird/wacky thing.

The closest I've gotten was Steins;Gate.
Episode 16
made me shed some tears, but not full-out cry.

Is Mawaru Penguindrum sad? I don't really know much about it, but I thought it was more of a weird/wacky thing.

The closest I've gotten was Steins;Gate.
Episode 16
made me shed some tears, but not full-out cry.

I would say it's sad in the aspect of suffering due to the sins of fathers meaning that there's just some things you can't escape from in reality. And yes it is a bit surreal but if you plan to watch through it just know that the surrealness/whackiness does serve a purpose. Overall the anime was enjoyable.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 19

Nice episode, finally bringing closure to Tomoya's dad. This closure however really brings home the sad/bittersweet aspect of
Nagisa not being there anymore as she was the first (and for a long time the only) person telling Tomoya to reconcile with his dad. Such a shame it took this long, ah oh well.

And of course best girl
FUKO IS BACK!!!!!! Shame that the two don't remember each other, perhaps in the later episodes that will happen?

Aaaaaaaah you're getting so close

I always assumed Kuroko would be better if the cast were monstars.

Aw yeah

That sounds like effort.

Do you want to slam or not?

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 3

Man the ladies really go nuts for the twincest, don't they? Also Honey-kun is so moe.

Girls probably left sad that they couldn't see Haruhi. I still think that that would make her more popular if she were found out, long as she was as dashing as she is as a host.

CorvoSol

Corvo uses the shift key instead of pressing the caps lock button, that's pretty Looney.

That's the force of my dedication to proving to you all how much I hate stuff.

I'm practically the Armin of this motley crew. I scream and cry and am generally useless and most of the people watching this thread hate my guts and one or two of you draw promotional images of me in a skirt.

Basically the Armin of Anime-GAF.

That's the force of my dedication to proving to you all how much I hate stuff.

I'm practically the Armin of this motley crew. I scream and cry and am generally useless and most of the people watching this thread hate my guts and one or two of you draw promotional images of me in a skirt.

Basically the Armin of Anime-GAF.

But most men are useless anyway.

Coppelion - 5

Lolz, this episode was so whacky. Better this than drama drama drama. Cheap episode, quite a bit of panning still shots and not much action, talk talk talk. At least things are happening that should answer some complaints I've read about this earlier, lol.

Also, elsewhere I read some are bothered how unrealistic last episode was with the B-2 chase etc, when everything about this series is realistic, etc. I'm not sure fromwhere they got the impression that this series is supposed to be about real things or real 'science'. I like them to see this episode, hahahahha. It's a show about genetically created girls with super powers, you're bothered why a B-2 fires missiles? of all things to complain about in Coppelion, they're bothered with that. lol, stupid people.

anyways with robots, 'Enclave' forces, abandoned science building. This episode was kinda like Fallout...

next week.
Coppellion... it starts out as a strident anti-nuclear rant of a series -- seriously, doesn't it say that millions died after that nuclear disaster? That's just absurd anti-nuclear alarmism, it wouldn't be quite on that level, as the two real nuclear disasters on that level were not. The series seems to initially have existed as much as anything to argue against the use of nuclear power. But in order to do that, it doesn't have much interest in actually sticking with a plausible case.

But then, apparently, later in the series, it becomes basically a shonen battle series as various superpowered characters/etc. fight in the city... blah. Done for ratings reasons I imagine. Coppelion has some interesting elements to it, but there are also plenty of flaws, both before and after that point.

Copellion - 05

There are way too many people in a capital where :

- you die in 10 minutes if you breath normal air
- toxic nuclear waste everywhere
- a large part of the buildings are crumbling
- supplies are limited
- wildlife has taken place
-12 years have passed

Seriously , there are plenty of escuse provided but heck i don't think we would have that many survivors if it happenned IRL

And how did the girl got pregnant ? in the "planet" there are like not that many candidates to be the father ...
There are definitely way too many people in that city, yeah. That I can kind of excuse -- without them there'd be no series -- but it is one of the many ways that Coppellion ignores plausible reality. Expect that unrealistic side of the series to get worse as it goes along, I think, as I said above. It's too bad.

Some of the most powerful and influential acts in Japanese entertainment are manzai acts. Pretty much all variety shows are hosted and guested in by manzai acts. In absolute terms, more people around the world know American standup (because of population) but in relative terms, manzai is pretty much half the entire business in Japan.

There's really nothing that can be done by 1 dude that can't be done with 2 dudes. There are prop comedians, impressionists and stuff doing manzai too. There are solo acts but its not as common as duos. Japanese comedy relies on a back and forth between the "boke" and the "tsukkomi" and alot of the comedy relies on the boke horsing around and the tsukkomi interjecting.
I guess I don't always quite 'get it'. I mean, as it goes in anime, the one character says something funny, then the other says how they are stupid or something. How is that anything other than a very limiting form of humor? It sure seems that way to me. And the way it's used in anime isn't always all that great, either; for me, often either the 'straight man' is just being annoying in their "you're an idiot" lines, or the "joker" character is in their overdone stupidity. Sometimes that stuff works in anime, sure; I'd certainly hope so, given how often it comes up. But more variety of humor would be great...

And on that note, how about more Joshiraku? I really liked that. :)

Okay, good, somebody finally freed the first Witch Craft Works PV from its region-locked Bandai Channel shackles. The original source video was fairly low-quality anyway, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4fPH-It5g

edit: also, the website seems to have some voice sample conversations between Takamiya (newbie seiyuu Yuusuke Kobayashi), Kagari (Asami Seto), and Kasumi (Ai Kayano).
Blah, not too promising. The visuals aren't nearly as good as the manga, for sure... and the story's blah wish-fulfillment stuff anyway, so that never was a reason to read it.

Baoh

So there's 45 minutes I'm NEVER getting back. This thing was so dumb. Like they seriously made up powers and plot points at the drop of a hat. Like the native dude being from a tribe and the bandanna limiting his psychic powers. Faces were melted off frequently, in addition to the good ol' fashioned skull crush that List anime needs to have, it seems. The plot was stupid as hell and the villains just kinda ranted on about the dumbest of things, with them having no real plan to speak of. I can't quite decide if I am thankful for the fact that it was only 45 minutes, or if the thing genuinely suffered because of that. I mean, I genuinely suffered because of it, but I don't think "only" applies in that case.

Whatever, it is dumb and done and we're moving on.
Hey, they were way too busy drawing peoples' heads exploding to bother with silly little things like "plot"! But yeah, that anime's not that great.

Log Horizon: Since this bears similarities to SAO, I'll make some minor comparisons to it. For one, even with SAO's writing problems, I felt that it explained what it needed to well in the beginning and at least had somewhat believable motivations for characters. Log Horizon on the other hand just kinda throws everything in as the series goes.
Oh, this thing? Here's what this does. Oh, we're in a game? Cool. Oh, we suddenly have to do this or suddenly know about this?
. It's more "Hey, you don't need to know what happened - just enjoy the ride". I feel like there's very little backstory worth knowing about and they're feigning a sense of mystery to excuse poor writing. However, since it's a 25 episode series I imagine they'll expand upon it. Hopefully it doesn't drag on like this.

Unfortunately, that isn't the only thing that left me skeptcial. The OP is really annoying, and LH is also falling victim to the random "insert innuendo gag here" twice per episode. They're also heavily banking on Akatsuki's "cuteness", and she instead ends up overshadowing the rest of the as-of-now dull cast. In spite of this, it's still exciting to see how the battles are strategized, and if nothing else, I'm interested in seeing where those go.
What in the world do you mean, "you don't need to know what happened"? Log Horizon does a great job of thoroughly explaining everything as far as the setting, the way the world works, etc. There's more every episode so far. It is true that the characters' motivations have not been fully explained yet, but that is clearly for plot reasons. The main character has some history that will surely matter later in the series.

Log Horizon is Sword Art Online if SAO was enjoyable.

Too bad it won't do half as well... :(
It's a reasonably high quality show which us usually not too stupid. The two are leagues apart in quality... unless people have bad taste (which clearly many people do) I have no idea why anyone would want to watch SAO instead of this, but you'll probably end up being right, won't you. :)

Yuyushiki SP6 END

yuyushikisp6.jpg

MEOWRVELOUS!
If I ever wonder about whether it was right to drop this series after one painfully stupid episode, all I have to do is look at pictures like this one and I know it was the right decision for sure.

For me fairy tail first arcs have a very bad pacing and a odd sense of adventure .
Most of it was told under Lucy POW and she didn't fit the role of a main character ( we all know natsu is the hero and that's why i got confused )

Once the author just let the crazy door open in term of scale , fights and tension fairy tail really shine and there was none of that untill the first BIG arc ( the tower )
Natsu is indeed the main character, but Mashima clearly wanted to have some of that traditional character arc stuff in the series, and Natsu doesn't have that; he starts out at full strength. Lucy, however, starts out as a newbie with no powers, and then gradually learns about the guild, the characters, etc, and gains more abilities along the way as well. That's got to be why she gets so much focus early on. She's also the lead female character, of course. I thought the decision to focus on her a lot was a good one. Also, Fairy Tail is a good series when it's being funny or semi-serious, but the most serious arcs, such as the Tower of Heaven or the current manga arc, are the ones I like the least... I had to skip most of the Tower of Heaven arc, just didn't like it much at all.

Clannad: After Story 20

Kyou is back! Whoooo!
Haha my first thought when I saw the boar was, "Is that Botan?"

On the topic of Kyou I'm wondering if the anime will show Tomoya moving on and perhaps marrying a new wife? Would be interesting and the two most likely atm is Kyou and Fuko now that they have returned.

But not it looks like Ushio has a fever, perhaps a genetic trait from Nagisa? Damn it's going to be hard for Tomoya if he has to go through caring for a poor-health loved one again let alone his own child this time.

wonzo

Banned
If I ever wonder about whether it was right to drop this series after one painfully stupid episode, all I have to do is look at pictures like this one and I know it was the right decision for sure.
You say this and then immediately spend a paragraph talking about Fairy Tail?

tonystare.gif

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters 5

AW YEAH RAMBA RAL YOU TELL 'EM. I really want Mr. Ral to be the final boss. Also Italy gave a woman the Victory Gundam. The only greater insult he could've given her was the AGE. I mean dude, do you want to sleep with this woman or don't you? Victory is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. Even compares the woman to the Victory. Just call her a dumb, ugly, fat pig and get your low-brow insult over with man. I mean really, could you be more uncouth?

"Do you think I attract weird people?"
"Yeah, I think so."

I'm actually really fond of glasses girl now. She's perfect for him.

Sei won by basically saying "Yo my bro is mad hax." That's kinda lame.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Who's the Lola Bunny of AnimeGAF?

Is it me?

Clannad: After Story 20

Kyou is back! Whoooo!
Haha my first thought when I saw the boar was, "Is that Botan?"

On the topic of Kyou I'm wondering if the anime will show Tomoya moving on and perhaps marrying a new wife? Would be interesting and the two most likely atm is Kyou and Fuko now that they have returned.

But not it looks like Ushio has a fever, perhaps a genetic trait from Nagisa? Damn it's going to be hard for Tomoya if he has to go through caring for a poor-health loved one again let alone his own child this time.

Oh man here we go! :)

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II 119

rqmT2uVl.jpg

Bad protag meets his greatest match yet! A duelist whose whole strategy is to employ MAGICAL SPACE ENERGY to draw whatever damn card he wants every turn and not when you become a Saint Seiya reject from fusing with your MAGICAL SPACE GHOST.

wsippel

Banned
High School DxD 01

So even though that was pretty much 100% of what I would normally consider 'irredeemable trash' I have the weirdest sensation of having quite enjoyed that nonsense.
It's probably the best ecchi show I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few. It's shameless and honest, funny, has some likable characters, a harem protagonist who isn't a complete idiot, some nice action and even touching moments. It's also unusually successful for an ecchi show, and rightfully so.

All IS stuff this time!

Well, I really have no idea how they summon their robots here, the author can pick any word or tech out of his ass for that so whatever I think I can be proven wrong, but,
all I'm saying is that in this show their robots can materialize out of thin air, they can use, for instance, a single arm of the robot without the rest of the frame and without breaking their own arm even though you'd think the human frame couldn't support a robot arm with a weapon so after all that nonsense Russia's ability is kinda more of the same. At this point there is no real tech grounded in reality here so I'm not surprised at whatever they do and it all fits since there is no grounded reality here.
Yeah, there is no grounded tech for sure. The whole series clearly goes on what I said last time, "any technology sufficiently advanced is the same thing as magic to those who see it"... or rather, the writers just don't care and just do stuff because they want to and give zero seconds of thought to how to explain why it works. "It just does because we say so, so there, that's all there is to it."
It's not exactly a good design philosophy, but given the level of writing in the series, asking for this kind of detail when it can't get much of anything else right either is probably asking for too much. :p

Maybe, but, in classic anime fashion these kids aren't soldiers. Look at it this way, you have standard high school students going up against a terrorist organization, the terrorist organization probably has a goal, maybe they feel it's worth dying for, while the students goal's are to survive, get good grades, graduate, marry Ichika and live a long and unfulfilled life, and dying directly hinders that.

Take away all the stupid from the story and strip it down to the bare human reality and what you have is essentially the same thing as two gunmen assaulting a normal high school, if it happened that the gunmen were to escape I don't think you'd find many rational adults questioning why some of the students did not continue to chase the gunmen. The school had already won, thwarted the thieves and did so with no deaths, there's little reason to press their luck at that point.
True. As you say,
of course teachers/soldiers/other adults should be involved and should be protecting them. The usual excuses for why this anime, as always, has children doing everything are used here. In this case, they probably mostly involve Tabane being a troll I imagine (convenient excuse, that). That's a weak excuse, of course, but it's about all they've got. Adults have never been a factor in protecting them, not in either season. Given the severity of the threats, that's definitely incredibly hard to justify on any sane level.

However, given that they DO seem to have to do everything... well, she probably has a plan to go after them eventually. I imagine we'll see it eventually. But still, I wonder if she could have done something there or not.

Also, episode 5 totally sucked. This show is just getting randomer and randomer.
Nah, ep. 5 was okay. The show is getting randomer and randomer, though, sure, that's true. That ending, though... I expect the next episode to be random and stupid as usual, but there'll probably be some short section that's maybe interesting? :)

It's technology ...
person behind it is a genius after all that managed to bend every freaking nation around the world to her will ...that should give us a idea on how advanced the thing is.

It's so advanced that she doesn't care that each nation is studying the tech on their own to make their own things as long as they respect the quota each nation has , in the end it's no use.
Now trying to make sense on how this SUPER ADVANCED technology works in the IS universe is a lost cause really
On that note, what excuse is there for how S2's villains managed to get their IS suits?
Tabane doesn't care about that? She probably should...

Eh,
I bet the creator girl didn't even create them.
Who do you think did, then? I think it was her.

Infinite Densetos 05

D-D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE SHOW.

No seriously I'm done. The fact he can't choose girl and is still this dense. I'm done. At least if he were funny or a complete badass I'd keep watching. But he's neither. He's just a nice guy.
What? Why in the world would you expect Ichika, the densest guy ever, to actually choose a girl? Of course he thought about doing that in the last couple of seconds of the end of the last episode of season 1, but that probably won't return until the last episode of this season. But yeah, that's what Ichika is: he's comically clueless. He doesn't know the girls like him, and is so stupid it's kind of endearing at times. He could be a lot worse, too... he's just bland and stupid, not actively awful like, say, Shirou.

Anyway, he's not the reason why anyone should be watching, or not watching, IS anything.

Infinite stratos 2 - 05

Ok so this episode was fanservice 200%
New rankings :

Japan
That fox prietess was really cute , so was the animal ears , Cuteness + 40

England
Nice plan , good outflit ( too short ) bonus points for honnesty , Cuteness + 15

FRANCE
Good idea , weak execution , nice goofiness , Cuteness + 10

GERMANY
Meh idea, good execution , cuteness + 10

China
Tsundere temper was nice , not enough time in the spotlight , cutness + 5

Russia
Seduction appeal was a nice bonus, outflit worked , charm + 25

Imouto land
Good costume , excellent angry attitude , nice posture , cuteness + 15 , charm + 10

Ichika
Honnesty + 10 , Dumb attitude +15 ...
"why were they so mad ?" i mean seriously ?
No way, France won again for sure... though yeah, Houki and Cecelia's were good. Germany's I was less impressed with, myself. Russia was pretty good though.

Infinite Stratos has already wisened up and cut out all the plot this season.
No, it still has a plot. They're just only including maybe ten seconds of it per episode so far.

If she is really English she should be playing English Billiards which uses only 3 balls, which is 3 more than the main doofus seems to possess
Well sure, but can the writers of IS really be expected to know that? But yeah, that kind of billiards (pool) is an American one. America was cut out of the IS anime, though, so I guess Cecelia has to take it...

Infinite Stratos S2 5

O...oh my. This whole episode. The fanservice level is:
spinaltap-11.jpg

Yamada-sensei: Of course she's the cow.

Japan: 8/10. notbad.gif Goddamnit, writers. Japan should not win. :/

England: 6/10. Hey, isn't that get up America's thing? Well, I guess England really doesn't have that much to work with :p

France: 9/10. HNNNNG. Poor Charles.

Germany: 7/10 for basically being a better england

Russia: 10/10. She's getting closer and closer to Best Girl every week.

China: 1/10. Try harder.

Sister: No. Fuck this shit.

Goddamn this show gets even dumber ever second. I didn't think that was possible.

Welp...
didn't see that coming.
Japan's not that bad of a character, she deserved her pretty good finish this episode. But Germany, better than Britain? Usually that is absolutely true, but in terms of their games here, eh... maybe not. Though Laura did have the disadvantage of having her turn interrupted, while Cecelia got a full round.

Infinite Stupidity S2 02-05:

I think the only reason Charlotte was disqualified by the teacher is because it was secretly going to be her idea and Charlotte's... adaptation beat her to the punch.

Ichika spent a lot of the time getting beaten to a pulp which I liked immensely, but why the girls apparently are stuck in a dimension where women are more attracted to men of incompetence is beyond me.
As was said, that last point is the harem dimension. However, if you ever read the two manga adaptations of IS (yes, there are two versions, one over and one ongoing reboot), both try something related to this point: they attempt to explain why Cecelia fell in love with Ichika, something the anime (and the LNs I believe) skip over. In the first version,
it explains that it's because Cecelia really wanted a guy who was strong enough to defeat her, and Ichika almost beat her, so now she thinks of him as strong, etc. Of course this doesn't hold up for more than a millisecond on any plausible level given his general weak, incredibly indecisive nature, but it's the paper-thin and very sexist excuse that writer added in.

The nwer manga, however, completely changes that fight. Instead of Cecelia barely winning because Ichika was stupid and ran out of power just before defeating her, this time he stops because he sees that she's scared, so he holds off and lets her win. Then she goes berzerk out of fear because of how he almost attacked her etc and he (at great danger to himself of course) calms her down from her weak womanly fit. Okay, it doesn't use those last three words, but the intent is clear. I'm not sure which version is more offensively sexist, honestly... both are awful.

And yes, that stuff is one of the reasons why Britain is worst girl. Even without the explanation for WHY it happened, the end result is the same...

I know I know, but Ichika takes it to a new level.
One of these days I'll learn.
He really does.
Maybe, maybe not...

You havent seen Maburaho or Green Green then.
I've seen Maburaho, and Maburaho's MC has nothing on Ichika.

There is no saving Infinite Stratos.

Unless the ending is something like all the girls suddenly develop self-respect and realize that Ichika totally sucks ass and they all leave him and he's alone and miserable forever. That would be nice.
It would be great if that'd happen sometime, but sadly, it probably never will... :(

I'm here to see the reaction of the next episode of Clannad. That one had me bawling but admittedly the hug episode had me bawling more. But that was a good cry vs a despair cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom